NATION

PASSWORD

Annex our ethnic neighbors?

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Scalliona
Secretary

Founded: Dec 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Annex our ethnic neighbors?

Postby Scalliona » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:33 pm

So, I have an idea for an issue; it has to do with a population of your nations historical ethnic population that resides in a neighboring country. I've come up with a few pieces of legislature, but i'm wondering if anyone could offer any critique?

And the issue:

Ethnic @@NAME@@ demand annexation!

A large number of Ethnic @@NAME@@ have appealed to your government to annex a large sized portion of land containing a very high percentage of @@NAME@@ who want to rejoin their homeland.

“We should welcome our Brothers with open arms!” Says notable Fascist Alexander Amundson in between writing his Manifesto. “These are our Brothers! They want to join our glorious nation, and I say we let them! And if anyone, say the country controlling the region has anything to say about it other than ‘Go ahead, it’s all yours!’ then I say we show them the business end of our rifles and take the rest of the country. For more elbow room and general living space.”

“I agree with my colleague” says Richard Krieger, head of Social Studies at @@NAME@@ University. “But we should also take this as an opportunity to expand our industries! Annexing them would mean adding millions to our workforce, and also being able to give our people a bit of a tax break after the initial developing is done. But we mustn’t threaten military action, we should resolve this diplomatically. Even if it will take longer.

“Has anyone stopped and taken a good look at OUR country lately!?” says Feminist Joanna dell’ Abruzzo, while throwing pitchforks of bras into a large bonfire. “I swear, if you men weren’t in charge nobody would be wanting anybody to annex them. We should work to improve conditions of our brothers in that godforsaken land they call a country. But while we’re at it, let’s make it so that only women can hold public office and make important decisions. And while we’re at it, give them all 10 male concubines to wait on them hand and foot! Let’s turn @@NAME@@ into a Feminist republic!” She exclaims, as crowds of women cheer her on.

“Quite frankly, I don’t care at all about what these people want” says a homeless man from the gutter to your left, taking a large swig from his brown paper bag. “We’re all going to die anyway, and those people already made the choice to leave here. So why waste our time on them? We should be doing things like improving our welfare program so that I can drink- I mean feed myself and rent an apartment.” He then throws the bottle towards you, missing and hitting your assistant before your bodyguards apprehend him.

For option 1, this would annex the population, increasing it by about 10 million (too high? Too low?) But would add a 5% tax increase due to military spending to deal with the ensueing conflict, and your country would become more militaristic.

Option 2 would add 12 million (too high? Too low?) To your population, more because of the lack of conflict that would cause refugees and casualties that came with option 1. There would be a 3% tax cut, as there are suddenly more people to tax. Industry would increase by 2% and your reputation would go down slightly, but not as much as in option 1.

As for the other two, i'm not quite sure yet what I want them to be. If anyone has any ideas, that'd be great!
Last edited by Scalliona on Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DEFCON [5]

“The more you sweat in peacetime, the less you bleed during war.” - Chinese Proverb

MILITARY SPECS:
Imperial Army: 20,000,000 (+2,500,000 reserve)
Imperial Navy: 50,000 AC (+1,200 SC)
120,000 Destroyers, Battleships
72,000 Submarines
5,000,000 Naval Aircraft
Imperial Airforce: 27,000,000 personnel
22,000,000 Fighters
10,000,000 Bombers

Panageadom
Ambassador

Founded: May 09, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Panageadom » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:43 am

This is not entirely without merit, but the thing that will most help you is reading the guidelines for issue drafting here.
Author of Issues:
#273: Is our children learning?
#310: Too Little Talk?
#315: Creative Flowers Withering Under Legislation
#324 "Tourism Tanking" Tells Tabloids
#334: Blot Out Bauhaus
#340: Defending Patent Pending
#365: A Busload of Worry

None at present

If I offer criticism on your proposed issue, I will often write in red: don't think I'm being aggressive, it's just a convention I use!
If I ask a question on a proposed issue thread, then it's because I feel it's one you need to ask of your issue: I'm being Socratic and/or lazy.

Supreme Court Chief Justice for Capitalist Paradise

Scalliona
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Scalliona » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:55 am

I did, but i'm terrible at following directions, which is why i'm asking for people to help me make this issue up to standard.
DEFCON [5]

“The more you sweat in peacetime, the less you bleed during war.” - Chinese Proverb

MILITARY SPECS:
72,000 Submarines
5,000,000 Naval Aircraft
22,000,000 Fighters
10,000,000 Bombers

Maroza
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 28, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Maroza » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:22 am

I like this one. Option one and two but three just seems way out there. I like to see more of nation states insane side. :)
Current level 5: Peacetime
Find a Helmet
Put on a Helmet

Find me someone who does not support the revolutionary sciences and the technology of peace and they will be shot as traitors to the revolution.~Aethrys
The disease first struck a wealthy nation with low population density, an adequate health care system and naturally declining population.

Panageadom
Ambassador

Founded: May 09, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Panageadom » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:15 am

I meant more about actually adding things like stats and effects...

...you really only have half an issue here, is the thing. There's not much point critiquing something missing its head.
Author of Issues:
#273: Is our children learning?
#310: Too Little Talk?
#315: Creative Flowers Withering Under Legislation
#324 "Tourism Tanking" Tells Tabloids
#334: Blot Out Bauhaus
#340: Defending Patent Pending
#365: A Busload of Worry

None at present

If I offer criticism on your proposed issue, I will often write in red: don't think I'm being aggressive, it's just a convention I use!
If I ask a question on a proposed issue thread, then it's because I feel it's one you need to ask of your issue: I'm being Socratic and/or lazy.

Supreme Court Chief Justice for Capitalist Paradise

Maroza
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 28, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Maroza » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:19 am

Thats right. Post what the effects of each are and what it will say if they pick that option.
Current level 5: Peacetime
Find a Helmet
Put on a Helmet

Find me someone who does not support the revolutionary sciences and the technology of peace and they will be shot as traitors to the revolution.~Aethrys
The disease first struck a wealthy nation with low population density, an adequate health care system and naturally declining population.

Jasarite
Envoy

Founded: Jul 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Jasarite » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:20 am

I lie it but, as has been said, yuo need to show stats and the effect each option will have on the nation.
We must not look at goblin men,
We must not buy their fruits:
Who knows upon what soil they fed
Their hungry thirsty roots?- Goblin Market-Christina Rosetti

Scalliona
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Scalliona » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:57 pm

Just added some effects for the first two. I'm thinking of adding/removing another legislature, but i'm not sure
DEFCON [5]

MILITARY SPECS:
72,000 Submarines
5,000,000 Naval Aircraft
22,000,000 Fighters
10,000,000 Bombers

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?