NATION

PASSWORD

Exciting Events in The East Pacific!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Exciting Events in The East Pacific!

Postby Todd McCloud » Tue May 12, 2009 11:08 pm

Get ready! We're kicking off the summer with a few tricks up our sleeves, and invite you to get involved in the fun!

First up is our "What if" Forum, which explores the various what-ifs and plays out different scenarios in and across NationStates. What if Max Barry had been Austrian and not Australian? What if The Rejected Realms could ban someone? What if a userite region was selected to become a feeder? Exciting debates are sure to follow!

Next, we plan to host a NationStates Debate Contest. That's right, a debate contest! We're looking to get competitors from all walks of NS life - not just from our beautiful region! Please, show us your stuff, get acclimated and sign up! We're accepting sign-ups and will continue to do so until a pre-determined date (which is stated in the post!), so be sure to sign up and reserve your spot for the battle of the wits!

Finally, we have something special planned for NSers - the very first NationStates Hall of Fame. We are currently in the process of creating a committee of judges to determine HOF eligibility, and are tentatively planning to hold the ceremony some time in mid-June. It promises to be thrilling and exciting! Speakers for each inductee will be personally asked to speak on the inductee's behalf, and those selected will be forever seated in the Hallowed Halls of the NS HOF!

I personally hope to see you in all events in this early "Summer of NationStates", and can't wait to see you join the excitement. Good luck!

- Todd McCloud
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Northern Chittowa
Envoy

Founded: Mar 03, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Re: Exciting Events in The East Pacific!

Postby Northern Chittowa » Wed May 13, 2009 2:38 am

Im interested in the HoF, if you need any help with it let me know :)

Ive always wanted to see something like that, so if its done right, it will be good!

Todd McCloud
Senator

Postby Todd McCloud » Wed May 13, 2009 8:52 am

Northern Chittowa wrote:Im interested in the HoF, if you need any help with it let me know :)

Ive always wanted to see something like that, so if its done right, it will be good!

I would actually appreciate the help.

We're trying to have it so that every "group" or clique in NS has their own representation, ie, a raider, a defender, someone who is savvy at roleplaying, someone (or some people) who know user-created regions well as well as those who know feeders well, someone who has been on jolt a lot and would know the score there, etc. It will take a tremendous amount of coordination, but I believe it can be done with the right people... I will gladly take experience and availability over an overall depth in whatever field we're investigating.

I believe I have my AIM and MSN on here. Feel free to drop me a line.

Northern Chittowa
Envoy

Founded: Mar 03, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Northern Chittowa » Wed May 13, 2009 3:15 pm

Sure then, ill give you a hand.

If i dont talk to you first, drop me a PM on the FRA forums.

Todd McCloud
Senator

Postby Todd McCloud » Wed May 13, 2009 3:44 pm

Sounds like a plan.

So far, the voting committee consists of Cisco, myself, and Kandarin. We're working on getting a diverse yet experienced group together. I'll be asking around tonight.

Caninope
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Caninope » Sat May 16, 2009 8:58 pm

Actually I wouldn't mind joining.
I'm the Pope
Secretly CIA interns stomping out negative views of the US
Türkçe öğreniyorum ama zorluk var.
Winner, Silver Medal for Debating
Co-Winner, Bronze Medal for Posting
Co-Winner, Zooke Goodwill Award

Agritum wrote:Arg, Caninope is Captain America under disguise. Everyone knows it.
Frisivisia wrote:
Me wrote:Just don't. It'll get you a whole lot further in life if you come to realize you're not the smartest guy in the room, even if you probably are.

Because Caninope may be in that room with you.
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Thankfully, we have you and EM to guide us to wisdom and truth, holy one. :p
Norstal wrote:What I am saying of course is that we should clone Caninope.

Return to Gameplay