NATION

PASSWORD

Is there more?

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Vlad Putin
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Is there more?

Postby Vlad Putin » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:48 am

Hi guys. I would appreciate if someone would point me to specific post numbers or specific threads where it discusses what else is there to do in this NationStates.
My nation says it has 268 million people, and I am still a minnow in influence? How can I change that?
How do I develop a capital city?
How do I do anything besides vote on the issues?

Thanks people

Jesus Strippers
Envoy

Founded: Dec 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Jesus Strippers » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:49 am

Vlad Putin wrote:Hi guys. I would appreciate if someone would point me to specific post numbers or specific threads where it discusses what else is there to do in this NationStates.
My nation says it has 268 million people, and I am still a minnow in influence? How can I change that?

Thanks people

what region are you in?
"The purpose of the journey is its goal, the purpose of an Xcursion is the process."
Economic Left/Right: 7.85
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -9.66

Great Valencia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Valencia » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:49 am

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=57608

Here for the capital and leader and religion and such.
Your influence is Minnow because you're either not large enough to have it raised, OR, you haven't been there long enough.

Game-side, all you do is vote on issues. However, on these forums, you can roleplay, etc etc.
DEFCON 5
I will now go back to my easier habits of threatening to slice babies in half in order to find who the true mother is.- The Archregimancy
One other thing: There's no rule against profanity, but there IS a rule against spam. Bear that in mind, motherfuckers. - Lunatic Goofballs
"They. Are. Alive. Too." So are bacteria. I feel no pity when I use hand sanitizer.
-Conservative Morality
I hope they don't ban it. Going to the airport is the only time I can get anyone to feel me up anymore. -Minoriteeburg
"I'd find the tallest cliff I could, stand on the edge naked and hope I was sucked off." -Fartsniffage
Military Size: 46.2 Million (1%)

Great Valencia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Valencia » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:50 am

Jesus Strippers wrote:
Vlad Putin wrote:Hi guys. I would appreciate if someone would point me to specific post numbers or specific threads where it discusses what else is there to do in this NationStates.

Thanks people

what region are you in?

:palm: :palm:
Click on his name, derp
DEFCON 5
I will now go back to my easier habits of threatening to slice babies in half in order to find who the true mother is.- The Archregimancy
One other thing: There's no rule against profanity, but there IS a rule against spam. Bear that in mind, motherfuckers. - Lunatic Goofballs
"They. Are. Alive. Too." So are bacteria. I feel no pity when I use hand sanitizer.
-Conservative Morality
I hope they don't ban it. Going to the airport is the only time I can get anyone to feel me up anymore. -Minoriteeburg
"I'd find the tallest cliff I could, stand on the edge naked and hope I was sucked off." -Fartsniffage

Jesus Strippers
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Jesus Strippers » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:52 am

Great Valencia wrote:
Jesus Strippers wrote:what region are you in?

:palm: :palm:
Click on his name, derp

right... yeah, so you are in lazuras.... i would suggest transferring to a less powerful region, and try working on regional politics.. perhaps become delegate of this smaller region... (ideally between 20-45 nations)
"The purpose of the journey is its goal, the purpose of an Xcursion is the process."

Cennora
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cennora » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:53 am

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=286

this thread has a lot of Frequently Asked Questions about, well, everything, so it might help to answer some of your questions.
Like World of Warcraft? If so, take a look at myWorld of Warcraft RP. Sign ups are now OPEN.
Self Declared Fitness Guru of Nationstates. *Flexes*
I'm distant in those hollow eyes

Great Valencia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Valencia » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:54 am

Don't confuse the newbies! Ugh, just leave this to me :lol2:

Perhaps, we can sign an alliance and you can move to my region?
DEFCON 5
-Conservative Morality

Jesus Strippers
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Jesus Strippers » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:55 am

Great Valencia wrote:Don't confuse the newbies! Ugh, just leave this to me :lol2:

or mine?

Great Valencia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Valencia » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:56 am

Jesus Strippers wrote:
Great Valencia wrote:Don't confuse the newbies! Ugh, just leave this to me :lol2:

or mine?

Mine is smaller and richer.
DEFCON 5
-Conservative Morality

Jesus Strippers
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Jesus Strippers » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:57 am

mine is in a state or turmoil just waiting for external occupation.... plus we got a bunch of stoners

Great Valencia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Valencia » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:58 am

Jesus Strippers wrote:mine is in a state or turmoil just waiting for external occupation.... plus we got a bunch of stoners

Mine is a bunch of my puppets and one of Christantle's puppets with a GRP of 205 trillion, while yours has a GRP of 62 trillion
DEFCON 5
-Conservative Morality

Jesus Strippers
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Jesus Strippers » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:58 am

Great Valencia wrote:
Jesus Strippers wrote:mine is in a state or turmoil just waiting for external occupation.... plus we got a bunch of stoners

Mine is a bunch of my puppets and one of Christantle's puppets with a GRP of 205 trillion, while yours has a GRP of 62 trillion

touche..

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:59 am

Great Valencia wrote:Game-side, all you do is vote on issues.

Not true. There's a wealth of things to do within NationStates the game, but most of them rely on you joining the right region. If you want to get involved in gameplay, you'll want to find an active region that devotes itself to gameplay. There's a helpful list of some of them here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=91780

Great Valencia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Valencia » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:00 am

Ah, but technically, what can you do other than vote on issues and use the WA? I mean, without the region and stuffz0rz
DEFCON 5
-Conservative Morality

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:03 am

Vlad Putin wrote:and I am still a minnow in influence? How can I change that?

There's information about influence here: http://www.nationstates.net/page=influence

The two important things to take from that are that influence grows the longer you remain within a region, and that joining the World Assembly & being endorsed by other WA nations gains you influence faster.

Great Valencia wrote:Ah, but technically, what can you do other than vote on issues and use the WA? I mean, without the region and stuffz0rz

Raiding & defending: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12930

You say 'without the region', but gameplay is reliant on regional politics. It's like asking what RPing you can do without posting.
Last edited by Sedgistan on Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Great Valencia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Valencia » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:04 am

Well then, derp on my case.
DEFCON 5
-Conservative Morality

Vlad Putin
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vlad Putin » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:29 am

Great Valencia wrote:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=57608

Here for the capital and leader and religion and such.
Your influence is Minnow because you're either not large enough to have it raised, OR, you haven't been there long enough.

Game-side, all you do is vote on issues. However, on these forums, you can roleplay, etc etc.

Cennora wrote:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=286

this thread has a lot of Frequently Asked Questions about, well, everything, so it might help to answer some of your questions.

Sedgistan wrote:
Great Valencia wrote:Game-side, all you do is vote on issues.

Not true. There's a wealth of things to do within NationStates the game, but most of them rely on you joining the right region. If you want to get involved in gameplay, you'll want to find an active region that devotes itself to gameplay. There's a helpful list of some of them here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=91780

Sedgistan wrote:
Vlad Putin wrote:and I am still a minnow in influence? How can I change that?

There's information about influence here: http://www.nationstates.net/page=influence

The two important things to take from that are that influence grows the longer you remain within a region, and that joining the World Assembly & being endorsed by other WA nations gains you influence faster.

Great Valencia wrote:Ah, but technically, what can you do other than vote on issues and use the WA? I mean, without the region and stuffz0rz

Raiding & defending: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12930

You say 'without the region', but gameplay is reliant on regional politics. It's like asking what RPing you can do without posting.

Thank you Friends. I don't understand the difference between regions, I am in Lezarus now.

Mahaj WA Seat
Minister

Founded: Nov 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj WA Seat » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:38 pm

just come to Tyrion.

You'll gain influence quickly.
Member of The South and Osiris
Representing Mahaj in the World Assembly.
The Mahaj Factbook.

Author of Missing Minors Act (Repealed) and In Regards to Cloning
Mike the Progressive wrote:
Brogavia wrote:Fuck bitches, get money.
You shall be my god.

Georgism wrote:Fuck off you cunt, I'm always nice.

NERVUN wrote:Yog zap!

Cool Egg Sandwich wrote:I am the Urinater..... I'll be back.

Jedi Utopians wrote:5) Now, saying that a nation couldn't be part of OPEC would be bold. AIPEC sounds like something you'd want to get checked out by a physician for.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay