NATION

PASSWORD

Timeline issues

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Free-Beings
Envoy

Founded: Oct 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Timeline issues

Postby Free-Beings » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:48 am

I believe issues for your designated time period, ( which you would pick during your nations creation) would be a good Idea.
I know quite a few nations RP as FT,PMT and PT, yet they really don't have to many issues that are designed for them. EG, an issue about gun control really doesn't suit a nations RPing has a medieval tech nation.

While it might ake a while to implement I think it would be a good idea.
(Correlation =/= Causation)=/= no Causation.

The Bicycle
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Bicycle » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:49 am

RP? FT? PMT? PT?

Albaron
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Albaron » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:51 am

I think that this would be a good idea. I'm often at loss to which I should role play as generally.
The Holy Empire of Albaron
AUGUSTAVUS XIII - "Pax Imperialis"
Member of the STEEL PACT

Free-Beings
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Free-Beings » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:51 am

The Bicycle wrote:RP? FT? PMT? PT?

Role Play, Future tech, Post modern Tech, Past tech.

New Olwe
Minister

Founded: Aug 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Olwe » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:54 am

Not a bad idea. I could possibly even come up with issues for PT (abolish or keep slavery, decide how to deal with bubonic plague, etc.).
Magic-using nation here! I don't RP in MT.
I seem to have forgotten to post the part where my ambassador informs New Olwe's representative that we will help. I'll do that later, I hope. - Fortareata
Start an Embassy in New Olwe!

Free-Beings
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Free-Beings » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:57 am

Aye, and some good FT ones would be to colonize this unhabiteted planet or not, Not/Allow non-military/gov't spaceships ect.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:29 am

Free-Beings wrote:Aye, and some good FT ones would be to colonize this unhabiteted planet or not, Not/Allow non-military/gov't spaceships ect.

Equal rights for bug-eyed monsters... ;)
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Spectaclia
Secretary

Founded: Oct 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Spectaclia » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:58 am

Free-Beings wrote:I believe issues for your designated time period, ( which you would pick during your nations creation) would be a good Idea.
I know quite a few nations RP as FT,PMT and PT, yet they really don't have to many issues that are designed for them. EG, an issue about gun control really doesn't suit a nations RPing has a medieval tech nation.

I totally agree. It has to make some sense.
I even suggest nations should have the option, if and when they feel and choose so, to submit their own issues.

Free-Beings
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Free-Beings » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:07 am

Spectaclia wrote:
Free-Beings wrote:I believe issues for your designated time period, ( which you would pick during your nations creation) would be a good Idea.

I even suggest nations should have the option, if and when they feel and choose so, to submit their own issues.

I believe we can, you just have to be registered for a certain amount of time, not sure how long though.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:11 am

Free-Beings wrote:
Spectaclia wrote:

I believe we can, you just have to be registered for a certain amount of time, not sure how long though.

You need to have a population of at least 500 million, which takes about 3 months to attain...
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.

Free-Beings
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Free-Beings » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:40 am

Bears Armed wrote:
Free-Beings wrote:
Spectaclia wrote:

You need to have a population of at least 500 million, which takes about 3 months to attain...

Ah, thanks.

Spectaclia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Spectaclia » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:20 am

Bears Armed wrote:You need to have a population of at least 500 million, which takes about 3 months to attain...

This is another issue.
This figure is IMHO ridiculously high.
How many actual countries are there with this high a population figure ?
Australia has only about 18 million, I think. Isn't Australia a full-fledged nation ?

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:23 am

Spectaclia wrote:
Bears Armed wrote:You need to have a population of at least 500 million, which takes about 3 months to attain...

This is another issue.
Australia has only about 18 million, I think. Isn't Australia a full-fledged nation ?

Back when Max originally created this game, and wrote the bit of code that determines the rate of population growth, he apparently didn't expect the game to last for more than a few months...

Weylara
Ambassador

Founded: May 09, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Weylara » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:11 am

Yeah, but it's based on Jennifer Government, with huge multinationals and PMT multi-billion pop. nations.
Last edited by Weylara on Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Free-Beings
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Free-Beings » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:41 am

Weylara wrote:Yeah, but it's based on Jennifer Government, with huge multinationals and PMT multi-billion pop. nations.

Yeah, and some people RP their nations in different timelines.

Hertoria
Secretary

Founded: Oct 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Hertoria » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:46 pm

Spectaclia wrote:

This is another issue.

Negative. We are 23 million. We are a full-fledged nation. We just don't have a large population. But it's booming with all the asians comeing in on their rafts and fishing boats.
I happen to be Aussie.

Spectaclia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Spectaclia » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:58 pm

Hertoria wrote:
Spectaclia wrote:

This is another issue.

Negative. We are 23 million. We are a full-fledged nation. We just don't have a large population. But it's booming with all the asians comeing in on their rafts and fishing boats.
I happen to be Aussie.

18 or 23 million, same thing here.
You get my point.
Even a country with 10 million (Belgium has 10 million) is a full-fledged nation.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:34 am

I run Bears Armed as having only 18-19 million, regardless of what the game says: apart from anything else, that's about all that would fit comfortably into my share of our region's map...

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?