NATION

PASSWORD

The Writers' Block

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:19 pm

My data currently tracks #314 2 as the only option that removes No Adultery without instead instituting No Marriage (which isn't a true reversal, since the game remembers the flag backstage and gives you No Adultery back if you later repeal No Marriage).

No Cents isn't a listed policy, so I can't help you with that one.

Socio Polor
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 28, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Socio Polor » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:31 pm

Trotterdam wrote:My data currently tracks #314 2 as the only option that removes No Adultery without instead instituting No Marriage (which isn't a true reversal, since the game remembers the flag backstage and gives you No Adultery back if you later repeal No Marriage).

No Cents isn't a listed policy, so I can't help you with that one.

Ok, thanks!

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:36 am

Socio Polor wrote:Can anyone tell me which two issues reverse "No Cents" and "No Adultery" but have the strict validity? I plan on having those two reversal drafts up later today

437.1 and 314.1.

What we're looking for is reversal drafts that have no validity requirements other than the policy being reversed.
Last edited by Candlewhisper Archive on Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Socio Polor
Ambassador

Postby Socio Polor » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:57 am

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:
Socio Polor wrote:Can anyone tell me which two issues reverse "No Cents" and "No Adultery" but have the strict validity? I plan on having those two reversal drafts up later today

437.1 and 314.1.

What we're looking for is reversal drafts that have no validity requirements other than the policy being reversed.

Yep, got it!

Frieden-und Freudenland
Minister

Founded: Jul 30, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frieden-und Freudenland » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:36 am

OK, here we go. Is there an issue about AirBnB-type accommodation options? Involving either security risks and regulation issues, or pissed-off hotel owners?
When I write, I don't have an accent.

My issues

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
~Walt Whitman

The Sapmi
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 13, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sapmi » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:52 am

Frieden-und Freudenland wrote:OK, here we go. Is there an issue about AirBnB-type accommodation options? Involving either security risks and regulation issues, or pissed-off hotel owners?

Not to my knowledge.

Also, do you have to be a member of the world assembly to make issues? I've got an idea for one, but am not part if the WA.
News for March 2088:
International News: Growth of world market slowest since 2074 | European Federation announces complete unification to occur within the century | Hispaniola wins the 2088 World Cup, the first Carribean Nation to do so

Local News: Terrorist attack in Finnmark leads 84 dead, week of mourning instituted | Call for vote of no-confidence held off as Bjorn Handal's approval rate surges to 51%

The Rundown: The Saami Commonwealth is a nation located in Northern Scandinavia that declared independence in 2052. Factbooks are factual, most NationStates statistics are not

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:34 am

Frieden-und Freudenland wrote:OK, here we go. Is there an issue about AirBnB-type accommodation options? Involving either security risks and regulation issues, or pissed-off hotel owners?

Maybe the the second of those possibilities might be at risk of too much overlap with the issue about UBAR-type rivals to standard taxi-cabs?
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015

Postby USS Monitor » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:52 am

The Sapmi wrote:Also, do you have to be a member of the world assembly to make issues? I've got an idea for one, but am not part if the WA.

I'm not in the WA either. You don't need to be in the WA.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

The JELLEAIN Republic
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The JELLEAIN Republic » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:18 pm

How big is leaders family ? Hundreds of aunts brothers and nieces ?

I wi see if it kept track of somehow .... what if there was some fun issue saying weather leader should decide what to do, as in legitimize the thousands of extended family members ?
May the autocorrect be with you...
Cannot think of a name wrote:It's a narrative, and narratives don't require masterminds or persian cats.
Male. Lives in USA. Quotes
The Greater Ohio Valley wrote:Same here. I wash my hands religiously to keep the medical debt away.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:45 pm

Are there any issues titled "plastic fantastic"?
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Postby USS Monitor » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:57 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:Are there any issues titled "plastic fantastic"?

This is the sort of question that searching the spoiler thread can answer. Also, it looks like the answer is no.
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:26 pm

Sedgistan wrote:Lack of interest in engineering-type roles

Oh golly I didn't even post about this: We don't have anything like this exactly, but we do have this issue about lack of interest in blue collar jobs: #621: Blue Collar Blues
Last edited by Jutsa on Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:03 pm

... Think an issue about this could work? >.>

(especially at this point and onward?)
Last edited by Jutsa on Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

Makdon
Envoy

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Makdon » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:49 pm

Jutsa wrote:... Think an issue about this could work? >.>

(especially at this point and onward?)

Considering it was a big enough deal irl to be in the treaty of Versailles and the subject of multiple other international agreements, I'd say yes. Sounds fun.
⁝ Former World Assembly Officer of The Rejected Realms ⁝ 2 x SCR author ⁝ Question Mark ⁝

Socio Polor
Ambassador

Postby Socio Polor » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:26 am

What Issues would you guys say could use a sequal? I'm certainly up to the task of writing them

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:33 am

Socio Polor wrote:What Issues would you guys say could use a sequal? I'm certainly up to the task of writing them

Our best advice would always be to write because you have an idea for an issue that you really want to write, not to write an issue because you think it's what someone thinks you should write.

If that means you have an idea for a follow-up to an existing issue that you're really excited about, and that you think will be interesting and have verisimilitude, go for it.

But if that means you have an idea for a new issue, that doesn't follow on from a previous issue, and that's what you're excited about -- write that.

Ideas are always easier to write and to stick with, and simply more fun, if it's an idea that genuinely interests you.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

Socio Polor
Ambassador

Postby Socio Polor » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:43 am

The Free Joy State wrote:
Socio Polor wrote:What Issues would you guys say could use a sequal? I'm certainly up to the task of writing them

Our best advice would always be to write because you have an idea for an issue that you really want to write, not to write an issue because you think it's what someone thinks you should write.

If that means you have an idea for a follow-up to an existing issue that you're really excited about, and that you think will be interesting and have verisimilitude, go for it.

But if that means you have an idea for a new issue, that doesn't follow on from a previous issue, and that's what you're excited about -- write that.

Ideas are always easier to write and to stick with, and simply more fun, if it's an idea that genuinely interests you.

Oh I know FJS, I just want to hear what other people think so I can consider if I should go along with it. My inspiration had been pretty low lately. :p I never write something someone tells me to write that I'm not interested in. I'll get bored and you know what'll happen, the issue will likely come terrible. Thanks for the words of wisdom though :)

The Sapmi
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Sapmi » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:16 pm

Do you have to post a draft of an issue here before submitting it?
News for March 2088:
International News: Growth of world market slowest since 2074 | European Federation announces complete unification to occur within the century | Hispaniola wins the 2088 World Cup, the first Carribean Nation to do so

Local News: Terrorist attack in Finnmark leads 84 dead, week of mourning instituted | Call for vote of no-confidence held off as Bjorn Handal's approval rate surges to 51%

The Rundown: The Saami Commonwealth is a nation located in Northern Scandinavia that declared independence in 2052. Factbooks are factual, most NationStates statistics are not

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Postby USS Monitor » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:28 pm

The Sapmi wrote:Do you have to post a draft of an issue here before submitting it?

It's not a requirement, but we generally encourage it.

The Sapmi
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Sapmi » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:17 am

USS Monitor wrote:
The Sapmi wrote:Do you have to post a draft of an issue here before submitting it?

What if you've submitted it before? Can you put a draft here again?
News for March 2088:

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:38 am

The Sapmi wrote:
USS Monitor wrote:

Sure. The draft wasn't good enough some distance, so redrafting would definitely be a smart idea.

The Sapmi
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Sapmi » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:29 am

The Sapmi wrote:

Sure. The draft wasn't good enough some distance, so redrafting would definitely be a smart idea.

No, I meant that I've submitted it through the submission process. I haven't put a draft up on here.
News for March 2088:

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:46 pm

The Sapmi wrote:

No, I meant that I've submitted it through the submission process. I haven't put a draft up on here.

I mean to say that, you can put it up as a draft now. The issue submission you put in has already been rejected.

The Sapmi
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Sapmi » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:45 pm

Thanks.
News for March 2088:

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:59 pm

USS Monitor wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:Are there any issues titled "plastic fantastic"?

This is the sort of question that searching the spoiler thread can answer. Also, it looks like the answer is no.

The reason why I ask here rather than spoiler thread is because I'm not sure how up-to-date it is
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?