NATION

PASSWORD

Capital City Issue

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Sorgan
Senator

Founded: Jun 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Capital City Issue

Postby Sorgan » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:47 am

The Issue

As Sorgan continues to grow, so too does its government. The number of politicians needed to administrate and legislate the country is rapidly surpassing the Houses of Parliament's capacity with ministers often requiring periscopes to see the House Speaker. Some are suggesting a new building be built in another city - a city which would then be designated as the capital city of Sorgan.
The Debate

1. "I would like to make a humble recommendation for my own proud jurisdiction," says Beth Dredd, mayor of one of Sorgan's major cities. "It would be an honour for our city to be host to the seat of power! If it will seal the deal, you can change the name if you like..."

2. "Hah! Capital city indeed!" shouts Faith du Pont, a fervent anarchist, spilling leaflets all over the floor. "What's wrong with being free as the wind? Do you really think one city could possibly represent a whole country? Its people? I've had enough of the man trying to screw us down all the time! Say NO to a national capital!"

3. "I can accept and even approve of having a capital city," says Bianca Nagasawa, a military strategist. "But we'd be putting all our eggs in one basket if we choose somewhere too vulnerable! Believe me, capitals always get the brunt of the enemy attack because of their political and economic importance. We should put aside a few billion Credits and build our capital city underground. They'll never bomb us there!"

4. "I've got an idea," says theme park tycoon, Lindsay Tew. "My company will happily sponsor the new establishment and cover all costs - as long as it's made to our specifications. We've already got plans drawn up to put a roller coaster straight through the House of Commons! A cafe, some kiosks for ice cream... maybe even a water slide or two in the lobby! It'll be one part legislative seat of government, one part family-fun theme park! Tourists will flock from around the globe!"

This is the position your government is preparing to adopt.

5. "What's wrong with the old building?" asks Zeke Mombota, a noted disestablishmentarian. "We don't need some kind of fancy capital city just to make the bigwig ministers feel important! If there's no room, then fire politicians until there IS room. Have you never heard of doing more with less?"

****Which one would let me name the capital city but also get me closer to being a capitalist Paradise?****

Greater Swedenn
Envoy

Founded: Jul 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Capital City Issue

Postby Greater Swedenn » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:56 pm

the first one will definitely get you the option.
Greater Swedenn is an independent holding of The Phoenix Empire of Heirosoloa.

You can find the map right here.
Currently a member of UNTO.
Population [As of last census]; 7.5 million

Kari-Kazzir
Attaché

Founded: Apr 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kari-Kazzir » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:01 pm

I chose the last option, I'd rather do it later :P

Almajoya
Minister

Founded: May 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Almajoya » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:02 pm

It seems that in all 3 of the *special issues,* the first choice is the obvious one. I got this one on a puppet yesterday, and picked the first one.

I am also of the opinion that #4 would be the most "capitalist," but don't take my word for it. It looks like at least you'll get the city option.
Factbook/Getting Started/Roleplaying Tips/Thread Assistance Index/The Mary Sue Test
(Melisma: 17 | Ciaran: 3 | Astaire: 25)

Did you miss me?
08.29.05//01.17.10//85:16:25

Thethunderdome
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Thethunderdome » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:08 pm

I went with three and got a city because underground bunker cities are sick
Save a life- Donate blood!

Weylara
Ambassador

Founded: May 09, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Weylara » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:10 pm

Number 1 definitely got me a city. Pick that one.

Return to Got Issues?