NATION

PASSWORD

[MEGATHREAD] Unusual Issue Effects

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.

Remove ads

User avatar
New Eia
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 2
Founded: Oct 26, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Eia » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:44 am

- New Eia
- 07 August 2018
- #483 Do You Want Fries With That?
I picked option 4 as I didn't feel like any other options fit my nation's style. While the 99.7% dip in Trout Farming was an obvious outcome, a 24.6% rise in obesity and a 13% rise in cheese exports shouldn't occur IMO.
As far as I'm concerned, veganism doesn't tolerate consumption of cheese or milk, so the obliteration of trout farming and a 13% rise in cheese export don't stack up well, many vegetarians make an exception for fish. The obesity spurt is inexplicable to me.
Oh and bleaching my rivers to get rid of fish lice cost me a third of my trout production, so I'm really at a loss for words here.
Last edited by New Eia on Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor
 
Posts: 3468
Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Free Joy State » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:57 am

New Eia wrote:- New Eia
- 07 August 2018
- #483 Do You Want Fries With That?
I picked option 4 as I didn't feel like any other options fit my nation's style. While the 99.7% dip in Trout Farming was an obvious outcome, a 24.6% rise in obesity and a 13% rise in cheese exports shouldn't occur IMO.
As far as I'm concerned, veganism doesn't tolerate consumption of cheese or milk, so the obliteration of trout farming and a 13% rise in cheese export don't stack up well, many vegetarians make an exception for fish. The obesity spurt is inexplicable to me.
Oh and bleaching my rivers to get rid of fish lice cost me a third of my trout production, so I'm really at a loss for words here.

The option doesn't specify veganism only, but:
We should make a higher standard of food mandatory for all: vegetarian, vegan, organic. C’est magnifique!

Vegetarianism is not incompatible with the cheese export industry.

As for obesity, that's a secondary stat and not one that we directly control. Multiple primary stats are playing off against each other and working with the unique circumstances of your nation, which caused a rise in your case. Another nation would have seen a completely different outcome.
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

If I'm not myself, I apologise. I'm probably getting a migraine and should shut up and get some sleep.

My nation is not representative of my beliefs or politics.

User avatar
New Eia
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 2
Founded: Oct 26, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Eia » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:21 am

The Free Joy State wrote:The option doesn't specify veganism only, but:
We should make a higher standard of food mandatory for all: vegetarian, vegan, organic. C’est magnifique!

I understand that the three words were listed together for humour purposes but... what exactly does my government enforce, then? Veganism or vegetarianism? You can't have both, veganism is inclusive of vegetarianism. If it's veganism, then Cheese industry should take a hit as big as Trout industry does. If it's vegetarianism, Trout industry shouldn't take a nosedive.

User avatar
Apabeossie
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 54
Founded: Jun 04, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby Apabeossie » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:15 pm

#749 Option 1.
“Ignorance is the problem,” comments Mario Morchella, famed plumber and forest forager, passing you a peach he found near an old castle. “You should set up a system for training and licensing people who want to collect wild fungi, require collectors have the best field guide books, and ban any unlicensed individuals from mushroom gathering. Also, increase the number of park rangers, so these life-saving measures are properly enforced.”

This system involves education. Why did it go DOWN?
Apabeossie: Ecofriendly, Compassionate, Nice, Pacifist, Inclusive, Healthy, Secular, Educated, Cultured, Smart, Developed, and Safe.

User avatar
Lamaredia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1483
Founded: May 25, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Lamaredia » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:56 pm

New Eia wrote:
The Free Joy State wrote:The option doesn't specify veganism only, but:
We should make a higher standard of food mandatory for all: vegetarian, vegan, organic. C’est magnifique!

I understand that the three words were listed together for humour purposes but... what exactly does my government enforce, then? Veganism or vegetarianism? You can't have both, veganism is inclusive of vegetarianism. If it's veganism, then Cheese industry should take a hit as big as Trout industry does. If it's vegetarianism, Trout industry shouldn't take a nosedive.

I'm guessing that it's enforcing that only three different types of food are allowed, at least from what I can extrapolate from the issue choice.
Vegan foods
Vegetarian foods
Organic foods

The last one doesn't exclude cheese and the similar, so long as its organically produced. However, I must concur that it's strange that trout fishing goes down if the other options are also allowed.
Last edited by Lamaredia on Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently the party director of the Democratic Party of Galatea. For the many, not the few as Speaker of the House of Representatives Alexis Gianopoulos.
Political compass
Economic Left/Right: -6.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.28

Result


Political test = Cosmopolitan Social Democrat
Cosmopolitan – 20%
Communistic - 31%
Anarchistic - 34%
Visionary - 51%
Secular - 72%
Pacifist - 19%
Anthropocentric– 17%

Result


Socio-Economic Ideology = Social Democracy
Social Democracy = 100%
Democratic Socialism = 83%
Anarchism 58%


Result
Last edited by Lamaredia on Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:44 PM, edited 48 times in total.

User avatar
Malanasia
Secretary
 
Posts: 36
Founded: Jan 10, 2013
Anarchy

Postby Malanasia » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:03 pm

1012.1, this nation, decrease in wealth gaps by 25.5%. I can see how that option would decrease wealth gaps, as otherwise marginalised persons are able to find employment, but not by that much, especially when the number is very high (1,060.36 -> 789.45)

User avatar
Fauxia
Senator
 
Posts: 3781
Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Fauxia » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:35 pm

281.1 on Haldrick installed the “no dissent” policy and caused a large drop in Civil Rights (-10). Is that a bug or is it an odd interaction with the autocracy policy?

Also, 136.2 didn’t install “No Abortion” on Ravelya. That seems wrong to me, I banned it in 99% of cases.
Not the similarly named Feux.
I have issues.
My views do not represent any government I serve in the unlikely event someone is insane enough to vote for me.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.

User avatar
The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor
 
Posts: 3468
Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Free Joy State » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:39 pm

New Eia wrote:
The Free Joy State wrote:The option doesn't specify veganism only, but:
We should make a higher standard of food mandatory for all: vegetarian, vegan, organic. C’est magnifique!

I understand that the three words were listed together for humour purposes but... what exactly does my government enforce, then? Veganism or vegetarianism? You can't have both, veganism is inclusive of vegetarianism. If it's veganism, then Cheese industry should take a hit as big as Trout industry does. If it's vegetarianism, Trout industry shouldn't take a nosedive.

Many vegetarians aren't pescetarians, which is to say that the majority of vegetarians do not eat fish. The usual idea of vegetarianism is what the simulation is based on.

As for what it's based on, it would read as being based on vegetarian food, mostly vegan, and organically produced.

Apabeossie wrote:#749 Option 1.
“Ignorance is the problem,” comments Mario Morchella, famed plumber and forest forager, passing you a peach he found near an old castle. “You should set up a system for training and licensing people who want to collect wild fungi, require collectors have the best field guide books, and ban any unlicensed individuals from mushroom gathering. Also, increase the number of park rangers, so these life-saving measures are properly enforced.”

This system involves education. Why did it go DOWN?

The system involves education, and -- accordingly -- an education rise is programmed. But the public education score you see is based on multiple factors, which are also impacted by this option (which isn't a straightforward education option, but an education and enforcement option).

When I tested it on other nations, it did give a rise in public education. But, for you, the enforcement side partially outweighed the education (although your nation did gain Scientific Advancement).

So, the issue is working as intended.

Malanasia wrote:1012.1, this nation, decrease in wealth gaps by 25.5%. I can see how that option would decrease wealth gaps, as otherwise marginalised persons are able to find employment, but not by that much, especially when the number is very high (1,060.36 -> 789.45)

It's because your wealth gaps started from such a high level that the fall was so dramatic. If you began with a lower level, the change wouldn't have been so extreme.

With stats, the closer you move to the end of either spectrum, the larger the changes you tend to notice when you go the opposite way. If you reaffirm your stance, or remain in the middle-ground, your changes don't tend to be as large.

Fauxia wrote:281.1 on Haldrick installed the “no dissent” policy and caused a large drop in Civil Rights (-10). Is that a bug or is it an odd interaction with the autocracy policy?

Also, 136.2 didn’t install “No Abortion” on Ravelya. That seems wrong to me, I banned it in 99% of cases.

With 281.1, you selected an option that allowed for "content discrimination", i.e. restriction of the internet. This wouldn't always install "no dissent", but you were pushing the upper end of the limit already. Selecting this option just pushed you over the edge.

With 136.2, I understand why you're perturbed. But we have tried to be as neutral as possible with our abortion stats, and not take one side over another in -- what is -- a highly emotive debate. Although I personally consider those circumstances unrealistically restrictive, there are people who consider allowing abortion for rape and danger to the mother a very sensible compromise. There are also many countries where that is the law, and they are not regarded as having an abortion ban.
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

If I'm not myself, I apologise. I'm probably getting a migraine and should shut up and get some sleep.

My nation is not representative of my beliefs or politics.

User avatar
Fauxia
Senator
 
Posts: 3781
Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Fauxia » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:15 am

Not sure I totally agree, but that makes plenty of sense, thanks Joy!
Not the similarly named Feux.
I have issues.
My views do not represent any government I serve in the unlikely event someone is insane enough to vote for me.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.

User avatar
The Neo-Republic of Rhodesia
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: Aug 08, 2018
Corporate Bordello

Postby The Neo-Republic of Rhodesia » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:26 am

VOL. 32 NO. 23 I Uranium Deposit Promises to Enrich
Choose option 3, mining a bit of it for the money but preserve the forest too. Yet instead of boosting the economy a bit, it make mine fell.

Trends

Income Equality
Marx-Engels Emancipation Scale 5.76 → 9.06 57.3%

Industry: Timber Woodchipping
Tasmanian Pulp Environmental Export Index -3.74 → -2.00 46.5%

Industry: Mining
Blue Sky Asbestos Index -3.74 → -2.00 46.5%

Authoritarianism
milliStalins 184.63 → 215.68 16.8%

Safety
Bubble-Rapp Safety Rating 42.82 → 47.83 11.7%

Taxation
Effective Tax Rate 6.10 → 6.29 3.1%

Industry: Arms Manufacturing
Charon Conveyancy Index 7,787.98 → 8,000.19 2.7%

Sector: Manufacturing
Gooback-Jerbs Productivity Index 8,443.82 → 8,640.21 2.3%

Pacifism
Cheeks Turned Per Day 36.12 → 36.77 1.8%

Tourism
Tourists Per Hour 267.49 → 270.52 1.1%

Employment
Workforce Participation Rate 74.18 → 73.50 0.92%

Lifespan
Years 63.92 → 63.15 1.2%

Weather
Meters Of Sunlight 107.00 → 105.00 1.9%

Average Income
Rhodesian Dollars 62,272.95 → 60,683.27 2.6%

Economic Output
Rhodesian Dollars 311,000,000,000 → 303,000,000,000 2.6%

Average Disposable Income
Rhodesian Dollars 58,474.30 → 56,860.23 2.8%

Human Development Index
Human Development Index 57.52 → 55.92 2.8%

Environmental Beauty
Pounds Of Wildlife Per Square Mile 574.21 → 556.11 3.2%

Economy
Krugman-Greenspan Business Outlook Index 80.67 → 76.22 5.5%

Obesity
Obesity Rate 10.60 → 10.01 5.6%

Crime
Crimes Per Hour 14.13 → 13.20 6.6%

Economic Freedom
Rand Index 80.00 → 73.33 8.3%

Weaponization
Weapons Per Person 0.59 → 0.54 8.5%

Ideological Radicality
Paul-Nader Subjective Decentrality Index 23.06 → 20.83 9.7%

Charmlessness
Kardashian Reflex Score 14.47 → 12.01 17.0%

Wealth Gaps
Rich To Poor Income Ratio 17.35 → 11.04 36.4%
« Back to Issues

User avatar
The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor
 
Posts: 3468
Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Free Joy State » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:03 am

The Neo-Republic of Rhodesia wrote:VOL. 32 NO. 23 I Uranium Deposit Promises to Enrich
Choose option 3, mining a bit of it for the money but preserve the forest too. Yet instead of boosting the economy a bit, it make mine fell.

Trends

Income Equality
Marx-Engels Emancipation Scale 5.76 → 9.06 57.3%

Industry: Timber Woodchipping
Tasmanian Pulp Environmental Export Index -3.74 → -2.00 46.5%

Industry: Mining
Blue Sky Asbestos Index -3.74 → -2.00 46.5%

Authoritarianism
milliStalins 184.63 → 215.68 16.8%

Safety
Bubble-Rapp Safety Rating 42.82 → 47.83 11.7%

Taxation
Effective Tax Rate 6.10 → 6.29 3.1%

Industry: Arms Manufacturing
Charon Conveyancy Index 7,787.98 → 8,000.19 2.7%

Sector: Manufacturing
Gooback-Jerbs Productivity Index 8,443.82 → 8,640.21 2.3%

Pacifism
Cheeks Turned Per Day 36.12 → 36.77 1.8%

Tourism
Tourists Per Hour 267.49 → 270.52 1.1%

Employment
Workforce Participation Rate 74.18 → 73.50 0.92%

Lifespan
Years 63.92 → 63.15 1.2%

Weather
Meters Of Sunlight 107.00 → 105.00 1.9%

Average Income
Rhodesian Dollars 62,272.95 → 60,683.27 2.6%

Economic Output
Rhodesian Dollars 311,000,000,000 → 303,000,000,000 2.6%

Average Disposable Income
Rhodesian Dollars 58,474.30 → 56,860.23 2.8%

Human Development Index
Human Development Index 57.52 → 55.92 2.8%

Environmental Beauty
Pounds Of Wildlife Per Square Mile 574.21 → 556.11 3.2%

Economy
Krugman-Greenspan Business Outlook Index 80.67 → 76.22 5.5%

Obesity
Obesity Rate 10.60 → 10.01 5.6%

Crime
Crimes Per Hour 14.13 → 13.20 6.6%

Economic Freedom
Rand Index 80.00 → 73.33 8.3%

Weaponization
Weapons Per Person 0.59 → 0.54 8.5%

Ideological Radicality
Paul-Nader Subjective Decentrality Index 23.06 → 20.83 9.7%

Charmlessness
Kardashian Reflex Score 14.47 → 12.01 17.0%

Wealth Gaps
Rich To Poor Income Ratio 17.35 → 11.04 36.4%
« Back to Issues

For future reference, you don't have to copy-paste all your stats. We can see everything backstage.

You did make several industry gains, including to mining(from -3.74 to +2) and your woodchipping industry, also up from -3.74 to +2(which is related to your woodlands being felled for mining), your manufacturing industry and the average income of your poor. However, this option did not promise benefits for your entire economy. Merely that mining would bring some economic benefits, which it has.
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

If I'm not myself, I apologise. I'm probably getting a migraine and should shut up and get some sleep.

My nation is not representative of my beliefs or politics.

User avatar
Trithereon
Secretary
 
Posts: 39
Founded: Apr 14, 2018
Anarchy

Postby Trithereon » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:09 pm

Shouldn't 373 have more of an impact on scientific advancement? An average of +/- 2 kurzweils seems low for an issue that is literally nothing more than "let's spend a shit ton more money on science"
347.3 and 571.1 are examples of the CORRECT way to handle authoritarianism: it should decrease every time government stays out of something, regardless of what individuals do to each other.

User avatar
The Marsupial Illuminati
Issues Editor
 
Posts: 486
Founded: Jul 24, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby The Marsupial Illuminati » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:00 pm

Trithereon wrote:Shouldn't 373 have more of an impact on scientific advancement? An average of +/- 2 kurzweils seems low for an issue that is literally nothing more than "let's spend a shit ton more money on science"

No.

User avatar
Aclion
Minister
 
Posts: 2342
Founded: Apr 12, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Postby Aclion » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:36 pm

I just anwered Foundering Fashionistas, 1043 with option 2 which states
“I don’t know what’s wrong with that girl,” sighs her mother, plucking lint from the collar of her sensible navy suit. “Her father has always spoiled her, and now I worry you’re going to do the same. He gave her ample Francs to start this venture, and she’s lost it all. I always said, Molly should have been left to learn to succeed or fail on her own. If you’re going to invest taxpayer money in anything, it should be in subsidising business skills classes at community schools, to help children who haven’t already had every advantage.”

As a result my nation's industry spending increased while spending in other areas, including education decreased(as tax rate and economy did not increase nearly enough to cover industry)

Why would refusing to subsidise industry and instead subsidising classes in community schools lead to and increase in business subsidization? I would expect a decrease in business subsidization and a corresponding increase in education spending, since you're redirecting money that was being invested in industry and instead spending it on classes at community schools.

User avatar
The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor
 
Posts: 3468
Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Free Joy State » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:40 pm

Aclion wrote:I just anwered Foundering Fashionistas, 1043 with option 2 which states
“I don’t know what’s wrong with that girl,” sighs her mother, plucking lint from the collar of her sensible navy suit. “Her father has always spoiled her, and now I worry you’re going to do the same. He gave her ample Francs to start this venture, and she’s lost it all. I always said, Molly should have been left to learn to succeed or fail on her own. If you’re going to invest taxpayer money in anything, it should be in subsidising business skills classes at community schools, to help children who haven’t already had every advantage.”

As a result my nation's industry spending increased while spending in other areas, including education decreased(as tax rate and economy did not increase nearly enough to cover industry)

Why would refusing to subsidise industry and instead subsidising classes in community schools lead to and increase in business subsidization? I would expect a decrease in business subsidization and a corresponding increase in education spending, since you're redirecting money that was being invested in industry and instead spending it on classes at community schools.

Yes. I see that. I've made one small tweak to the backstage stats.
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

If I'm not myself, I apologise. I'm probably getting a migraine and should shut up and get some sleep.

My nation is not representative of my beliefs or politics.

User avatar
Apabeossie
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 54
Founded: Jun 04, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby Apabeossie » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:49 pm

#987 1.
Does it have something to do it anyways?
If it has, why did it REDUCE IT?
Now I have to import all books from Agnatoli again...
Apabeossie: Ecofriendly, Compassionate, Nice, Pacifist, Inclusive, Healthy, Secular, Educated, Cultured, Smart, Developed, and Safe.

User avatar
Trotterdam
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6185
Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:33 pm

Which stat are you complaining about?

User avatar
The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor
 
Posts: 3468
Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Free Joy State » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:47 pm

Apabeossie wrote:#987 1.
Does it have something to do it anyways?
If it has, why did it REDUCE IT?
Now I have to import all books from Agnatoli again...

As Trotterdam said, reduce what?

This is not a thread for nonspecific posts. This is a place to find assistance with or explanations for unusual effects. Apabeossie, in future, please post in this thread only when you can provide the following information:
--> Name and/or number of issue (that's vital)
--> The approximate date when it was received (if known, and especially if it was not recent)
--> The actual stat that changed, which you think was unusual. (that's also vital).
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

If I'm not myself, I apologise. I'm probably getting a migraine and should shut up and get some sleep.

My nation is not representative of my beliefs or politics.

User avatar
Apabeossie
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 54
Founded: Jun 04, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby Apabeossie » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:55 pm

Quia Spectrum Est (#987)
About 3 hrs ago
First Option
Why did Book Publishing decrease so much? from about 1K to 0.99?
Apabeossie: Ecofriendly, Compassionate, Nice, Pacifist, Inclusive, Healthy, Secular, Educated, Cultured, Smart, Developed, and Safe.

User avatar
The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor
 
Posts: 3468
Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Free Joy State » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:05 pm

Apabeossie wrote:Quia Spectrum Est (#987)
About 3 hrs ago
First Option
Why did Book Publishing decrease so much? from about 1K to 0.99?

Because the option prosecutes anyone who publishes products that may lead to criminal behaviour.

Say there's a fiction book called something like: "How to Murder Your Husband" (I think there might be, actually). Someone reads it and murders their husband. The author, publisher and so on could -- under this option -- be prosecuted for encouraging criminal behaviour. That would make people less likely to write fiction books featuring certain crimes, but also it would make publishers unable to publish books about how to pass an exam (in case they were used to cheat, say).

So, Industry: Book Publishing dropped off, because writers will limit what they write and publishers will limit what they print.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

If I'm not myself, I apologise. I'm probably getting a migraine and should shut up and get some sleep.

My nation is not representative of my beliefs or politics.

User avatar
East Angria
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 179
Founded: May 15, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby East Angria » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:29 am

I just answered issue 910 with option 4 with Seswenna.

First, this reduced civil rights to a small degree, for which I really don't see a reason.

Second, I don't think the description of the option and its results, both in flavor text and in stats, match each other. The student is said to be a proponent of socialism. But then in the results, all the suggested social policies make a bunch of frat houses spring up? I don't know about you, but at my university, the socialists and the frat bros are diametrically opposed groups. Would be great if the option text could be adapted to better fit the results, or vice versa.
At the Behest of the People of East Angria, a.k.a. the Anarchist Commune of Sassony — a free territory covering most of the Low Countries, northern and western Germany, and continental Denmark, with a distinct social anarchist, pacifist, and solarpunk vibe.
This nation uses all Nation States stats except where it doesn't make sense. See our Factbook for more information.
Pro: Anarchism, libertarianism, socialism, communism, cooperation, peace, science, spirituality, social progress, mutual aid, the environment, and individual empowerment.
Contra: Totalitarianism, all forms of authority and hierarchy, fascism, capitalism, nationalism, competition, organized religion, conservatism, primitivism, consumerism, and victimization.

User avatar
The Marsupial Illuminati
Issues Editor
 
Posts: 486
Founded: Jul 24, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby The Marsupial Illuminati » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:44 am

East Angria wrote:I just answered issue 910 with option 4 with Seswenna.

First, this reduced civil rights to a small degree, for which I really don't see a reason.

Second, I don't think the description of the option and its results, both in flavor text and in stats, match each other. The student is said to be a proponent of socialism. But then in the results, all the suggested social policies make a bunch of frat houses spring up? I don't know about you, but at my university, the socialists and the frat bros are diametrically opposed groups. Would be great if the option text could be adapted to better fit the results, or vice versa.

You made college education mandatory for every person in your nation. That is why your civil rights stat went down.

As for your second point, requiring all people to attend college does not mean that all those people will be socialists and thus hate frat parties. What stats are you referring to?
Last edited by The Marsupial Illuminati on Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
Trotterdam
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6185
Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:20 am

Technically, the option just says that the speaker "has just completed a college paper on socialism", so the paper in question could just as easily be an endorsement as a criticism, so long as it's about that topic. The context does imply the speaker is probably in favor, though.

User avatar
Snowman
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 123
Founded: Dec 31, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Snowman » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:03 am

I don't know if it is unusual or not, apologize in advance

Snowman had a non-existen military. Now it has a very small military, but nevertheless. Usually it goes from negative value to zero then positive again. I was wondering why such a big jump

Issue answered 5-10 minutes before this post
Issue #135 option 2
Defense forces from negative value to positive one

I only meant to raise taxes to fund existing programs. The military is mentioned no where. Closest thing was police force

User avatar
Topiatopia
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: Aug 01, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Topiatopia » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:14 am

Issue: "Clash of Cultures"

This one made me think for a few minutes, since I could see the reasoning behind most of the options, but I ended up picking the option to actively end segregation, even if it meant forcing families to relocate.

Results I don't entirely understand:
1. Social Conservatism increased
2. Intelligence decreased (Intelligence in general is a stat I don't fully understand)

I don't remember the issue number-- I apologize.

PreviousNext

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Candensia

Remove ads