NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Flavor-Aid Marmalade

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
User avatar
Galway-Dublin
Attaché
 
Posts: 81
Founded: Nov 28, 2015
Mother Knows Best State

[DRAFT] Flavor-Aid Marmalade

Postby Galway-Dublin » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:06 am

Validity: Valid only for nations in which emigration from the country is legal/possible.

[desc]The government of Blackacre reported earlier today that a mass, cult-like suicide had occurred in the Blackacren city of Bonestown, with 906 deaths reported. The newsflash might have been ignored by your government, except for the fact that exactly 892 of the dead were identified by coroners as being @@DEMONYMNOUN@@ citizens. Upon further investigation, it turns out that the mass migration and suicide to Bonestown was organized and coordinated by @@DEMONYMNOUN@@ citizens within @@NAME@@ itself. The group which organized it is known as the Citizens' Chapel Cultivation Concept, a radical, cult-like religious movement that has the public in shock.

[option]"How could the government let this happen?" Cries @@RANDOMFEMALENAME@@, "If the government had stepped in and halted this 'Citizens' Chapel Cultivation Concept' my son wouldn't be dead a thousand miles away! The government must focus on defending its citizenry from wacko cults such as the Citizens' Chapel, even if it means government surveillance of private religious groups with potentially nutty intent! Please, @@LEADER@@, action must be taken against these wackos to prevent this kind of event from again happening!
[effect]children have their baptisms taped in the name of public safety.
[stats]Authoritarianism increases, civil rights decrease, religiousness decreases, secularism increases(?)

[option]"Heresy!" Interrupts @@RANDOMMALENAME@@ of the order of Violet, chewing on a rat's head. "Sure, there might be some wacky groups that cite religion to commit atrocities, but I say that those consist of the minority of religious sects! I demand, for my own and for other religious groups, privacy from government encroachment in the name of security! He holds the rat head in front of your face, "Want a lick?"
[effect]religious movements such as "Mass Death for God" march freely in the streets without government opposition.
[stats]Probably the exact opposite of option 1's stats, and may increase inclusiveness?

[option]"I don't believe in indiscriminate discrimination either, but we should take passive steps to prevent this kind of atrocity from happening again, be it religiously based or just a cult," migration studies professor @@RANDOMNAME@@ says. "Our records show a surge of migrations to Bonestown in the months leading up to this suicide, around the same time the Citizens' Chapel was promoting migration to the area to establish a commune. We can use this kind of information in the future to stop citizens from meeting potentially lethal ends in the foreign lands, and potentially use the info to forcefully dissolve organizations that push for things like this.
[effect]@@DEMONYMNOUN@@ myface groups for trips to tropical vacation resorts are regularly shut down in the name of national security
[stats]Authoritarianism increases, civil rights decrease(?)

(For those not in the know, this is a reference to the infamous Jonestown mass suicide)
Last edited by Galway-Dublin on Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
LoveisLove

Author of issue 674: Let them eat rainbow cake!

IC: Galway-Dublin is a Corporatist, Semi-Authoritarian, Semi-Absolute Monarchy. The head of state is determined by birthright due to the monarchical nature of the basis of the country, and the head of government is elected by Parliament, in which a sole political party is legal. Big on civil liberties despite the limitation of political ones.

OOC: Transgirl Green party scum. Anti-TERF

User avatar
Australian Republic
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8209
Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Australian Republic » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:57 pm

Nice idea, but option 1. HOW are you aupposed to stop these things from happening? Until it did, you didn't even know it was going to

Also, how did these terrorists manage to kill @@DENONYMPLURAL@@? Were they intending to? Or were they just too stupid to do maybe an hour of research about where @@DENONYMADJECTIVE@@ tourists to Blackacre like to hang out?
I don't spend every minute of my life on NationStates. Please stop asking me why I haven't replied to you. I'll get to it when I can. If it's been 3 days, then you can ask me, also, NationStates is my homepage. Just because I was online doesn't mean I didn't immediately click away
Australian of Greek ancestry ΕΛΛΗΝΑΣ!!! Orthodox Christian
My blog4
4 published issues Storefronts

User avatar
Drayxaso
Envoy
 
Posts: 244
Founded: May 09, 2015
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Drayxaso » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:03 pm

Australian Republic wrote:Nice idea, but option 1. HOW are you aupposed to stop these things from happening? Until it did, you didn't even know it was going to

Also, how did these terrorists manage to kill @@DENONYMPLURAL@@? Were they intending to? Or were they just too stupid to do maybe an hour of research about where @@DENONYMADJECTIVE@@ tourists to Blackacre like to hang out?

Terrorists? This is about a mass suicide, not a terrorist attack.
The Great Devourer of All wrote:"Bring the ship about, helmsman! The Klingons are firing on us!"
"I can't, sir! My knees hurt like hell and my back is cramped in a thousand places. The Klingons might as well put me out of my misery!"

Neanderthaland wrote:Looks like the DPRK is in need of a new buyer. Someone more aligned to their political philosophy.


Now if only there were someone out there who needed massive amounts of coal. Someone with a cult of personality and a keen interest in surveillance. Someone who sees you when your sleeping. Who knows when you're awake.
(@.0) Put this in your sig if you support the Borg

User avatar
Australian Republic
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8209
Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Australian Republic » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:32 pm

Drayxaso wrote:
Australian Republic wrote:Nice idea, but option 1. HOW are you aupposed to stop these things from happening? Until it did, you didn't even know it was going to

Also, how did these terrorists manage to kill @@DENONYMPLURAL@@? Were they intending to? Or were they just too stupid to do maybe an hour of research about where @@DENONYMADJECTIVE@@ tourists to Blackacre like to hang out?

Terrorists? This is about a mass suicide, not a terrorist attack.

The question still stands, though I add apathy to the list
I don't spend every minute of my life on NationStates. Please stop asking me why I haven't replied to you. I'll get to it when I can. If it's been 3 days, then you can ask me, also, NationStates is my homepage. Just because I was online doesn't mean I didn't immediately click away
Australian of Greek ancestry ΕΛΛΗΝΑΣ!!! Orthodox Christian
My blog4
4 published issues Storefronts

User avatar
Drayxaso
Envoy
 
Posts: 244
Founded: May 09, 2015
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Drayxaso » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:05 pm

Australian Republic wrote:
Drayxaso wrote:Terrorists? This is about a mass suicide, not a terrorist attack.

The question still stands, though I add apathy to the list

What? The mass suicide was by a bunch of @@DENONYMPLURAL@@ who migrated to Blackacre.
The Great Devourer of All wrote:"Bring the ship about, helmsman! The Klingons are firing on us!"
"I can't, sir! My knees hurt like hell and my back is cramped in a thousand places. The Klingons might as well put me out of my misery!"

Neanderthaland wrote:Looks like the DPRK is in need of a new buyer. Someone more aligned to their political philosophy.


Now if only there were someone out there who needed massive amounts of coal. Someone with a cult of personality and a keen interest in surveillance. Someone who sees you when your sleeping. Who knows when you're awake.
(@.0) Put this in your sig if you support the Borg


Return to Got Issues?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Remove ads