NATION

PASSWORD

The United Federation of Planets Report

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Small Huts
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Antiquity
Left-wing Utopia

The United Federation of Planets Report

Postby Small Huts » Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:42 pm

Ad Astra Per Aspera

After the Founder Ceased to Exist in The United Federation of Planets, the Region was thrown into chaos. Many fled for safer lands. A few were determined to return The Federation to safety.

Redshirts was the first Nation in The Federation to post on the Regional message board. Since the beginning they have conducted military and intelligence operations for Starfleet in and out of the Region and served as Federation Council member for United Earth for a time. Their observations and eventual report on the state of the Region were instrumental in setting the conditions for making the Region safe toward long term stability. Redshirts obtained World Assembly membership and endorsed Andorian Imperialist Guard.

Andorian Imperialist Guard was a very vocal opposition to invaders who merely wished to use The Federation for their own sport. Defenders were slow to respond and sometimes completely unhelpful. This displeased Andorian Imperialist Guard enough to support refounding the Region and, having accepted the role of World Assembly Delegate and defacto President, set up Password Protection of the Region in 2017 toward that end.

Unfortunately Andorian Imperialist Guard also Ceased to Exist, perhaps died of boredom, and for six long years the Region languished with sleepers equally obstinate about returning The Federation to chaos for their Invader friends. But Redshirts had been granted all but Executive power by the former president and refused to remove the password, vowing that some day The Federation would rise again. That day has come!

Having carefully reviewed the new rules, Redshirts quietly arranged for select new Nations to enter and endorse him to the Delegacy for the transformation to Stronghold status to finally accomplish their mission. Since the rules have changed and there is no longer any benefit in continuing to fully refound The Federation, Redshirts, operating as Starfleet Intelligence, has declared the mission successful and is advancing Admiral Archer to the Governorship for long term defence of the Region.

The United Federation of Planets is now open to all friendly Nations. Former Natives are welcome to return home if they wish. We know some of you are still out there. We will be building and rebuilding relationships with like minded Regions. It’s a bold new era for The Federation. Who will be part of it?

Report from Starfleet Command written by Small Huts on ISO date 2023.06.29
Last edited by Small Huts on Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:35 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Current:
World Assembly Delegate of The United Federation of Planets
Governor of The United Federation of Planets
Cure Squad Security of Equilism
Former:
World Assembly Delegate of Equilism
Chief Minister of Equilism (and minister in all departments)
ερωτâv πάντα

Small Huts
Chargé d'Affaires

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Small Huts » Sun Jul 16, 2023 6:30 pm

The Charter Means Freedom

Sentient systems throughout the sector are abuzz with the news that the Second Council of Babel has convened to sign the amended Charter of The United Federation of Planets. Rumour has it that Admiral Archer himself had a hand in it’s drafting. Whether it’s true or not it seems to be lending a lot of credibility to the document and, if early polls are to be trusted, it is expected to pass by a unanimous vote. Many planetary social systems have gathered to witness the event and partake in the festivities.

Ambassador Slea Durgadil and her husband Professor Skaibruk took time out to talk with us this week on The Interview.

UFPR: Thank you for joining us Ambassador.

Amb.SD: Thank-you for speaking to us.

UFPR: Professor

Prof.S: The pleasure is mine Dorpmundur. The Federation Report is a renowned source in my quadrant.

DFPR: Can you share with us some of the excitement you’re experiencing here?

AMb.SD: It’s hard to describe. I’ve never seen anything quite like it. Everyone is enjoying themselves so much. Did you see the breakfast buffet for the Delegates this morning? SO extravagant. Noone could be disappointed.

Prof.S: Oh my the poached rodentiam. I’ll never forget it.

Amb.SD: And I’ll never stop hearing about it

(laughter)

UFPR: That sound, I keep hearing it here.

Amb.SD: Joy? Yes, it’s everywhere.

UFPR: Why do you think that is?

Amb.SD: Well, peace and security I expect. Think about the period of fear and uncertainty we’ve lived through. Six years is a long time to be looking over one’s shoulder all the time.

Prof.S: More than six.

Amb.SD: More than six indeed. Only listening to local frequencies, travelling unregistered carriers, it gets taxing. I’ve been afraid to make eye contact with any species because you don’t know who might be watching and waiting for another moment to bring disruption. And if you have eyes like mine that’s not easy. I can finally let my gill filaments flow in the breaze.

Prof.S: I know. I caught myself preening in public the other day. I can’t remember the last time I was so comfortable.

UFPR: How did it make you feel.

Prof.S: Relieved. Relaxed. Free.

Amb.SD: That’s what we’re looking forward to most of all. The freedom to race through the wind and waves again, to hear the children play in the trees.

Prof.S: To chase them down for dinner.

Amb.SD: Patch their skinned knees.

Prof.S: To sing!

Amb.SD: Yes. The freedom to sing our songs for everyone to hear, joyful of the outcome.

UFPR: You must be looking forward to the entertainment tonight then.

Prof.S: The Andor Clash Quintet. Yes certainly, their harmonics are out of this world.

Amb.SD: Literally!

(laughter)

UFPR: What else are you looking forward to?

Amb.SD: We’re sitting at Admiral Archer’s table this evening.

UFPR: Wow!

Prof.S: I know, my filoplumes are tingling at the thought of it. I’m looking forward to asking him about how he got us here to this point. Determination I’m sure, but what are the details?

UFPR: Will you ask him how much input he had in the new Charter for us?

Amb.SD: I certainly will. I’m dying to know myself. I’m hoping he can introduce us to those brave Redshirts after the meal. I must thank them for their service. I'm sure they have many stories.

UFPR: I’m sure they do. Well, I know you have some elbows to rub, but I have just one more question for you. Will you recommend signing the Charter to your governments?

Amb.SD: Absolutely.

ProfS: Oh yes.

Amb.SD: There are a lot of considerations, but they’d be fools not to consider it seriously. Anyone with an inclination should join the Federation if they can in my opinion. I've already put in my request to be reposted to a signatory planet.

UFPR: I want to thank you so much for taking a few moments with us today.

Amb.SD: Thank you, Dorpmundur.

Ambassador Durgadil is the Special Envoy from Drialgili VII and her Husband is Professor of Interspecies Music at Antares Interstellar University.

This report written for The United Federation of Planets by Small Huts on ISO 2023.07.16
Last edited by Small Huts on Sun Jul 16, 2023 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Current:
Former:
ερωτâv πάντα

Small Huts
Chargé d'Affaires

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Small Huts » Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:20 am

Starfleet Academy is Accepting Applications

Do you long to travel the stars? Do you want to explore new worlds?
    Starships of the fleet regularly engage in mission voyages to new civilisations to learn about alien planets and their inhabitants. Through knowledge and understanding we strive to engender peace and cooperations among diverse species. Space is the final frontier and if you are bold enough to go where noone has gone before then Starfleet Academy wants to hear from you.

Startfleet Academy has opened its doors for Cadet admissions. With decades of in-game experience, Federation instructors from Equilism and The West Pacific impart a wealth of vital training in a few weeks time, making Starfleet training some of the most concise in the galaxy. Fields of study include;

• Communications - to reach all corners of the galaxy
  • Diplomacy - to develop relationships with diverse populations,
  • Tactical and Security - for the strategies needed to protect vulnerable Regions,
  • Command Techniques - for successful operations of Regions, and
  • Intelligence - to enable the skills to gather and understand information needed for manoeuvring within the galaxy

These foundational skills are studied in twelve simple assignments to impart the necessary information cadets need to start exploring new worlds as efficiently and competently as possible. No other organisation can get Cadets understanding the basics of interRegional interactions faster. Startfleet Academy proudly introduces its preeminent training which prepares graduates more diversely than any other marital training program anywhere. Experience has taught members of The United Federation of Planets(TUFoP) that ignorance of interRegional understanding and cooperations or martial defence can be disastrous. Everyone should have the skills needed to defend their Region of space. Graduates are free to remain with Starfleet as Officers of the fleet or to take their skills to other Regions to advance the cause of galactic peace.

The Federation Appoints The Crimson Order

The United Federation of Planets has been in communication with The Crimson Order(TCO) to arrange for it to perform in the capacity of Interplanetary Supreme Court of Justice as dictated by the Federation Charter. Citizens of The North Pacific(TNP) could be heard voicing their concern. The Crimson Order is certainly not without controversy and many galactic governments are concerned about the opportunity for corruption. There are still some alive who remember TCO being part of a coup in TNP, but Admiral Archer quickly responded at a recent news conference attempting to set the record straight.

“The Crimson Order will be bound by the spirit of the Federation Charter just like any member of the Federation is”, Archer reassured, “and Federation legislators are already busy at work drafting specific directives for the judges of the Order to ensure justice continues in the Federation the way citizens have become accustomed to. We have had our differences, but who hasn’t? How we have dealt with those differences has shown me that the Federation can trust The Crimson Order. I wouldn’t have entertained discussions with them if I wasn’t sure of that. I consider TheCrimsonKing a personal friend and if the Order doesn’t behave accordingly, he’ll have to answer to me”.

There was the customary applause and contented murmurings after Archer’s responses, but it still remains to be seen if TCO can stick to the rules as they apply to TUFoP and what if anything Johnathan Archer can do to make them should they break the Charter of The United Federation of Planets.

This report written for The United Federation of Planets by Small Huts on ISO 2023.08.18
Last edited by Small Huts on Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Current:
Former:
ερωτâv πάντα

Small Huts
Chargé d'Affaires

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Small Huts » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:21 am

Crewing the Enterprise

The United Federation of Planets and her allies have been arduously selecting a ship and a crew to people her for the past several months. The crew is largely in place now with only the most senior officers left to be assigned.

The prime Enterprise NCC-1701-A is the vessel of choice for most people.
Quark has been chosen to run the bar. everyone expects it to be very successful.
The Federation thought noone better to operate the Communications station than Lt. Nyota Uhura.
Chief Miles O’Brien was a favourite among many and narrowly lost out being assigned to Engineering, but will instead operate as Chief Transporter Operator. We can all trust our pattern to him.
Lt. Commander Data is at Ops, as it should be, and Montgomery Scott will serve as Chief Engineer, same.
Lt. Erica Ortegas beat out a tough field to obtain the Flight Control position and Ensign Pavel Chekov will be her Navigator.
Constable Odo is our highly capable Chief of Security.
Rounding out our senior crew is Counsellor Deana Troy, Nurse Christine Chapel, and Commander T’Pol in the Chief Science Officer’s chair.

Who will be the Captain, Executive Officer and Head Surgeon? The process continues with many excellent candidates to choose from.

This report written for The United Federation of Planets by Small Huts on ISO 2024.02.13
Current:
Former:
ερωτâv πάντα

Return to Gameplay