NATION

PASSWORD

Issue Help?

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Mikmodia
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Issue Help?

Postby Mikmodia » Tue May 24, 2011 2:09 pm

Amidst a growing level of unemployment, thousands of workers have been fired and then replaced by automatic systems. They have petitioned you to intervene.

The Debate

OPTION 1
"It's just sickening! Do you know how long it took most of us to get a decent, 'stable' job?" shouts Colin Wall, president of the Mikmodia Labour Alliance, before dramatically sweeping your personal belongings off your desk. "And now we're losing our livelihoods to robots so that while our families starve, the corporations get even richer! Don't let the capitalist pigs blind you! This practice must be banned!"

OPTION 2
"Hey, I've got a job to keep up too, you know," says Billy Wall, a factory manager. "If I don't think of new ways of keeping costs down, the investors will go elsewhere. It's my neck on the line as much as anyone else's, even if I do have much more money. Besides, it's business, and no-one ought to be able to say who - or what - I can hire."

OPTION 3
"This could be resolved if instead of replacing workers with machines, we added machines to workers!" enthuses Hack Christmas, CEO of Mondas Ltd. "By replacing the body parts with stronger, better, metal prostheses, we can make the best industrial workers - literally - in the world! Imagine a shelver who can shift whole crates with just one arm! One finger! So let's hear no more of this deplorable 'replacing workers with machines' idea and look to the future!"

OPTION 4
"You can't allow that!" gasps Beth Dredd, a manual labourer. "If that happens, only the people with cyber limbs will get jobs! And the corporations will contract you into having the surgery if you want to have one! No thank you! We should go back to the grass roots of industry when all the machines weren't computerised and workers were the salt of the earth! Then maybe we'd see a bit more appreciation! And cash!"

I was wondering which option would increase/leave alone civil rights AND economy. But I don't think that's possible...HELP!!!
Born in both Milwaukee and Paris.l
My forum factbook is outdated. Don't read it. Ou bien.
Sometimes I stand outside of Walmart and scream at random people.
Pyromaniac, Nosocomephobe, Germano/Francophile
The Second Sovereign Empire of Mykmacia
Demonym: Mykmacian
Population: 806,667,042
Area: 22,494,234 km
Imperial Eurowank

Etharnor
Attaché

Founded: Feb 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Etharnor » Tue May 24, 2011 7:05 pm

dismiss it.
Economic Left/Right: 5.25, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.95

Aescentia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Aescentia » Wed May 25, 2011 12:05 am

Two would probably drastically increase the economy and slightly increase civil rights, by my best estimation.
The Archregimancy wrote:Back to dirty, perverted, shameful sex, please.
Ardchoille wrote:Get back to the tits and boobies, you lot!
NERVUN wrote:I am NERV thy MOD. Thou shalt have no other gods before us.
Reppy wrote:Because fun is fun
Stew cranberries like apples
Tastes much more like prunes

I RP under the nation the City of Vauxhall, mid-PMT. ~~ The One Time I was Ever Reported
Handy Links: GE&T Help Desk ~~ Storefront Creation Guide ~~ NSBBB ~~ NSDossier ~~ French Motto Clinic ~~ Technical FAQ ~~ Le Fil Français

Return to Got Issues?