NATION

PASSWORD

Reduce Black Market

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Gloriosa Arstotzka
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 02, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Reduce Black Market

Postby Gloriosa Arstotzka » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:20 am

How do I reduce my Black Market without reducing my authoritharianism, Technology and Defense Forces?

Umbratellus
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 22, 2021
Tyranny by Majority

Postby Umbratellus » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:23 am

The fastest way to tackle the black market is to reduce corruption; unfortunately for you that usually entails raising civil rights - but not always! Holding government officials accountable for their actions and upholding rule of law might generally help. Banning bribery and lobbying could raise your authoritarianism while still lowering corruption too.
Last edited by Umbratellus on Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jar Wattinree
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 14, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Jar Wattinree » Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:15 pm

Umbratellus wrote:The fastest way to tackle the black market is to reduce corruption; unfortunately for you that usually entails raising civil rights - but not always! Holding government officials accountable for their actions and upholding rule of law might generally help. Banning bribery and lobbying could raise your authoritarianism while still lowering corruption too.

I recommend the opposite and embrace your Black Market stat.
By the Holy Flaming Hammer of Unholy Cosmic Frost
I will voyage 'cross the Multiverse to fight for what was lost!
From this realm of nuclear chaos, to a world beyond the stars
I will quest forever onwards, so far;
I will wield the Holy Hammer of Flame!
Unholy cosmic frost!

Ecce Princeps Dundonensis Imperator Ascendit In Astra Eterna!

Orlesian States
Envoy

Founded: Jun 09, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Orlesian States » Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:17 pm

Jar Wattinree wrote:
Umbratellus wrote:The fastest way to tackle the black market is to reduce corruption; unfortunately for you that usually entails raising civil rights - but not always! Holding government officials accountable for their actions and upholding rule of law might generally help. Banning bribery and lobbying could raise your authoritarianism while still lowering corruption too.

What exactly would embracing the black market do for my nation? I don't really know what it does, honestly.
The Commonwealth of Orlesian States
"Orlesia Orates; The World Listens."
"Through the remnants of a shattered Empire, and the Emperor overthrown, the Commonwealth will rise."
Latest Reports from Ministry of Information - The Commonwealth is "Coming back from a break." -Says Francois S. D'Chautee; In battling Caligula's Legion, The Commonwealth is sending additional supplies and aid to the NSAR; Orlesian Embassy construction temporarily halted; OSIF has reported a known 'black hole' within the borders of the known system;

Jar Wattinree
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Jar Wattinree » Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:07 pm

Orlesian States wrote:
Jar Wattinree wrote:I recommend the opposite and embrace your Black Market stat.

What exactly would embracing the black market do for my nation? I don't really know what it does, honestly.

Well, what does a black market do IRL? It bypasses the legal customs of your nation. For me, since my economy is so black markety, and my corruption is through the roof, I imagine my officials let the black market be because it brings in a lot of extra money alongside the AI-planned part of the state economy, and since they get paid, and there's no crimes being committed, everyone benefits.

Unofficially, of course. Officially, there is no black market, there is only the glorious AI-planned economy.
Unholy cosmic frost!

The Church of Satan
Minister

Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Church of Satan » Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:31 pm

Unbanning smoking, prudism, meat, marriage, and same-sex marriages would help. You can make up for the loss of authoritarianism through other means. Decrease political freedoms and economic freedoms even further: Capital punishment, corporal punishment, parental licensing, conscription, ID chips, no immigration, and no emigration. All these policies would add onto your authoritarianism without banning specific products. Additionally, they'd increase your defense or technology stats (I think.) At the very least, your defense stat would rise due to conscription. Technology would probably rise because of the ID chips.
Last edited by The Church of Satan on Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Rejected Realms: Former Delegate | Former Vice Delegate | Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History - 824 Days
Free the WA gnomes!

Chanku: This isn't an election it's an assault on the eyes. | Ikania: Hear! The Gospel of... Satan. Erh...
Yuno: Not gonna yell, but CoS is one of the best delegates ever | Ever-Wandering Souls: In the liberal justice system, raiding-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In The South Pacific, the dedicated defenders who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Council on Regional Security. These are their proscriptions. DUN DUN.

Catholic America
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 22, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Catholic America » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:40 am

Jar Wattinree wrote:

Cant tax the black market
Talking about how democracy is at risk is the new won’t someone think of the children.

The Bay State Republic
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 11, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby The Bay State Republic » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:43 am

Gloriosa Arstotzka wrote:How do I reduce my Black Market without reducing my authoritharianism, Technology and Defense Forces?

We've all but eliminated the black market. All items have been painted gray.

Jar Wattinree
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Jar Wattinree » Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:41 pm

Catholic America wrote:
Jar Wattinree wrote:I recommend the opposite and embrace your Black Market stat.

Cant tax the black market

That's thinking too small. "Taxes" here are more like "bribes". You pay us this amount so we don't shut you down.
Unholy cosmic frost!

Gloriosa Arstotzka
Political Columnist

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Gloriosa Arstotzka » Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:04 am

Im reducing my Black Market without legalizing things, Im doing it by selecting options that raise my authoritharianism but not my corruption, most of these issues raised my "Safety", so they are correlated.
I saw extreme dictatorships with low black market, and the difference between me and them, was a high safety stat.

TheKeyToJoy
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 08, 2022
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby TheKeyToJoy » Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:30 pm

Gloriosa Arstotzka wrote:Im reducing my Black Market without legalizing things, Im doing it by selecting options that raise my authoritharianism but not my corruption, most of these issues raised my "Safety", so they are correlated.
I saw extreme dictatorships with low black market, and the difference between me and them, was a high safety stat.
([url=https://i.postimg.cc/Lh7gwgkB/20220823-085124.jpg]Image)[/url]

([url=https://i.postimg.cc/Cddfcs8x/20220823-085135.jpg]Image)[/url]

You should lower you crime rating as well reducing crime means not a lot of black market oh you can look at how much the black market makes by going to NSeconmy.
My beliefs. Dogs and cats are both equal, racism is bad, Joe Mama jokes are funny, and TRR is better than any other region.

Kraven Prevails!

Umbratellus
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 22, 2021
Tyranny by Majority

Postby Umbratellus » Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:59 pm

TheKeyToJoy wrote:You should lower you crime rating as well reducing crime means not a lot of black market oh you can look at how much the black market makes by going to NSeconmy.

NSeconomy is an unofficial site and isn't an accurate reflection of the black market stat on NationStates proper.

Disgraces
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 07, 2020
Corporate Bordello

Postby Disgraces » Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:04 pm

Reducing corruption and black market are almost impossible to me
The nation that represents my views is Tidaton

Gloriosa Arstotzka
Political Columnist

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Gloriosa Arstotzka » Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:20 pm

TheKeyToJoy wrote:
Gloriosa Arstotzka wrote:Im reducing my Black Market without legalizing things, Im doing it by selecting options that raise my authoritharianism but not my corruption, most of these issues raised my "Safety", so they are correlated.
([url=https://i.postimg.cc/Lh7gwgkB/20220823-085124.jpg]Image)[/url]

([url=https://i.postimg.cc/Cddfcs8x/20220823-085135.jpg]Image)[/url]

You should lower you crime rating as well reducing crime means not a lot of black market oh you can look at how much the black market makes by going to NSeconmy.

My crime rate is already low, top 99%, the only major problem is black market, which I'm working on, and corruption, which I don't know how to solve yet

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay