NATION

PASSWORD

The Founderless Regions Alliance

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Neasmyrna
Envoy

Founded: Mar 09, 2007
Anarchy

Re: The Founderless Regions Alliance

Postby Neasmyrna » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:06 pm

dang sedgie :P

I'm going to have to file a complaint or something :P

Everyone knows zero's come before letters in NS...

urgh :P
Founder of 00000 A World Power

You're welcome to visit our forum at:

The Sedge
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 25, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sedge » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:26 am

Fine... put AWP back at the top of the list, and updated the first post with region links, and a list of regions we have embassies with.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:08 pm

From the office of the Arch Chancellor

Good day everyone,

Once more it is time for a report on the recent goings on in the FRA. This will be the penultimate one by myself however as my term ends at the start of October. It has been my pleasure leading such a capable group of people, but I will go more into that in my last report of the term.

My first point of contact in this report is Foreign Affairs. Throughout this term so far we have been implementing a new FA policy, which has thus far been very successful. We have recently opened four new embassies with regions we wish to work with on some level and while there are no plans to open any more, we won’t refuse to look at potential new additions in the future.

On this same note, a new masking system has recently been implemented in the FRA. This has seen limitations being placed upon the original ‘members’ group, which has now been renamed ‘Validating’, and the creation of a ‘Diplomat’ and ‘Known Invader’ group. This is to allow greater security for our friends from other regions and potential new members. If you are on the FRA forums and do not believe you have the correct mask, post a request for a masking change in the relevant topics (member region and diplomat request thread respectively) and an admin will change it when they can.

The Regional Assembly have been fairly busy as of late, with a number of votes and discussions taking place. The region of Daxam had their membership application defeated, while the application of New Liberalia is currently at vote. The RA has also passed the Charter amendment which has seen the recreation of the Regional Recruitment Officer post which was removed from the charter last term. Due to elections only being two weeks away, the position has been temporarily filled by Wopruthien. The most interesting debate currently on the floor is about converting the boards to Zetaboards. While most are in favour, a few issues have arisen, so its unlikely this issue will be solved before the next update.
Halcyon has also been welcomed back into the Regional Assembly after being chosen by his home region to be their new regional representative in the Assembly.

The FRA Rangers have once again been busy since the last update, taking part in 7 liberations and 6 non-updater actions. This is a slight decrease on the last report, but this is down to a number of Invaders being held up in Feudal Japan, and with the end of the summer break. I am very pleased with how well the Rangers have adapted to the second update. This has helped us to minimise the time a region is in invader hands.

That sums up the last two weeks in the FRA. If you have any questions please visit the FRA forums and contact myself as I will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

Northern Chittowa
Arch Chancellor of the Founderless Regions Alliance

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:39 am

From the office of the Arch-Chancellor

Good day everyone,

I should start by saying that this shall be my final report, as elections are due to begin at the start of October and I shall not be running for a second term. This is down to a number of reasons, but none more so than the fact I am getting to the point in my life where the real world has to take priority over that of the NS world. It has been an honour and a privilege this term to work with the people in my cabinet, who I maintain are the best cabinet I have ever worked with.

Now on to business; I shall first of all report on our Foreign Affairs activity. The FA sector has been fairly quiet compared to other months, with only one embassy being reopened with The West Pacific since the last update, however work behind the scenes to strengthen existing ties have been gathering pace and I am pleased to report that this has had a great effect upon mission planning and other, less tactical, areas.

Following the recreation of the Regional Recruitment Officer Post last update, we have seen great progress made on enticing new members into the alliance. At last count 50 regions are being discussed and examined for possible membership. This is not to say that all 50 will be contacted however. Since the post was recreated we have seen an increase in new membership applications with The United Kingdom, The Royal Federation of Nations, Inner Mongolia and Union of Scaro Alliance requesting to join – The latter two applications has recently been taken to vote in the Regional Assembly and shall be informed of the decision at the start of the coming week.

The Regional Assembly has again been quite quiet compared to previous weeks however there’s still news to report. New Liberalia’s membership application was rejected, while voting is currently taking place upon the membership applications of Inner Mongolia and Union of Scaro Alliance. The assembly has recently debated the small charter change of renaming the Deputy Arch-Chancellor position to that of Vice-Chancellor which has actually caused quite a stir, with other names being suggested such as Manbearchancellor and Executive Senior Vice Mini Deputy Arch Under-Chancellor receiving quite a bit of support.

Once again the Rangers have been quite busy taking part in 7 updater missions and 5 non updater missions. This may be a slight drop compared to previous reports, however it should be noted that invaders have now adapted to the new update time and are actually providing a challenge. We do have a number of long term missions taking place at this current time as well, however due to their nature I cannot go into the details.

That just about sums up the last two weeks in the FRA, and for this final time if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Northern Chittowa
Arch-Chancellor of the Founderless regions Alliance

I should also add that we've got elections starting on October 1st, so if you're interested in participating in them, or just want to observe, then head on over to our forums

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:41 pm

2 Updates, one on Feudal Japan, the other on our elections:

FRA elections

FRA elections started for all Cabinet positions just moments ago. The schedule for elections is as follows:

-3 days of nominations (held in the Independent Assembly)

-3 days of campaigning (with manifestos posted here)

-3 days of voting, by Regional Assembly representatives

The following positions are up for election:

Arch Chancellor - leader of the alliance

Chief of Defence Force - runs the FRA Rangers, and has sole power over admittance to them

Intelligence Minister - runs the FRA intel department

Regional Recruitment Officer - a newly (re-)created position, the RRO is in charge of searching for, and contacting regions about FRA membership

Speaker of the Assembly - must be a Regional Assembly rep, is responsible for moderating the Assembly, and organising votes

At least 2 Cabinet members are stepping down, so now is a perfect opportunity to get involved.

Appointed Deputy positions are also available, with the Chief of Defence Force usually appointing 2-3 deputies, and the Arch Chancellor obliged to appoint a Vice Chancellor, who takes charge of Foreign Affairs. If you're interested in a deputy position, you are advised to speak to the Cabinet members when they are elected.

Please note that only members of FRA member regions are eligible for positions.

If you're interested in participating, please visit out forums: http://z7.invisionfree.invalid/FRA

Special report from the Office of the Arch-Chancellor.

Good day everyone,

Following a recent high profile operation by the Rangers of the FRA I thought that it would be best to release a special report from my office detailing the events and actions taken by officials and Rangers of the FRA and its affiliated partners.

The Region of Feudal Japan was liberated last night by a collation of defenders following 676 days of invader rule. This operation has been in the planning stages for over a month with every detail being studied meticulously before any plans were finalised and sent out to troops. This is a credit to the patience and will of all defenders and should prove, once and for all, that we will not give up on any region regardless of how long it has been under occupation.

The FRA played a key role during this operation, from the creation and successful approval of the original liberation proposal to the planning and implementation of the liberation which saw 35 nations move into the region simultaneously in under one minute. This is of huge credit to the upper chain of command in the Rangers who managed to keep control of such a large force with relative ease.

This operation however is far from over. There is a lot more work to do to allow the natives of Feudal Japan to live freely and safely once more but I can promise you that it will happen one day. A final note to all invaders; you laughed and declared a victory when the region was not liberated as soon as proposal 6 came into effect, you danced in the streets proclaiming your superiority and patted each other on the back to say a job well done. You dared to think that defenders would just sit back and forget about the region and would not be willing to wait till the time is right. Well I am glad to point out and say that yet again you were wrong. I will close with what I said at the end of the Belgium operation - No matter how secure you think you are, no matter what tactics you use, defenders will always find a way to break you down.

Honoro, Respectus, Integritas

Northern Chittowa
Current Arch-Chancellor of the Founderless Regions Alliance

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:40 pm

Good day everyone,

I'm writing this update as the newly elected Arch Chancellor of the FRA. We have just completed our latest round of elections, and now have a Cabinet to take us until the end of the year. The previous term was extremely succesful, and I hope that we can continue this success - if the previous term was about re-building, this new one is about continuity and fine-tuning.

The Cabinet has seen a few changes, with Cocodian becoming Speaker of the Assembly, with Neasmyrna replacing him as Chief of Defence Force. Falconias and Wopruthien continue in their respective roles of Intelligence Minister and Regional Recruitment Officer. I have appointed two relative newcomers to the FRA as Vice Chancellors - Spartzerina of The Council of Narnia, and Docky of Inner Mongolia. They shall be running most of the FRA's foreign affairs, though I will be maintaining a presence around our embassies too.

Since the last update, we have welcomed 4 new member regions to the FRA - Inner Mongolia, Royal Federation of Nations and The United Kingdom. Union of Scaro Alliance also joined the FRA - however, they resigned just days later after their founder decided to abandon the region.

The other major change we've seen is the conversion of the forums from Invisionfree to Zetaboards. This change was decided upon because of the superiority of zetaboards forums, and although there were a few minor bugs in the conversion process, the results seem good. Although the forum appearance has changed, it is still similar to the original appearance - and I'd like to thank Defectivity and Kobold for their help with that. For those not familiar with the process of conversion, I'd like to assure them that all topic/posts/accounts are kept, and that the old forum urls still work.

In other news, the Rangers have been busy cementing the liberation of Feudal Japan, which is now thankfully back in the hands of its native delegate. A repeal of the original 'Liberation Resolution' means that the region will soon be passworded, in order to aid re-founding by the natives. The Regional and Independent Assemblies have been busy recently, with the most recent change being the altering of the 'Deputy Arch Chancellor' position to 'Vice Chancellor'.

That is a fairly good summary of the last couple of weeks, and you can look forward to another update in 2 weeks time.

Sedge
Arch Chancellor of the Founderless regions Alliance

Also should note I updated the first post (again) recently to include the new cabinet & new member regions.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:56 am

Good day everyone,

We've now had our first couple of weeks with the new Cabinet, and things seem to be going reasonably well. Forum activity has been incredibly high, partly due to our resident spammers, and we just broke our record for the most posts in a month.

However, we have been up to some serious business too. The FRA Rangers have spent most of the month concentrating on a couple of regions which were under invader occupation - Sweden and Austria. We've also had several smaller-scale defences in region such as Southern Africa and Isle of Grun, and liberations of 4chan and Second Star to the Right. We've had several new members join the Rangers - membership is up 15% since the last count, so we'll be getting them trained up and active during this month.

Our Foreign Affairs team has approved an embassy request from the International Security Initiative, a new multi-regional organisation which appears to have a lot of potential. We declined an embassy request from Leone, on the grounds that there was little chance of us working together. Ambassador postings have been finalised, so this update will be posted in our embassies by either Docky, Spartzerina or myself.

The Regional Recruitment department has been working away steadily, and we are anticipating at least one application for FRA membership in the coming weeks. FRA Intelligence has made progress, with new agents recruited, and two new Deputy Intel Ministers gaining experience within the department.

A brief update on Feudal Japan is that the region is now safely passworded, and the original invader delegate (Groznia) has CTEd. The natives are continuing with their plans to re-found.

Thats all for the last couple of weeks, and there'll be another one of these updates in 2 weeks time.

Sedge

Falconias, a long-serving member of the FRA, and Intelligence Minister resigned from the FRA a couple of days ago, and has now retired from defending. We'll be electing a replacement soon, and more on that will be included in the next update.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:51 pm

Good day everyone,

The FRA has been busy the last couple of weeks, with lots of stuff going on.

Firstly, Falconias has retired from defending, meaning that the position of Intelligence Minister was vacant. An election saw Numero Capitan and Dyr Nasad win as joint ministers (they ran together), with Danubium a close runner up. We are expecting lots of activity from our intel department as a result of this change.

The FRA Rangers have seen a relatively uneventful couple of weeks, as invasions have slowed down. They've participated in a few small scale defences of regions such as Islam and South America. Faconias became the first member to attain the necessary mission points to be promoted to the top rank - General of the Alliance, which was confirmed by the Regional Assembly.

We have got a large scale training mission planned, to 'blood' some of the newer members to the FRA. More information can be found in this thread on our forums.

The Independent and Regional Assemblies have been busy, with the first 'Cabinet Ministers Questions' starting. This mid-term review, the first of its kind, allows anyone involved in the FRA to ask questions of Cabinet members in the Independent Assembly.

In preparation for next year's Defender Awards, a review of the awards has been started in this thread in the Independent Assembly. One change which is likely to be adopted is the naming of the 'Updater of the Year' award after Sir Lans.

In other news, the Regional Recruitment Department has started a new scheme, whereby Liason Officers are assigned to new member regions to assist them in adapting to FRA membership. The FRA also saw an increase of over 100 nations since the last count of its member regions population. Currently, 3.139% of NS nations reside in FRA member regions.

Sedge

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:44 pm

FRA members who've made a big impact on the organisation get an interview when they retire. Here's one with Falconias, who retired from defending a couple of weeks ago:

1. Why are you retiring from defending? Is there any chance of a return?
I'm retiring from defending because it just sort of dawned on me one day that never in my life had I done something almost non-stop for over 4 years without taking a break. I generally am a lazy person and I could not do a task every day for more than a week, let alone several dozen weeks at a time only taking a day off when I absolutely had to. NationStates was not my priority but it became a responsibility I became obsessed with, and obsessed with becoming greater. I think when I realized I should retire, it was the point at which I had done all I wanted to do. Is there a chance of return? Most certainly but the magnitude of that chance has yet to be seen. We'll see how things go come the holiday season and beyond, but a return before late next spring would likely not happen.

2. What first attracted you to defending when you joined NationStates?
I just went with the flow. I was recruited into the Renegade Islands Alliance by Tierra de Madre, a region which sadly has almost completely faded from memory, and whose two remaining players are Shizensky (10000 Islands) and myself. For nearly two years I was a defender with the Renegade Islands Alliance Special Forces, and despite my infamous run-ins with Pope Hope, Gasponia and the ADN which I learned to dislike very, very quickly, defending as an actual game ideology did not strike me as purposeful until loved RIA citizens New Marsala and NoSultan revealed themselves as Jargongrad and Meridianland of DEN, respectively, and deleted almost all of the RIA's defence, intelligence, immigration and Senate threads. It was then I developed a rivalry and hatred towards raiders, and I became a full-fledged defender.

3. What made you want to get involved in the FRA?
Well, when the RIA fell, my next home region was Peaceian, which I became fully involved with. At the time, the ADN was now called the DSA, and was not well received in Peaceian. I had just resigned my position as Commanding Officer of the Central Defense Army due to irreconcilable differences with the senior administration who refused to allow me to run the CDA with my sometimes unpopular high-risk, high-return way of defending. It was Chin-Chillas who then signed Peaceian up for the FRA and encouraged me to join, and I immediately became immensely involved with the organization. It felt much more homely than the ADN and the RLA, both of which I had been involved with previously.

4. You've held many positions in the FRA - including Arch Chancellor, Chief of Defence Force, and Intelligence Minister. Which one was your favourite?
Certainly not Arch-Chancellor. I wish I had more time for when I took on the AC position because I think the FRA stagnated a little bit when I became AC. My time as Chief of Defence was at times okay, and at times great. I think one of the highlights of my defending career was October-March 2008/2009, when I was a regular updater due to university, no longer having a bed-time and owning my own laptop. I took on Chief of Defence around then and I believe I was highly effective, if not controversial on occasion. However, my favourite was without a doubt Minister of Intelligence. In my last two terms of MoI I think we all knew I was not on top of my game and I was trying to collect pieces from Numero's administration and place them into my own. My first 4 terms of MoI, before Numero became MoI, were much more fun. I loved infiltrating LWU, Invaders Army, TBH and Blades of Conquest, and taking down the latter. I loved pissing off Shell (to the point where she nearly griefed an FRA member region), essentially chasing Meridianland out of the game, and overall causing a great deal of ruckus. I think to date it has earned me more respect from the raider world than the defender world, and if not respect, it has certainly caused raiders to overestimate my achievements and in some cases, place me atop their most hated/most feared (no joke) lists.

5. Whats your favourite, and least favourite memory you have from your involvement in the FRA?
Well my least favourite memory was probably the mess I made of relations with Equilism. I am not known for my cool tongue and it lost me a great deal of respect from the defender world when I was arguing with Equilism. My favourite memory was likely The North Pacific crisis. Highlights include Flemingovia's satire, the Nikocujo incident (terminating our interests), Kharkistania randomly coming out with the Crimson Order scandal and more or less the whole incident blowing up in Westwind's face and effectively ending his NationStates prominence. He truly fell from grace following that affair.

6. What do you think the future holds for the FRA?
That depends largely on the future of NationStates, and the future of invaders. I think intelligence has got to start playing a stronger factor in spotting and preventing invasions, and we need a higher-octane defence corps who are trained to spot and prevent invasions by themselves. The way our military is set up right now, too few people believe they have the power to issue orders, and I think we have been lulled into a false sense of security by the new Liberation function in the World Assembly.

7. You've been involved in many regions - which one have you felt the most attachment to?
Well, it's Equinox now. Equinox has been a pretty good success considering my last two attempts at founding a region, and we've been around since June 2008. I enjoy going to the forums, spamming and playing NS with the people on there because it has a very informal atmosphere. Nothing is sacred on the forums, the guilds all get along, we have very few conflicts between members and it's just a very everyone-loves-everyone atmosphere and the people who are not prepared to love everyone are quickly ushered out of the region. It's very nice and I enjoy it there. However, I still will always consider myself attached to the Renegade Islands Alliance. It's dead now, but it is my #1 home.

8. Which people in NationStates have you/do you admire the most?
That is a difficult question. The ones I can think of at the moment I admire the most would be Northern Chittowa, Red Back, HEM, Todd McCloud, Flemingovia and Anime Daisuki. Northern Chittowa for obvious reasons; Red Back for being a respectful, tactful invader who is a damn good invader but is a pleasant person to talk to as well (he's a Senator in Equinox at the moment); HEM for being such a resilient founder and one of the most intelligent people in the game given his age; Todd McCloud I simply have a great deal of respect for as being a sort of reasonable person within the game who nobody has any reason to hate, and some of our best battles have come against him; Flemingovia because of the TNP incident, being an incredible intellectual and someone that actually awes me to speak with; and Anime Daisuki for his incredible jar of knowledge and neverending efforts to the defender and intelligence cause.

9. You're in a dark alley, and about to be attacked by a gang of thugs - who would you rather have watching your back - Neas or DYP?
Lol. You can't really evaluate levels of trust based on a game, but I trust DYP more than almost anyone in this game. Not to mention DYP wouldn't hesitate to kick the shit out of someone whereas Neas would... be... too... busy... thinking... things... through... and... coming... up... with... the... longest... strategy... possible.

10. And my favourite question - Shell or Govindia?
Surprisingly, Govindia.

The rest of Falc's answer to question 10 had to be cut, as it wasn't really suitable for this forum :P There'll be an interview with Northern Chittowa posted soon.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:10 am

And the interview with NC:

1. Why are you leaving NationStates? We've seen you retire beforehand - is there any chance of another return?
Nationstates has been a big part of my life now for about 5 years, so its not something i decided to do lightly. This time however im ‘leaving’ due to real life commitments. Back when i started i was still at high school, and as such could spend a fair amount of time on NS without the need to worry about deadlines, social engagements and all that jazz but now im in my last year of university and as such i have a hell of a lot on my plate. Deadlines are coming up fast, and as my results actually do matter and are of great importance for the rest of my life, the time had come to put NS to one side for now and concentrate on other matters.

I will probably be back i would say...No one ever leaves NS for long, but for now im quite content to just pop in occasionally and see whats going on, without the commitments that the game can bring, especially when your in a government type position.

2. How did you first become involved in NS? More importantly, what made you pick the name 'Northern Chittowa'?
I saw a link to the site in someones signature on the CivFanatics forums, thought i would check it out and got hooked. Nothing to exciting to report there im afraid =P
As for my name, well, i wanted something which sounded like a country and while i was looking for ideas something came onto the TV about Chihuahuas (pretty random i know), so i changed the spelling to make it sound more tribal and just decided to add Northern onto it to give it that extra ‘country’ feel.

3. Was the Global Right Alliance the first region you got involved in? How did you end up there?
No it wasn’t. I joined the GRA about 4/5 months after i started playing as NC, but before that i was in the region of Abyss. I have a lot of good memories from that place, so it was a great shame when it went under.
At the time of joining the GRA, i was mainly playing under a different nation, Maximum Depreciation, and as such i was using ‘NC’ to have a look at certain regions. I got a telegram from South Lands asking me to join them, and so i did!

4. When you founded the FRA along with BKB and TM, what kind of expectations did you have for it?
The FRA has changed a great deal since its foundation. Indeed, it was created at the time of the ADN, RLA and even though it was dying at this point in the time, the CDA as well. As such, the FRA was never expected to become what it is today, the premier multi-regional defender organisation. Indeed, BKB had originally wanted to help regions we defended by offering them redevelopment assistance. We unfortunately never did that to the degree that we had hoped, however i do believe that the organisation still maintains the need for that, as we have proved down the years by helping numerous regions refound safely.

5. How do you think the FRA has fared overall over the last 3 years? How do you think it'll fare in the future?
Overall it has fared brilliantly in my opinion. No one, least of all the founders expected it to become the main defender organisation in the game. The collapse of the ADN and RLA shocked us all, and so for it to be thrust into the spotlight so soon after its creation was a shock to the system. Its had its fair share of ups and downs of course, there was a couple of times i thought the place would go under, but i think it is a testament to those involved that it didn’t.

The FRA will continue to do well as long as it continues to evolve and does not make the mistake of its predecessors; that is believing itself to be the be all and end all of defending. Thats what almost brought it down last time, but as long as it learns from the past it will be more than fine.

6. NationStates seems to have stabilised, and the game admins are introducing lots of new features - what affect do you think these will have on NationStates as a whole, and the FRA?
Indeed it has! I have not seen so many online at certain points for a very long time, so its very pleasing to see. I think the whole idea of an NS2 was the thing that was slowly killing NS1. The belief that it was incompetent, and that for some reason just because it was old and simple it had to be replaced was the main reason of its decline over the last few years, so i suppose the farce that was NS2 in the end proved to be a blessing in disguise...
I am immensely happy that the admins are now taking an ever increasing proactive role within the game, as it has given it the boost it needed. The new features are great news, from the small ones such as links in the WFE’s et al to the bigger inclusions of liberations and commendations/condemnations have had a huge effect already, and we have only touched the surface. The liberations for instance have already shown how useful they can be. Its the extra help we needed to prevent complete lockdowns of regions and finally stops the griefing which was going unchecked since influence was introduced. The overall effect will be the popularity of the game. There is no reason why this game could not run for another ten years as long as the admins continue to make changes and talk to the players about how they feel.

7. What was your favourite moment in NationStates, and your least favourite moment?
Dear me, theres just to many to think of really. One of my most remembered and remember quite fondly would be the invasion of Palastine by GB&I et al. It was one of the first defences i went on and the immense numbers involved took me by awe. Indeed, it was the background dealings, the diplomatic propaganda and the basic strategic process of getting many people from many different timezones moving into one area in a short amount of time which really made me want to move up in NS. Other favourite moments would have to be any time i moved against the Jolly Roger, being crowned the King of Lazarus and creating the FRA.
Least favourite would have to be when i was forced out of government of the GRA, and sometimes most of the bickering that went on there...Sometimes it could really drive you down and indeed make coming to NS a chore rather than a joy.

8. Which people in NationStates have you/do you admire the most? And perhaps those you admire the least...?
Theres a number really. Monadnock from Abyss was a great inspiration. She was a great diplomat and when she went, not only did Abyss mourn, but so did a fair few of the NS big guns of the time. She had a great knack when it came to the UN and taught be a great deal. Others would be Eurosoviets, BlackBird, Moo cows with guns, Sir Lans. Of course, those are defenders, but from the invader side Evil Wolf is someone ive always liked.

Theres also Dipes as well really, just for his ability to get anyone from any side of NS to like him! He was also a pretty funny chap at times.

9. FRA or GRA?
Oh, now thats a tough one...The FRA for what it has become has given me great pride, and for general joy of NS i would chose that one, yet the GRA has so much character, and so many characters within it that i couldn’t play NS without being part of that in some way. Each have their own special things, so i couldn’t chose one or the other im afraid.

10. And the most important question of all - who would win in a fight - BKB or TM?
Oh TM easily...BKB would either be drunk or run away ;)

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:28 am

Good day everyone,

We've had another positive couple of weeks, with all the departments hard at work.

The Rangers have been busy as ever, spotting and defending several regions, as well as carrying out liberations. Our Intel Department has seen a new surge of activity, thanks to the new Ministers of Intelligence, and several new agents have been recruited.

The Regional Recruitment Department has seen a long-awaited application from The Last Kingdom, which is currently under consideration. There are a couple more potential member regions being lined up, and I will hopefully be able to say more about that in the future. The Vice Chancellors accepted an embassy request from The Walbard Union, and are looking at a number of projects to expand their roles from just maintaining embassies.

The Assemblies have been busy, with the first Cabinet Ministers Questions concluding, as a reasonable success. The introduction of 'protectorate' status for smaller member regions which are no longer able to fulfill their responsibilities as FRA members is being discussed currently, as well as Northern Chittowa's suggestion of merging the Independent and Regional Assemblies.

Finally, the best news is that Feudal Japan has been successfully re-founded. This FRA-led mission, which started several months ago, saw a liberation resolution passed, the region liberated by a massive combined defender army, the liberation resolution repealed to allow a password to be put back on, and then the re-founding. We are now looking at extending our diplomatic relations with Feudal Japan, and wish them the best in their re-building. I believe that this success demonstrates to the NationStates world the good that defenders do for communities.

Thank you for reading, the next update will be delivered in two weeks.

Sedge

Domino Domination
Civilian

Founded: May 28, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Domino Domination » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:15 am

Sedgistan wrote:
2. What first attracted you to defending when you joined NationStates?
I just went with the flow. I was recruited into the Renegade Islands Alliance by Tierra de Madre, a region which sadly has almost completely faded from memory, and whose two remaining players are Shizensky (10000 Islands) and myself. For nearly two years I was a defender with the Renegade Islands Alliance Special Forces, and despite my infamous run-ins with Pope Hope, Gasponia and the ADN which I learned to dislike very, very quickly, defending as an actual game ideology did not strike me as purposeful until loved RIA citizens New Marsala and NoSultan revealed themselves as Jargongrad and Meridianland of DEN, respectively, and deleted almost all of the RIA's defence, intelligence, immigration and Senate threads. It was then I developed a rivalry and hatred towards raiders, and I became a full-fledged defender.

Thanks for the shout-out... jerk.

:p

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:30 pm

From the Office of the Vice Chancellor

Good day everyone,

First of all, I must apologize for getting this update completed so late, because of several complications. We’ve had yet another positive couple of weeks, with many of our departments hard at work, and with The Last Kingdom joining the alliance.

The Rangers have upped their spotting capabilities, defending and liberating many regions, and assisting Royal Federation of Nations, one of our member regions, when its founder and delegate Blluedevil was deleted by the mods. Our Intel Department has seen a new surge of activity, thanks to the new Ministers of Intelligence, and several new agents have been recruited.

The Regional Recruitment department has been focusing on guiding through TLK's application, and one of the Vice Chancellors has been especially busy filling in for Sedge, who was absent for the last several days, which is why this update was written by the Vice Chancellor.

The Regional Assembly has been busy, voting on two Charter edits and The Last Kingdom's membership application in the last fortnight, all of which have passed. One of these Charter edits was to merge our Independent and Regional Assemblies into one Regional Assembly.

The Regional Assembly is also debating over repealing the IA/RA Etiquette law, and downgrading Peaceian’s membership status to protectorate, a new membership status available only to member regions who no longer have the ability to fulfill the Charter, yet still wish to be member regions.

Looking ahead, the elections are coming up next month, and preparations are well underway for the Defender Awards that are coming up next year.

That's all for the last couple of weeks, and there will be another one of these updates in 1 or 2 weeks.

Spartzerina
Vice Chancellor of the Founderless Regions Alliance

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Update: End of term, Cabinet elections etc.

Postby Sedgistan » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:51 pm

From the Office of the Arch Chancellor

Good day everyone,

Its been 3 weeks since the last update - because it was felt best that I didn't force Cabinet members to deliver reports on Christmas Day... Its also 3 months since our Cabinet took office, which means we've got elections on now. These are taking place in the Regional Assembly, with nominations open for all elected positions. I would urge anyone who wants to take part to visit the forums as soon as possible - nominations will close on the 5th of January.

The last few weeks have understandably been quieter, due to the Christmas holidays, and several members being away, or less active.

As far as the term goes, I think we've successfull consolidated the improvements we saw last term. The Regional Recruitment Department has done extremely well, with the membership of Royal Federation of Nations and The United Kingdom massively increasing our capabilities. We've also seen Inner Mongolia and The Last Kingdom join the alliance.

The Rangers have continued their success, with a particular improvement in spotting. Some newer Rangers like Wopruthien and Dyr Nasad have come to the fore, as Neasmyrna has been less active due to school work.

The Assembly has been reformed, with the old Independent Assembly merged into the Regional Assembly, to avoid having parallel debates. Additionally, the introdution of the Cabinet Ministers' Questions has allowed FRA members to hold Cabinet members accountable during the middle of their terms. Perhaps the best sign of our success has been the modification of the Etiquette Law, now that assembly members have improved on their politeness.

I can't say too much about the Intel Department, for obvious reasons, but I can say this - its been extremely successful under Dyr Nasad and Numero Capitan, and has both expanded and become more organised.

Both Vice Chancellors have gained valuable experience within the organisation, and I hope to see them step up into other leadership roles soon, either in the Cabinet, or assisting it. Thanks to them, we've been able to maintain our system of embassies with regular updates.

Aside from a new Cabinet, the new year also means the 4th Annual Defender Awards is coming soon - you will be hearing more about this in the next week.

In other news, we've seen long-term FRA member Falconias depart the alliance, due to him wanting a new challenge.

Thats all for this term, and I'm sure you'll have an update from whomever the next Arch Chancellor is within a few weeks. I'd like to finish by expressing my gratitude to everyone within the FRA who helped to make these last 3 months so successful.

Sedge

Big Killer Babys
Political Columnist

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Big Killer Babys » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:35 pm

I better get the lifetime award, whats NC done that i havent? And Dipes! Bloody joke! >:( >:(

Slaytesics
Minister

Founded: Aug 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Slaytesics » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:39 pm

Can someone look into why I was banned from the now Founderless Region, Land of the Liberals?
My favorite quotes.

Ballotonia wrote:Total BS.
Wanna meet girls? Go play Farmville.
Ballotonia

Timurid Empire wrote:I do not understand people like this. How can you fear any human being or interaction with them? We are all Human, and we all bleed the same. Unless their a Hemophiliac.

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:(Image)

Ranbo wrote:Heey! I'm not perv!

You name it, you claim it. You were the one that thought of it in the first place. :p

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Big Killer Babys wrote:I better get the lifetime award, whats NC done that i havent? And Dipes! Bloody joke! >:( >:(

Work? :P

Slaytesics wrote:Can someone look into why I was banned from the now Founderless Region, Land of the Liberals?

New Earth are in the process of destroying the region, kicking out all the nations there. Unless you're a member of New Earth, or one of their allies, they'll kick you out.

Big Killer Babys
Political Columnist

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Big Killer Babys » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:20 am

:rofl: hey i practically cajoled and strong armed the first 6 or 7 regions into the FRA through lies and deceit as well as creating the maority of the format that is still used today about 3 years later! Its just that im so good at it it doesnt seem im working to people like you. 8)

Admittidly NC and Dipes did a lot but they did retire conviently just before the awards and then got an award. i on the other hand have been in a state of god knows what retirement/semi active for about 3 years now lol.

Slaytesics
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Slaytesics » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:21 pm

I need your help to protect a founderless region, PM me for more information.
My favorite quotes.

Ballotonia

Timurid Empire wrote:I do not understand people like this. How can you fear any human being or interaction with them? We are all Human, and we all bleed the same. Unless their a Hemophiliac.

You name it, you claim it. You were the one that thought of it in the first place. :p

Kalibarr
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalibarr » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:27 pm

Slaytesics wrote:I need your help to protect a founderless region, PM me for more information.

:palm: thanks for letting us all know

Slaytesics
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Slaytesics » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:35 pm

Kalibarr wrote:
Slaytesics wrote:I need your help to protect a founderless region, PM me for more information.

LOL sorry about that, junior junior senior junior junior sophmore freshman moment
My favorite quotes.

Ballotonia

Kalibarr
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalibarr » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:40 pm

Slaytesics wrote:
Kalibarr wrote:

LOL sorry about that, junior junior senior junior junior sophmore freshman moment

well you didn't really give anything away, but if someone got really bored they could probably figure out which region you were talking about(by sorting through all your posts, past regions ect).

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:30 pm

I've got more than enough telegrams from you about that already. As I'm sure I've already said, it'll be dealt with, but you should be patient.

Savior Masquerade
Secretary

Founded: Jan 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Savior Masquerade » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:08 pm

I would like to sign up the Masquerade Liberation Agency for this group, I am not the leader, just a messenger. TOP SECRET ORGANIZATION. (Kinda)

We are dedicated to protecting founderless regions.

Savior Masquerade
Secretary

Founded: Jan 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Savior Masquerade » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:40 am

How come West Pacific is not on here?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay