NATION

PASSWORD

Flag Thief Returns!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Flag Thief
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 19, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Flag Thief » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:25 pm

I thank you for your hospitality. Alas, a Flag Thief can not call any region home, for they must move on to new victims, new victories.

Today I noticed a post from the Black Hawks, bragging about a number of regions they managed to invade. Makes one wonder where the defenders are hanging out these days?

The Soaring Black Hawk of Halcones

16 hours ago
10th February 2011, Major update

No records beaten, but again The Black Hawks swooped through Nationstates, claiming all in their path. A further 10 regions were taken. Timing was almost always accurate, rarely beyond 10 seconds, with the best timing of 2 seconds! This is the second time we have achieved such an accurate timing, claiming the region within only 2 seconds from arrival. There was no fenda resistance, though we were able to cause mass fenda casualties in the many regions we captured. Namely Moperville, in which TITO still had access to delegate controls. We were so fast that they were unable to do anything. In all raids, fendas had no time to respond, or simply just gave up.

This time, not only small, weak targets were shot down. The Black Hawks also hit bigger, more valuable targets, namely Iran and Draconian Alliance. Both these regions had delegates. In the case of Draconian Alliance, the native delegate had reigned for an impressive 1191 days! His time had come.

The full list of victims claimed last update is:

Neuropa
Coalition of Christian Nations
Downunder
Moleton
Moperville
Iran
Republicans
Hippie Islands
Bordeaux
Draconian Alliance

Troops involved were The Soaring Black Hawk of Halcones, The Dominion of Soaring Tikal, The TBH Nation of Tramiar and The UNAMita of Free Noldor States. Congrats all.

All shall fall in our path. Nobody is safe now.

- Halcones

I wondered if I could sneak in and steal the flag of these invaders, and see!

Today's victim of the Flag Thief is: The Black Hawks!

Free Noldor States
Attaché

Founded: Jan 15, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Noldor States » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:07 pm

I do not approve of this flag stealing. You will be hearing from our lawyers. :p
D E N

Mad insane genius
Political Columnist

Founded: May 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mad insane genius » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:46 pm

How dare you steal our flag >:(

Lawyers will be used :evil: ... So will our nukes :twisted:

Soaring Tikal
Secretary

Founded: Feb 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Soaring Tikal » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:05 am

We are actually proud you noticed us! There was a good reason to eh? :)

Keep watching ;)

Flag Thief
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Flag Thief » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:22 pm

It would seem Sedgistan, the forum moderator, has made a supersticky for the Gameplay forum, linking to all the important threads this forum contains. After hearing he even linked my thread, I felt flattered, perhaps a tad honored. Until I noticed under which header he listed it.

He thinks stealing flags is funny? Random even? It's a lot of work!

Sedgistan, you are my next victim. See if you find this funny!

(And thank you for listing this thread. Now I feel the pressure of having to post here regularly.)

Maltropia
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:47 pm

It just isn't the same when you use it. :p
Ɛ> Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING || [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|
Call me Mal(t). Reduce risk of carpal tunnel syndrome!
GE&T:Maritime Imperial Shipwrights | T-O Cartographic
II:Amistad, EATC signatory | PRV founder | CFDS, FIR, ECU member
F&NI:IIwiki | Factbook | Embassy program
WA:Represented by Ambassador Seán Lemass

I used to be a Roleplay Mentor and still love to help people. Find me on Discord and I'll help if I can.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:38 pm

It's sooooo odd seeing my flag with a 2004 founding date underneath it. Makes me wish I'd been around on NS a couple of years earlier.

Flag Thief wrote:(And thank you for listing this thread. Now I feel the pressure of having to post here regularly.)

I'll bump you up to "Recent News" or even "Topical Discussions" if you steal a new flag every day :P

VERBURGIA
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 21, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby VERBURGIA » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:40 pm

looking at my date, it makes me realize that i shouldn't have taken a 6 year sabbatical

Unibot II
Senator

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:02 am

Sedgistan wrote:It's sooooo odd seeing my flag with a 2004 founding date underneath it. Makes me wish I'd been around on NS a couple of years earlier.

Try 2011. :p
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Flag Thief
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Flag Thief » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:04 pm

Yes, it's an old joke, but still popular apparently considering all the fan mail I keep getting.

While checking the technical forum in the hopes for someone to make flag stealing easier, I noticed a thread that sparked quite the discussion amongst Gameplayers.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=99254

What the discussion is about? I'm not sure. I just couldn't keep my eyes off the lovely flag of the topic starter. I simply had to steal it.
So with much delight, I present to you my victim of the day: Improving Wordiness!

Improving Wordiness
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Improving Wordiness » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:04 pm

Happy Flag wearing Flag Thief!
Thank you for the compliment :)
Klaus Devestatorie wrote:I'm a massive tool. ;)

Unibot II
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:20 am

>_>
<_<
>_>
<_<

I'm so confused... there's two of you...

>_>
<_<

But.. but..I don't have enough love for two crushes... *eyes a certain oddball* I mean.. three.. yeah... three. Um.. anyway... now I'm utterly confused as to which one I'm suppose to be swooning over...

*looks closer*

Oh, shit.. you have different names.. nevermind. Forrrrrget the above monologue ever existed! Bah. *runs upstairs to his bedroom like a little girl* :blush:
Last edited by Unibot II on Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;

Improving Wordiness
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Improving Wordiness » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:44 am

Uni you have love coming out of the wazoo.
Easy enough to share around :lol:
Klaus Devestatorie wrote:I'm a massive tool. ;)

Halcones
Spokesperson

Founded: May 08, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Halcones » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:42 am

Thanks for advertising our victories further Wordy :p

The Western Reaches
Minister

Founded: Jul 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Western Reaches » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:51 am

But what flag will flag thief choose when he settles down?

Some questions will only be answered at the end of the universe...
Tipper mc Westy's Graphics
East Fancainia: I want to go to her house and scream "You aint got no pancake mix!" just to see if they're Christians or not.
Olthar: It doesn't need bullets. All your enemies will simply commit suicide upon witnessing the awesomeness of the silenced knife.
Krytenia: Sleep first, post later.
Nobel Hobos: What I don't understand is why a chicken can't just cross a damn road without every man and his dog questioning its motives.
Gauthier:The only thing higher than the rent... is Charlie Sheen.
Fibbleites: Trying to do anything on there was like playing Russian Roulette and hoping for the bullet.
San Pellegrino Romana: Let's make Hayaba puppets.

Grandais
Minister

Founded: Jan 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Grandais » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:57 am

I'm relatively new, so I haven't ever heard of you before, but it's been nice hearing about your exploits!
DEFCON 5 [4] 3 2 1
Grandais News|Factbook|Embassies

Unibot II
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:45 am

Improving Wordiness wrote:Easy enough to share around :lol:

*comes out of his bedroom with teary eyes* Yeah.. you'd like that wouldn't you.. bah.. *runs back to his bedroom with --once again-- a girly skip to his step*

*some of his screams echo from his bedroom* GAWD, I'M SUCH A MORON! UGH!!!

.... :p
Last edited by Unibot II on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Northern Chittowa
Envoy

Founded: Mar 03, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Northern Chittowa » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:09 pm

You are one strange fellow Uni...

Flag Thief
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Flag Thief » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:36 pm

Well, that was bizzarre. Yesterday, I mention the following in my previous post:

While checking the technical forum in the hopes for someone to make flag stealing easier

And a little more than 3 hours later, this thread was made. I'm not sure if this will make it easier for me, harder or doesn't matter at all. But it does show [violet] is watching us all. Be afraid.

On to my theft of the day. From the hallowed halls of the Security Council, I heard some mumbling, some grumbling and shouts. Nothing out of the usual, of course, were it not that I heard mention of Fudge.

As a big fan of anything sweet, I decided to sneak a peek. Apparently, a discussion was going on regarding the commendation of Fudgetopia. Some residents of the South Pacific wanted to make this a tribute from the region, but the mods don't allow regions to be mentioned as co-authors. Now the South Pacificans are discussing how and if they want to submit this proposal.
Will Fudgetopia[ get her commendation? Will the South Pacific be able to sneak around this ruling, or simply comply with it?

You'll have to read the Security Council forum for those answers. I'm just enjoying the fudge I stole along with the flag.
Last edited by Flag Thief on Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unibot II
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:42 pm

*perks up*

Fudge!? Did someone say fudge? I lovvvvvveeee... fudge!! Gimme Gimme! *runs out of his bedroom after the supposed foodstuff*
Last edited by Unibot II on Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hungramy
Minister

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Hungramy » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:44 pm

cool, we have a flag thief how many online sites like NS have that

Maltropia
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:06 am

Fudge; good choice. Spread a little happiness and deliciousness around the site. :p
Ɛ> Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING || [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|
Call me Mal(t). Reduce risk of carpal tunnel syndrome!
GE&T:Maritime Imperial Shipwrights | T-O Cartographic
II:Amistad, EATC signatory | PRV founder | CFDS, FIR, ECU member
F&NI:IIwiki | Factbook | Embassy program
WA:Represented by Ambassador Seán Lemass

I used to be a Roleplay Mentor and still love to help people. Find me on Discord and I'll help if I can.

Flag Thief
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Flag Thief » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:12 am

Well, seems after my latest theft, Fudge eventually did get commended. Congratulations!

And also congratulations are in order for today's victim, The World Assembly!
Today is it's 3rd birthday. It was created after the organisation we won't mentioned needed to be abolished.

On April first, we were informe that the United Nations orders the closure of the United Nations.

http://www.nationstates.net/page=news/2 ... index.html

United Nations orders closure of United Nations
by Max Barry
Mon, 31 Mar 2008

[ Read the full Cease & Desist notice here ]

The (real) United Nations has demanded NationStates "immediately cease and desist from using the United Nations name and emblem," as it "is unauthorized and in violation of of the provisions of international and U.S. laws."

Reaction inside the NationStates world was swift and brutal: faced with this extra-dimensional incursion, the NS United Nations collapsed. Stunned member nations stared on in disbelief; Gatesville regional residents wandered about in a daze, unsure how to feel and wondering what to do with their lives.

But bureaucracy abhors a vacuum, so almost immediately the proposals rang out for a new organization, one that would serve the same, admirable function as the United Nations, but without the lawsuits. Thus, behold! The World Assembly!

Being a veteran NationStates player, I too thought it was a good joke. Surely this real UN had better things to do than hunt down online games using their name.

Umm..no.

A day later, the next announcement was made:

http://www.nationstates.net/page=news/2 ... index.html

April Fools No-Prank
by Max Barry
Tue, 01 Apr 2008

So it's April 2. And we still have a World Assembly. What this means is if you were thinking this year's April Fool's prank wasn't very believable and didn't fool you for a second... you've been no-pranked.

No joke: the United Nations really has demanded we cease & desist from using their name. That's a real cease and desist letter.

[ Get the full story here! ]

When the letter arrived, the whole thing sounded so much like an April Fool's gag, we decided to use it as one. It was perfect: experienced NationStates players, hardened to our April 1 shenanigans, could no longer be fooled by anything... except the truth.

And thus, the World Assembly was born, on April 1st, 2008.

Of all the April fools pranks we have seen over the year, this is still my favorite.

Happy birthday, World Assembly!

(Yes, and I am annoyed Unibot is taking his time with that condemnation)

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:22 am

Ooh, good choice.

Unibot II
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:54 pm

Yes, and I am annoyed Unibot is taking his time with that condemnation

Aw, I'm sorry Flag Thief, I wub you. Image
Last edited by Unibot II on Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay