NATION

PASSWORD

How to Build a Region

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sun May 12, 2013 4:20 pm

El Me wrote:I have tried recruitment telegrams and still no one is moving to my region Woodvile :(
What else can i do?

To start with, you need to start marking your recruitment telegrams as Recruitment by checking the "Recruitment" checkbox. Everything you've sent out so far has been illegal.

Next, you should probably telegram new nations, as the various Founders, Delegates, Mods, and other well established nations are unlikely to pay you the slightest attention.

Third, you have perhaps the least interesting regional advertisement I've ever seen. I'm surprised even you wanted to move there after reading that.

Try joining an active region for a while and see how other people do things. New regions rarely succeed without the player first testing the waters elsewhere.

The platforms of Hetalia7
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The platforms of Hetalia7 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:12 pm

On Founders: Some regions share the founding nation(share the password) with a few trusted people. Ensuring security that the founder will not be deleted from inactivity, and makes sure that the region is protected in more parts of the day as others. If there's only one person left you can just pass down the nation to another group.
Social Authoritarian/Social Libertarian: -7.88
Economic Right/Economic Left: -8.88

98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:26 pm

The platforms of Hetalia7 wrote:Some regions share the founding nation(share the password) with a few trusted people.

Officially we discourage the sharing of nations. When you share the password of a nation with another player, you hand over ownership at the same time. If your "trusted friend" decides to share with someone less trustworthy or simply changes the password and ejects everyone from the region, it would then be perfectly legal. It's not "hacking" when you gave them the password.

It's up to you to balance whether the desire for continuity outweigh the risk of sharing. Don't ask for mod assistance getting such nations restored to their original owners, as we can't and won't help.

Conservative Kingdom
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Conservative Kingdom » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:05 am

My region is called Westminster Democratic Assembly join us

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:28 am

Conservative Kingdom wrote:My region is called Westminster Democratic Assembly join us

Post a new thread to advertise your region rather than spamming up others.

Vaktrania
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaktrania » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:27 am

This was very useful.
-Imogen Hanover

Centertalia
Secretary

Founded: May 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Centertalia » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:03 am

I accidentally sent recruitment telegrams to a few (3 or 4) nations without labeling it as such. What can I do to prevent disciplinary action?
I am an EXTREME centrist!
Look: here's the proof:
Economic Left/Right: -0.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian 1.28

98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.

The Ultra Clown
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ultra Clown » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:11 pm

So how does one delegate positions? Ive seen regions with like economical adviser or something odd like that, how is that handled?

The North Polish Union
Senator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The North Polish Union » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:12 pm

Currently, all positions other than founder and WA Delegate are not covered by the game mechanics and are, in a practical sense, merely figureheads with no in-game power. Although, generally these officers do have some degree of power as, say, I would be recognized by other regions as being in charge of my region's foreign affairs, despite the fact that I do not have the power to open or close in-game embassies. Such positions are created for political expediency, to further "democracy" in NationStates,a dn to take some of the workload for administering the region off of the founder and delegate.
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:keep your wet opinions to yourself. Byzantium and Ottoman will not come again. Whoever thinks of this wet dream will feel the power of the Republic's secular army.
Minskiev wrote:You are GP's dross.
Petrovsegratsk wrote:NPU, I know your clearly a Polish nationalist, but wtf is up with your obssession with resurrecting the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?
The yoshin empire wrote:Grouping russians with slavs is like grouping germans with french , the two are so culturally different.

Balansujcie dopóki się da, a gdy się już nie da, podpalcie świat!
Author of S.C. Res. № 137
POLAND
STRONG!

The Ultra Clown
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ultra Clown » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:10 pm

The North Polish Union wrote:Currently, all positions other than founder and WA Delegate are not covered by the game mechanics and are, in a practical sense, merely figureheads with no in-game power. Although, generally these officers do have some degree of power as, say, I would be recognized by other regions as being in charge of my region's foreign affairs, despite the fact that I do not have the power to open or close in-game embassies. Such positions are created for political expediency, to further "democracy" in NationStates,a dn to take some of the workload for administering the region off of the founder and delegate.

Thank you, that gives me a better understanding

Liberal Sweedish and French Unity
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Liberal Sweedish and French Unity » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:52 am

HI thanks for the info I did it, can you tell me how to write a telgram to new regions to say join my region.
Hi, I'm Liberal Sweedish and French Unity. Don't disrespect my nations way of spelling Sweden, it makes it unique.
PRO: Liberal, no 1p, EU, UN, Sweden, France, Italy, Conservative, M. Thatcher, N.Mandela, Christian
ANTI: 1P, David Cameron and a lot more!
Ive tried to make a issue 1 add 1 equels 3. Is this the longest sig.

Anthony Willman
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Anthony Willman » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:13 pm

Is there a nation you could recommend to recruit for me? I am terrified about the Black Riders and such and need nations to join my region.
I love kittens!
99.6% of this world's occupants would cry if Justin Bieber died, if you're one of the .4% who would just laugh and throw a party, copy and paste this in your signature.
.01% of the nations in Nationstates would cry if TBR died. If you are one of the 99.9% who would throw a party, put this in your signature.
I support The Eternal Knights-the only raiders who fight raiders.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:55 pm

Anthony Willman wrote:Is there a nation you could recommend to recruit for me? I am terrified about the Black Riders and such and need nations to join my region.

1. You're an active founder. You have no reason to be terrified.
2. The idea behind your region already exists as "The Rejected Realms".
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Anthony Willman
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Anthony Willman » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:31 am

Ridersyl wrote:
Anthony Willman wrote:Is there a nation you could recommend to recruit for me? I am terrified about the Black Riders and such and need nations to join my region.

1. You're an active founder. You have no reason to be terrified.
2. The idea behind your region already exists as "The Rejected Realms".

1. Actually, Quatramata is not quite the same. We do ban, but we have a fair trial first.
2. The Rejected Realms is a ban-free region.
3. I have no WA Members in my region.
I love kittens!
99.6% of this world's occupants would cry if Justin Bieber died, if you're one of the .4% who would just laugh and throw a party, copy and paste this in your signature.
.01% of the nations in Nationstates would cry if TBR died. If you are one of the 99.9% who would throw a party, put this in your signature.

Anthony Willman
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Anthony Willman » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:45 am

What do you think of this telegram?

Hello, welcome to Nationstates. I want to personally invite you to join me in Quatramata. We aim to make you comfortable while you play Nationstates. We have the WA Delegate position open, as well as several other positions of importance such as Minister of Defense and Secretary of War. We also eventually plan on invading other regions and defending ourselves from [region]The Black Riders[region]. We also do not ban other nations without a fair trial. We also are planning on making a regional map. Whether you are new to Nationstates, are getting back on your feet after an unfortunate ban, just want a place to hang with other nations and chat, just want a place to sit, or want to invade/defend other regions, Quatramamata is a good place to be. I hope to see you there. If not, I hope you enjoy wherever else you go.
Sincerely,
[nation]Anthony Willman[nation]
I love kittens!

Alyekra
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Alyekra » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:56 am

Anthony Willman wrote:What do you think of this telegram?

Hello, welcome to Nationstates. I want to personally invite you to join me in Quatramata. We aim to make you comfortable while you play Nationstates. We have the WA Delegate position open, as well as several other positions of importance such as Minister of Defense and Secretary of War. We also eventually plan on invading other regions and defending ourselves from [region]The Black Riders[region]. We also do not ban other nations without a fair trial. We also are planning on making a regional map. Whether you are new to Nationstates, are getting back on your feet after an unfortunate ban, just want a place to hang with other nations and chat, just want a place to sit, or want to invade/defend other regions, Quatramamata is a good place to be. I hope to see you there. If not, I hope you enjoy wherever else you go.
Sincerely,
[nation]Anthony Willman[nation]

You link to the black riders, but you don't link to Quatramata. I think your priorities may be skewed.

Also try to split it up into paragraphs instead of having one huge chunk of text.
(FOR LEGAL REASONS, THAT'S A JOKE)

65 dkp

Anthony Willman
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Anthony Willman » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:20 am

Alyekra wrote:
You link to the black riders, but you don't link to Quatramata. I think your priorities may be skewed.

Also try to split it up into paragraphs instead of having one huge chunk of text.

Hello, welcome to Nationstates. I want to personally invite you to join me in Quatramata. We aim to make you comfortable while you play Nationstates.
We have the WA Delegate position open, as well as several other positions of importance such as Minister of Defense and Secretary of War. We also eventually plan on invading other regions and defending ourselves from [region]The Black Riders[region].
We also do not ban other nations without a fair trial. We also are planning on making a regional map. Whether you are new to Nationstates, are getting back on your feet after an unfortunate ban, just want a place to hang with other nations and chat, just want a place to sit, or want to invade/defend other regions, [region]Quatramata[region] is a good place to be. I hope to see you there. If not, I hope you enjoy wherever else you go.
Sincerely,
Anthony Willman
I love kittens!

Cherubim (Ancient)
Civilian

Founded: Feb 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cherubim (Ancient) » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:57 pm

How do they know if you have two nations in the WA.
:palm:

Jeckland
Minister

Founded: Nov 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jeckland » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:19 am

Cherubim wrote:How do they know if you have two nations in the WA.
:palm:

IP address checks.
Winners: N/A
Runners Up: WBC 30 & 31, Memorial Cup
Semi Final: CE 26, WBC 35, WLC 20

Jeckland
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Jeckland » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:21 am

How to build a region The Jeck Empire way.
1. Start a region
2. Recruit a few RL friends
3. Get featured

Alyekra
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Alyekra » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:12 pm

Jeckland wrote:How to build a region The Jeck Empire way.
1. Start a region
3. Get featured

I'm having trouble with step three. Hao2do?
(FOR LEGAL REASONS, THAT'S A JOKE)

65 dkp

Jeckland
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Jeckland » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:15 pm

Alyekra wrote:
Jeckland wrote:How to build a region The Jeck Empire way.
1. Start a region
3. Get featured

Luck. I lucked out.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:55 am

Alyekra wrote:
Jeckland wrote:3. Get featured

Must have at least five nations in the region, and no password set, to go into the pool for random selection.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Zjednoczony Polski
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Zjednoczony Polski » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:21 am

Thanks my region now has about nine nations! I'm not recruiting but look at my region.

Prichardstan
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Prichardstan » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:31 am

I already now how to build a region, but isn't it difficult to find the "create region" button?
I think it should be easier to create a region if the button is easy to find.
Usually, there is 2 types of nations.
Big, agressive nations, and small strugling nations.
Prichardstan is none of that.
"always best for the citizen, peace for the world"

Join The Region of Environmental Nations!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay