NATION

PASSWORD

Issue Help

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Raarbia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Issue Help

Postby Raarbia » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:11 pm

The Issue

Recent reports revealing that the dental health of Raarbia is far below the regional average have ignited a fierce debate over whether to introduce fluoride to the nation's tap water reserves.
The Debate

1. "Fluoride has been shown time and time again to promote dental health," argues Dr. Edwin Namel, Chairman of 'Friends of The Teeth'. "It's not an experimental drug for heaven's sake, it's an accepted method of promoting national good health. A nationwide program for the fluoridation of drinking water should not be seen as optional - it's a no-brainer for any sensible government. We need to implement this now, whether the public want it or not."

This is the position your government is preparing to adopt.

2. "I am strongly against this proposal!" rages Dave Johnson, one of the more vociferous members of the Raarbia Green Society. "When I turn on the water tap I expect to get just that. Water. Nothing else. We are not lab rats and it is not the government's place to force us into taking these chemicals! In fact I reckon we should put the brakes on all these new chemicals doctors keep pumping into people and give us the right to say no!"

3. "There's no need to go to either extreme," says Naki Broadside, your personal dentist. "It's all about, um, choice. Here's a nice alternative: why not just have clean non-fluorinated drinking water and give more funds to dentists? If we had enough money, we could make all dental care absolutely free! It will be demanding on the taxpayers I know, but they'll surely be happy when they all have sparkling white teeth!"

The Government Position

The government has indicated its intention to follow the recommendations of Option 1.

Which one is the most dictatorial?

Cynthia McKinney
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 11, 2008
Ex-Nation

water fluoridation

Postby Cynthia McKinney » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:55 am

Option 1 is the only dictatorial option since you're imposing something on the public without their permission and you're poisoning their drinking water with fluoride which is a harmful poison that causes cancer.

Return to Got Issues?