NATION

PASSWORD

Help with an issue

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Conservative Alliances
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Help with an issue

Postby Conservative Alliances » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:30 am

Conservative Alliances Decides:
Water Supply Problems Becoming A Major Drain

The Issue
Due to the explosive population growth in Conservative Alliances, coupled with recent droughts, people are beginning to worry about the nation's decreasing water supply, and who should get first dibs on the vital H20.

The Debate
"We need this water to raise our crops," says incensed farmer Hack McGuffin. "If it wasn't for us farmers, the rest of Conservative Alliances would be starving. How about laying the blame where it belongs, and look to those cookie cutter suburban houses with their green lawns and pristinely washed mini-vans!"

"It is my right to have the most beautiful lawn in the neighborhood," says neighborhood spokesman Anne-Marie Hamilton. "Our community spends a lot of effort cultivating a nice environment for our kids to grow up in. Why, if they didn't have these nice lawns to play in, they would be hanging out on street corners peddling drugs, or worse! Won't someone please think of the children?"

"Here is a novel idea," proclaims Lars Clinton, spokesperson for radical environmental group Leave Nature Alone. "How about getting rid of all these dams and irrigation projects that are getting in the way of Mother Nature's plans for the water. It is time to allow the rivers to take their natural courses and leave the environment alone. I'm sure things will work out fine if we let Nature take its course."

"Obviously, who gets how much water is only a part of the problem," notes famed population-control advocate Konrad Clinton. "We must try to curtail the rapid growth of our population, whether by limiting the amount of children people may have, or by deporting immigrants and criminals... we must get a handle on our population before we can hope to correct this water supply problem."

I am not really sure what to answer for this. I am trying to raise civil rights, lower crime, lower taxes and governement size, increase business, and I am ambivalent about the environment. What option would be the best for me? I am split between option 1 and 2.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
I am the Ghost of Sparta
Member of the Ebul NSG Right-Wing Establishment
Economic Left/Right: 9.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.92
Spectrum
Foriegn Affairs
Cultural
Political Spectrum Quiz
Essentially a mix of the American Dream and 1950s culture with futuristic technology.
Rhodmhire wrote:I love you.
Liuzzo wrote:Conversely Conservative Alliances, Vetalia, and others make terrific arguments that people may not agree with but you can discuss.
Glorious Homeland wrote:Although some individuals provided counter-points which tended to put to bed a few of my previous statements (conservative alliances, zoingo)

La Habana
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby La Habana » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:35 am

Since you are right wing, choose the last one.
The Original CyberPunk Dystopia of NationStates.
Proteus of F7, God of Foresight and Transformation.
LA HABANA FACTBOOK
Council Member of The Vladivostok Alliance.
New Sociopia wrote:Really camp Jesus flailing his wrists wildly and saying 'Like, ohmygod! Get out of the temple bitches! You aren't nearly fabulous enough!'
La Habana wrote:
Kalasparata wrote:I own most of Antarctica!

Like hell you do.

Pannonia-Glucksberg
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Pannonia-Glucksberg » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:36 am

If you increse your government you can name your capital after a while in an issue
Long Live Queen and Grand Baroness Kittania I
Queen of Pannonia,Grand Baroness of Glucksberg and Empress of Swanderfeld
Queen of Pannonia,
Grand Baroness of Glucksberg,
Empress of Swanderfeld,
Grand High Chieftainess of the Many Clans,
Lady of the Inner Lands,
Altgravess of the Russar Mountains
Ruairess of Clonmiders,
Honourary Grand Duchess of Gothenburg,
Lord Brigadier of the 100 Heavy Brigades,

Conservative Alliances
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Conservative Alliances » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:35 pm

I already named my capital. What would the specific effects of each choice be?
I am the Ghost of Sparta
Spectrum
Foriegn Affairs
Cultural
Political Spectrum Quiz
Essentially a mix of the American Dream and 1950s culture with futuristic technology.
Liuzzo wrote:Conversely Conservative Alliances, Vetalia, and others make terrific arguments that people may not agree with but you can discuss.
Glorious Homeland wrote:Although some individuals provided counter-points which tended to put to bed a few of my previous statements (conservative alliances, zoingo)

Cynthia McKinney
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 11, 2008
Ex-Nation

Water supply

Postby Cynthia McKinney » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:08 pm

Choose to dismiss the issue.

Option 1 and 3 hurt your economy.

Option 2 would probably hurt the economy.

Option 4 would obviously hurt your civil rights.

Conservative Alliances
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Conservative Alliances » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:20 pm

Thanks, that is what I did.
I am the Ghost of Sparta
Spectrum
Foriegn Affairs
Cultural
Political Spectrum Quiz

Return to Got Issues?