NATION

PASSWORD

Make your exchange rate better?

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
European-Commonwealth
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Make your exchange rate better?

Postby European-Commonwealth » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:11 am

Hello, I'm just wondering because I'm using an NS calculator, how do you make your exchange rate better because it hasn't budged at all since I created this nation. I know issues are needed but... well, what types of issues? I'd just like to have a better exchange rate than the one I currently have. By the way, the NS calculator I'm using is this.
"We must build a kind of United States of Europe. In this way only will hundreds of millions of toilers be able to regain the simple joys and hopes which make life worth living." - Winston Churchill, 1946

"A day will come when all nations on our continent will form a European brotherhood... A day will come when we shall see... the United States of America and the United States of Europe face to face, reaching out for each other across the seas." - Victor Hugo 1849

The United States of Europe
The United European Superstate
The European Federation
The European Commonwealth

Same thing with many names, Europa stands tall

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:33 am

Basically, look out for issues which have answers which promote business and industry, the free market, increase the economic freedoms and invest in commerce and the economy. Try to avoid options which tax the rich, restrict the way the industry operates or restrict research.

If you change the number of issues to two per day in the Settings page, the progress would be a little faster, but it would take patience to get the economic rating to "Frightening", the highest rating. The highest exchange rate possible is about $2 per unit of currency.
Last edited by Charlotte Ryberg on Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Phing Phong
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 04, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Phing Phong » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:36 am

It comes from your economic freedoms rating on calculators. If I were you I'd set an exchange rate yourself - 1 Yen is far less valuable than 1 Euro, but that doesn't make Japan a "Basket Case" and Europe a "Frightening" on the Economic Freedoms front.
Incompetent Buddhist, liberal centrist and militant queer

Embassy Program | NSwiki Pages | Factbook | Map | National Anthem | Constitution | Phing Phong Fine Rices | Culture Test
Member of the Stonewall Alliance, open to all LGBT-friendly nations!

La Habana
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby La Habana » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:40 am

Having a tax rate of 0% helps your economy immeasurably, look at my page on that calculator website you use: http://tracker.conquestofabsolution.com/la_habana
The Original CyberPunk Dystopia of NationStates.
Proteus of F7, God of Foresight and Transformation.
LA HABANA FACTBOOK
Council Member of The Vladivostok Alliance.
New Sociopia wrote:Really camp Jesus flailing his wrists wildly and saying 'Like, ohmygod! Get out of the temple bitches! You aren't nearly fabulous enough!'
La Habana wrote:
Kalasparata wrote:I own most of Antarctica!

Like hell you do.

Vitoriasa
Envoy

Founded: Aug 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vitoriasa » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:27 pm

Thanks also for the replies; I was wondering the same!
The Republic of Vitoriasa

Conflicts:
Phonencian-Zonolian War - Victory
DEFCON: 1 2 3 4 5

Corvinna
Attaché

Founded: Sep 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Corvinna » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:58 pm

On a similar note, my nation just went from Very Strong to Good overnight, and I'm not quite sure what I did to make the economy go down that quickly.

Here's where I stand so far:

http://www.nationstates.net/corvinna

http://tracker.conquestofabsolution.com/corvinna
Freedom? Freedom is an illusion. You all, every one of you, serve and obey your masters every single day. Children obey their parents to avoid being punished. Adults obey their employers to avoid being fired. Good citizens obey the law to avoid imprisonment. You ALL obey ME to avoid a very painful death. Freedom, my friends, is life’s great lie. Once you accept that, in your hearts, you will know peace.”

Lady Morrigana, Supreme Ruler and One True Goddess of the Empire of Corvinna

“It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind.”

Terry Pratchett, Jingo
Economic Left/right: -2.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarianism: 5.38
https://www.politicalcompass.org/analysis2?ec=-2.25&soc=5.38

Return to Gameplay