NATION

PASSWORD

(DRAFT)Foreign Accent Syndrome plagues @@NAME@@

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Sensorland
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

(DRAFT)Foreign Accent Syndrome plagues @@NAME@@

Postby Sensorland » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:02 pm

So, this is my first issue! I hope it's good!

Description: As the result of several citizens having been bitten by @@ANIMAL@@s, people left and right have been speaking in accents barely understandable in @@NAME@@, causing several major injuries.
Validity: Only valid for nations with the death rate of "@@ANIMAL@@ Attack" being ten percent or higher.

Options:
[option]A victim of Foreign Accent Syndrome, a man who's name sounds a bit like @@RANDOMNAME_REVERSED@@ to you, urges, "Somezing musht be done aboot zees terrible crisees. Ve need for you to deevert shpeinding from somevhere elshe! Perhaps from zhe edjucashion foond. Shoore, ve'll have a few cheeldren not leerning properly, ond ve'll have to cut some @@CURRENCY@@s from zhe teacher'sh shalariesh, but eet'sh vorth eet.
[effect]doctors work on "life-saving" operations for people with the common cold, while students in upper grades are still learning the alphabet
[stats]healthcare increases greatly, social equality increases slightly, education decreases significantly, intelligence decreases greatly, happiness increases slightly

[option]"Bah, who cares if they talk differently," says @@RANDOMNAME@@, a highly influencial representative of @@MAJORINDUSTRY@@. "They can still work, so it doesn't matter. Mandate that everyone able, including these 'diseased' folks, work whenever possible. It'll be really good for my wallet... uh, I mean the nation's economy, yeah.
[effect]everyone who has two arms and two legs is forced to get a job]
[stats]All industries increase slightly, commerce increases significantly, unemployed rates decrease greatly, healthcare decreases significantly, happiness decreases slightly

[option]@@RANDOMNAME@@, a frequent patient in the @@CAPITAL@@ Mental Hospital, has another solution in mind. "These people are diseased and infectious," he says, "We should lock 'em all up before we all start talking like them. We should coop 'em up where I used to be, or, even better, lets throw 'em all in jail and toss the key into fire." He adds hesitantly, "And the voices in my head agree! Except for Charlene, but she always disagrees."
[effect]anyone caught imitating a foreign accent is locked away in permanent quarantine
[stats]intelligence decreases significantly, happiness decreases greatly, civil rights decrease, culture decreases significantly, political apathy increases greatly

Feedback is appreciated!
Sensorland of the West Pacific
I mostly use NS stats
Just here to have a good time
Author of issue #1325
Social liberal, Georgist, atheist, vegan

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:14 pm

I'm not sure what issue is being brought up. @@ANIMAL@@ attacks? Atrocious accents? A disease transferred through @@ANIMAL@@ bites that causes atrocious accents?

The description needs to be concise and clear as to what's the problem at hand. Going along with that, the problem needs some grounding in reality. This is reading pretty silly right now.
Last edited by Luna Amore on Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sensorland
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sensorland » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:13 pm

Luna Amore wrote:I'm not sure what issue is being brought up. @@ANIMAL@@ attacks? Atrocious accents? A disease transferred through @@ANIMAL@@ bites that causes atrocious accents?

The description needs to be concise and clear as to what's the problem at hand. Going along with that, the problem needs some grounding in reality. This is reading pretty silly right now.

It is pretty silly, which I hadn't realized until I just now looked over it again. I'll modify it a bit, I guess.
Sensorland of the West Pacific
I mostly use NS stats
Just here to have a good time
Author of issue #1325
Social liberal, Georgist, atheist, vegan

Freemopia
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Freemopia » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:34 pm

Read the light bulb. It has to be about something that is real. Being bitten and then speaking a different language because of it is not real. Foreign language syndrome is not real.

In some cases, people who get very sick can be so tired and weak they mumble and can not speak clearly. That is because they are tired and weak, unable to move their mouth completely, and not able to move the rest of their body normally-being slow or barely being able to move. Most do not consider mumbling because your tired/weak an accent, even though it can sound like an accent sometimes. Accents usually only are considered as foreign language accents.

Option 4 is too offensive. Read the light bulb it says it’s not suppose to be really offensive, and option 4 fits into really offensive.

I don’t like it. Don’t submit it in its current form.

Return to Got Issues?