NATION

PASSWORD

Guide to Easter Egg issues (SPOILERS)

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
United States of Minecraftia
Envoy

Founded: Nov 05, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Guide to Easter Egg issues (SPOILERS)

Postby United States of Minecraftia » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:43 pm

(Below is a thread originally posted by Swesoc detailing how to get Easter egg issues. Seeing how the thread is now abandoned, and the thread starter listed as CTE's, I decided to restart the thread, quoting the original post. Suggestions/Tips welcome!)

Swesoc wrote:I was reading through this thread (an interesting read!) and thought we should once and for all figure out what the requirements for all the easter eggs are.

As I understand, these are the easter egg issues:

#077: World to End, or Possibly Just Mark Anniversary
NSWiki implies that you get this once you've found a certain number of easter eggs: "Note: This issue also included the message: (Congratulations on finding so many easter eggs. As a reward, here is the special issue our players got when NationStates turned one year old.) if it was received after the 1 year anniversary."

- The amount of easter eggs you need to find is 3 (possibly less). - Dreudel

#078: Easter Egg: Should We Pull The Lever?
Have "Holy" in your pretitle. - Flibbleites. Possibly also have 1 or 1.25 billion population (Did anyone get the issue without having a 1 billion population, or without having 1.25 billion?).

#080: Easter Egg: Aliens Wish Peace/Trade Agreement
"produce a whole heck of a lot of pizza" - Omigodtheykilledkenny (you only need to have "Pizza Delivery" as your major industry? How do you get that?). There's also some speculation about it here.

#215: Easter Egg: What's Your Favourite Colour?
Have a color in your pretitle (for which you need 500 million population). - Ballotonia

#223: Easter Egg: Zombie Attack!
Re-activate account ("come back from the dead"). - Omigodtheykilledkenny

There's also another theory that seems less likely (since most people who got this one never had anything special in their pretitles and only re-activated) but I'll keep it here anyway: It's possible that it's enough to only have "Zombie" in your pretitle, without having to re-activate. - Shinkadomayaka

#256: Easter Egg: Suburbs Are Out Of This World
Possibly high crime rate (crippling?). - Zwangzug
Possibly also a space program. - New Ziedrich

#266: Breaching the Great Fourth Wall of @@NAME@@
NOTE: this one is not marked as an easter egg but it'll say you've found an easter egg once you answer it. - Dreudel
Put "NationStates" in your nation's motto. - Orientis Noverai

(Update from Minecraftia) #375: Easter Egg: Keep Your Hands Off Those Lucky Charms!
Though a definite source has yet to be determined, it's believed to be related to something in the custom fields that's "Irish-related" - Mithli
May be date-oriented.

(More Minecraftian updates) #622: Easter Egg: A Holiday Masquerade
Validity is based on your national animal. Any animal that includes "monster", "bat", "vampire", "zombie", or "ghost" should all trigger the easter egg.

Green = Known
Yellow = Vague
Red = Unknown

Capital city, Leader and Religion issues
Almajoya wrote:Custom title = when your population reaches 500 million.

Custom leader = when your pop. hits 750 million and you luck into getting the related issue.

Custom city= pop is 250 million and you get the issue.

Custom religion = pop is 1bil and you get the issue.

How this works is those issues are added to the issue pool once you reach the required population, so when you get them is random but you won't get them until you meet the population requirement. Your title can be changed in settings as soon as you reach 500 million (you don't have to answer an issue for that one).

That's all I could find. If anyone knows anything, please add it.
Last edited by United States of Minecraftia on Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Hamste
Minister

Founded: Sep 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Hamste » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:24 am

Note it is no longer luck that you get the name issues (president, city and religous), as soon as you fit the description for them you get them.
Can you imagine a world without hypothetical situtations?

Logic is like thumbs, it is not necessary but it sure is helpful.

Archadios
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 06, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Archadios » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:04 am

Hamste wrote:Note it is no longer luck that you get the name issues (president, city and religous), as soon as you fit the description for them you get them.

Would it be luck if I passed the pop reqs. literally years ago, and only recently reactivated? (Oh, I believe I got the religion one, though since I selected atheism then I suppose that means I don't get the choice!)

Hamste
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hamste » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:07 am

Archadios wrote:
Hamste wrote:Note it is no longer luck that you get the name issues (president, city and religous), as soon as you fit the description for them you get them.

Would it be luck if I passed the pop reqs. literally years ago, and only recently reactivated? (Oh, I believe I got the religion one, though since I selected atheism then I suppose that means I don't get the choice!)

If you selected an option that doesn't coincide with choosing a religion it will appear again at random (same with the other ones). No idea if reactivated I just remebered Violet posting about the the as soon as you fit the description thing.

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:13 am

Archadios wrote:

If you passed the population markers before the issues came out, picked an option at doesn't unlock, or already had five unanswered issues when you passed the pop mark, then, yes, it will come up at random like any other issue.

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:37 am

United States of Minecraftia wrote:
Swesoc wrote:#215: Easter Egg: What's Your Favourite Colour?
Have a color in your pretitle (for which you need 500 million population). - Ballotonia

I can confirm what Ballotonia said there. I changed my nation title to "The Blue Easter Egg" (it was supposed to be The Blue Easter Egg Hunter but I ran out of space) of Ainin two weeks ago and got the issue twenty minutes ago. Yay!
Note to self: Change pretitle to "Holy" tomorrow.
Last edited by Ainin on Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Republic of Nakong | 內江共和國 | IIwiki · Map · Kylaris
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

Lost heros
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lost heros » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:47 pm

I just got the pull the lever issue, but my population is 1.258 billion.
Last edited by Lost Heros on Sun Mar 6, 2016 12:00, edited 173 times in total.

You can send me a TG. I won't mind.

"The first man to compare the cheeks of a young woman to a rose was obviously a poet; the first to repeat it was possibly an idiot." - Salvador Dali

Deadia
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Zombie Easter Egg Issue?

Postby Deadia » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:40 pm

I read somewhere about an Easter egg issue where zombies are in your nation. Since the whole theme of my nation is zombies(See: DEADia), I really want to get that.

I've tried putting "Zombie" in my pre-title, and I've also tried letting my nation CTE so it could come back, but I still haven't gotten it. Is there anything I'm supposed to do?

I'll be glad if I get some helpful feedback, and thanks in advance.

Lost heros
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lost heros » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:38 pm

Deadia wrote:I read somewhere about an Easter egg issue where zombies are in your nation. Since the whole theme of my nation is zombies(See: DEADia), I really want to get that.

I've tried putting "Zombie" in my pre-title, and I've also tried letting my nation CTE so it could come back, but I still haven't gotten it. Is there anything I'm supposed to do?

I'll be glad if I get some helpful feedback, and thanks in advance.

I be,I've your nation has to cease existing from little activity.
Last edited by Lost Heros on Sun Mar 6, 2016 12:00, edited 173 times in total.

You can send me a TG. I won't mind.

"The first man to compare the cheeks of a young woman to a rose was obviously a poet; the first to repeat it was possibly an idiot." - Salvador Dali

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:09 am

Deadia wrote:I'll be glad if I get some helpful feedback, and thanks in advance.

Getting specific issues isn't instantaneous (except on a very few of the Population driven issues). You just made the changes today. It might take several months for the issue cycle to come around again and give you the issue. Or it might happen tomorrow. I'm fairly certain there are random numbers involved.

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:58 pm

Just wanted to let you guys know that the Should We Pull the Lever Easter egg trick really works. I changed my nation type to The Holy Easter Egg Hunter of Ainin and got it.
Population at the time: 3.359 billion
Republic of Nakong | 內江共和國 | IIwiki · Map · Kylaris
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

Hamste
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hamste » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:01 pm

Ainin wrote:Just wanted to let you guys know that the Should We Pull the Lever Easter egg trick really works. I changed my nation type to The Holy Easter Egg Hunter of Ainin and got it.
Population at the time: 3.359 billion

Same thing for me (Holy Atheist Empire of Hamste)

Ceasario
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceasario » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:56 pm

Got the space suburbs and didn't even know it was an Easter Egg and passed it up. What a shame.

Super Stickman
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Super Stickman » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:11 pm

This will be very useful!

United Republic of Tom
Attaché

Founded: Mar 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby United Republic of Tom » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:36 pm

Does my pretitle have to just be the word "Holy" to get the Lever Issue, or can I just have the word Holy in there?
"A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward. " -Franklin D. Roosevelt
The world around you is not what it seems. There is a world around you that is not flesh. This is the world of the machine.
7.54 billion people dead, just like that. *snap* -Death

Shadow21:I see, so you’re daddy and you’re out to save your little girl from the psycho dyke then eh?
OmegaMan23:Something like that.

Hamste
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hamste » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:59 pm

United Republic of Tom wrote:Does my pretitle have to just be the word "Holy" to get the Lever Issue, or can I just have the word Holy in there?

It can be anywhere in the title, I used "The Holy Atheist Empire" and still got the issue

United Republic of Tom
Attaché

Founded: Mar 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby United Republic of Tom » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:05 pm

Hamste wrote:
United Republic of Tom wrote:Does my pretitle have to just be the word "Holy" to get the Lever Issue, or can I just have the word Holy in there?

It can be anywhere in the title, I used "The Holy Atheist Empire" and still got the issue

Ok. Do I have to wait for it to randomly appear like any other issue?
"A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward. " -Franklin D. Roosevelt
The world around you is not what it seems. There is a world around you that is not flesh. This is the world of the machine.
7.54 billion people dead, just like that. *snap* -Death

Shadow21:I see, so you’re daddy and you’re out to save your little girl from the psycho dyke then eh?
OmegaMan23:Something like that.

Jamie Anumia
Senator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jamie Anumia » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:33 pm

United Republic of Tom wrote:
Hamste wrote:It can be anywhere in the title, I used "The Holy Atheist Empire" and still got the issue

Ok. Do I have to wait for it to randomly appear like any other issue?

Yes. The only issues you get automatically are the custom fields issues which you receive when reaching the population requirement, I believe.

Suicune
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 18, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Suicune » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:22 pm

I've only got #078 and #215, can't seem to get any of the others, I do want at least 4.., any tips?
Blank canvas

Fox Trot
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fox Trot » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:39 pm

Suicune wrote:I've only got #078 and #215, can't seem to get any of the others, I do want at least 4.., any tips?

I've gotten the Zombie issue #223 in a few nations that were resurrected. But, I've also had tons of resurrected nations that didn't get it. :p

Ragnarok Arisen
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ragnarok Arisen » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:35 pm

You can expect to receive issue #266 "Breaching the Great Fourth Wall of @@NATION@@" When your nation's economy reaches 100/100. I have only managed to get my economy that high on this nation, but as soon as I did this was the first issue I received.

Suicune
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 18, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Suicune » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:32 pm

Ragnarok Arisen wrote:You can expect to receive issue #266 "Breaching the Great Fourth Wall of @@NATION@@" When your nation's economy reaches 100/100. I have only managed to get my economy that high on this nation, but as soon as I did this was the first issue I received.

I've had 100 economy on a puppet, for a while now, never got that issue.
Blank canvas

Hesse
Envoy

Founded: Oct 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hesse » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:29 pm

Suicune wrote:
Ragnarok Arisen wrote:You can expect to receive issue #266 "Breaching the Great Fourth Wall of @@NATION@@" When your nation's economy reaches 100/100. I have only managed to get my economy that high on this nation, but as soon as I did this was the first issue I received.

I've had 100 economy on a puppet, for a while now, never got that issue.

I've gotten that issue just a few days ago, yet I've been at 100/100 for a few months now.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?