NATION

PASSWORD

The Writers' Block

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Sacara
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1851
Founded: May 13, 2014
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Sacara » Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:04 pm

Chan Island wrote:Do we have any issues on how left wing movements tend to invent new symbols, songs, flags etc to represent their nation? I wrote Sing Heil, on how extreme right movements co-opt pre-existing national symbols (in that case the national anthem) for their purposes, a while ago and don't want to just have a pure mirror issue without some bit of workshopping.
Feel free to start using Sacara's Issues Hub for inquiries such as this. /plug

I do not believe we have an issue with a premise such as you are describing. Since I had to go through and actually read all of the issues to add keywords to them (except for a couple hundred, thanks Jutsa for the help), I've gained a pretty good understanding of what is and isn't covered in the issue database already. :p
The Spacefaring Federation of Sacara
I spend most of my time in the Got Issues? sub-forum.
Issues That I've Authored (15)
Commended by SC #382
"Our Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you" - Neil deGrasse Tyson

User avatar
Steelfeather Rapture 1
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 57
Founded: Aug 18, 2021
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Steelfeather Rapture 1 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:58 pm

I had an idea for something that I don't know enough about alcohol to write, but I wanted to toss it out here in case it inspires someone else.

What about... moderate alcohol inclusivity? The stereotypes against drunks are pretty strong. What if a nation had one of its leading politicians caught in controversy over an amount of drinking that is reasonably moderate? And the guy protested, "Hey! Have you ever seen me drunk at a function? I'll have you know I've never binge drank in my life."

Would we learn something about the different nations in the game if we asked players whether they'll take the side of a moderate drinker when they're hit by a scandal?
Please telegram me if you want me to be active in a thread... I'm shy, and the telegrams scare me less than the forum itself.

User avatar
Sanctaria
Issues Editor
 
Posts: 7755
Founded: Sep 12, 2008
New York Times Democracy

Postby Sanctaria » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:59 am

Steelfeather Rapture 1 wrote: What if a nation had one of its leading politicians caught in controversy over an amount of drinking that is reasonably moderate?

What's controversial about drinking alcohol in a moderate way?
Divine Federation of Sanctaria

Ideological Bulwark #258

Dr. Bethany Greer ORD, Sanctarian Ambassador to the World Assembly
Author of:
GA#109 GA#133 GA#176 GA#201 GA#222 GA#297
GA#590 (Co)
Frisbeeteria wrote:Do people not realize that moderators can tell when someone is wanking?

Luna Amore wrote:Sanc is always watching. Ever vigilant.

Auralia wrote:Your condescending attitude is remarkably annoying.

User avatar
Chan Island
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6455
Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chan Island » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:37 am

Sacara wrote:
Chan Island wrote:Do we have any issues on how left wing movements tend to invent new symbols, songs, flags etc to represent their nation? I wrote Sing Heil, on how extreme right movements co-opt pre-existing national symbols (in that case the national anthem) for their purposes, a while ago and don't want to just have a pure mirror issue without some bit of workshopping.
Feel free to start using Sacara's Issues Hub for inquiries such as this. /plug

I do not believe we have an issue with a premise such as you are describing. Since I had to go through and actually read all of the issues to add keywords to them (except for a couple hundred, thanks Jutsa for the help), I've gained a pretty good understanding of what is and isn't covered in the issue database already. :p

Very noice, good that some gaps still exist- more room for creativity!

But on a different note, how could I make such an issue substantively different to Sing Heil?
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=513597&p=39401766#p39401766
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

User avatar
Window Land
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 395
Founded: Nov 02, 2016
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Window Land » Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:49 am

Chan Island wrote:
Sacara wrote:Feel free to start using Sacara's Issues Hub for inquiries such as this. /plug

I do not believe we have an issue with a premise such as you are describing. Since I had to go through and actually read all of the issues to add keywords to them (except for a couple hundred, thanks Jutsa for the help), I've gained a pretty good understanding of what is and isn't covered in the issue database already. :p

Very noice, good that some gaps still exist- more room for creativity!

But on a different note, how could I make such an issue substantively different to Sing Heil?

You could do something based on groups parodying the flag to make a point- similar to the thin blue line flag or the rainbow US flag.
Bored college student who is probably supposed to be doing something important.
Woodie Flowers wrote:If you’re anti-science, you’re pro-stupid.

Evelyn Beatrice Hall wrote:I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Winston Churchill wrote:Democracy is the worst form of government – except for all the others that have been tried.

Randall Munroe wrote: I can't remember where I heard this, but someone once said that defending a position by citing free speech is sort of the ultimate concession; you're saying that the most compelling thing you can say for your position is that it's not literally illegal to express.
Free Speech

User avatar
Jutsa
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5447
Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Jutsa » Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:58 pm

Would it work to have an issue, maybe as a followup to compulsory voting (although it could be interesting more generally), about voters not knowing who the heck they're voting for or what on earth they're doing and thus unfairly reduce the power of deliberate votes from those who, if not knowledgeable, at least care about politics?

Thinking options like "mandatory education", "arousing patriotism" [maybe through propaganda], and maybe a "lets just not have mandatory voting" (if this is a tracked policy). Alternatively, for a route not specific to compulsory-voting nations, a more general "honestly this is a good thing" option although I'dn't know how to make it not-so-passive; even prohibit excessive knowledge of what's going on [corruption in this case].

Could be somewhat tied with ignorance or voter apathy, although I kinda feel like this could just be a general issue or specifically an issue for nations with compulsory voting. Any thoughts on the idea?
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options | >Sacara's Issue Database |
>Trotterdam's Policy Tracker with a secret | >Hidden Bonus Threads Directory | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >NS Newcomers' Guide by Amerion | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >TNP Card Query | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

User avatar
Celebrur
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 5
Founded: Jul 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Celebrur » Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:05 am

Has anybody made an issue about banning crypto currency? If nobody has written one somebody should.

User avatar
Trotterdam
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9772
Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:00 am

Jutsa wrote:Would it work to have an issue, maybe as a followup to compulsory voting (although it could be interesting more generally), about voters not knowing who the heck they're voting for or what on earth they're doing and thus unfairly reduce the power of deliberate votes from those who, if not knowledgeable, at least care about politics?

Thinking options like "mandatory education", "arousing patriotism" [maybe through propaganda], and maybe a "lets just not have mandatory voting" (if this is a tracked policy). Alternatively, for a route not specific to compulsory-voting nations, a more general "honestly this is a good thing" option although I'dn't know how to make it not-so-passive; even prohibit excessive knowledge of what's going on [corruption in this case].

Could be somewhat tied with ignorance or voter apathy, although I kinda feel like this could just be a general issue or specifically an issue for nations with compulsory voting. Any thoughts on the idea?
I don't know how real nations with mandatory voting (Australia, I think it was?) do it, but I'd think that you'd at least let candidates/parties write a basic mission statement on the ballot so you have some idea of what you're voting for beyond just their names. Space limitations mean it still won't make you as informed as someone who spent a significant amount of time studying each party's policies, but it's better than nothing.

User avatar
Jutsa
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5447
Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Jutsa » Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:03 pm

Trotterdam wrote:*Snip*


Actually, that's such a sensible idea that it seems silly even making an issue with that as an option. Alrighty, you've saved me some writing time :)

(Though if anyone else still thinks it'd be an interesting idea go for it)
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options | >Sacara's Issue Database |
>Trotterdam's Policy Tracker with a secret | >Hidden Bonus Threads Directory | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >NS Newcomers' Guide by Amerion | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >TNP Card Query | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

User avatar
Western Nym
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: Oct 23, 2021
Ex-Nation

IDEA for issue: driving wood stakes as tradition

Postby Western Nym » Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:50 am

The issue could be as follows:
No tradition of staking?

The issue:
The annual driving of wooden stakes into the ground has long been a tradition in their country, but fewer and fewer young citizens can motivate themselves to participate.

1. "We used to do it every year," says @@RANDOMMALENAME@@, an older man from the suburbs, "we really need to keep this tradition alive."
-> There are now more stakes than steakes.

2. "We need to continue with it. Just think of the industry. Without the annual stomping, our sales collapse too much," says @@RANDOMNAME@@, a timber industry representative and wearer of an "A tree a day keeps the doctor away" shirt
-> The trees are now in charge.

3. "We can continue to rely on voluntarism," says @@RANDOMNAME@@, hippie from the beginning, "maybe the trend will come back and if not, I don't care."
-> Interest rates are falling more than the trees are growing back.

4. "We have to stop ramming," says @@RANDOMNAME@@, pure esoteric, "ramming wood into the ground is bad for the karma of the whole country."
-> Their country is now one holiday poorer.

User avatar
Outer Sparta
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13907
Founded: Dec 26, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Outer Sparta » Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:34 am

Western Nym wrote:The issue could be as follows:
No tradition of staking?

The issue:
The annual driving of wooden stakes into the ground has long been a tradition in their country, but fewer and fewer young citizens can motivate themselves to participate.

1. "We used to do it every year," says @@RANDOMMALENAME@@, an older man from the suburbs, "we really need to keep this tradition alive."
-> There are now more stakes than steakes.

2. "We need to continue with it. Just think of the industry. Without the annual stomping, our sales collapse too much," says @@RANDOMNAME@@, a timber industry representative and wearer of an "A tree a day keeps the doctor away" shirt
-> The trees are now in charge.

3. "We can continue to rely on voluntarism," says @@RANDOMNAME@@, hippie from the beginning, "maybe the trend will come back and if not, I don't care."
-> Interest rates are falling more than the trees are growing back.

4. "We have to stop ramming," says @@RANDOMNAME@@, pure esoteric, "ramming wood into the ground is bad for the karma of the whole country."
-> Their country is now one holiday poorer.

What's the significance of this other than "tradition?"
I don't stand with Ukraine. I don't stand with Russia. I don't stand with the US, NATO, or EU. I stand with the innocent civilians being caught in the crossfire while the politicians, the media, and weapons manufacturers continue to stoke division and conflict in their geopolitical chess games and treat the people of Ukraine as mere pawns. Zelensky is a corrupt, opportunist oligarchic politician who is not fit to lead Ukraine through anything and wants to inflate his own ego and offshore accounts.

User avatar
Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 20818
Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:03 pm

Outer Sparta wrote:
Western Nym wrote:The issue could be as follows:
No tradition of staking?

The issue:
The annual driving of wooden stakes into the ground has long been a tradition in their country, but fewer and fewer young citizens can motivate themselves to participate.

1. "We used to do it every year," says @@RANDOMMALENAME@@, an older man from the suburbs, "we really need to keep this tradition alive."
-> There are now more stakes than steakes.

2. "We need to continue with it. Just think of the industry. Without the annual stomping, our sales collapse too much," says @@RANDOMNAME@@, a timber industry representative and wearer of an "A tree a day keeps the doctor away" shirt
-> The trees are now in charge.

3. "We can continue to rely on voluntarism," says @@RANDOMNAME@@, hippie from the beginning, "maybe the trend will come back and if not, I don't care."
-> Interest rates are falling more than the trees are growing back.

4. "We have to stop ramming," says @@RANDOMNAME@@, pure esoteric, "ramming wood into the ground is bad for the karma of the whole country."
-> Their country is now one holiday poorer.

What's the significance of this other than "tradition?"

It keeps the vampires down?
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

User avatar
Rick Perry
Diplomat
 
Posts: 817
Founded: Sep 24, 2021
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Rick Perry » Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:10 pm

I was thinking of doing a Auto racing one. But I am not sure how to write it.
I need a co-writer if that's how it works
Last edited by Rick Perry on Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I do not support the the idea of people opposed of guns, guns do not kill people, people kill people.
I don't support Ukraine, I don't support the US, US, or EU, I support incident lives ending in cross fire while politicians find it amusing to talk about.
I do not support BLM I do not support abortion I do not support climate change. If you have a problem with this then telegram me, I'll give you a pony then I'll push off a building.

User avatar
Lord Dominator
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8262
Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Lord Dominator » Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:14 pm

Trotterdam wrote:
Jutsa wrote:Would it work to have an issue, maybe as a followup to compulsory voting (although it could be interesting more generally), about voters not knowing who the heck they're voting for or what on earth they're doing and thus unfairly reduce the power of deliberate votes from those who, if not knowledgeable, at least care about politics?

Thinking options like "mandatory education", "arousing patriotism" [maybe through propaganda], and maybe a "lets just not have mandatory voting" (if this is a tracked policy). Alternatively, for a route not specific to compulsory-voting nations, a more general "honestly this is a good thing" option although I'dn't know how to make it not-so-passive; even prohibit excessive knowledge of what's going on [corruption in this case].

Could be somewhat tied with ignorance or voter apathy, although I kinda feel like this could just be a general issue or specifically an issue for nations with compulsory voting. Any thoughts on the idea?
I don't know how real nations with mandatory voting (Australia, I think it was?) do it, but I'd think that you'd at least let candidates/parties write a basic mission statement on the ballot so you have some idea of what you're voting for beyond just their names. Space limitations mean it still won't make you as informed as someone who spent a significant amount of time studying each party's policies, but it's better than nothing.

Many of the (democratic) countries that mandate voting do so in a manner that’s better called compulsory turnout - they don’t care if you spoil your ballot, or depending on the place just show up to get ‘counted’ and then leave right after, so long as you were there.

User avatar
Outer Sparta
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13907
Founded: Dec 26, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Outer Sparta » Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:55 am

Another potential issue idea one may do is about the environmental impacts of cryptocurrency mining. Crypto-mining uses a lot of resources, and this definitely can be a good issue to also cover the environment.
I don't stand with Ukraine. I don't stand with Russia. I don't stand with the US, NATO, or EU. I stand with the innocent civilians being caught in the crossfire while the politicians, the media, and weapons manufacturers continue to stoke division and conflict in their geopolitical chess games and treat the people of Ukraine as mere pawns. Zelensky is a corrupt, opportunist oligarchic politician who is not fit to lead Ukraine through anything and wants to inflate his own ego and offshore accounts.

User avatar
Jutsa
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5447
Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Jutsa » Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:23 pm

Hey, so I'm sure this has been asked before (maybe even many times), but is there any reason why autocracies on nationstates can't have devolution? Or is it more of a practical issue (i.e. no issues for both simultaneously)?
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options | >Sacara's Issue Database |
>Trotterdam's Policy Tracker with a secret | >Hidden Bonus Threads Directory | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >NS Newcomers' Guide by Amerion | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >TNP Card Query | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

User avatar
Yaak
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 489
Founded: Sep 19, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Yaak » Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:09 pm

Writing (or speech) plagiarism.
Taiwan is a country, Tiananmen Square Protests happened, and free Tibet.

Ukraine is not Russia, and it will never be.

Russia and China cutting Ukraine and Taiwan like a cake.

User avatar
Outer Sparta
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13907
Founded: Dec 26, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Outer Sparta » Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:37 pm

Yaak wrote:Writing (or speech) plagiarism.

Covered in #846.
I don't stand with Ukraine. I don't stand with Russia. I don't stand with the US, NATO, or EU. I stand with the innocent civilians being caught in the crossfire while the politicians, the media, and weapons manufacturers continue to stoke division and conflict in their geopolitical chess games and treat the people of Ukraine as mere pawns. Zelensky is a corrupt, opportunist oligarchic politician who is not fit to lead Ukraine through anything and wants to inflate his own ego and offshore accounts.

User avatar
Yaak
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 489
Founded: Sep 19, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Yaak » Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:47 pm

Outer Sparta wrote:
Yaak wrote:Writing (or speech) plagiarism.

Covered in #846.


Riots from opposed minorities?
Taiwan is a country, Tiananmen Square Protests happened, and free Tibet.

Ukraine is not Russia, and it will never be.

Russia and China cutting Ukraine and Taiwan like a cake.

User avatar
Dominioan
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1126
Founded: Dec 10, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Dominioan » Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:15 pm

I was thinking of maybe one on native/tribal peoples wanting government help to fund revival efforts for their traditional language. Are there any issues like that, and is it too much to assume that the player nation has a minority “aboriginal” group?
Help i'm addicted to pain so I keep coming back to this site
Direct rule from Oklahoma City
Cool person

I've read 1984, so I can confirm this is in fact 1984

BOOMER SOONER
CHOP ON

User avatar
SherpDaWerp
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1371
Founded: Mar 02, 2016
Libertarian Police State

Postby SherpDaWerp » Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:12 pm

Yaak wrote:
Outer Sparta wrote:Covered in #846.

Riots from opposed minorities?

#29, #55, #458, #701, etc. etc. Sacara's Issues Hub and Ctrl+F in the spoiler thread are your friends.

Dominioan wrote:I was thinking of maybe one on native/tribal peoples wanting government help to fund revival efforts for their traditional language. Are there any issues like that, and is it too much to assume that the player nation has a minority “aboriginal” group?

#71, ish, but you might be able to write around it. Several existing issues assume there's a minority group of "indigenous"/"aboriginal" tribes, including #1048 and #1234.

User avatar
Yaak
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 489
Founded: Sep 19, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Yaak » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:03 am

Jokes being too funny?
Taiwan is a country, Tiananmen Square Protests happened, and free Tibet.

Ukraine is not Russia, and it will never be.

Russia and China cutting Ukraine and Taiwan like a cake.

User avatar
Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 20818
Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:53 pm

Yaak wrote:Jokes being too funny?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_from_laughter
Maybe you could include an option improving healthcare out of it, as well as a pro-censorship option and an anti-censorship one?
Last edited by Bears Armed on Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

User avatar
Yaak
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 489
Founded: Sep 19, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Yaak » Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:35 pm

Bears Armed wrote:
Yaak wrote:Jokes being too funny?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_from_laughter
Maybe you could include an option improving healthcare out of it, as well as a pro-censorship option and an anti-censorship one?


Okay.
Last edited by Yaak on Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taiwan is a country, Tiananmen Square Protests happened, and free Tibet.

Ukraine is not Russia, and it will never be.

Russia and China cutting Ukraine and Taiwan like a cake.

User avatar
Steelfeather Rapture 1
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 57
Founded: Aug 18, 2021
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Steelfeather Rapture 1 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:19 pm

Sanctaria wrote:
Steelfeather Rapture 1 wrote: What if a nation had one of its leading politicians caught in controversy over an amount of drinking that is reasonably moderate?

What's controversial about drinking alcohol in a moderate way?

Anti-alcohol stereotypes are so bad that some people hate even moderate alcohol drinking.

The issue could be one that offers prohibitionism, harsh anti-drinking propaganda, etc, and then it has the guy being like, "Hey! I don't binge-drink! Are we trying to drive all alcohol out of the government or something?"
Please telegram me if you want me to be active in a thread... I'm shy, and the telegrams scare me less than the forum itself.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: New Lusitania and the Algarves, Thexaelen

Advertisement

Remove ads