NATION

PASSWORD

The Founderless Regions Alliance

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Unibot II
Senator

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

10/04/2011

Postby Unibot II » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:30 am

From the Office of the Arch-Chancellor,

Greetings,

With a new term comes a new face. It is my honour to be appointed by the FRA Electorate as the new Arch-Chancellor. To begin this update, I would like to declare my aims for the coming months, so in three months' time you can all highlight what was not accomplished and ask for a refund. Nevertheless, I invest great faith in myself and the rest of my esteemed cabinet's ability to achieve these ambitious but immediate goals.

My immediate aims are the following,

I.We shall expand the FRA Rangers Outfit and inspire some much needed interest in defending with Open Defending Clinics during this month. These sessions will be open to all to attend, although they will be carefully orchestrated as to not share any of the FRA's more secretive methods. Potential new defenders will experience defending practice scenarios first hand, and hopefully consider joining the FRA Rangers, or at the very least, keep a fresh and open mind to military gameplay. Details will be provided to member regions as the event is organized.

II.We will clarify, reconstruct and perhaps codify a working doctrine of defender principles that will guide the FRA Rangers for the future. In particular, rogue and illegitimate delegates in feeder communities will be discussed. The Regional Assembly (RA) may be approached with proposed legislation that emerges from this discourse -- as always, ambassadors will be informed as details emerge.

III.We shall refocus the FRA as a military organization. More specifically, I intend to push for a legislative effort to grant FRA Ranger suffrage in our Assembly. It is my belief -- and I hope the electorate shares it -- that all those who defend regional sovereignty under the FRA banner deserve political enfranchisement for their services. Once again, ambassadors will be informed as details emerge on said proposal, one proposal from my cabinet has been to establish a bicameral system in the Regional Assembly to ensure representatives and rangers have an equal voting weight in matters of importance.

I am also overjoyed to recognize the rest of my cabinet as a strong and very capable administration to serve our Alliance. I have appointed Lemmingtopias and Spartzerina as my Vice-Chancellors, who, I know, will perform admirably in their respective positions. I also will introduce the new Chief of Defense, Frattastan, the new Intelligence Minister, Numero Capitan, the current Regional Recruitment officer, Wibblefeet and finally, Silver as the Regional Assembly's new speaker. Some of you may have the pleasure of working with them in the coming months, so .. be nice!

My Intelligence Minister, Numero Capitan, will be pushing for his department to become a resource for the benefit of all member regions and not just a tool of the organisation itself. Often our intelligence activity's have focused on gaining intelligence for the Rangers and disrupting invader activity. Whilst there is nothing wrong with these practices and they have served a vital purpose in freeing regions from the clutches of imperialists, we need to evolve and take a member region focused approach. If you have any suggestions for how this can be achieved then please do contact myself or Numero Capitan, who hopes to stop by your region shortly (if he's not already there!)

In the coming months, I also have some term-long goals in addition to my immediate goals. I expect this term to be recruitment-intensive, because I feel it is time for the FRA to expand and reach out to communities that we would have otherwise have ignored -- my Regional Recruitment officer is highly supportive of these ideas and is already putting the vision into action. He has appointed my predecessor, Wopruthien as Deputy RRO, who has some innovative ideas for our expansion project. Additionally, we will continue the very successful model for interregional communication that my predecessor, Wopruthien employed with unprecedented success during his term for updates and elections. We will improve upon this model by extending it actively to the official NationStates forum.

My Chief of Defence is emphasizing the need for greater presence and contact in member regions, even with military affairs and I think this closely aligns with my own goal to refocus the FRA as a military organization. In addition to these aims, my Chief of Defence and I intend to approach other existing defender organizations with the intent of some reconciliation or at the very least establishing some sort of cooperation on matters that we do agree upon. Toleration of our different methods and ethical convictions will be emphasised. We hope that our differences can in the future not hinder our defense of founderless regions' wellbeing and security.

Thank you for reading.

Unibot
Arch-Chancellor of the Founderless Regions Alliance
Last edited by Unibot II on Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Crazy girl
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Crazy girl » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:43 pm

Unibot as AC....there goes the neighborhood...

I mean, congrats on getting elected, everyone :P

New Spartzerina
Envoy

Founded: Nov 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Spartzerina » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:26 pm

But I wasn't elected...
New main nation! Spartzerium

Unibot II
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:24 pm

Crazy girl wrote:Unibot as AC....there goes the neighborhood...

Love you too. :p
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;

Unibot II
Senator

Ex-Nation

10/05/2011

Postby Unibot II » Tue May 10, 2011 6:48 pm

From the Office of the Arch-Chancellor,

Greetings,

With last update I discussed some of my own and my cabinet’s plans for this term, although I was informed later that it was customary for the Arch-Chancellor to consult the Regional Assembly before distributing an update, so I want to first apologize for not making that consultation. Change is here and evident in the Founderless Regions Alliance. We are in a process of restructuring and revitalizing the Alliance, reaching out to new people and mending timeworn hostilities. I am happy to announce that the first of my three immediate goals of my term has been accomplished this week. With the assistance of Northern Chittowa, the Regional Assembly has passed an amendment to the policies of Rangers to include a new, “Rogue Delegate Policy”, by a vote of 11 to 7 votes. With this amendment entrenched in law, a delegate who executes a clear and present self-destructive policy (e.g., malicious region purging) may be overthrown with the support of the FRA Rangers by directive of the FRA Cabinet on condition that there is native support for such an action. With these legal provisions finally codified, the moral inconsistences have been further reduced in the purview of this body’s idealistic defender values.

Also last update, I discussed the possibility of a “Defender Clinic” where players from all walks of life in NationStates – gameplayers, roleplayers and even ex-raiders will be encouraged to try out defending in orchestrated practice defense missions which would be open to the public. I am delighted to inform you that these Clinics will be taking place throughout the month of May, with the first session taking place on May 11th. Our administration will be circulating advertisements about the Clinics shortly to all member-regions and many non-member-regions. Players are urged to sign-up and experience defending firsthand if they have not already. Further discussed in last update, political enfranchisement for FRA Rangers has become a hot topic in our Regional Assembly. Several camps have formed around several compromise and activist bills contesting for recognition – all these bills varying, of course, in the amount of political enfranchisement they are willing to provide for FRA Rangers. One group supports the resurrection of the Independent Assembly (IA) for individuals like FRA Rangers to lobby the Assembly, others want special representatives for the FRA Rangers in the Regional Assembly and of course the two opposing factions in support of the status quo and full voting suffrage, respectively, are actively engaged in heated debate as you read this update. Players of member-regions are highly encouraged to keep active on this issue and lobby their respective representatives.

In the last two weeks, we welcomed Vice-Chancellor Spartzerina to the rank of General. We’re happy to acknowledge such a great achievement for a Ranger. Congratulations Spartzerina. The FRA Rangers have been busy these last few weeks to combat concerted efforts by raiders, for example in Marxist Leninist Party and Iran. In Marxist Leninist Party, Rangers in coordination with the natives of the region were able to intercept a refound attempt by the Black Hawks, Europeia, The New Inquistionand Unknown who were bidding to forcefully capture said region. Whereas in Iran, our Rangers liberated the region from the receding clutches of the Black Hawks and supported a native delegate during an extensive clean-up of the region to ensure its security. Another region, Republicans, which had been captured by the Alliance of Dictators for several weeks, has been liberated by the FRA with help from several supportive roleplayers who simply wanted to help out. I think this mission demonstrates that opening our arms to unconventional sources for troop provisions, like roleplayers, is the way of the future for the Founderless Regions Alliance – to keep up with the large numbers that raiders have been sporting in the past few months, the FRA can accommodate players that do want to help but don’t want to be a dedicated military gameplayer. Perhaps this sounds like you, if so, I’d have you know that the mission in Republicans will be rather longitudinal and will require a lot of sitting and waiting for influence to be gained, so if you wish to help out, people are welcome (at least with our blessing) to move their WA nation to Republicans and support the FRA as we try to remove the Alliance of Dictators threat out of said region.

On this topic of a more open and outreaching FRA Ranger organization, I have two considerations to announce, (1) The FRA IRC Channel has been established as #fra on EsperNet. Previously, the #fra channel was reserved for the FRA Rangers and their private military affairs, but we’ve moved the Rangers to their own new channel, so that the #fra channel can be used by anyone who may want to help out the FRA Rangers from time to time on missions but does not have the motivation or time to commit to become a full-time Ranger. If you want to try out defending or help out, I encourage you to not only attend our previously discussed defender clinics but also log onto our IRC Channel, #fra on EsperNet during 4-6 and 15-17 GMT, (2) My administration and I will be establishing a militia for defender sympathizers across NationStates. Said sympathizers can sign up on a roster and will be called upon when the FRA needs troops for large-scale missions, in particular, liberations. This will be a great way for the FRA to accommodate the player who wants to help out but can’t actively defend which is yet another effort by my administration to improve and to innovate to make sure that the FRA is better set for the future in a rapidly changing Military Gameplay environment. Further details about the militia will be released as they emerge.

Nevertheless, after all of these initial successes there is still much work to be done as I am constantly reminded. To begin the process of reform with open ears, I have offered a chance for member-regions and non-members to weigh in on the discussions of how the FRA can improve itself, and I hope that you take the effort to read over these threads for constructive criticism which has been provided in member-region forums and on the official forums. These threads are shaping up to be very useful for some much needed direct communication from regional members to the FRA Administration, and may be the source of tomorrow’s innovation in regards to our esteemed Alliance’s policies.

Thank you for reading.

Unibot
Arch-Chancellor of the Founderless Regions Alliance

Cocodian
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Cocodian » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:05 am

(Image)

Ladies and Gentlemen of NationStates:

There has been considerable change to the alliance since the last update, foremost among which is the resignation of the Arch Chancellor, Unibot. The resignation occurred after a motion for his impeachment failed, which was based on a number of controversial policies that Unibot had introduced during his term. We are all sorry to see him leave the FRA under such circumstances and while the changes his made during his term were radical, we all thank him for his service and hope to work with him and Eastern Islands of Dharma in the future.

Here is a run down on what my Cabinet and I hope to achieve for the remainder of this term:

Rangers

The FRA Rangers have been relatively active over the pass few weeks, often with multiple update defences per day. In the past two weeks the FRA has conducted two successful defences and a number of liberations, which required extremely fast reactions from all the Rangers involved. Over the next few days, myself and my VCs will be visiting our newest member regions and we hope to help them build up their militaries to aid us in combating the number of operations we are seeing on a day to day basis.

Regional Assembly

There is a large amount of activity in the Regional Assembly, with a lot of debate on the current policy regarding the defence of the Pacifics as well as discussion on whether to shorten the term of the cabinet from 3 months to 2 months.

[spoiler=With some passionate debate Silver is putting her foot down on fights:](Image)[/spoiler]

Intel

Numero, our Intelligence Minister has been seen busy putting up a large amount of signs, protecting the super secret intelligence centre. Apart from that little is known publicly about the extent of the reach of our agents, but rest assured we are watching....

FRA History

Our resident historian Northern Chittowa has been working on a complete history on the FRA to update the FRA NSwiki page. The page itself is now far more comprehensive then ever, offering a complete history of the alliance. New features will be added shortly so make sure you check in!

Well that is it for me now. If anyone has any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

Regards

Cocodian
Arch Chancellor of the FRA

PS As a final note congratulations to Chin-Chillas for being appointed Vice Chancellor, as a former Arch Chancellor he will be a great asset to the cabinet for the remainder of the term
Former Arch Chancellor of the Founderless Region Alliance

Unibot II
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:17 pm

The resignation occurred after a motion for his impeachment failed, which was based on a number of controversial policies that Unibot had introduced during his term.

The motion for my impeachment had little to do with 'controversial policies', the text referred to the "Rogue Delegate Bill" passing with a majority of voters (and not being written by me), it also motioned for my impeachment for correctly applying the "Rogue Delegate Bill" (as admitted in the motion) and Sedgistan later added into the discussion once the vote was going sour for him, that I 'sexually harassed' women on IRC... which any reasonable person would have included in the original motion as the first clause if it hadn't been a shameful afterthought to put in as a last minute campaign of libel. Thanks for the continuing slander from the FRA. I love it how you've conveniently overlooked the obvious corruption that your Assembly is struggling to handle with, following this TSP-TRR incident, and just gone straight for the potshots at my reputation. Pathetic is the adjective that comes to mind. :roll:

We are all sorry to see him leave the FRA under such circumstances and while the changes his made during his term were radical, we all thank him for his service and hope to work with him and Eastern Islands of Dharma in the future.

Coco, you blasted me on the FRA forums for not being a leader 'who could compromise with both sides', and now you're demeaning the 60% of the FRA that voted for the Rogue Delegate Policy as having supported a 'radical' bill. I'd like to thank the Founderless Regions Alliance for the public harassment I've been receiving, especially the libel which has increased tenfold from the FRA and the FRA Old Guard with my resignation -- trying to paint me as a radical rogue Arch-Chancellor, doesn't exactly work when the motion for my impeachment failed with only 20% of the FRA actually actively supporting the impeachment and my resignation occurring because I wasn't in a healthy state of mind following the harassment I had received from your institution's members (I had otherwise intended to stay on as AC, hence why I did not resign before the impeachment).

I'm seriously sick and tired of the FRA trying to slander me any further -- they made a mistake and were for the most part deluded into supporting Sedge's boogeyman ousting of me, and they want to avoid the public embarrassment of admitting that by hammering on the public relations bandwagon and spinning my term as anything but successful in increasing the size and activity of the institution, not to mention, successful in preventing four major diplomatic concerns of member-regions leaving that occurred during the first part of my term in reaction to neglect of relations over the years.
Last edited by Unibot II on Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Commander Halcones
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Commander Halcones » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:29 am

The FRA Rangers have been relatively active over the pass few weeks, often with multiple update defences per day. In the past two weeks the FRA has conducted two successful defences and a number of liberations, which required extremely fast reactions from all the Rangers involved. Over the next few days, myself and my VCs will be visiting our newest member regions and we hope to help them build up their militaries to aid us in combating the number of operations we are seeing on a day to day basis.

Really? Aren't you giving a false impression there? You have failed to liberate Bordeaux. You have failed to stop 22 other Black Hawks, although you did make an attempt.

Personally, I think the truth is that your Rangers are in low numbers (particularly at update), hence no liberations, unless you mean detags? :p

Frattastan
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 24, 2007
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frattastan » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:26 am

Commander Halcones wrote:Really? Aren't you giving a false impression there? You have failed to liberate Bordeaux. You have failed to stop 22 other Black Hawks, although you did make an attempt.

Personally, I think the truth is that your Rangers are in low numbers (particularly at update), hence no liberations, unless you mean detags? :p

Bordeaux is dead and there's no point in liberating it. It's a colony of another region, most of its resident were puppets and fled when Bordeaux was invaded. Plus, Global Alliance gave away one of their founder regions to you, so I don't see them really willing to fight or anyway interested in keeping their region.

We liberated GameFAQs and Ireland, and we did three minor liberations.
No comment on your silly raids :P
San Francisco Bay Area (forum) | Founderless Regions Alliance (FRA) | Rejected Realms Army (RRA)

Drop Your Pants wrote:I think raiders are cute, the way they think they're big and scary people who threaten others :)

Commander Halcones
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Commander Halcones » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:43 am

Fair enough on Bordeaux - seems FRA is becoming more like TITO - being selective on defence missions. This is likely due to a more inactive and reduced defence force :)

GameFAQs was not raided - no WFE change. They put up a TBH flag but we had no involvement there. To me it looked like some mutual conflict in their region - the guy who seized delegacy was not endorsed by outsiders. As for some TPK forces entering the region afterwards, I have no idea why they did. It was not a raid. You therefore interrupted with native business.

Silly raids? They aren't silly. They're an efficient painting job.
Last edited by Commander Halcones on Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Belschaft
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Belschaft » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:12 am

Commander Halcones wrote:Silly raids? They aren't silly. They're an efficient painting job.

At least that's all you're claiming them to be nowadays....
You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of.
You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.

Northern Chittowa
Envoy

Founded: Mar 03, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Northern Chittowa » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:49 pm

Unibot II wrote:*SNIP*

HA!

I might give a more detailed response to all that later when I have more time, but for now HA! sums things up quite nicely.

Northern Chittowa
Envoy

Founded: Mar 03, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Northern Chittowa » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:59 pm

Actually, balls to it I’ll respond now.

As you have been told before Uni a motion for impeachment does not have to include all and sundry. Indeed, all it really has to say is ‘This is a motion for impeachment of X’, nothing more. You impeachment had a lot to do with controversial policies. I for one voted for the impeachment based a lot on what you wanted to change the FRA into, something which I believe was fundamentally wrong. I couldn’t care less about anything else really, whatever sexual harassment happened and against whoever did not factor into my thinking (mainly because it was the first time I had heard about it, unlike in other cases with other people). I voted for the impeachment based on other overriding factors, not just for those written down in the proposal.
What this update says is that you resigned after an impeachment process which was brought about by a number of factors, including radical policies of which the RDP was one (it did only pass by two or three votes.
And I have to laugh Uni that you are continuously harping on about the slander from the FRA side, yet you are doing the same thing, stating that there is ‘obvious corruption’ that there is an ‘old guard mentality’ when there are very few people who actually believe it. So yes, pathetic does come to mind in this instance as well.

Also at the end of the day you resigned, it was your decision to resign, you did not have to as the impeachment motion failed, but you resigned anyway. So lets draw a line at the idea that the FRA somehow forced you out, you left very much of your own accord in the end.

Commander Halcones
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Commander Halcones » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:50 pm

I support you Unibot, from what I have heard about things. Well done on departing a failing defender organisation. You are one of the more respectable defenders, unlike a number of those who reside in the FRA.

Unibot II
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:54 pm

Northern Chittowa wrote:You impeachment had a lot to do with controversial policies. I for one voted for the impeachment based a lot on what you wanted to change the FRA into, something which I believe was fundamentally wrong. I couldn’t care less about anything else really, whatever sexual harassment happened and against whoever did not factor into my thinking (mainly because it was the first time I had heard about it, unlike in other cases with other people). I voted for the impeachment based on other overriding factors, not just for those written down in the proposal.

And you happen not to be a motion for the impeachment, but an individual with his own opinions.. did you write a motion for a impeachment?.. No. You did not.

What this update says is that you resigned after an impeachment process which was brought about by a number of factors, including radical policies of which the RDP was one (it did only pass by two or three votes.

If the FRA had not intervened, we would be acting contrary to public approval according to the WA. Therefore, I don't see what is so 'radical' with the RDP which you wrote.

And I have to laugh Uni that you are continuously harping on about the slander from the FRA side, yet you are doing the same thing, stating that there is ‘obvious corruption’ that there is an ‘old guard mentality’ when there are very few people who actually believe it. So yes, pathetic does come to mind in this instance as well.

So you deny that the influence of Sedgistan and members of the Rejected Realms, many of whom knew who had conducted the coup or abetted the coup, had little consequence in the motion for my impeachment? An impeachment --might I add -- which was according to you about the RDP, a bill that was only used once, against said individuals and their attempt to destabilize TSP. If you don't deny this, then I do not see how you cannot identity that as political corruption.

Also at the end of the day you resigned, it was your decision to resign, you did not have to as the impeachment motion failed, but you resigned anyway. So lets draw a line at the idea that the FRA somehow forced you out, you left very much of your own accord in the end.

My health decided for me, following the harassment I had received from the older more influential members of the Founderless Regions Alliance. I had intended to stay on as AC, because I thought I could have achieved a lot of good as the leader of the organization -- I would have resigned before the vote if I hadn't had it in my mind that I wanted to stay on as AC. You might also want to check your facts, my cabinet told me they would resign if I did not resign, which was de facto a 'force' applied to me to resign. Their stated reason to me why I should resign: "We don't want to lose TRR as a Member". The Rejected Realms is certainly a gem of a member, contributing to the world with mass corruption and destabilization -- seems to fit perfectly as a member-region of the Founderless Regions Alliance.
Last edited by Unibot II on Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Face Dancers
Attaché

Founded: Dec 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Face Dancers » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:56 pm

Oh politics, it's such a wonderful thing. Get on the damn battlefield, defenders.
Forever TBH

Unibot II wrote:TITO doesn't deploy against active raider delegates usually -- it's bad for morale, you're more likely to lose.

Just Guy wrote:On the other hand though, the UDL doesn't do defences because their troops are too lazy to watch and be online a whole update.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:01 pm

Face has a point... I haven't seen many defenses happening. Meanwhile the Black Hawks keep on adding their beautiful artwork to regions around NationStates
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Unibot II
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:01 pm

Commander Halcones wrote:I support you Unibot, from what I have heard about things. Well done on departing a failing defender organisation. You are one of the more respectable defenders, unlike a number of those who reside in the FRA.

You won't be cheering in a few weeks when you find out what is in store for you and your cronies. Ultimately, I would suspect I am receiving such uncharacteristically positive sentiments from you because I am badmouthing the Founderless Regions Alliance -- an institution which does do good work, and has contributed a lot to NationStates... no matter all the corruption it is dealing with at the moment.

Unibot II
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:03 pm

Face Dancers wrote:Oh politics, it's such a wonderful thing. Get on the damn battlefield, defenders.

... it's three hours before update... :p (Why does the WA clock say two?)

Oliver the Mediocre
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Oliver the Mediocre » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:31 pm

Unibot II wrote:The Rejected Realms is certainly a gem of a member, contributing to the world with mass corruption and destabilization -- seems to fit perfectly as a member-region of the Founderless Regions Alliance.

I beg your [expletive deleted] pardon? Mass corruption on a world-scale? I don't think you can drop that on our doorstep. To be perfectly honest with you, I didn't so much care about your intervention in TSP; I personally think your viewpoints about invaders are extreme, and if I'm going to be in a region that's a member of a defender organization, I wouldn't want you at the head of it. I also didn't like the way you conducted yourself around a number of my female friends.

When you get down to it, if you'd been in the channel when we discussed the impeachment, we all had different motivations, but we all agreed that in the long run we thought it would be best for the FRA for you to go, and if you didn't go, we weren't sure what we were going to do next.

Sorry to break it to you, but there's no vast anti-Unibot conspiracy. We all had our own simple motivations to head down that road.
Oliver Marlowe
Quote Love
"We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time."

Unibot II
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:09 pm

Oliver the Mediocre wrote:I personally think your viewpoints about invaders are extreme [...]

You were an invader... I take your dissatisfaction as a compliment.

When you get down to it, if you'd been in the channel when we discussed the impeachment, we all had different motivations, but we all agreed that in the long run we thought it would be best for the FRA for you to go, and if you didn't go, we weren't sure what we were going to do next.

And two of the people in the channel were actively involved in the coup, and another one knew about it and was trying to cover it up. Out of, what, five or six TRRers?

We all had our own simple motivations to head down that road.

Self-interests, spite and grudges -- depending on the person, masquerading as 'motivations'.. well actually, to be fair, those are all legitimate motivations. Nevermind. I guess you did have 'motivations', point taken. I shouldn't have been so naive as to assume that the Rejected Realms clique was utterly unmotivated before scheming how to get me impeached. :roll:
Last edited by Unibot II on Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oliver the Mediocre
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Oliver the Mediocre » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:45 pm

It takes a certain kind of arrogance to respond to us that way, you know. It must be an illegitimate campaign suffused with secrets and lies and schemes if we decided we'd had enough with the way you act and the way you lead. Anyone who opposes Unibot must be a liar, a schemer, self-interested, spiteful, or worst of all, an invader. It's this bloody self-righteousness that turns me off it, you know that? You want to be more than right, you want to be righteous, and you never back down off the attitude (except when you want an interview), and you dare, you dare to suggest that because I'm an invader, any negative opinion of you I might have is a good thing, because invaders cannot be insightful; we're just scheming, self-interested, spiteful people, aren't we.

I'm sick to death of it. There were times I may have wanted to become a defender, in my past. Then I met you. It's not irrelevant, because I'm sure there are others who felt the same way, and I'm sure the polarizing nature of your leadership was part of the reason your impeachment was so hotly contested.

I don't know why I bother with these posts. You won't listen. But I'm tired of this. Maybe you'll wake up someday and see that maybe our reasons for wanting you impeached weren't a self-interested, spiteful scheme. Maybe someday you'll realize that just being an invader doesn't mean I'm wrong, and just because I'm an invader and I don't like the way you do things doesn't make them right. Maybe. If I'm lucky.
Oliver Marlowe
Quote Love
"We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time."

Unibot II
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:01 pm

Actually I think you were played for the most part by Sedge and Crazygirl, you seem to be genuine in your positions whether or not they're ones I agree with. But seeing as how your preexisting opinion of me was already low, it would have been very easy to manipulate you. If one looks at TRR, there is a clear groupthink problem going on, your members seem to be isolated from reality... support for the South Pacific coup and destabilization is radically high, support for Sedgistan is radically larger than the rest of NationStates (only a week ago your region's rhetoric was spewing how the public was vastly in favor of the coup), the belief that I was the "downfall" of the FRA fits right in with those other notions that grew in popularity in the Rejected Realms under the helm of Sedge and Crazygirl and was touted as commonly held belief without actually a lot of support in reality. Ultimately only 20% of the FRA actively voted for my impeachment, many abstained because they didn't want to piss off the RR but agreed with my leadership in private -- which is why TRR will always remain the elephant of the FRA that the UCRs and Rangers will have to sleep beside.

Rachel Anumia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Rachel Anumia » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:03 pm

Ultimately only 20% of the FRA actively voted for my impeachment, many abstained because they didn't want to piss off the RR but agreed with my leadership in private

I always wondered if a similar statement could be made for what happened in TSP...
Two-Time President of Europeia
Self-Lighting Firework

Europeia, the Land of Peace, Freedom and Equality .

Oliver the Mediocre
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Oliver the Mediocre » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:19 pm

Unibot II wrote:Actually I think you were played for the most part by Sedge and Crazygirl, you seem to be genuine in your positions whether or not they're ones I agree with. But seeing as how your preexisting opinion of me was already low, it would have been very easy to manipulate you. If one looks at TRR, there is a clear groupthink problem going on, your members seem to be isolated from reality... support for the South Pacific coup and destabilization is radically high, support for Sedgistan is radically larger than the rest of NationStates (only a week ago your region's rhetoric was spewing how the public was vastly in favor of the coup), the belief that I was the "downfall" of the FRA fits right in with those other notions that grew in popularity in the Rejected Realms under the helm of Sedge and Crazygirl and was touted as commonly held belief without actually a lot of support in reality. Ultimately only 20% of the FRA actively voted for my impeachment, many abstained because they didn't want to piss off the RR but agreed with my leadership in private -- which is why TRR will always remain the elephant of the FRA that the UCRs and Rangers will have to sleep beside.

:blink: Sure, if that's what you think. I think your leadership was a very polarizing period in FRA history. Some people loved you, others were... less than pleased. I think it's kind of funny that you think I was manipulated into going after you. Do you know which of us offered to draft your articles of impeachment? I'll give you a hint. It wasn't Sedge.

Sedge didn't even ask me to do it. I just decided if we were going to talk about that kind of thing, we should have a text to look at, so we could decide on what was important to us as a region. The draft itself was a collaborative effort, involving all those who were TRR citizens in the TRR irc channel. If you like the narrative of a Sedge/CG conspiracy against Unibot, then there's not much I can do for you, but really what happened is you pissed off various people for various reasons and then our frustration eventually came to a head and we decided we didn't want you running an organization we were a part of anymore.

What's more plausible? The idea that this was a sophisticated PR ploy to discredit you, or the idea that you pissed some people off? I know which one sounds more plausible to me...
Oliver Marlowe
Quote Love

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay