NATION

PASSWORD

Treachery in The Rejected Realms!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Dark Watch
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 27, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Treachery in The Rejected Realms!

Postby Dark Watch » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:59 pm

Rejected Realm Army's Secret Campaign of Deception Uncovered!

The Rejected Realms Army, seen above, preparing for sabotage operations.

In a story brought to you exclusively by the Running Wolf, the military of the current regime in The Rejected Realms, the Rejected Realms Army (RRA), has been caught red handed secretly campaigning against potential rivals to the delegate seat. The target of their aggression, Pristine Angel, has been active in the region since the retirement of the much beloved delegate Kandarin who had effectively ruled The Rejected Realms since 2003. Kandarin announced during his retirement speech that he was giving control of both his in-game nation and the much troubled and inactive off-site government to non-TRR native Naivetry, much to the chagrin of many within the region.

Pristine Angel, whom has stated since her arrival that she is the famous former The West Pacific delegate Minineenee, has openly opposed Naivetry's rule due to her reign's inactivity and less than welcoming attitude towards new arrivals. She then started an endoswapping effort in an attempt to become delegate herself. While this may be a rebellious stance, it should be pointed out that The Rejected Realms has no rules regarding endoswappers and has not had a free and open democratic delegate elections for over 7 years.

Until recently, Pristine Angel (Minineenee) had trailed Kandarin (Naivetry) by less than 15 endorsements when suddenly Pristine Angel started losing endorsements at an alarming rate. Her nation's count dropped from over 50 endorsements to 27 and is still decreasing. This remarkable development is not random, for it has been discovered the Rejected Realms Army has been acting in secret to undermined the attempt to change the inactive Rejected Realms government. The Running Wolf has obtained this telegram from an anonymous source:

Hello resident of the Rejected Realms!
We noticed you are endorsing Pristine Angel, a puppet of the well-known player Minineenee of The West Pacific, who has a record of invading feeder regions and disrupting their communities. Currently she is trying to take the delegacy of The Rejected Realms off Naivetry (aka Kandarin), the legitimately elected delegate. To ensure the safety and stability of our region, we would like to request that you please remove your endorsement from Pristine Angel.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to telegram me.

Crazy Girl
Rejected Realms Army Commander
The Rejected Realms Head of Security

Ballots being stuffed in the recent The Rejected Realms elections

The telegram is confirmed to have originated with Crazy Girl, a well known RRA defender since at least 2004. The telegram contains several inaccuracies and, in some instances, blatant lies. The most overwhelming is the suggestion that Naivetry was legitimately elected. As mentioned previously, Nai was appointed by Kandarin as his successor. While there have been a recent attempt at "delegate elections" most outside observers are quick to point out the election was almost entirely a show, with elections barely advertised, only two candidates running for the delegate seat and Naivetry reviving nearly 90% of the total vote with over half the voters being RR Army members.

The telegram itself not only proves the Rejected Realms Army is directly involved in discrediting "threats" to the oppressive Rejected Realms government but that they will resort to any tactic necessary to carry out their objective. As of yet there has been no clear evidence linking Delegate Naivetry with this act, but since the RRA is the right arm of the delegate, it is almost certain that she was in some way aware of it.

More news as this story develops.
Running Wolf Reporter

Lone Wolves United - O' Hades, where is your victory now?

The Murtunian Tribes
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Murtunian Tribes » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:24 pm

Haha...I love it.

Crazy girl
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Crazy girl » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:37 pm

It's amazing what invaders will come up with to discredit defenders.
I wasn't going to dignify this with much more than that, since both I and the Lone Wolves United are well-known throughout Nation States, and so people will know what to believe and what not, but per request and for the sake of the newer players, I will.

Pristine Angel (Minineenee of the West Pacific) did not become active in the region, she came in after Kandarin retired and started swapping up. She didn't tell anyone of her identity, this only became known later on through other channels. Anyone familiar with Nee's history, knows that's when you need to start worrying :P

I also wouldn't call us inactive, unless you haven't been reading our updates :P
The telegram simply informs people of Nee's identity (no, she has not been open about that to those she asked to endorse her) and requests them to unendorse her.

As for the elections..
RMB posts, mass-telegram campaign to telegram all nations eligible to vote (consisting of several hundred nations), advertising it on both the forum and the WFE...really, I'd like to know what more could have been done. If you had actually been there, instead of using only secondary sources from only one side, you would have known this.
Furthermore, those who were part of the RRA and voted, also would have qualified to vote without RRA membership.

Another point I would like to make, is that the RRA is not linked to the Delegate or the goverment. It stands under my authority.

I find it amusing that you call yourself a reporter, while you make assumptions, do not ask for both sides of the story, make claims you have clearly not investigated...this is not news, my friend. This is propaganda. And a load of BS.

But yes, I did send out that telegram.

Dark Watch
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 27, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Dark Watch » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:57 pm

Correction: The editors here at the Running Wolf would like to post a correction to our recent article "Treachery in The Rejected Realms!"

We mistakenly reported that "Pristine Angel (Minineenee) had trailed Kandarin (Naivetry) by less than 15 endorsements". This is, in fact, in error, Pristine Angel actually trailed Kandarin by less than 10 endorsements, not 15, with the closest gap being at 8 endorsements prior to the start of the RRA's lie-filled unendorsement campaign.

On behalf of the entire staff at Lone Wolves United's Department of Organized Media (DOM), we would like to apologize for the mistake. It was sloppy, and quite frankly, we're better than that.
Last edited by Dark Watch on Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Running Wolf Reporter

Lone Wolves United - O' Hades, where is your victory now?

Daynor
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 25, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Daynor » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:48 pm

Thanks for clearing that up CG.

And thanks for verifying what CG said by ignoring it completely and posting a very sarcastic correction on some other minor detail DW.
Young Libertarian Conservative
Political Compass: (2.63,-1.44)
Delegate of the Conservative Coalition
Ambassador Franklin Tanner
ლ(゚д゚ლ)
Daynor

Durkadurkiranistan II
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 19, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Durkadurkiranistan II » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:57 pm

I thought LWU supported Kandarin. (not that I care either way)
Last edited by Durkadurkiranistan II on Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former Delegate of the North Pacific (x2)
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Former Delegate of Osiris
Former Delegate of Lazarus

Durkadurkiranistan II
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 19, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Durkadurkiranistan II » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:41 pm

That said I wonder how Minineenee has a 'track record' of invading and 'disrupting communities'. I have found that she legitimately cares about the well-being of her regions.
Last edited by Durkadurkiranistan II on Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former Delegate of the North Pacific (x2)
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Former Delegate of Osiris
Former Delegate of Lazarus

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:22 am

A solid point, JAL, and another clear example of the RRA spreading lies while simultaneously accusing Lone Wolves United of generating propaganda. I challenge the reader to investigate our Media Department's accusations first hand and see what they come up with.

Durkadurkiranistan II wrote:I thought LWU supported Kandarin. (not that I care either way)

We supported Kandarin, but Naivetry is not Kandarin even if she's in possession of his puppet.
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

Naivetry
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 02, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Naivetry » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:25 pm

Oh, hi EW. :)

Just need to clarify one thing, unfortunately:
Pristine Angel... has openly opposed Naivetry's rule due to her reign's inactivity and less than welcoming attitude towards new arrivals. She then started an endoswapping effort in an attempt to become delegate herself.

Factually incorrect. Neither Pristine Angel nor Neenee ever "openly opposed" anything. We had a couple of other folks who did - particularly Manetheren River - but they seem not to have been working with her. Nee's only interaction with the region at all, before her identity was publicized, was her endorsement swapping telegram. She made no posts on the RMB, and made few comments on the regional forum beyond some criticism of CG and DFD.

To repeat CG's point as well - the elections were very well-publicized. I personally sent a telegram to every nation that had been in The Rejected Realms for two weeks or longer as of Dec. 24, 2010 (minus nations of people already registered and a puppet or two that I knew belonged to other players). That was the day before voter registration closed, and because we had nine additional nations show up right afterwards, we extended the registration time and the start of voting for another few weeks.

All in all, the process was much better-publicized than any vote I've seen in the feeders... well, ever. As far as I know, no other feeder regularly TG's every nation in the region to publicize elections, so if you want to talk about legitimate elections, TRR now has the greatest claim to democratic leadership out of any of the large GCRs.

Which, true, may not be saying much. But still. :P

JAL - Nee cares, sure. She's only successfully taken over one region whose community she wasn't already a part of - at least, that I've noticed since I started playing - but in that case, the folks who were already in The East Pacific didn't appreciate her intervention. I personally believe that The Empire was a good thing for TEP's community in the long run, but that intermediary period with Nee in the delegacy certainly counts as "invading and disrupting" a community, no matter how else you spin it. I think Nee would count that disruption as part of caring for the region's well-being by eliminating ineffective leadership and creating activity... which is a philosophy I think you share. ;)

EW - Let me do you one better, and point people to the actual threads with discussion and evidence. It's all well and good to claim that the facts will bear out your interpretation when people investigate... but it's much better to actually give them the evidence and let them see for themselves - no?

Residents' registration area: http://s8.zetaboards.com/The_RR_and_RRA/topic/8256309
Identifying Pristine Angel as Neenee: http://s8.zetaboards.com/The_RR_and_RRA/topic/504638

There are a few more relevant threads surrounding the delegacy transfer, if you like popcorn and drama. I'd be happy to point them out if anyone's interested in an afternoon of angsty entertainment. But I'd be happier if folks would stop by and give their input on the new government we're working on forming: http://s8.zetaboards.com/The_RR_and_RRA/topic/8264362/

I love LWU, you know, and I'd love to have your support. But I know how the political game works - and I know it's in your interests right now to have a delegacy in TRR that's up for contention. Either way, though, the barbecue will always be waiting for you whenever you stop by. :)

Yumyum36
Secretary

Founded: Nov 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyum36 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:15 pm

what's so funny

Newest New York
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Newest New York » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:00 am

Interesting, good read Dark Watch.

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:40 am

I find it interesting that CG and Nai contest the smallest of details when it comes to the articles talk of elections but do not deny the fact that there were only two participants running and that Nai won in an absurd landslide. Also, for such an "open election" it sure is hard to find the aftermath thread on the forums. No one as linked it here yet, and I can't even find it dispute having an actual account on the TRR forums. Open elections indeed.
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

Rozonia
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 09, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Rozonia » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:09 am

I agree that it would have been nice to have more candidates, but I saw no reason why anyone couldn't have run. It was certainly well publicized and I saw no barriers to anyone running. The voter turnout probably was heavy with the RRA crowd, which contributed to the landslide, but I saw nothing beyond apathy keeping anyone else out.

Swkoll
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Swkoll » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:56 pm

:clap:
Last edited by Great Nepal on Sun Dec 21, 2012 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Need an Ignore Cannon?
Embassy NS wiki page
Current Wars: None as of now
Member of: Nothing right now
Defcon: 1 [2] 3 4 5
6*9=42
February 17, 2011: Never Forget.
Copy and paste this into your sig if you remember the old F7.
97% of People of NS won't notice I did my math wrong, if you are the 1% who did, copy and paste this into your sig.

I lost the Game.
Zonolia wrote:You are without doubt the smartest NS player ever...
Montiar wrote:Best f*cking idea for a storefront ever.

Bluth Corporation wrote:You know, I used to be anti-Obama.

Then the anti-Obama folks opened their mouths and I listened to what they had to say.

Now I'm pro-Obama.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay