NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Update to 'Compulsory Organ Harvesting Proposed'

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Marquette of Pacific
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 04, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

[DRAFT] Update to 'Compulsory Organ Harvesting Proposed'

Postby Marquette of Pacific » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:37 pm

Hey everyone, as of right now, here is the issue entitled, 'Compulsory Organ Harvesting Proposed':

Tempers flare in @@NAME@@ as civil libertarians and the healthcare lobby clash once again over mandatory post-mortem organ donation.

1. "It's not as crazy as it sounds," says Dr. @@RANDOMNAME@@. "Every day, people die because we don't have the organs to save them. Well, that and widespread under-funding of the health system. But the point is, if the government allowed us to take organs from dead people, we could save hundreds of lives a year. And come on, it's not like dead people need them."

2. "You keep your damn hands off my organs!" says alarmed hospital patient @@RANDOMNAME@@. "They are my organs, and I'll do with them what I like. The government has no right to my body."

I am proposing a 3rd choice. Recently there have been further advancements in the field of 3D printing, and with what randomname says in option one about "people dying every day because we don't have the organs to save them", how about a 3rd option proposing the implementation of 3D printers into hospitals instead of organ harvesting? Here's my proposed 3rd option:

3. "Hey, hey people settle down now, will ya'?" Says Dr. @@RANDOMNAME@@, still in his lab coat. "Recently a handy-dandy ol' thing has been invented, it's called the 3D printer. I propose we start the implementation of 3D printers into our hospitals to help create organs for patients in need of ears or fingers. Sure we will still have to rely on donors for things like kidneys and such until there are more advancements in technology, but this is a step on the right path to saving lives in my opinion."
Economic Left/Right: 2.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.18

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:33 pm

New choices will not be added to existing issues, sorry.

Especially as this is one of Max's original 31.

That option doesn't work anyway. It's fails this portion of Sirocco's How to Write an Issue thread:

Is it a difficult choice? If your idea involves an imaginary power source, for example, which is cheap, clean, efficient etc. and therefore eradicates the point of choosing anything else then it's not usable. Every choice should be the wrong choice in some way or another. The issue should make the reader, after making his decision, think he should maybe have picked another one. This can be tricky, but don't worry: that's what editors are for. :wink:
Last edited by Luna Amore on Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Return to Got Issues?