NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] "Save The Flower!" Demand Doctors

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Octuagesimo Octavo
Spokesperson

Founded: May 31, 2013
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] "Save The Flower!" Demand Doctors

Postby Octuagesimo Octavo » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:34 am

Okay, so this is my first issue that I ever wrote. I feel a bunch of :palm:s coming after everybody points out my errors, but I will try to fix them.

Title: “Save The Flower!” Demand Doctors

Description: After @@NAME@@’s rainforests have begun to be bulldozed for a larger amount of roads and streets, several doctors and medical workers have demanded that the government allow a section to be preserved, due to the finding of a rare flower which can cure a variety of diseases.

Validity: Nations who have no environment funding

[option]”What?! They want WHAT?!” demands @@NAME@@’s Minister of Infrastructure, @@RANDOMNAME@@. “Listen, I know these people want their medical stuff and whatnot, but why one earth would it be prioritized over development?! They can go find another fancy flower in some other hipster eco-friendly country if they want, but not here!”
[effect] many people lie crippled on the newly paved streets, due to diminished amounts of medicine.
[stats] environmental beauty decreases, health decreases, automobile manufacturing increases, lifespan decreases, public healthcare decreases, tourism decreases, toxicity increases

[option]”You don’t understand!” bellows @@NAME@@’s most renowned doctor, @@RANDOMNAME@@. “This flower is a necessity to our country’s survival! You must not hurt this plant, otherwise many more people will die! Who cares if cars need to take a detour, it can’t be more important than the value of life!”
[effect] a section of the forest has been protected in order for doctors to collect medicine.
[stats] environmental beauty increases, health increases, lifespan increases, public healthcare increases

[option]”Hang on a minute, let’s evaluate the situation” says @@RANDOMNAME@@, an extreme environmentalist. “The doctors want to save a part of the forest just to pick a flower? The specimen is the last of its kind! It will defeat the purpose of not bulldozing an area just to mash up an almost extinct species! I say save the forest, but keep the flower, as well.”
[effect] forests has been known to be clogged with dying people.
[stats] eco-friendliness increases, environmental beauty increases, health decreases, lifespan decreases, ideology radicality increases, toxicity decreases, public healthcare decreases

[option]”This is just another reason to increase our police numbers” says @@RANDOMNAME@@, @@NAME@@’s police chief, and your brother. “Everybody knows that letting these eco-nuts walk around in society will raise doubt about the efficiency of our government’s ability to carry out the orders it issues! Let’s increase the police budgets, and arrest all of those annoying green folk!”
[effect] green clothing displayed in public quickly become stained with blood.
[stats] political freedoms decrease, authoritarianism increases, eco-friendliness decreases, environmental beauty decreases, happiness decreases, health decreases, ideology radicality increases, law enforcement increases, lifespan decreases, social conservatism increases, tourism decreases, toxicity increases
Last edited by Octuagesimo Octavo on Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Octuagesimo Octavo
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Octuagesimo Octavo » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:23 pm

So...is anybody going to say anything about it...?

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:03 pm

The premise goes awry of this portion of Sirocco's How to Write an Issue thread:
Is it a difficult choice? If your idea involves an imaginary power source, for example, which is cheap, clean, efficient etc. and therefore eradicates the point of choosing anything else then it's not usable. Every choice should be the wrong choice in some way or another. The issue should make the reader, after making his decision, think he should maybe have picked another one. This can be tricky, but don't worry: that's what editors are for. :wink:

There's no sensible reason to pick anything other than 'save the flower'. Especially considering flowers can be moved.
Last edited by Luna Amore on Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Octuagesimo Octavo
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Octuagesimo Octavo » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:07 pm

*Cataclysmic Facepalm*

Okay, shut 'er down. I never thought that it would go down that quickly.

Return to Got Issues?