NATION

PASSWORD

[@DRAFT@] Househusbands Clueless (DRAFT 4)

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Hassett
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 11, 2009
Anarchy

[@DRAFT@] Househusbands Clueless (DRAFT 4)

Postby Hassett » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:37 pm

Draft 4 has been added. I changed the issue to focus on your vice president's children. I also reworded the second issue to be about education as opposed to welfare. Please let me know what you think, thanks.

Draft 1- Here is the first draft of an issue I wrote about there only being women in the workforce, regarding option 4 in issue 173. Any advice is much appreciated, thanks.
[Title] Househusbands Clueless

[Description] Ever since legislation in @@NAME@@ reversed gender roles in the workplace and household, children across the nation are being unintentionally neglected from incompetent fathers.

[Validity] Nations selecting option 4 in issue 173

[Option] “I was astonished to come home after a hard day at work to find my husband trying to breastfeed our baby!” cries out @@RANDOMNAME@@, a hard working mother. “He had absolutely no idea that he couldn’t do that! Ever since the new law placing women in the workforce and husbands at home, our children haven’t had a proper meal in weeks. The government should realize our children should not be trusted in men’s hands and let us choose to be housewives again!”
[Effect] children across the nation are celebrating as women are once again entering the kitchen
[Stats] Civil freedoms rise, Health increases, Obesity lowers

[Option] “Do you know how hard I had to work to switch these gender roles?” screams out @@RANDOMNAME@@, one of @@NAME@@’s most outspoken feminists. “This small child negligence ‘problem’ can easily be solved with a little increase in government welfare. Househusbands can take care of the children and women could continue doing what they do best, making money. With this, we can finally achieve the perfect nuclear family!”
[Effect] the nation is going bankrupt trying to support nuclear families
[Stats] Taxes rise, Welfare increases, Civil freedoms rise

[Option] “The bigger issue here is that my factory’s profits have tanked ever since my workforce was replaced with women,” yells the CEO of Heavy Boxes Incorporated, @@RANDOMNAME@@. “It is a well-known fact that women cannot carry as many heavy boxes as men; men are hardwired for this! @@NAME@@ must realize that things were better the way they were before and repeal this abomination of a law!”
[Effect] men are upset nationwide as they have to leave the comfort of their homes and start working again
[Stats] Economy grows, employment increases, civil freedoms lower

Draft 2 - I added a second draft. In it, I reworded the options, hopefully improving it. Please let me know what you think, thanks.

[Description] Ever since legislation in @@NAME@@ reversed gender roles in the workplace and household, children across the nation are being unintentionally neglected from incompetent fathers.

[Option] "I was astonished to come home after a tough day at work to find my husband trying to breastfeed our baby!" cries out @@RANDOMNAME@@, a hard working mother. "He had absolutely no idea that he couldn’t do that! Ever since the new law that placed women in the workforce and husbands at home, our children haven’t had a proper meal in weeks. The government should realize children should not be trusted in men’s hands and let us choose to be housewives again! "
[Effect] children across the nation are celebrating as women are once again entering the kitchen

[Option] "Do you know how hard I had to work to switch these gender roles?" screams out @@RANDOMNAME@@, one of @@NAME@@’s most outspoken feminists. "I don’t see much of a problem here. If anything, it can easily be solved with a little increase in government welfare. Househusbands can take care of the children and women could continue doing what they do best, making money. Only then can we finally achieve the perfect nuclear family!"

[Option] "The bigger issue here is that my factory’s profits have tanked ever since my workforce was replaced with women," yells @@RANDOMNAME@@, the CEO of Heavy Boxes Incorporated. "It is a well-known fact that women cannot carry as many heavy boxes as men; men are fueled with testosterone for this! @@NAME@@ must realize that the econo- ahem- families were better the way they were before and repeal this abomination of a law!"
[Effect] men are upset as they have to leave the comfort of their homes to start working again
[Stats] Reverses only women being allowed to work, economy grows, employment increases, civil freedoms lower

Draft 3
I added a third draft. I've been busy with classwork so I haven't really been able to work on this recently. I reworded the description to avoid the issue directly being an "answer issue." I haven't changed the stats yet because I'm not as familiar with this part of the issue process. However, any advice is much appreciated, thanks.

[Description] After the release of a “@@NAME@@’s Women Weekly Magazine” survey, people are stunned to find out children across the nation are being unintentionally neglected from incompetent stay-at-home fathers.

[Option] "I was astonished to come home after a tough day at work to find my husband trying to breastfeed our baby!" cries out @@RANDOMNAME@@, a hard working mother. "He had absolutely no idea that he couldn’t do that! Ever since the new law that placed women in the workforce and husbands at home, our children haven’t had a proper meal in weeks. The government should realize children should not be trusted in men’s hands and let us choose to be housewives again! "

[Option] "Do you know how hard I had to work to switch these gender roles?" screams out @@RANDOMNAME@@, one of @@NAME@@’s most outspoken feminists. "I don’t see much of a problem here. If anything, it can easily be solved with a little increase in government welfare. Househusbands can take care of the children and women could continue doing what they do best, making money. Only then can we finally achieve the perfect nuclear family!"

[Option] "The bigger issue here is that my factory’s profits have tanked ever since my workforce was replaced with women," yells @@RANDOMNAME@@, the CEO of Heavy Boxes Incorporated. "It is a well-known fact that women cannot carry as many heavy boxes as men; men are fueled with testosterone for this! @@NAME@@ must realize that the econo- ahem- families were better the way they were before and repeal this abomination of a law!"
[Effect] men are upset as they have to leave the comfort of their homes to start working again
[Stats] Reverses only women being allowed to work, economy grows, employment increases, civil freedoms lower

Draft 4

[Description] After the release of a “@@NAME@@’s Women Weekly Magazine” investigation, people are stunned to find out that the children of @@NAME@@’s female vice president are being unintentionally neglected from her incompetent stay-at-home husband.

[Option] "I was astonished to come home after a tough day at @@CAPITAL@@ to find my husband trying to breastfeed our baby!" cries out @@RANDOMNAME@@, vice president and hard working mother. "He had absolutely no idea that he couldn’t do that! Ever since we passed the new law that placed women in the workforce and husbands at home, our children haven’t had a proper meal in weeks. The government should realize children should not be trusted in men’s hands and let us choose to be housewives again, even if that means giving up my national position! "

[Option] "Do you know how hard I had to work to switch these gender roles?" screams out @@RANDOMNAME@@, one of @@NAME@@’s most outspoken feminists. "I don’t see much of a problem here. If anything, it can easily be solved with mandatory education programs for new househusbands. Men can take care of the children and women could continue doing what they do best, making money. Only then can we finally achieve the perfect nuclear family!"
[Effect] new fathers are learning how to take care of their children
[Stats] Taxes rise, Education spending increases, Civil freedoms lower

Last edited by Hassett on Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:58 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Black and Yellow
Economic Left/Right: 8.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82
-Former United States
-Hassett: A History through Flags

Hassett
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Hassett » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:54 am

I added a second draft, please let me know what you think.
Black and Yellow
-Former United States

Hassett
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Hassett » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:20 pm

Just a real quick edit, I replaced all my smart quote symbols with normal quote symbols. And once again, any advice is greatly appreciated, especially since I won't have much time starting next week when classes start again.
Black and Yellow
-Former United States

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:11 am

Your stats are a bit bland. Have a look at Sedistan's newest post in How to Write An Issue for some ideas.

I really don't like issue descriptions that are so blatantly "answer issues". Toss out "Ever since legislation in @@NAME@@ reversed gender roles in the workplace and household," and find some other way for the nation to have noticed this problem. For example, investigative reporters are always turning up crap for you to seize on, or some high-profile political husband did something really stupid.

Frenequesta
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 22, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Frenequesta » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:30 pm

Given the fact that option 1 doesn't reverse the ban on men working, wouldn't the economy lower or at least the unemployment statistics rise because the employers aren't finding enough people to work full time?
I’m mostly here for... something to do, I suppose.

Hassett
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Hassett » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:51 pm

I added a third draft. I've been busy with classwork so I haven't really been able to work on this recently. I reworded the description to avoid the issue directly being an "answer issue." I haven't changed the stats yet because I'm not as familiar with this part of the issue process. However, any advice is much appreciated, thanks.
Black and Yellow
-Former United States

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:40 pm

The motivation behind this one needs work in my opinion. Instead of making it negligence due to all men apparently being morons, have the text highlight one high profile negligence case and have the speakers go from there. That way it's not dependent on an entire gender being complete idiots.
Last edited by Luna Amore on Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hassett
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Hassett » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:31 pm

Luna Amore wrote:The motivation behind this one needs work in my opinion. Instead of making it negligence due to all men apparently being morons, have the text highlight one high profile negligence case and have the speakers go from there. That way it's not dependent on an entire gender being complete idiots.

I see, time to add an incompetent highly ranked official to the picture...
Black and Yellow
-Former United States

Hassett
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Hassett » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:58 pm

Draft 4 has been added. I changed the issue to focus on your vice president's children. I also reworded the second issue to be about education as opposed to welfare. Please let me know what you think, thanks.
Black and Yellow
-Former United States

Hassett
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Hassett » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:23 am

Just a quick bump. Since there is still a need for this issue, I'd appreciate advice. Thanks!
Black and Yellow
-Former United States

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:35 am

What does option 1 do? It seems like it would reverse the ban (which would be the same as opt 3).

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?