NATION

PASSWORD

This bugs me. Your ideas?

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Cheeseroff
Civilian

Founded: Jul 27, 2008
Ex-Nation

This bugs me. Your ideas?

Postby Cheeseroff » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:42 pm

I got this question:
"Harry Potter Censorship Row"

The latest "Harry Potter" book to hit schools across Cheeseroff has stirred up the greatest controversy yet.

The Debate
"I quite enjoyed the book, until I got to the part where Harry summons evil demons to do his bidding," says religious leader Buy Wall. "Now that's just wrong. We need to restore some sense to this debate, by which I mean we should remove this book from the shelves, salt it thoroughly, and burn it."

Teachers union President Billy Wall says, "Come on, the book is fantasy! And it's a damn good read. I'd like the government to issue a statement of support for our teachers and librarians, so kids can enjoy good books without interference from religious wackos, like Christians."

Honestly, I dislike anyone one religion being mentioned, or a specific book series. I mean, it seems to take away from the site. We're supposed to be forming our own nationstate, having none of the connections to the current that I've noticed so far.

Yes, I know, in the book, there was the Nike corporation. However, I would have been perfectly satisfied if they just changed the religion. I'm not of any religion, but still feel that established, real religions shouldn't be used, simply because they make it that much less fun.

What are your opinions on this?

Oh, and sorry if this isn't where it belongs. Haven't been on NS in a long time. ><

Albaron
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Albaron » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:54 am

Cheeseroff wrote:I got this question:

The latest "Harry Potter" book to hit schools across Cheeseroff has stirred up the greatest controversy yet.

The Debate
"I quite enjoyed the book, until I got to the part where Harry summons evil demons to do his bidding," says religious leader Buy Wall. "Now that's just wrong. We need to restore some sense to this debate, by which I mean we should remove this book from the shelves, salt it thoroughly, and burn it."

Teachers union President Billy Wall says, "Come on, the book is fantasy! And it's a damn good read. I'd like the government to issue a statement of support for our teachers and librarians, so kids can enjoy good books without interference from religious wackos, like Christians."

Honestly, I dislike anyone one religion being mentioned, or a specific book series. I mean, it seems to take away from the site. We're supposed to be forming our own nationstate, having none of the connections to the current that I've noticed so far.

Yes, I know, in the book, there was the Nike corporation. However, I would have been perfectly satisfied if they just changed the religion. I'm not of any religion, but still feel that established, real religions shouldn't be used, simply because they make it that much less fun.

Oh, and sorry if this isn't where it belongs. Haven't been on NS in a long time. ><

I know. I'm Christian, and I picked the first option just because of what selection 2 guy said. I don't like Harry Potter personally, but it should not ebe banned. It is in my nation because I didn't like what the other guy was saying.
The Holy Empire of Albaron
AUGUSTAVUS XIII - "Pax Imperialis"
Member of the STEEL PACT

Cynthia McKinney
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 11, 2008
Ex-Nation

Harry Potter

Postby Cynthia McKinney » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:38 am

You religious people need to stop whining and acting so insecure.

Conservative Alliances
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Conservative Alliances » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:20 pm

I could say the same about atheists.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
I am the Ghost of Sparta
Member of the Ebul NSG Right-Wing Establishment
Economic Left/Right: 9.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.92
Spectrum
Foriegn Affairs
Cultural
Political Spectrum Quiz
Essentially a mix of the American Dream and 1950s culture with futuristic technology.
Rhodmhire wrote:I love you.
Liuzzo wrote:Conversely Conservative Alliances, Vetalia, and others make terrific arguments that people may not agree with but you can discuss.
Glorious Homeland wrote:Although some individuals provided counter-points which tended to put to bed a few of my previous statements (conservative alliances, zoingo)

Cynthia McKinney
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 11, 2008
Ex-Nation

atheists

Postby Cynthia McKinney » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:33 am

Atheists aren't being insecure.

New Olwe
Minister

Founded: Aug 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Olwe » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:38 am

99% of people in the modern world today, whether they're Christian, atheist or Bene Gesserit, are a bunch of freakin' pussies. I mean, come on. Have you tried not being offended?
Magic-using nation here! I don't RP in MT.
I seem to have forgotten to post the part where my ambassador informs New Olwe's representative that we will help. I'll do that later, I hope. - Fortareata
Start an Embassy in New Olwe!

LOL ANARCHY NUBZ
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby LOL ANARCHY NUBZ » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:39 am

Cynthia McKinney wrote:Atheists aren't being insecure.

Are too! :roll:

Obama Jugen III
Envoy

Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Obama Jugen III » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:39 am

Cheeseroff wrote:I got this question:

The Debate

There is a reason why you have the option to dismiss the issue. Government is not a solution to every problem. Some issues resolve themselves better if you just let people cool off after getting angry about the "issue" and don't have any government involvement.
Lest anyone forget that criticism of the child-Emperor is RACISM!
If Martin Luther King were alive today, he'd be a staunch Republican.
Washington, DC: the Loan Star State ("loan" spelling intentional).

LOL ANARCHY NUBZ
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby LOL ANARCHY NUBZ » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:03 am

New Olwe wrote:99% of people in the modern world today, whether they're Christian, atheist or Bene Gesserit, are a bunch of freakin' pussies. I mean, come on. Have you tried not being offended?

Being offended isn;t the problem, complaining about it is.

New Ziedrich
Minister

Founded: Jan 24, 2006
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby New Ziedrich » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:52 pm

Since this is one of the original 30 issues, I highly doubt it'll be edited, ever.
Science makes everything better!
“Humanity has the stars in its future, and that future is too important to be lost under the burden of juvenile folly and ignorant superstition.”
"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?