NATION

PASSWORD

Embassy of The Great Universe: Holdings Project

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

WayNeacTia
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:55 pm

Just out of curiosity, are only WA members allowed to vote?
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

The Universe World
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 09, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Universe World » Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:31 pm

Wayneactia wrote:Just out of curiosity, are only WA members allowed to vote?

All citizens are allowed to vote. If they have multiple nations in the region, they can only use one.
Last edited by The Universe World on Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WayNeacTia wrote:Why admit to to something, when you can just deny it and release a word salad composed solely of bullshit?

God bless you all, may the Lord be with you all, and let the Lord be with you all.

The Universe World
Diplomat

Postby The Universe World » Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:21 am

Hello!
After being dormant for five to six months, TGU Defense Force has returned.
Update was quite chaotic for us, but we have learned from our mistakes and have come out with a single detag. This outcome was expected since it has been so long, and also because we were a two-person force starting halfway through update. Before we went dormant, we peaked at seven detags an update, and we feel can we hit 10 after some time.

Point and Commander: The Universe World/Mitsubishi
Updater and Honorable Soldier: Dominisiace/Diplomats from SAU

Detagged regions: One
https://www.nationstates.net/region=dec ... _cybertron

We followed standard detagging protocol for this and we are proud of our work. It is good to be back.
Last edited by The Universe World on Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
WayNeacTia wrote:Why admit to to something, when you can just deny it and release a word salad composed solely of bullshit?

God bless you all, may the Lord be with you all, and let the Lord be with you all.

Dominisiace
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 05, 2022
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Dominisiace » Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:57 am

The Universe World wrote:Hello!
After being dormant for five to six months, TGU Defense Force has returned.
Update was quite chaotic for us, but we have learned from our mistakes and have come out with a single detag. This outcome was expected since it has been so long, and also because we were a two-person force starting halfway through update. Before we went dormant, we peaked at seven detags an update, and we feel can we hit 10 after some time.

Point and Commander: The Universe World

Detagged regions: One
https://www.nationstates.net/region=dec ... _cybertron

We followed standard detagging protocol for this and we are proud of our work. It is good to be back.

I am happy to help on a detag after about h/y of being unactive.
' ' The more perfect you are, the faster you become imperfect. , ,
--- Dominisiace

Malphe II
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 21, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Malphe II » Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:11 am

I honestly love seeing stuff happening outside of the dominant meta rn, good stuff!
malphe vytherov
i'm always ooc unless it's a formal statement

Dominisiace
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 05, 2022
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Dominisiace » Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:12 am

Another detag complete, we were able to help 1 region..

A dishonorable failure indeed, but we still have hope, we just have to learn to recognize failures
' ' The more perfect you are, the faster you become imperfect. , ,
--- Dominisiace

The Universe World
Diplomat

Postby The Universe World » Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:17 am

Dominisiace wrote:Another detag complete, we were able to help 1 region..

A dishonorable failure indeed, but we still have hope, we just have to learn to recognize failures

Indeed. This is as solemn as it is celebratory, but we shall prevail.

Point and Commander: The Universe World/Mitsubishi
Detagged Regions: One
https://www.nationstates.net/region=zhytomyr
Last edited by The Universe World on Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Vavlar
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 11, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Vavlar » Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:00 pm

Interesting.

The Orwell Society
Minister

Founded: Apr 16, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Orwell Society » Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:38 pm

Good to see an old friend up and fighting again :)
The Orwell Society
Straight Male | Political Alignment: Centrist leaning conservative | NSGP Alignment: Independent | Proud Wellspringer, join The Wellspring today!

A vision without action is just a daydream

WayNeacTia
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:27 pm

At least there are some defenders actually capable of doing their jobs, instead of fumbling over themselves trying to cover themselves in glory by repealing badges. Good old fashioned defending. This is what I like to see.
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

The Universe World
Diplomat

Postby The Universe World » Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:17 pm

Wayneactia wrote:At least there are some defenders actually capable of doing their jobs, instead of fumbling over themselves trying to cover themselves in glory by repealing badges. Good old fashioned defending. This is what I like to see.

Thank you, but Libcord also does “old fashioned defending,” if you define it as detagging. So Libcord is also “capable of doing their jobs.”
That being said, I agree that the repeal was a misstep.

The Universe World
Diplomat

Postby The Universe World » Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:54 am

Hello fellow nations,
Shockingly, ten hours ago, one of my puppets, Camila Cabello, became WA Delegate of Artificial Solar System. As the new noble and assertive ruler, I am announcing some reasonable, common-sense reforms.
1. Artificial Solar System, which will henceforth be referred to as ASS, will become a protectorate of The Great Universe, which will be henceforth referred to as TGU.
2. TGU will require everyone using ASS to become an embassy collector.
3. Everyone must sing the TGU Regional Anthem every morning.
4. TGU can do whatever it pleases to do with ASS.
Enjoy your new leaders, ASSassins!

Note: this is obviously a joke. Please do not take this seriously.

Reventus Koth
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 03, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Reventus Koth » Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:18 pm

I for one welcome our new ASSassin overlords.
Formerly known as Ambroscus Koth, +1843 posts. Trust no one.
Xanthal wrote:Only raiders can win in this war- a defender can keep them from winning one region, one update at a time, but there will always be the next region, the next update, and the next, forever.

The Orwell Society
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Orwell Society » Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:58 pm

The Universe World wrote:Hello fellow nations,
Shockingly, ten hours ago, one of my puppets, Camila Cabello, became WA Delegate of Artificial Solar System. As the new noble and assertive ruler, I am announcing some reasonable, common-sense reforms.
1. Artificial Solar System, which will henceforth be referred to as ASS, will become a protectorate of The Great Universe, which will be henceforth referred to as TGU.
2. TGU will require everyone using ASS to become an embassy collector.
3. Everyone must sing the TGU Regional Anthem every morning.
4. TGU can do whatever it pleases to do with ASS.
Enjoy your new leaders, ASSassins!

Note: this is obviously a joke. Please do not take this seriously.

Somebody finally got off their asses and took over ASS
The Orwell Society
Straight Male | Political Alignment: Centrist leaning conservative | NSGP Alignment: Independent | Proud Wellspringer, join The Wellspring today!

The Universe World
Diplomat

Postby The Universe World » Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:39 pm

AFTER NINE MONTHS OF TRYING
WE HAVE DONE IT
13.5 DETAGS
FROM THIS MOMENT, THE WORLD OF DEFENDING HAS THREE IMPORTANT PLAYERS: LIBCORD, TITO, AND TGU.
IT CAME HOME, LADS!
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED, AS WELL AS QEKITOR FOR GIVING ME THE LINKS TO THE TOOLS THAT MADE THIS POSSIBLE, AND QUEBECSHIRE FOR GIVING ME A CHANCE AND LETTING ME TRAIN UNDER THE LDF AND LIBCORD.
Now, for the information.
Commander: The Universe World
Honorable Soldier: Dominisiace/Diplomats from SAU
Honorable Soldier: The King Isle/Free Scotland
Regions detagged: 13.5
https://www.nationstates.net/region=occidentales
https://www.nationstates.net/region=meme_dumpsteria
https://www.nationstates.net/region=uheguhr8458
https://www.nationstates.net/region=europeliberals
https://www.nationstates.net/region=a_g_o_e_o_t_b_r
https://www.nationstates.net/region=larona_wessundon
https://www.nationstates.net/region=zadlanovskiv
https://www.nationstates.net/region=mou ... _stability
https://www.nationstates.net/region=valyrn
https://www.nationstates.net/region=television_stations
https://www.nationstates.net/region=northern_atlas
https://www.nationstates.net/region=loopion_pact
https://www.nationstates.net/region=reg ... regionless
https://www.nationstates.net/region=coa ... of_freedom (This one only counts halfway as we did everything right except for forgetting to dismiss the raider RO. However, we have already set up shop for major to correct this mistake.)
https://www.nationstates.net/region=the_souls_of_many (This happened to coincide with Libcord’s detags, so they helped, and I became the point)

Furthermore, Libcord only did two defenses and 10 detags this update, while TITO did nothing, making TGU the most active defender force during an update for the first time ever.

In conclusion, we finally made it.

Bendicion
Minister

Founded: Nov 19, 2012
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bendicion » Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:49 pm

Hell yeah! Congrats! Expecting to see you to chase us soon as well o7 Godspeed o7

~Ben was here o/

Like talking about history and dreaming of Rome. Join now our Discord server and enlist in the legions

Author of ‘Ben was here o/‘
Self Proclaimed Server Hamster
♖ Sic Parvis Magna ♖
From Small Beginnings, Great Things

>>> BENDICION | A STORY KEPT SAFE <<<

NS Issues Work Bench
I like quiet | I hate insensitivity | Perseverance is my drug
Chaotic Sparkles,c.2023 wrote:this was just one hamster that took on the world and that hamster has now been maintained as governor.
The Sapientia, c.2014 wrote:”You'll be back. Once you start , you can never stop”
LWU gtrf0129 c. 2022 wrote:This raid was so powerful that the power went out in my house lol

The Universe World
Diplomat

Postby The Universe World » Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:19 pm

Bendicion wrote:Hell yeah! Congrats! Expecting to see you to chase us soon as well o7 Godspeed o7

~Ben was here o/

Thank you so much! We have not yet developed a chasing regimen, but it is a goal of ours. I hope to begin chasing before 2023. Godspeed to you as well!
Last edited by The Universe World on Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Refiria
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 18, 2022
Capitalizt

Postby Refiria » Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:37 am

Bloody well done! :bow:
Music for Airports

TPFKAQ
Only person to become WA Delegate of over 300 regions in one update, and second person to become WA Delegate of over 200 regions in one update
Founder, Admiral and Fleet Commander of Ijaka, Lieutenant and Commander of The Black Hawks, Big Six Tagger in Lily
Proud to be a citizen of the Osiris Fraternal Order
Basic disclaimer: I am always right. Worship my every move. Also, they/them

The Universe World
Diplomat

Postby The Universe World » Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:06 pm

Refiria wrote:Bloody well done! :bow:

Thank you, qekitor!

The Orwell Society
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Orwell Society » Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:39 pm

I enjoyed watching y'all, great work!
The Orwell Society

The Universe World
Diplomat

Postby The Universe World » Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:51 pm

Many have noted TGU’s lack of a clear government ever since our latest foray into gameplay earlier this year. They have pointed out that we lack actual laws, and that our government is not particularly organized.
Well, no longer!
I am proud to announce that, on December 3rd, 2022, we launched Great Universe Regional Assembly (GURA), a new unicameral legislative body for The Great Universe.
This idea was the brainchild of our WA Delegate and President, The Free Munster League. Words cannot express our gratitude to and for him for his work.
Currently, GURA is composed of seven members: The Universe World, The Free Munster League, Ambrossa, Free Scotland, Grandia 1, Diplomats from SAU, and Sorunak.
Since the launch, we have already gone over four motions, and are currently going over a fifth, with two more on the way.
This is another integral step to enshrining TGU as a notable player in the gameplay world and beyond. Furthermore, this will help ensure the success and completion of our goal to move beyond the image of being confused noobs.
Welcome to the world, Great Universe Regional Assembly!
Last edited by The Universe World on Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Hurricane
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 02, 2022
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Hurricane » Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:57 pm

I love the idea, great to see TGU growing!

The Universe World
Diplomat

Postby The Universe World » Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:11 pm

Hello!
Today, TGU became a member of Libcord. We contributed three updaters to the liberation of United Nations of Everyone. We are elated to have finally achieved this important goal of ours. It can no longer be denied that we are here to stay as a defending powerhouse.
That being said, TGU will not be ending its own operations. We will still be doing our own defense work, and the occasional raid for moralist reasons. We will be doing this out of our new jump point, Nations of the jacksonville accords, founded by our very own Free Scotland!
I would like to thank every member of TGU who made this possible, every nation who gave us advice, every ally we have had, and Quebecshire for letting me train and grow in skill under The League.
God bless you all, may the Lord be with you all, and let the Lord be with you all. o7 :clap:

Refiria
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 18, 2022
Capitalizt

Postby Refiria » Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:17 pm

'grats
Music for Airports

TPFKAQ
Only person to become WA Delegate of over 300 regions in one update, and second person to become WA Delegate of over 200 regions in one update
Founder, Admiral and Fleet Commander of Ijaka, Lieutenant and Commander of The Black Hawks, Big Six Tagger in Lily
Proud to be a citizen of the Osiris Fraternal Order
Basic disclaimer: I am always right. Worship my every move. Also, they/them

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:31 pm

These days, working your way into being a small-but-relevant presence as a defindie deserves congratulations and condolences. :blush:

Good luck and good work.
Last edited by RiderSyl on Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay