NATION

PASSWORD

Embassy of The Great Universe: Holdings Project

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Universe World
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 09, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Universe World » Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:48 pm

RiderSyl wrote:These days, working your way into being a small-but-relevant presence as a defindie deserves congratulations and condolences. :blush:

Good luck and good work.

Thank you so much! But we are not a “defindie.” I am not sure what that is?
Last edited by The Universe World on Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WayNeacTia wrote:Why admit to to something, when you can just deny it and release a word salad composed solely of bullshit?

God bless you all, may the Lord be with you all, and let the Lord be with you all.

Comfed
Minister

Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Comfed » Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:26 pm

The Universe World wrote:
RiderSyl wrote:These days, working your way into being a small-but-relevant presence as a defindie deserves congratulations and condolences. :blush:

Good luck and good work.

It is a fictional propaganda term used exclusively by certain raiders.

The Universe World
Diplomat

Postby The Universe World » Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:34 pm

Comfed wrote:
The Universe World wrote:Thank you so much! But we are not a “defindie.” I am not sure what that is?

It is a fictional propaganda term used exclusively by certain raiders.

Ah. I read it as “def-indie” and assumed it meant a defender-leaning independent region/nation. Good to know! Thank you so much :lol:!
WayNeacTia wrote:Why admit to to something, when you can just deny it and release a word salad composed solely of bullshit?

God bless you all, may the Lord be with you all, and let the Lord be with you all.

Free Algerstonia
Minister

Founded: Jan 16, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Algerstonia » Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:37 pm

The Universe World wrote:

Good luck and good work.

it's a cutesy term for defenders, kind of like how "doggy" is a cutesy word for "dog" or "baby" is a cutesy word for "human less than a year old"
Z

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:01 pm

As the player that coined the term "defindie" a month ago, I can say that TUW and Alger are correct about what it's supposed to mean.

It's a portmanteau of "defender-leaning independent region/nation" like TUW assumed, and meant to be cutesy as Alger points out.

Comfed wrote:It is a fictional propaganda term used exclusively by certain raiders.

Really? If it's used by more than just me now and is being used in actual raider propaganda, that's pretty neat! :lol: So far its peak is that Sedge mockingly used it.
Last edited by RiderSyl on Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

The Universe World
Diplomat

Postby The Universe World » Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:33 pm

RiderSyl wrote:As the player that coined the term "defindie" a month ago, I can say that TUW and Alger are correct about what it's supposed to mean.

It's a portmanteau of "defender-leaning independent region/nation" like TUW assumed, and meant to be cutesy as Alger points out.

Comfed wrote:It is a fictional propaganda term used exclusively by certain raiders.

Really? If it's used by more than just me now and is being used in actual raider propaganda, that's pretty neat! :lol: So far its peak is that Sedge mockingly used it.

Ah, then it does not apply. We are not independents.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:38 pm

The Universe World wrote:Ah, then it does not apply. We are not independents.

Oh, okay! The mention of still doing your own ops, doing occasional raids, name-dropping The League - I got confused about your exact military alignment due to all that. So thanks for clarifying.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Comfed
Minister

Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Comfed » Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:39 pm

RiderSyl wrote:

Uh, we'll just say I forgot to put the parentheses around the "s" in "raider(s)" :P

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:56 pm

Comfed wrote:
RiderSyl wrote:Really? If it's used by more than just me now and is being used in actual raider propaganda, that's pretty neat! :lol: So far its peak is that Sedge mockingly used it.

Uh, we'll just say I forgot to put the parentheses around the "s" in "raider(s)" :P

"used by certain raidersyl"
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

The Universe World
Diplomat

TGU EPICALLY WRECKS RAIDERS and cookies

Postby The Universe World » Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:53 am

It was a cold, snowy Saturday minor. Commander The Universe World was in Libcord, cookies in hand, anxiously awaiting the go signal. The big evil raiders had been trying to hit a region and steal its cookies! Suddenly, the go signal came. But unfortunately, the dear defenders came just a few endorsements short. As the raider’s endo count grew, it sinked in: this was going to be a major operation. TGU mobilized forces and went into DEFCON 1 (wartime). Each update held something new. That night’s major was establishing a beachhead. The minor the next morning was to prevent raiders from being able to ban more people by tipping the delegacy in favor of another raider. And finally, the major last night is when we won. The troops of TGU rejoiced, as calls for cookies grew, because Commander TUW may have promised everyone cookies if they did a good job and helped out :p. The cookies were given, which led to lots of NOM NOMMING from Libcord, TITO, TGU, and New Westphalia.
So, my fellow comcookiepatriots, rejoice! For this was defenderdom’s first overall victory since China in November 2021, and the first major operation TGU was a part of. Now sit back, relax, and enjoy your cookies!

Comcookiepatriots from TGU Defense Force:
Major 2022-12-18
[LDF/TGU] Craig (The Universe World/The Universe World in The League)
[TGU] Toke (Diplomats from SAU/Dominisiace)

Minor 2022-12-18
[TGU] Dominisiace (Diplomats from SAU/Dominsiace)
[TGU] Zabloing (Free Scotland)

Major 2022-12-19
[TGU] Aelah (Liberty County)
[TGU] Dominisiace (Diplomats from SAU/Dominisiace)
[TGU] xAvIeR (Fingalind)
[TGU] YouMonke (Grandia 1)

LONG LIVE NEW WESTPHALIA! LONG LIVE DEFENDERDOM! LONG LIVE THE GREAT UNIVERSE! END RAIDING! And most importantly… NOM NOM ON COOKIES, COOKIECOMPATRIOTS!

Bonus slide: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... EA20A.jpeg
Last edited by The Universe World on Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:04 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Dominisiace
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 05, 2022
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Dominisiace » Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:03 am

The Universe World wrote:It was a cold, snowy Saturday minor. Commander The Universe World was in Libcord, cookies in hand, anxiously awaiting the go signal. The big evil raiders had been trying to hit a region and steal its cookies! Suddenly, the go signal came. But unfortunately, the dear defenders came just a few endorsements short. As the raider’s endo count grew, it sinked in: this was going to be a major operation. TGU mobilized forces and went into DEFCON 1 (wartime). Each update held something new. That nights major was establishing a beachhead. The minor the next morning was to prevent raiders from being able to ban more people by tipping the delegacy in favor of another raider. And finally, the major last night is when we won. The troops of TGU rejoiced, as calls for cookies grew, because Commander TUW may have promised everyone cookies if they did a good job and helped out :p. The cookies were given, which led to lots of NOM NOMMING from Libcord, TITO, TGU, and New Westphalia.
So, my fellow comcookiepatriots, rejoice! For this was defenderdom’s first overall victory since China in November 2021, and the first one TGU was a part of. Now sit back, relax and enjoy your cookies!

Comcookiepatriots from TGU Defense Force:
Major 2022-12-18
[TGU] Toke (Diplomats from SAU/Dominisiace

Minor 2022-12-18
[TGU] Dominisiace (Diplomats from SAU/Dominsiace
[TGU] Zabloing (Free Scotland)

Major 2022-12-19
[TGU] Aelah (Liberty County)
[TGU] Dominisiace (Diplomats from SAU/Dominisiace)
[TGU] xAvIeR (Fingalind)
[TGU] YouMonke (Grandia 1)

LONG LIVE NEW WESTPHALIA! LONG LIVE DEFENDERDOM! LONG LIVE THE GREAT UNIVERSE! END RAIDING! And most importantly… NOM NOM ON COOKIES, COOKIECOMPATRIOTS!

Bonus slide: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... EA20A.jpeg

Yes, we have done it, and this is our first major op.
This is a great success and this is very celebratory, I was happy to help and to give away cookies.

Still, this is only the start and we have just commenced, we're not even halfway into the story.
From now on, the things will be harder and more exciting than usual. :clap: :)
' ' The more perfect you are, the faster you become imperfect. , ,
--- Dominisiace

Bendicion
Minister

Founded: Nov 19, 2012
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bendicion » Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:57 pm

Take it easy on us gentlemen :P :p lmao

Like talking about history and dreaming of Rome. Join now our Discord server and enlist in the legions

Author of ‘Ben was here o/‘
Self Proclaimed Server Hamster
♖ Sic Parvis Magna ♖
From Small Beginnings, Great Things

>>> BENDICION | A STORY KEPT SAFE <<<

NS Issues Work Bench
I like quiet | I hate insensitivity | Perseverance is my drug
Chaotic Sparkles,c.2023 wrote:this was just one hamster that took on the world and that hamster has now been maintained as governor.
The Sapientia, c.2014 wrote:”You'll be back. Once you start , you can never stop”
LWU gtrf0129 c. 2022 wrote:This raid was so powerful that the power went out in my house lol

The Universe World
Diplomat

Postby The Universe World » Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:05 pm

Bendicion wrote:Take it easy on us gentlemen :P :p lmao

Sorry Ben :hug:!
One (or two, I do not know YouMonke’s gender) is a lady, however, so they can still go hard on raiders, hehe.
Last edited by The Universe World on Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:55 pm

Great to see the increased turnout from TGU! Looking forward to y'alls increased growth and development!
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Refiria
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 18, 2022
Capitalizt

Postby Refiria » Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:45 am

Nice turnout!
Music for Airports

TPFKAQ
Only person to become WA Delegate of over 300 regions in one update, and second person to become WA Delegate of over 200 regions in one update
Founder, Admiral and Fleet Commander of Ijaka, Lieutenant and Commander of The Black Hawks, Big Six Tagger in Lily
Proud to be a citizen of the Osiris Fraternal Order
Basic disclaimer: I am always right. Worship my every move. Also, they/them

The Universe World
Diplomat

Postby The Universe World » Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:20 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:Great to see the increased turnout from TGU! Looking forward to y'alls increased growth and development!
Refiria wrote:Nice turnout!

Thank you, dear friends!
Last edited by The Universe World on Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Universe World
Diplomat

Postby The Universe World » Sun Dec 25, 2022 3:30 pm

Merry Christmas :)! God bless you all, may the Lord be with you all, and let the Lord be with you all. I hope you all are enjoying today, celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ and attending church, opening presents, listening to Christmas carols, and more!
On another note; TGU now has a roleplay server, made by our Vice President, Ambrossa. We have already begun roleplay, and we see a bright future ahead for our roleplay program. I am very grateful to the Vice President for this wonderful initiative that will grow TGU and keep our community engaged :clap:.
Here is the server link: https://discord.gg/rp7kaxTDJJ
Our role play is open to all, though we strongly encourage you to join TGU before joining the role play.
Thank you all so much, especially Ambrossa! Merry Christmas!

The Orwell Society
Minister

Founded: Apr 16, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Orwell Society » Sun Dec 25, 2022 3:32 pm

The Universe World wrote:Merry Christmas :)! God bless you all, may the Lord be with you all, and let the Lord be with you all. I hope you all are enjoying today, celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ and attending church, opening presents, listening to Christmas carols, and more!
On another note; TGU now has a roleplay server, made by our Vice President, Ambrossa. We have already begun roleplay, and we see a bright future ahead for our roleplay program. I am very grateful to the Vice President for this wonderful initiative that will grow TGU and keep our community engaged :clap:.
Here is the server link: https://discord.gg/rp7kaxTDJJ
Our role play is open to all, though we strongly encourage you to join TGU before joining the role play.
Thank you all so much, especially Ambrossa! Merry Christmas!

I’m very excited about this program that I started, and hope to see great things come of it!

-Ambrossa
The Orwell Society
Straight Male | Political Alignment: Centrist leaning conservative | NSGP Alignment: Independent | Proud Wellspringer, join The Wellspring today!

A vision without action is just a daydream

The Hurricane
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 02, 2022
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Hurricane » Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:15 pm

Universe should be Commended.

The Universe World
Diplomat

New Flag

Postby The Universe World » Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:30 pm

Hello! TGU’s GURA decided on a new flag during downtime, designed by our very own Catboy friend (formerly known as Diplomats from SAU)!
Here it is: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... tled_1.png
This replaces our old flag, which was this: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... BBB970.png
I hope you all love it as much as we do, and a special thank you to Catboy friend for designing this beautiful flag!
Last edited by The Universe World on Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dark Lord Starkiller
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 09, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Dark Lord Starkiller » Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:54 pm

W Flag

The Universe World
Diplomat

Addressing the Server Raid

Postby The Universe World » Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:36 am

Good day. Yesterday, TGU's server was raided by the following individuals:
Habianclazia
Jewish Underground State (Dark Lord Starkiller)
Vavlar (potentially Sorunak)
These individuals sent a combined total of 200+ spam pings, moat of which @ed everyone in the server. Images and GIFs were spammed as well, dozens of times.
We have permabanned Habianclazia from the server and the region, and have made the rare and thus bold decision to close our embassies with his region, Letters and spaces.
We have permabanned JUS' TGU puppet from the region. He left the server on his own accord, but if he is to return he will be immediately permabanned.
We have banned Vavlar from the server for eight days, and have elected to grant him the "village idiot" role permanently upon his return. No gameside punishment was enacted on him.
GURA has been suspended and the region is currently under martial law with all power held by the regional government. This will be in place for a week. After that we will decide whether this still qualifies as a regional emergency, and if it is not martial law will end.
Our DEFCON status has been raised from DEFCON 5 to DEFCON 2 in light of this.
Furthermore, while attempting to fix the server so this does not happen again, ambassadors were accidentally given admin perms, so for approximately five minutes our private channels were accessible to diplomats. It is unknown if anything sensitive was leaked through this. We are aware that Moukden and Kirin, the Talonian ambassador to TGU, accessed our two archived channels, however nothing sensitive was contained in those channels.
The Free Munster League and I have placed tight security controls on the server to prevent this from happening again, which we believe to be effective considering their ramifications.
Our role play server was unaffected by this.
Thank you for reading. LONG LIVE TGU!
God bless you, may the Lord be with you, and let the Lord be with you.
Note: yes, we are still active. We are currently on an anti-fascist raid, we did a detag run of five detags last week, and we were also featured last week, to summarize recent happenings besides the server raid.
Last edited by The Universe World on Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nyubu Catboy
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 27, 2022
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Nyubu Catboy » Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:41 am

The Universe World wrote:Good day. Yesterday, TGU's server was raided by the following individuals:
Habianclazia
Jewish Underground State (Dark Lord Starkiller)
Vavlar (potentially Sorunak)
These individuals sent a combined total of 200+ spam pings, moat of which @ed everyone in the server. Images and GIFs were spammed as well, dozens of times.
We have permabanned Habianclazia from the server and the region, and have made the rare and thus bold decision to close our embassies with his region, Letters and spaces.
We have permabanned JUS' TGU puppet form the region. He left the server on his own accord, but if he is to return he will be immediately permabanned.
We have banned Vavlar from the server for eight days, and have elected to grant him the "village idiot" role permanently upon his return. No gameside punishment was enacted on him.
GURA has been suspended and the region is currently under martial law with all power held by the regional government. This will be in place for a week. After that we will decide whether this still qualifies as a regional emergency, and if it is not martial law will end.
Our DEFCON status has been raised from DEFCON 5 to DEFCON 2 in light of this.
Furthermore, while attempting to fix the server so this does not happen again, ambassadors were accidentally given admin perms, so for approximately five minutes our private channels were accessible to diplomats. It is unknown if anything sensitive was leaked through this. We are aware that Moukden and Kirin, the Talonian ambassador to TGU, accessed our two archived channels, however nothing sensitive was contained in those channels.
The Free Munster League and I have placed tight security controls on the server to prevent this from happening again, which we believe to be effective considering their ramifications.
Our role play server was unaffected by this.
Thank you for reading. LONG LIVE TGU!
God bless you, may the Lord be with you, and let the Lord be with you.
Note: yes, we are still active. We are currently on an anti-fascist raid, we did a detag run of five detags last week, and we were also featured last week, to summarize recent happenings besides the server raid.

rip

Fort Concord
Envoy

Founded: Jun 12, 2022
Democratic Socialists

Postby Fort Concord » Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:31 pm

Considering server raiding is against Discord ToS and is clearly an OOC issue, perhaps you should actually contact relevant admin teams instead of writing a roleplay statement about it, or changing fictional security statuses.

The Universe World wrote:We have banned Vavlar from the server for eight days, and have elected to grant him the "village idiot" role permanently upon his return. No gameside punishment was enacted on him.

Also, this is foolish. Don't do this. Just ban him if it's true.
Last edited by Fort Concord on Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fort Concord
Outpost on the frontier of Quebecshire.

The Orwell Society
Minister

Founded: Apr 16, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Orwell Society » Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:34 pm

Fort Concord wrote:Considering server raiding is against Discord ToS and is clearly an OOC issue, perhaps you should actually contact relevant admin teams instead of writing a roleplay statement about it, or changing fictional security statuses.

This exactly. What they did was foolish, and against the rules of Discord. Not really something to make a GP post about.
The Orwell Society
Straight Male | Political Alignment: Centrist leaning conservative | NSGP Alignment: Independent | Proud Wellspringer, join The Wellspring today!

A vision without action is just a daydream

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay