NATION

PASSWORD

The Founderless Regions Alliance

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Slaytesics
Minister

Founded: Aug 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Slaytesics » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:20 am

Savior Masquerade wrote:How come West Pacific is not on here?

Holy shit you are right.
My favorite quotes.

Ballotonia wrote:Total BS.
Wanna meet girls? Go play Farmville.
Ballotonia

Timurid Empire wrote:I do not understand people like this. How can you fear any human being or interaction with them? We are all Human, and we all bleed the same. Unless their a Hemophiliac.

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:(Image)

Ranbo wrote:Heey! I'm not perv!

You name it, you claim it. You were the one that thought of it in the first place. :p

Ananke
Bureaucrat

Founded: Antiquity
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ananke » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:19 am

Maybe because it's not a member of FRA?

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:44 am

Savior Masquerade wrote:How come West Pacific is not on here?

Are you talking about the 'League of Pacifics', which we have an embassy with? You'll notice that the regions that are part of that organisation are the non-feeder regions, as they don't have a 'the' in front of their names. They're all relatively small regions actually. We do have an embassy with The West Pacific too.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Update: Cabinet elections over

Postby Sedgistan » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:23 pm

From the office of the Arch-Chancellor

Good day everyone,

I'm writing this update as the newly re-elected Arch Chancellor of the FRA. That means that our January elections have taken place, so I'll start be introducing the new Cabinet, and their plans.

Firstly, Wopruthien has been elected as Chief of Defence - he virtually occupied this position for most of the last term, due to Neasmyrna being busy in RL. The Rangers have been relatively quiet the last few weeks, but we're looking to improve our spotting and increase our updater numbers, so we should be back to full activity again soon. GreekAmerican and Dyr Nasad have been appointed as Wopruthien's deputies.

Dyr Nasad and Numero Capitan continue in their roles as joint Intelligence Ministers. That means we'll continue to spy on anything that moves, and the re-organisation of the Intel Department will be continuing.

Spartzerina was elected to a Cabinet role for the first time, replacing Wopruthien as Regional Recruitment Officer. Our recruitment tailed off a bit at the end of the last term, due to Wop having to cover for Neas's absence in the Rangers. I'm optimistic that we'll see at least a couple of new member regions during the next 3 months. George Patton was appointed as Spartzerina's deputy.

Cocodian remains as Speaker of the Assembly, and intends to focus this term on ensuring that all our member regions have two active representatives within the Regional Assembly. We should also see the publishing of voting records, to shame the less active reps into activity.

Tupelope and Danubium have been appointed as the Vice Chancellors. They should already have introduced themselves by now, and they'll be taking over from Spartzerina and Docky as ambassadors to most of our member regions/embassies.

Meanwhile, the 4th Annual Defender Awards is still in the nominations phase, with over 50 confirmed nominations so far. Nominations close on Saturday 23rd January, so if you still intend to nominate someone for an award, then ensure you do so soon.

Our forum reached 100,000 posts last night, with Spartzerina, one of our resident spammers, unsurprisingly claiming that post. For an organisation that only managed 2,500 posts in its first 6 months of existence, this is an impressive achievement, and I hope the forums remain active for many years to come.

Regarding our membership, the FRA currently has 18 member regions/groups. At the last count, the alliance had 1,669 nations, which was 3.169% of all NationStates nations. This percentage is unchanged since figures were first recorded back in October.

Thats all for now, and there'll be another update on its way in two weeks. Thanks for reading.

Sedge
Arch Chancellor of the Founderless regions Alliance

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Update

Postby Sedgistan » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:18 pm

Good day everyone,

Another two weeks have gone by, which means another update from the FRA.

Things have been going well, with the Rangers seeing lots more activity under Wopruthien. They've been deployed in regions such as Heaven, Brave New America, 4chan & 1up. We've seen large numbers deployed in short notice in some of those regions. Our intel department has been busy too, with our massive collection of files finally indexed. As ever, our spies are everywhere and watching everything.

Cocodian has been contacting our member regions to ensure they all have two Regional Assembly representatives, with some success - for the first time in months, we've got a representative from Gay. The Assembly should see the return of the Cabinet Minister's Questions which proved successful last term.

Both Vice Chancellors have been rather busy in RL over the last couple of weeks, so we haven't seen too much activity from them - however, they're hoping to get things done soon. Our Regional Recruitment Department is working away, looking for new regions to join the alliance.

The Defender Awards is also in its last week of voting - which closes on Saturday. If you want to vote, please do so as soon as possible.

That concludes the report, and as ever, there'll be another one arriving in two weeks.

Sedge

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Update

Postby Sedgistan » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:42 pm

Good day everyone,

We've had a mixed couple of weeks since our last update. The Rangers have been a bit more active, having been deployed in regions such as Absinthia, and taking part in several liberation attempts. However, activity has been lower than average, due to the lack of invasions - though this inactivity is actually a good thing!

Some of our member regions have been going recruiting crazy, with The Council of Narnia and Global Right Alliance both reaching the 100 nation mark, and continuing to grow. Others have, unfortunately, been declining, and the FRA has fallen below the 3% of total NS nations marker for the first time since records started midway through last year.

The Defender Awards reached a successful conclusion, with an amazing 39 votes cast over several forums, and the award ceremony being enjoyed by all. By the time this update has been distributed, we'll have also handed out the FRA Ranger of the Year award (an internal award), and FRA service awards to those who have contributed to this organisation for at least a year.

We're also looking forward to the 2nd Cabinet Ministers' Questions, which should be starting around now, where FRA members get to question their Cabinet members about what they've been up to.

Hopefully, this will encourage some of the Cabinet members who have been less active to get more work done. In particular, the Vice Chancellors, and Regional Recruitment Department have not done much recently - which will be changing.

In a late addition, I've appointed Hadisthe as a Vice Chancellor, to replace Tupelope.

Thats all for now, there will be another update in two weeks time.

Sedge

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:34 pm

Good day everyone,

We've had an upturn in activity recently, so things are currently going well. In the last few days, the FRA Rangers have seen action in liberations of Union of the Snake and Hierosolyma, and successfully aided in an update defence of Asia. Several other regions have also been assisted by our troops in the last couple of weeks.

Before I continue, I'd like to explain the images - Old Zertaxia had complained about the lack of pictures in our updates, so Numero Capitan added these.

[TRR are reported to consider their most unsavoury new member to be the untidy individual shown above]

The Founderless Regions Alliance has grown in size in recent times, moving back above the 3% threshold of total NS nations. While part of this growth was a result of The Rejected Realms receiving some unwitting visitors, the Global Right Alliance has also shot up to over 200 nations, a fantastic achievement considering that they only had 15 nations at the start of the month. Did I mention that I did most of that recruiting? Their increased contribution to the FRA's military & intel power will be appreciated in the coming weeks.

[Cocodian trying to find out what all the cabinet have been up to]

Cocodian has been hard at work in the Regional Assembly, with the Cabinet Ministers' Questions concluding, and everyone agreeing that it was a great success. Several new ideas have been put forward, and Cabinet members have been really scrutinised outside of the elections for the first time. We will also be having a review of the Charter - which is expected to become an bi-annual occurence, so those who are interested are encouraged to contribute.

[Hadisthe at work]

Hadisthe seems to be enjoying his new role as Vice Chancellor, and has already started bossing people around. One of his main ideas is to introduce guides for each of the FRA Cabinet positions to help future Cabinet members to do their job.

[Danubium in his last week on the job]

In related news, Danubium was removed as the 2nd Vice Chancellor, as he doesn't have time to fulfil the duties of the position. I will not be appointing a replacement.

[FRA torture in its most rudimentary form]

The Intel department has been doing things - but I can't really tell you what. Rumours of extraordinary rendition and waterboarding are surely exaggerated. Spartzerina has been approaching potential member regions, and we're all hoping for increased output from the Regional Recruitment Department.

[Wopruthien on being told he wouldn't be mentioned]
Finally, Wopruthien insisted on being mentioned in the update.

That concludes a more optimistic report than usual (torture allegations aside), and there'll be another one in 2 weeks.

Sedge

Voracious Vendetta
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Voracious Vendetta » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:44 pm

The Region of Vivified Vendetta Corp

Would like to apply for membership, as has defended and helped The Commonwealth States/Society and helped to liberate Democratia through espionage nation works.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:04 pm

Excellent news :) To apply, you're going to have to register on our forum, I'll sort out your masking there, and you can fill in the application form.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Update

Postby Sedgistan » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:22 pm

Good day everyone,

Apologies for the delay with this update, I've been rather busy.

There's been lots going on in the FRA recently. Firstly, Spartzerina had to stand down as Regional Recruitment Officer, due to other requirements taking up his time. A snap election was held, with the newly-returned Joshua and Sebastian deciding to run as a team, and beating legendary FRA candidate Abstain who had to settle for its customary second place.

We'll in fact be holding full elections in two weeks time - at the start of April. In preparation, Cabinet ministers have started to write guides to their positions, to help future officials settle into their jobs. This idea was the brainchild of Hadisthe, who is cracking the whip over those Cabinet ministers who have yet to complete their guides.

The Regional Assembly has been busy reviewing the Charter, with the three articles that have been looked at so far not being modified - possibly a testament to the high quality of the Charter, though as it was originally written by BKB, maybe its just apathy...

The intel department has been roughing up invaders with the infamous Mr Tickle torture method. Wopruthien says that the Rangers have been defending a few regions, which is generally a good thing.

Finally, our member regions have shown some amazing growth recently, with The Rejected Realms growing by over 1,500 nations in one night, all down to Kandarin's amazing recruitment efforts. At the last count, 6.155% of all NationStates nations were in FRA member regions, though this is expected to decrease as Kandy's BBQ runs out of food.

Thats all for this report, there'll be another one with some exciting news coming in 2 weeks (as ever).

Sedge
Arch Chancellor of the Founderless Regions Alliance

Sky Paramour Islands
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 01, 2010
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Sky Paramour Islands » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:12 am

why is the FRA invading my region?

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:51 am

We aren't - we're kicking out some invaders who moved there.

Reseda Island
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 13, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Reseda Island » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:16 pm

if you are talking about Elliotsmx, she only passed through that is not invading, because New Krypton HAS NO ARMY! but hey I've said this how many times? I don't know I've lost count.

because by that logic I guess my colony nations throughout the feeders counts as invading, oh I just am so evil, the only place the logic of saying a person passing through is invading makes sense is "FANTASY LAND" then again I really can't explain what she was doing you'd have to ask her.
Last edited by Reseda Island on Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Fear not the path of truth for the lack of people walking on it." -RFK June 5th 1968

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:22 pm

No, Elliotsmx moved in and endorsed Shadow Village, another raider. Elliotsmx only moved out because they missed update, and therefore failed to invade New Scotland successfully.

Sky Paramour Islands
Lobbyist

Postby Sky Paramour Islands » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:42 pm

well if this is true they need to leave now, and how is shadow village a "raider", its my neighbor.

edit: who is also confused about this whole thing, I know because I just got back from visiting and we decided I should be delegate instead because clearly people now think SV is a "raider".
Last edited by Sky Paramour Islands on Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:46 pm

Shadow Village is your actual neighbour? If thats the case, we'll leave now. Because he was new to the region, and endorsed by an invader, it appeared to be an invasion.

Sky Paramour Islands
Lobbyist

Postby Sky Paramour Islands » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:55 pm

Sedgistan wrote:Shadow Village is your actual neighbour? If thats the case, we'll leave now. Because he was new to the region, and endorsed by an invader, it appeared to be an invasion.

yes indeed, I go over there to stare at his older sister sometimes, :blush:, this Elliot person sounds like a goof from what i think "she" says in the region "she" lives in, at least I hope its a girl.

Shadow Village
Civilian

Founded: Mar 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadow Village » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:08 pm

yeah im his neighbor so dont boot me :(

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:09 pm

Sky Paramour Islands wrote:we decided I should be delegate instead because clearly people now think SV is a "raider".

Ah, did think, but don't any more :P I'd recommend getting one of you as delegate though. The FRA nations will be moving out soon.

Sky Paramour Islands
Lobbyist

Postby Sky Paramour Islands » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:11 pm

Sedgistan wrote:
Sky Paramour Islands wrote:we decided I should be delegate instead because clearly people now think SV is a "raider".

Ah, did think, but don't any more :P I'd recommend getting one of you as delegate though. The FRA nations will be moving out soon.

thank you, good sir I have voted for the WA thing involving you to show my thanks :)

Elliotsmx
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Elliotsmx » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:11 am

Sedgistan wrote:No, Elliotsmx moved in and endorsed Shadow Village, another raider. Elliotsmx only moved out because they missed update, and therefore failed to invade New Scotland successfully.

what now a girl cant leave a region for no reason to another endorse some random person with out being called a raider?! I was bored shesh
~E Rules!~

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Update

Postby Sedgistan » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:44 pm

Good day everyone,

This one will be my final report, as elections will be starting on the 1st April (yes, seriously) and I won't be running again. This was always my intention when I started this term, as I feel that having one individual in charge for too long leads to things becoming stale and inactive. Added to that, I'm far busier in RL than I used to be, so I don't think I would be able to devote the time to this job over the next term that it deserves.

As already mentioned, we're having elections starting on the 1st April for all Cabinet positions. If you're interested in running, I would encourage you to visit our forums, and nominate yourself for a position. Nominations should be open for 3 days, so make sure you're quick.

As its the end of the term, I'll also sum up the achievements of all the departments. Firstly, the Rangers. I feel that Wopruthien has done a decent job, but he's disappointed with his performance. The slow-down in invasions has meant that the Rangers have had far less to deal with than previously. Raids these days seem to consist of no more than 3 invaders, and rarely last more than a couple of days. Given this, it is understandable that we'd have less activity from our military.

The Intel department has achieved a fair bit - obviously I can't say too much about it, but we've been busy spying on anyone and everyone.

The Regional Assembly has been fairly active, and is currently halfway through reviewing the Charter. Cocodian managed to get a representative from Gay - Kundu - whose activity has been welcome. The Cabinet Ministers questions was also a success, and led to an increase in activity from Cabinet members.

The Vice Chancellors had a mixed term - Danubium and Tupelope had to resign midway through the term, after not having achieved much. Hadisthe, however, has been far more impressive and has contributed a number of new ideas to the FRA. We have ensured that we've always got updates out regularly, even with the disruption to the Vice Chancellors. Additionally, after 3 years of trying, the FRA finally has an embassy with Texas.

The Regional Recruitment Office was fairly inactive until recently - Spartzerina didn't have much time to put into region recruiting. Joshua has done well though, with two applications currently being voted on. A late update on this is that both The Black Market and United Kingdom have been admitted to the FRA.

Some recent news is that we're voting to downgrade Lichentia's membership to protectorate status. Additionally, The Principality of Wales has left the FRA, due to the lack of activity from the region. Finally, Sebastian stood down as a Regional Recruitment Officer.
Thats
all from me, and the next update will be written by someone else.

Sedge
Last edited by Sedgistan on Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cocodian
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Cocodian » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:32 am

Good-day Ladies and Gentlemen of NationStates;

Yesterday the FRA elections concluded with the April-June cabinet being announced- it was a great honour for me personally to be nominated, yet alone elected to the position of Arch Chancellor and I am looking forward to leading such a strong team to further the alliance.

My aims, along with my Vice Chancellor, Hadisthe, will be to continue the progressive nature of the FRA which was created by previous Arch Chancellors and put in place systems to help the alliance work more effectively, so hopefully you should all see such changes soon! In addition to this I hope to continue and further the FRA's presence in the Foreign Affairs circuit and in particular working closely with our allies and member regions.

Wopruthien has been re-elected as Chief of Defence and has pledged to introduce some interesting procedures, which will encourage Rangers to search for invasions and take the initiative themselves. In addition to this he plans to continue his excellent work in ensuring that member regions have a link to the Rangers, to ensure optimum effectiveness.

Dyr Nasad is forging ahead as Intelligence Minister and will be developing and combining our intelligence resources- I am sure that he will continue his excellent work as the Spymaster of NationStates.

One of the most pleasing election results is Kundu's to the position of Speaker. Kundu is a relatively new face to the FRA forum but has shown great ability and was unanimously voted into the position of Speaker, where he will be working to ensure that the FRA remains true to its Charter and that all member regions are represented in our Regional Assembly.

The final cabinet position was filled by Joshua, who was elected after his excellent last term, to fulfil the vital position of Regional Recruitment Officer. He will continue his work in approaching future FRA regions, showing the huge benefits that this alliance can offer to member regions.

Well that concludes my short election update, as always you should receive one every two weeks on the progress of The Cabinet and FRA in general. Thankyou for reading and if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Cocodian
Arch Chancellor of the FRA
Former Arch Chancellor of the Founderless Region Alliance

Cocodian
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cocodian » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:46 am

Good day one and all!

Firstly I would like to apologise for the fact that this update is a few days later then usual; unfortunately I was unavailable this weekend, hence its delayed nature.

The FRA has been running relatively well during the first two weeks of the new cabinet.

Wopruthien has reorganised the Ranger rankings, including requirements for increasing number of "spot" points in order to qualify for promotion, which we are sure will encourage Rangers to spend that extra couple of minutes tracking possible invasions. The Rangers have defended 5 regions and liberated 2 to date, which may appear to be a large drop compared to a few months ago, but we are still poised and ready to respond to any change in invader activity.

In our Regional Recruitment department Joshua and his newly appointed deputy, Goldecia, has been consolidating the mass of activity prior to the elections . The department has been focusing on helping the newest members integrating into the alliance and have begun to search for new regions, which may wish to join our alliance.

The Regional Assembly has been a hive of activity since the arrival of the new speaker, Kundu. Currently we have a charter edit up to vote, modifying the election rules and discussions about membership status and this term looks sent to be one where the Assembly really comes alive, with even the newest members getting involved.

Finally, my Vice Chancellor Hadisthe has been and plans to continue his tour of member regions and our close allies with the aim of preserving our close relationship with both our members and friends, which is of vital importance to our existence.

Thank you very much for reading this update, if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Cocodian
Arch Chancellor of the FRA

Cocodian
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cocodian » Wed May 12, 2010 8:20 am

Good Day Ladies and Gentlemen of Nationstates;

The FRA has had a relatively quite period in terms of activity and missions over the last two weeks, with just four regions being liberated from raider attack. This is in part because of an apparent slow down in raider activity and in part due to the increased spotting efforts of the FRA. Over the past few days the FRA have been conducting training operations in numerous Warzones, capturing three in total, with our newest Rangers gaining experience of leading operations. Don't worry though, we are back to firmly defending regions now!

The Regional Recruitment Department and the Intelligence department have been taking check and consolidating previous gains, but developing plans for the future growth. The RRO department in particular has been assisting new members of the FRA and helping them become more involved in our workings and the effects should be seen soon!

The Speaker has been conducting the final Charter review, which will conclude the two term long analysis and update of our current charter. The items changed include a description on the procedure for an electoral tie, ironically suitable if you are following the UK elections and generally updating clauses. In addition to this The Rejected Realms had its status changed to a Protectorate Region, to reflect its current activity in the alliance, which will hope will develop in the future. In addition to this our cabinet minister questions will start within the next two weeks, to allow members to direct question ministers on their plans and progress.

That is all from me, if you have any questions, as always feel free to ask.

Cocodian
Last edited by Cocodian on Wed May 12, 2010 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay