NATION

PASSWORD

Amaranth has been disbanded.

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Orwell Society
Minister

Founded: Apr 16, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Orwell Society » Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:26 pm

Wayneactia wrote:
The Orwell Society wrote:That has nothing to do with anything. Who says you can't be both?

As I have said now many times, you really need to read more and post less. I didn't say you can't be both, I congratulated them on their little dictatorship there. I happen to like regional dictatorships. Now here's a napkin so you can wipe the egg off your face again. Make sure you don't miss the spots from the last couple of times as well.....

I'm saying that it's not a dictatorship. This has nothing to do with me. If your ego wasn't so large, you'd see that.

I just so happen to read alot, including Amaranth's constitution, specifically the part on the Secretary-General:
The Secretary-General shall be a directly elected position, elected every 121 days by the general enfranchised membership in the confederacy. The position shall not have any fixed term limits.
Last edited by The Orwell Society on Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Orwell Society
Straight Male | Political Alignment: Centrist leaning conservative | NSGP Alignment: Independent | Proud Wellspringer, join The Wellspring today!

A vision without action is just a daydream

Jewish Underground State
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 08, 2022
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Jewish Underground State » Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:29 pm

Wayneactia wrote:I must say you have quite the little dictatorship running there, being the founder and the delegate. Well done!

Considering the fact there there are other people helping him run the region I wouldn't call it a dictatorship
My new main is Jewish Partisan Division

The beliefs posted by this nation don't reflect my current views.

The Orwell Society
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Orwell Society » Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:31 pm

Jewish Underground State wrote:
Wayneactia wrote:I must say you have quite the little dictatorship running there, being the founder and the delegate. Well done!

Considering the fact there there are other people helping him run the region I wouldn't call it a dictatorship

Adding to the fact that he was elected into office.
The Orwell Society
Straight Male | Political Alignment: Centrist leaning conservative | NSGP Alignment: Independent | Proud Wellspringer, join The Wellspring today!

Cappedore
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 16, 2017

Postby Cappedore » Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:31 pm

Read the constitution and look a bit more at the functioning of the region, especially the legislative and government mechanics. Next time, be a bit more considerate.

I must express, I'm very surprised you haven't been banned from the site yet considering your fruitful 8 year history of trolling and flaming of other people. Perhaps I should refer you, without hesitation, to the NationStates Rules - particularly, the ones about harassment. You didn't need to post on this forum and look at the situation you've gotten yourself into now.
Last edited by Cappedore on Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Legislator and current Minister of Culture in The East Pacific.
- Former President, Deputy Prime Minister, Senator, and socialite of the Union of Allied States.
- 18 year old Brit with too many aspirations.
- Member of the Labour Party (UK).
- A fan of Clement Attlee.
Minister of Culture - The East Pacific
(Please acknowledge that what I say, promote, endorse, or oppose are NOT official positions of WAA in TEP unless explicitly stated otherwise.)
President Austin Merrill | Vice President Cleveland Durand | Chancellor Maya Murray

Jewish Underground State
Diplomat

Postby Jewish Underground State » Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:37 pm

Real gif of the founder I found

Last edited by Jewish Underground State on Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WayNeacTia
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:44 pm

Cappedore wrote:

Read the constitution and look a bit more at the functioning of the region, especially the legislative and government mechanics. Next time, be a bit more considerate.

I must express, I'm very surprised you haven't been banned from the site yet considering your fruitful 8 year history of trolling and flaming of other people. Perhaps I should refer you, without hesitation, to the NationStates Rules - particularly, the ones about harassment. You didn't need to post on this forum and look at the situation you've gotten yourself into now.

I see no situation I am in. I made an observation. You don't like it, I am sure you can figure out what to do......
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

The Orwell Society
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Orwell Society » Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:46 pm

Wayneactia wrote:
Cappedore wrote:Read the constitution and look a bit more at the functioning of the region, especially the legislative and government mechanics. Next time, be a bit more considerate.

I see no situation I am in. I made an observation. You don't like it, I am sure you can figure out what to do......

A blatantly false observation
The Orwell Society

Jewish Underground State
Diplomat

Postby Jewish Underground State » Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:48 pm

Prepare your keyboards everyone.

Someone is gonna say something stupid.
Last edited by Jewish Underground State on Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:48 pm

Also: Why is the Amaranthine Secretary-General elected every 121 days, rather than every 120 days or four months? :P
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Cappedore
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Cappedore » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:10 pm

Tinhampton wrote:Also: Why is the Amaranthine Secretary-General elected every 121 days, rather than every 120 days or four months? :P

121 days is four months :) it's mainly just to make for election time.
- Former President, Deputy Prime Minister, Senator, and socialite of the Union of Allied States.
(Please acknowledge that what I say, promote, endorse, or oppose are NOT official positions of WAA in TEP unless explicitly stated otherwise.)
President Austin Merrill | Vice President Cleveland Durand | Chancellor Maya Murray

WayNeacTia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:31 pm

The Orwell Society wrote:
Wayneactia wrote:I see no situation I am in. I made an observation. You don't like it, I am sure you can figure out what to do......

A blatantly false observation

Really? The RMB tells a quite different story. From a decree from the founder that a provisional government will be put in place, which just happens to have the founders WA puppet as delegate, to a notice by the founder that their WA puppet and installed (not elected) delegate is running unopposed. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it must me an elephant, right?
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

The Orwell Society
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Orwell Society » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:35 pm

Wayneactia wrote:
The Orwell Society wrote:A blatantly false observation

Really? The RMB tells a quite different story. From a decree from the founder that a provisional government will be put in place, which just happens to have the founders WA puppet as delegate, to a notice by the founder that their WA puppet and installed (not elected) delegate is running unopposed. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it must me an elephant, right?

A provisional government is a perfectly logical way to start a region. That doesn't mean it's a dictatorship.
The Orwell Society

Cappedore
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Cappedore » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:37 pm

Wayneactia wrote:
The Orwell Society wrote:A blatantly false observation

Whatever you say - it's not like your opinion is relevant.

WayNeacTia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:53 pm

Cappedore wrote:
Wayneactia wrote:Really? The RMB tells a quite different story. From a decree from the founder that a provisional government will be put in place, which just happens to have the founders WA puppet as delegate, to a notice by the founder that their WA puppet and installed (not elected) delegate is running unopposed. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it must me an elephant, right?

Whatever you say - it's not like your opinion is relevant.

Given the fact you needed to respond to my comment with "be more considerate" and then accuse me of flaming and trolling, I would say that it must be quite relevant.....

wait

Cappedore
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Cappedore » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:07 pm

Wayneactia wrote:
Cappedore wrote:Whatever you say - it's not like your opinion is relevant.

Given the fact you needed to respond to my comment with "be more considerate" and then accuse me of flaming and trolling, I would say that it must be quite relevant.....

I mean - you came here to troll and inflate your already unwanted and over-inflated ego. I'd say go feed off of some other unfortunate soul but that wouldn't be fair on them.
Last edited by Cappedore on Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WayNeacTia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:19 pm

Cappedore wrote:
Wayneactia wrote:Given the fact you needed to respond to my comment with "be more considerate" and then accuse me of flaming and trolling, I would say that it must be quite relevant.....

I mean - you came here to troll and inflate your already unwanted and over-inflated ego. I'd say go feed off of some other unfortunate soul but that wouldn't be fair on them.

I came here to pay you a fucking compliment, and try to spur some activity in your thread. Given your reaction earlier to Luca and Q, I am really not surprised by your reaction. Nor am I surprised that someone who has a very difficult time keeping his foot out of his mouth is attempting to score cheap points by defending you either. Perahps your statement that you are taking some time away is probably for the best, seeing as how your fuse seems mighty short. Now seeing as how you have accused me of trolling for a second time, I would suggest YOU go read the rules.....

wait

Cappedore
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Cappedore » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:19 pm

Wayneactia wrote:
Cappedore wrote:I mean - you came here to troll and inflate your already unwanted and over-inflated ego. I'd say go feed off of some other unfortunate soul but that wouldn't be fair on them.

I came here to pay you a fucking compliment, and try to spur some activity in your thread. Given your reaction earlier to Luca and Q, I am really not surprised by your reaction. Nor am I surprised that someone who has a very difficult time keeping his foot out of his mouth is attempting to score cheap points by defending you either. Perahps your statement that you are taking some time away is probably for the best, seeing as how your fuse seems mighty short. Now seeing as how you have accused me of trolling for a second time, I would suggest YOU go read the rules.....

My guy- you just flamebaited on a regional forum.

Jewish Underground State
Diplomat

Postby Jewish Underground State » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:40 pm

It's ashame we are polluting this thread. Amaranth seems like a decent region.

I wish them well.
Last edited by Jewish Underground State on Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cappedore
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Cappedore » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:48 pm

Jewish Underground State wrote:It's ashame we are polluting this thread. Amaranth seems like a decent region.

I wish them well.

sigh - It's a shame some people feel the need to be demeaning all the time...

Thank you so much for all the support thus far. I really appreciate it. <3

The Orwell Society
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Orwell Society » Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:07 pm

Wayneactia wrote:
Cappedore wrote:I mean - you came here to troll and inflate your already unwanted and over-inflated ego. I'd say go feed off of some other unfortunate soul but that wouldn't be fair on them.

Nor am I surprised that someone who has a very difficult time keeping his foot out of his mouth is attempting to score cheap points by defending you either.

wat
The Orwell Society

Cappedore
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Cappedore » Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:09 pm

That's enough now pls. I don't want our thread being littered with dirt any longer.

Jewish Underground State
Diplomat

Postby Jewish Underground State » Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:13 pm

Cappedore wrote:That's enough now pls. I don't want our thread being littered with dirt any longer.

I have a question. How did you decide the rules for your region?

https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1728794

Cappedore
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Cappedore » Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:15 pm

Jewish Underground State wrote:
Cappedore wrote:That's enough now pls. I don't want our thread being littered with dirt any longer.

I have a question. How did you decide the rules for your region?

Just thought about the kind of stuff that would promote a safer environment. I am considering adding a few entries to it.

Jewish Underground State
Diplomat

Postby Jewish Underground State » Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:16 pm

Cappedore wrote:
Jewish Underground State wrote:I have a question. How did you decide the rules for your region?

Just thought about the kind of stuff that would promote a safer environment. I am considering adding a few entries to it.

Thanks

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:26 am

Cut it out, the lot of you.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay