NATION

PASSWORD

Typo

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Hiperborejai
Civilian

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Typo

Postby Hiperborejai » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:20 pm

In issue "What's In A Name?" One of the choices is
"People do so love to be different," says Insert Name Here, with a heavy sigh. "I don't know why my folks were thinking when they named me. Probably about how 'novel' and 'with it' they were being, but I didn't get a say in it did I? Growing up in my neighbourhood with the first name 'Insert' wasn't fun at all I can tell you! The government should set up a registry of recognised names that are clean, sensible, and non-teasable. Kids deserve better."
It should be "<...>I don't know what my folks were thinking<...>
and <...>set up a registry of recognized names<...>

Spartzerina
Envoy

Founded: May 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Spartzerina » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:39 pm

Hiperborejai wrote:In issue "What's In A Name?" One of the choices is
"People do so love to be different," says Insert Name Here, with a heavy sigh. "I don't know why my folks were thinking when they named me. Probably about how 'novel' and 'with it' they were being, but I didn't get a say in it did I? Growing up in my neighbourhood with the first name 'Insert' wasn't fun at all I can tell you! The government should set up a registry of recognised names that are clean, sensible, and non-teasable. Kids deserve better."
It should be "<...>I don't know what my folks were thinking<...>
and <...>set up a registry of recognized names<...>

The first one is a typo, but the second one is correct. The site uses British spelling, and since recognised is the British spelling of recognized, it shouldn't be a typo.
The Council of Narnia - Our Forums
CoN Vice Chancellor
FRA Vice Chancellor
A male of the species Homo sapiens

Return to Got Issues?