NATION

PASSWORD

SHOCKING Mod exposé: History Files!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Sionis Prioratus
Senator

Founded: Feb 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

SHOCKING Mod exposé: History Files!

Postby Sionis Prioratus » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:10 pm

Seeing is believing.

I was highly amused by this!

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.nationstates.net

(I don't know what would be the most appropriate forum)
Last edited by Sionis Prioratus on Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sionis Prioratus
Senator

Ex-Nation

Re: Internet Archive!

Postby Sionis Prioratus » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:14 pm

OMG!

The Simpsons
A resolution to restrict civil freedoms in the interest of moral decency.

Category: Moral Decency Strength: Strong Proposed by: The Valley Styx
Description: The Simpsons should be the official tv show of the UN because it's so cool

Approvals: 29 (The Valley Styx, BlKlNl BOTTOM, Tortoia, Knootoss, Caradar, ANWR, Chocolate Peaceniks, Nifu, Jerabekish Alliance, Anvard, Ted Turner, Mukowland, Ermola Prime, Esamopia, Gormainia, Unified Yin and Yang, Francoistan, Democratic TV, Turres Gadol, Pearse, Andrus, Skeg, Nankin, Burrell, Southern Thai Islands, Final Shango, CanMerica, Amish Mattsylvania, Muling)

Voting Ends: Mon Jun 9 2003

http://web.archive.org/web/20030609202655/www.nationstates.net/cgi-bin/index.cgi/pin=-1/page=UN_proposal

Seriously, somebody stop me.
Last edited by Sionis Prioratus on Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 05, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:16 pm

I've gone on that website and looked at NS before. It's quite interesting.
If the knowledge isn't useful, you haven't found the lesson yet. ~Iniika
You-Gi-Owe wrote:If someone were to ask me about your online persona as a standard of your "date-ability", I'd rate you as "worth investigating further & passionate about beliefs". But, enough of the idle speculation on why you didn't score with the opposite gender.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:Clever, but your Jedi mind tricks don't work on me.

His Jedi mind tricks are insignificant compared to the power of Buffy's sex appeal.
Keronians wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:My law class took my virginity. And it was 100% consensual.

I accuse your precious law class of statutory rape.

The Emmerian Unions
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Emmerian Unions » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:20 pm

I lol'd hard at this:

Ban Pop-ups

A resolution to reduce income inequality and increase basic welfare.

Category: Social Justice Strength: Strong Proposed by: Javert
Description: When your playing a game, then a gay pop-up shows up you want to destroy your computer, vote for this to ban Pop-ups.
The Cake is a lie!
<<Peace through Fear and Superior Firepower>>

STOP AMERICAN IMPERIALISM? America is ANTI-IMPERIAL!
Ifreann wrote:"And in world news, the United States has recently elected Bill Gates as God Emperor For All Time. Foreign commentators believe that Gates' personal fortune may have played a role in his victory, but criticism from the United States of Gates(as it is now known) has been sparse and brief."
For good Russian Rock Radio, go here.
Please note, I rarely go into NSG. If I post there, please do not expect a response from me.
ALL HAIL THE GODDESS REPLOID PRODUCTIONS!

Allrule
Senator

Founded: Apr 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Allrule » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:28 pm

Ban Hippy Drug Taking

A resolution to ban, legalize, or encourage recreational drugs.

Category: Recreational Drug Use Decision: Outlaw Proposed by: Ghash
Description: I propose that the taking of marijuana in any form be banned, because:

1) It is forcing the world into economic slowdown as less and less people are willing to get off their sizeable backsides and find a job.

2) At a time when our world needs to increase its population, it is encouraging people to stay in their homes, get mashed and talk rubbish to each other instead of going out and finding a mate.

3) There are too many hippies in this world as it is. Peace is a lovely idea but let's face it, war is much more fun.

Approvals: 9 (Ghash, Amarohalla, The Populations, Bobby18049land, Christopher Walkin, Danania, Konstantia, TVOT, Ammler)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Save the Internet! Protect Net Neutrality!

"Lily? After all this time?"
"Always."
-Albus Dumbledore and Severus Snape, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2

Unibot
Senator

Founded: May 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:20 pm

Disarm the Seniors!

A resolution to slash worldwide military spending.

Category: Global Disarmament
Strength: Strong
Proposed by: LawnWWM

INVESTIGATING the myserious guns found in the pockets of disregarded pants in public swimming pool chnaging rooms
as well as the volatileness of many old women's handbags

DECIDING that seniors make up the majoraty of gun owning people

DEMANDING that all seniors be disarmed by force

SUGGESTING that govenments spare no safety precaution while dealing with these commonly underestimated amd dangerous beings

REQURIES all tough cases to be ...taken care of, discreetly

ENCOURGES nations to find a convenient iceberg to imprison their seniors on, for the good of mankind

Wow. Just, Wow.

It's so .... so....beautiful. :hug:
Last edited by Unibot on Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Great Lord Tiger
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Lord Tiger » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:26 pm

BAN Gay Men PROMOTE gay women

A resolution to restrict civil freedoms in the interest of moral decency.

Category: Moral Decency Strength: Significant Proposed by: Adam Land
Description: Jail sentences for all (so called) men, caught engaging in sexual activity with other (so called) men/s.
Sentences also apply to (so called) men dressing up like women and/or talking in funny lisp-like accents.

Extra benefits provided for any women seen engaging in sexual relations with 1 or more woman at any given time.
Benefits will depend on the level of engagement, the level of public display, and so forth.

Approvals: 6 (Magical mystery island, Hirosaki, Pseudacris, Creepy Spooky Pirates, MOOMBAH, Plinkaville)

Voting Ends: Wed Aug 6 2003

Cool story, bro.
All my II/RP information:
JOLT VETERAN

Member of: League of Armed Neutrality & Inter-Galactic Security Council

Immortal Lands of the Great Lord Tiger - "Imglot" | Imglot Fleet Warning Level (IFWAL): 1|2|3|4|5
Imglot Factbook | Terrestrial Military | Stellar Military | Forces
My political compass
Economic Left/Right: 0.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.74
I just about the same as Romano Prodi, according to the international chart

Sionis Prioratus
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sionis Prioratus » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:29 pm

Free the Musicians!
A resolution to improve worldwide human and civil rights.

Category: Human Rights Strength: Significant Proposed by: Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia
Description: Somewhere, in almost every country today there is a musician. This musician sits in a corner and crys. Why is this musician crying? I'll tell you.... It's becaused he's opressed. Everywhere he goes all he truly knows is ridicule and harrassment. He is a music lover. He enjoys participating in all musical activites, especially marching band.

Because of his interest you might imagine that others would treat him as an eclectic individual, someone that can go anywhere and be a part of many events. But alas, no this is not the case. Our young friend is called a BAND GEEK. Or MUSIC NERD. He is constantly insulted and treated like an unequal. We must stop this opression. Inside everyone of us is a band nerd. Even if the only thing you can play is the radio, you must stand up for the rights of this section of our society. Equal rights for the musicians. Through them we can truly realize the important role music plays on the enrichment of the human spirit. Don't let the music fade away. Help them become equal.

Free the Musicians!!!

Approvals: 8 (Alba a Dohnaill, Free Outer Eugenia, Westrogoticae, Biotopia, SexDrugsandRockandRoll, Anomolies, Kalogathia, Amoriah)

Voting Ends: Sun Jul 27 2003

:shock: :rofl:

Goobergunchia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Goobergunchia » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:49 pm

/me is now wondering why he approved some of the proposals he did back then.

ON EDIT: Also, you'll note that there wasn't a clear ruling outlawing repeals yet -- that didn't come until September in the wake of "Common Sense Act II".
Last edited by Goobergunchia on Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(+5175 posts from mostly pre-Jolt)
Making NationStates a different place since 17 May 2003.
ADN Advisor (Ret.)
Nasicournian Officer
Citizen of the Rejected Realms
Discord: Goobergunch#2417
Ideological Bulwark #16
Sponsor, HR#22, SC#4
Rules: GA SC
NS Game Moderator
For your forum moderation needs: The Moderation Forum
For your in-game moderation needs: The Getting Help Page
What are the rules? See the OSRS.
Who are the mods, anyway?

Sionis Prioratus
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sionis Prioratus » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:44 pm

I think I'll start a series!!

NOW & THEN!

NOW:
http://nationstates.net/kryozerkia

THEN:
http://web.archive.org/web/20031004015454/www.nationstates.net/cgi-bin/index.cgi/page=display_nation/nation=kryozerkia

Oct 04, 2003
Spotlight on:

The Republic of Kryozerkia

"Vendi Vidi Vici"

UN Category: Psychotic Dictatorship
Civil Rights: Rare Economy: Struggling Political Freedoms: Outlawed

The Republic of Kryozerkia is a small, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its punitive income tax rates. Its hard-nosed, cynical population of 12 million are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, the Environment, and Public Transport. The average income tax rate is 75%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising fourteen-year-old boys selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.

Animal Liberationists are regularly jailed, billions of Kyros are being poured into a space program, all industry is owned and run by the government, and the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is well under control, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Kryozerkia's national animal is the Blue Jay, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Kyro.

Kryozerkia is ranked 1st in the region and 1st in the world for connect error [/home/nation/tmp/ranksock]: No such file or directory.

Most Recent Government Activity: 5 hours ago

United Nations Status

Endorsements Received: 4 (Loco Verde, Brycovia, Spyrochaetia, Erthsphere)

oh noes! :shock:
Last edited by Sionis Prioratus on Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Emmerian Unions
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Emmerian Unions » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:49 pm

Sionis Prioratus wrote:
Kryozerkia is ranked 1st in the region and 1st in the world for connect error [/home/nation/tmp/ranksock]: No such file or directory.

I lol'd hard!
The Cake is a lie!

Ifreann wrote:"And in world news, the United States has recently elected Bill Gates as God Emperor For All Time. Foreign commentators believe that Gates' personal fortune may have played a role in his victory, but criticism from the United States of Gates(as it is now known) has been sparse and brief."
Please note, I rarely go into NSG. If I post there, please do not expect a response from me.

Sionis Prioratus
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sionis Prioratus » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:49 pm

Hi, Sirocco!

NOW:
http://nationstates.net/sirocco

THEN:
http://web.archive.org/web/20031007031304/http://www.nationstates.net/cgi-bin/index.cgi/page=display_nation/nation=sirocco

Oct 07, 2003
Spotlight on:

The Kingdom of Sirocco

"Nullus Anxietas"

UN Category: Corporate Bordello
Civil Rights: Some Economy: Imploded Political Freedoms: Excellent

The Kingdom of Sirocco is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its compulsory military service. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 960 million are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Healthcare and Commerce receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 95%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.

College students make ends meet by selling their kidneys, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, religious classes are compulsory for all school students, and it is illegal to make racist remarks in public. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sirocco's national animal is the flightless hippo, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the IOU.

Sirocco is ranked 1st in the region and 1,673rd in the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector.

Most Recent Government Activity: 4 hours ago

United Nations Status

Endorsements Received: 20 (Bellenia, SAF, DTAS LAND, Rillean, Hendland, Laru-Tan, Docere, Land of war and piece, Fluttergork, Tesseract, Rachels Insanity, Inauna, People and Happiness, Peng-Pau, Rinceweed, Last Hope, Englishman, Umgullia, Utter complete idiots, Boyson)
UN update pending: nation has 19 verified endorsements.

Sionis Prioratus
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sionis Prioratus » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:56 pm

Erastide!

NOW:
http://nationstates.net/erastide

THEN:
http://web.archive.org/web/20030727091223/http://www.nationstates.net/cgi-bin/index.cgi/page=display_nation/nation=erastide

Jul 27, 2003
Spotlight on:

The Grand Duchy of Erastide

"We care for all people"

UN Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy
Civil Rights: Very Good Economy: Basket Case Political Freedoms: Excellent

The Grand Duchy of Erastide is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its devotion to social welfare. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 602 million have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Social Equality. The average income tax rate is 100%. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Book Publishing.

Tourists from around the world come to visit the country's famous rainforests, college students make ends meet by selling their kidneys, billions of ducats are being poured into a space program, and organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Erastide's national animal is the peacock, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the ducat.

Most Recent Government Activity: 2 hours ago

United Nations Status

Endorsements Received: 24 (Mackenziea, The twoslit experiment, Soleria, Treenudity, Alldom, Rosenthal, Entwashia, Cataracia, Nastic, Flying Scorchios, Her Holiness Sarah, Crunchia, Haynesey Wonderland, Dragon Rex, Back Space, Orskinov, Juvenile Penis Names, Jasonand pauline, Telderia, Wilkshire, Unimog, Cynicalistia, Paranoid Delinquents, Emstarville)

Sionis Prioratus
Senator

Ex-Nation

Re: SHOCKING Mod exposé: History Files!

Postby Sionis Prioratus » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:01 pm

Just type/paste in your browser http://web.archive.org/*/http://www.nationstates.net/cgi-bin/index.cgi/page=display_nation/nation=(name) (without parenthesis!)

The Emmerian Unions
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Emmerian Unions » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:06 pm

Look for Reppy.
The Cake is a lie!

Sionis Prioratus
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sionis Prioratus » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:08 pm

A mighty ADMIN, SalusaSecondus!

NOW:
http://nationstates.net/salusasecondus

THEN:
http://web.archive.org/web/20030819060418/http://www.nationstates.net/cgi-bin/index.cgi/page=display_nation/nation=salusasecondus

Aug 19, 2003
Spotlight on:

The Dictatorship of SalusaSecondus

"What does not kill you will only make you stronger"

UN Category: Iron Fist Consumerists
Civil Rights: Unheard Of Economy: Strong Political Freedoms: Outlawed

The Dictatorship of SalusaSecondus is a huge, devout nation, notable for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, cynical population of 339 million are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Defence, although Law & Order and Religion & Spirituality are secondary priorities. The average income tax rate is 55%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Beef-Based Agriculture.

Citizens are barcoded to keep track of their movements, organ donation is compulsory, military spending recently hit a new high, and euthanasia is illegal. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. SalusaSecondus's national animal is the Sardaukar, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the Solaris.

SalusaSecondus is ranked 315th in the region and 20,030th in the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.

Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day ago

*awaits for rain of fire* :?

Sionis Prioratus
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sionis Prioratus » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:10 pm

The Emmerian Unions wrote:Look for Reppy.

Can't find Her... nor Ard... :(

EDIT: found a way! Substitute spaces for "_" :)
Last edited by Sionis Prioratus on Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sionis Prioratus
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sionis Prioratus » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:15 pm

Reploid Productions, the Ineffable Goddess of Forum 7.

NOW:
http://nationstates.net/reploid_productions

THEN:
http://web.archive.org/web/20030714112224/http://www.nationstates.net/cgi-bin/index.cgi/page=display_nation/nation=reploid_productions

Jul 14, 2003
Spotlight on:

The Shogunate of Reploid Productions

"ON VACATION! DO NOT TELEGRAM ME!"

UN Category: Corrupt Dictatorship
Civil Rights: Very Good Economy: Basket Case Political Freedoms: Outlawed

The Shogunate of Reploid Productions is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 651 million are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Defence, although Social Equality and Education are secondary priorities. The average income tax rate is 88%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.

The government is reigning in public spending, military spending recently hit a new high, same-sex marriages are increasingly common, and organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Reploid Productions's national animal is the reploid dragon, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the arpean yen.

Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day ago

United Nations Status

Endorsements Received: 4 (Sneaky Bastards, Xertania, Omnimperia, Somtaaw)
UN update pending: nation has 5 verified endorsements.

Reppy, we're glad you found Goddesshood! :bow: :clap: :D
Last edited by Sionis Prioratus on Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sionis Prioratus
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sionis Prioratus » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:22 pm

Kat!

NOW:
http://nationstates.net/katganistan

THEN:
http://web.archive.org/web/20031012180020/http://www.nationstates.net/cgi-bin/index.cgi/page=display_nation/nation=katganistan

Oct 12, 2003
Spotlight on:

The People's Republic of Katganistan

"Sane, Sensible and Sound"

UN Category: Democratic Socialists
Civil Rights: Some Economy: Fair Political Freedoms: Good

The People's Republic of Katganistan is a massive, safe nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its compassionate population of 1.092 billion are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Social Equality, Education, and Defence. The average income tax rate is 34%, but much higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, followed by Book Publishing and Uranium Mining.

The government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid, the government awards prizes to television shows featuring stereotype-breaking minority roles, the nation's first space rocket -- sponsored by Pepsi and shaped like an enormous soda bottle -- is being developed, and the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Katganistan's national animal is the Scottish Deerhound, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the QuiGonn.

Katganistan is ranked 3rd in the region and 14,870th in the world for Largest Gambling Industry.

Most Recent Government Activity: 12 hours ago

Sionis Prioratus
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sionis Prioratus » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:27 pm

So far could not find Ard, Py, [violet], nor Maxtopia. :(

Sirocco
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sirocco » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:46 am

Goobergunchia
Game Moderator

Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Goobergunchia » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:13 am

You can also get some pre-Francos Pacific snapshots, such as this one under Thedoc's Delegacy. Also, I remember being similarly surprised when Francos had that many endorsements - I had a thread entitled The Most Endorsed Person in NationStates in March 2004.

Also, yay Lancre.
(+5175 posts from mostly pre-Jolt)
Making NationStates a different place since 17 May 2003.
ADN Advisor (Ret.)
Nasicournian Officer
Citizen of the Rejected Realms
Discord: Goobergunch#2417
Ideological Bulwark #16
Sponsor, HR#22, SC#4
Rules: GA SC
NS Game Moderator
For your forum moderation needs: The Moderation Forum
For your in-game moderation needs: The Getting Help Page
What are the rules? See the OSRS.
Who are the mods, anyway?

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:30 am

Can't even find myself as a Danish minnow back in March 2007.

Sionis Prioratus
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sionis Prioratus » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:41 am

Charlotte Ryberg wrote:Can't even find myself as a Danish minnow back in March 2007.

Found you! :) (not March nor Danish, though)
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.nationstates.net/-1/page=display_nation/nation=charlotte_ryberg
Last edited by Sionis Prioratus on Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay