NATION

PASSWORD

TEA CUP Discussion Thread

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
The Dictatorship Of Nixon
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

TEA CUP Discussion Thread

Postby The Dictatorship Of Nixon » Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:18 am

Hello everyone. This is a post to discuss the terms of a potential alliance between The Alternate Community, Empire of the ancients, and Anubis. The post is open only to Government Officials of the respective regions, mentioned below for ease of access:

Baccalieu, Founder and WA Delegate of The Alternate Community
Shnookle, Prime Minister and Commander-in-Chief of of The Alternate Community
The Dictatorship Of Nixon, Foreign Minister of The Alternate Community
Evil Epileptic CareBears, Defence Minister of The Alternate Community
New Grapeseed, Intelligence Minister of The Alternate Community

Shing Sha, Founder of Empire of the ancients
New Aryako Eurbadilweld, WA Delegate of Empire of the ancients
Khali Tann, Sultan of Empire of the ancients

Large Ladz, Founder of Anubis
The Unified Pumaxi, WA Delegate of Anubis
Duelandia, Vizier of Foreign Affairs of Anubis
Doge the Dog, Deputy Vizier of Foreign Affairs of Anubis
A big one, Vizier of Security of Anubis
Big Boyz, Foreign Overseer of Anubis

Below you can see the initial proposal drafted and agreed upon by the government of TAC. We hope to read your ideas about it.

Inter-Regional Alliance and Cooperation Agreement Between The Alternate Community, Empire of the ancients, and Anubis

1. Embassies to be established and maintained between all three regions and sister regions/protectorates.
2. Inter-Regional Events and Role Plays to be organised, where members of all three regions are welcome to participate. Anubis delegates had some ideas about this, so I will let them elaborate.
3. An Inter-Regional Discord Server to be created, where members of all three regions can communicate and even have events. I think our Interior Minister South Anistania would be cool with creating that if agreed upon.
4. We are open, but not pushing for, an inter-regional off-site forum for the purposes of an inter-regional governing body, such as the EU, to be formed. If you guys are interested in such a governing body, we can discuss the terms.
5. The formation of an inter-regional military task force, comandeered by chiefs from all three regions and/or chosen through popular votes, designed for defensive and offensive operations. I know Anubis is not quite ready for this, but we can still discuss the possibilities for when the timings are right.
6. Once the final draft of the agreement is signed by all parties, a dispatch will be drafted, which will then in turn be integrated into all three regions' respective World Factbook Entries.
7. The possibility of adding and incorporating more regions into the alliance in the future is something we would be extremely insistent upon in TAC. we believe that once the military task force and the events get going full speed, more and more regions would be interested in buying in, so a proper policy in place would be helpful.
8. Finally, we need to agree on a name for our alliance. My personal suggestion would be The Galactic Federation of Sovereign Regions. We can create a commemorative region, put the dispatches and a delegate from each region there, and use it as a hub. I will be down with creating it. However, please suggest more catchy names!

On a side note, we at TAC have three vassal regions, all commemorative of our own past regions. The Free Region, The Caldonian Union, and League of Allied Nations. If the alliance is formed, they can also be used as puppet storage and transit hubs. We would like to invite you all to move a puppet or two to these regions, and if the agreement is signed, to create embassies with these regions. Also, if you have any similar vassal/sister regions, let's bring those into the fold as well.
Last edited by The Dictatorship Of Nixon on Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Baccalieu
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Baccalieu » Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:26 am

Thank you Nixon for drafting this. I am very excited for this potential alliance, and look forward to reading all of your inputs. Let's give it a week or two, and then finalise the agreement. Sounds good?
Leave your region, Join The Alternate Community

South Anistania
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby South Anistania » Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:08 pm

I would like to add that with my recent talks with SoD Taungu from Thaecia we have arranged that TAC might tag along with them in their military ventures however I am waiting on approval by Shnookle. Thus maybe this new alliance could participate as a whole

Also Nixon you forgot to put me on your post
Last edited by South Anistania on Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Einheit durch Demokratie

Shnookle
Secretary

Founded: Jan 26, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Shnookle » Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:36 pm

Thank you Nixon and delegates of Anubis and EoA for your hard work. I look forward to a long, successful alliance!
Shnookle Today. Shnookle Tomorrow. Shnookle Forever!

Duelandia
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 10, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Re:

Postby Duelandia » Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:16 pm

The Anubian government has your suggestions, and are engaged in discussion regarding them.
When directed to, I will let you know our official stance on these issues!

Thanks, friend!

Duelandia
Civil Servant

Re:

Postby Duelandia » Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:55 pm

The Anubian government has met and discussed your points.
I would like to state that we are honoured to be a consideration for this pact and want to contribute to the best of our ability.

" Big Boyz, Foreign Overseer of Anubis " may be removed, as Boyz and Ladz are the same person.

1) 1. Embassies to be established and maintained between all three regions and sister regions/protectorates.
-We have agreed to this requirement with one exception; the Anubian Government maintains a strict embassy policy where we only wish to embassy with legitimate government-established regions. Embassy collector regions and puppet storage regions are not eligible to embassy with. Granted, should any sister region or protectorate of an Anubian ally have an established government ( either their own, or the government of the "capital region" ), we have no issue with embassying with them. Regarding a puppet storage region, our government would consider embassying with a joint ( TAC, EOTA, and ANUBIS ) jump-point region, however this would need to be approved by the Eternal Guide, Pharaoh, and Vizier Council as a whole at a later date.

2) 2. Inter-Regional Events and Role Plays to be organised, where members of all three regions are welcome to participate. Anubis delegates had some ideas about this, so I will let them elaborate.
-I do not remember stating anything regarding interregional events or activities, however, I do find it to be a brilliant idea! The events that Anubis has hosted thus far have all been interregional in accepting contestants from any region across the NSverse. We have fully agreed to this requirement.

3. An Inter-Regional Discord Server to be created, where members of all three regions can communicate and even have events. I think our Interior Minister South Anistania would be cool with creating that if agreed upon.
-We have agreed to this requirement. I would personally like to suggest that each Founder from each founding region of this pact ( TAC, EOTA, ANUBIS ) be given a moderator role. In the future if more regions join, I wouldn't find it as important.

4. We are open, but not pushing for, an inter-regional off-site forum for the purposes of an inter-regional governing body, such as the EU, to be formed. If you guys are interested in such a governing body, we can discuss the terms.
-We disagree with this suggestion. We disagree not because it's a bad idea, but because it would be an extra unneeded step. Anubis has committed thus far to taking all matters of government down to citizenship application being located on the Anubian Discord Server. The Discord Server mentioned in bullet 3 could be utilized as an events server, but also as a interregional meeting hub for our respected governments. The use of channels, roles, and such would make this possible.

5. The formation of an inter-regional military task force, commandeered by chiefs from all three regions and/or chosen through popular votes, designed for defensive and offensive operations. I know Anubis is not quite ready for this, but we can still discuss the possibilities for when the timings are right.
-We currently abstain. As stated, Anubis isn't ready to commit to this, sadly. Your respect in this matter has been noted, and is truly appreciated. We thank you! I think the official document should state that each member region would be allowed to participate in joint military operations or to not.

6. Once the final draft of the agreement is signed by all parties, a dispatch will be drafted, which will then in turn be integrated into all three regions' respective World Factbook Entries.
-We agree to this requirement.

7. The possibility of adding and incorporating more regions into the alliance in the future is something we would be extremely insistent upon in TAC. we believe that once the military task force and the events get going full speed, more and more regions would be interested in buying in, so a proper policy in place would be helpful.
-Anubis agreed with this statement. I would like to push that any member region of the pact should be able to suggest a nomination for membership... but membership may only be granted by the three founding member-regions of TAC, EOTA, and Anubis by a 2/3 vote. With a similar if not exact process with removing/revoking membership.

8. Finally, we need to agree on a name for our alliance. My personal suggestion would be The Galactic Federation of Sovereign Regions. We can create a commemorative region, put the dispatches and a delegate from each region there, and use it as a hub. I will be down with creating it. However, please suggest more catchy names!
-Anubis has semi-approved of this suggestion. A region-hub would be unnecessary. But, if TAC and EOTA agreed fully with it's creation, Anubis will go along. I feel like the joint discord would suffice in this regard as well. Regarding official dispatches of the Pact/Organization, a puppet from each region can be created in which their own documents may be stored. ( Obtaining raw code on any dispatch is fairly easy to post to your own dispatch. ) Namewise, I suggest The Interregional Protected Interests Pact of User Created Regions ( TIPIPoUCR / TIPIP ). Though I realize it's quite wordy.

Foreign Affairs of Anubis
Kraven Sawl of Duelandia

Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby The Dictatorship Of Nixon » Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:25 am

Hi everyone. Thank you for all the encouraging input.

Baccalieu wrote:Thank you Nixon for drafting this. I am very excited for this potential alliance, and look forward to reading all of your inputs. Let's give it a week or two, and then finalise the agreement. Sounds good?

You're welcome Bac. I think we can do it even sooner. Once we get feedback for the EoA reps, we can get to drafting the second version of the agreement, and then get to some action points before finalising it.

South Anistania wrote:I would like to add that with my recent talks with SoD Taungu from Thaecia we have arranged that TAC might tag along with them in their military ventures however I am waiting on approval by Shnookle. Thus maybe this new alliance could participate as a whole
Also Nixon you forgot to put me on your post

I didn't forget to put you in SA, I just mentioned the nations which would be involved in foreign affairs. But given that you will probably take care of the Discord server matters, I will add your name to the final draft. My apologies.
With regards to Thaecia, keep us posted. If they're interested, and they can be quick about it, we can bring them in on this potential alliance from the beginning. Otherwise, we might need to sign up the alliance agreements and then go through the process of adding them or at least collaborating with them on military endeavours.

Duelandia wrote:The Anubian government has your suggestions, and are engaged in discussion regarding them.
When directed to, I will let you know our official stance on these issues!

Thanks, friend!

Thanks to Duelandia and Anubis for replying so quickly and with such meticulous detail. I think an agreement would be quite reachable. Let's wait for the EoA's take on it, and then we can move ahead.

Thanks to everyone. Looking forward to reading even more cosntructive feedback. LFG friends!

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:37 am

The Dictatorship Of Nixon wrote:The post is open only to Government Officials of the respective regions, mentioned below for ease of access:

There's no thread ownership in Gameplay, and anyone who wants to post here is allowed to.

Duelandia
Civil Servant

Postby Duelandia » Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:57 am

The Dictatorship Of Nixon wrote:Thanks to Duelandia and Anubis for replying so quickly and with such meticulous detail. I think an agreement would be quite reachable. Let's wait for the EoA's take on it, and then we can move ahead.

Thanks to everyone. Looking forward to reading even more cosntructive feedback. LFG friends!

Of course! Our government wants to very much take this pact quite serious as it could benefit all three of our regions greatly in the future.
I'm eagerly waiting for EOTA's representative's response, so we may move foward.

Foreign Affairs Vizier of Anubis
Kraven Sawl of Dualandia

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005

Postby Drop Your Pants » Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:12 pm

Ah don't go the boring route, try something funny for alliance names.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Shnookle
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Shnookle » Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:00 pm

South Anistania wrote:I would like to add that with my recent talks with SoD Taungu from Thaecia we have arranged that TAC might tag along with them in their military ventures however I am waiting on approval by Shnookle. Thus maybe this new alliance could participate as a whole

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, SA! I am all for this, just keep me notified by tg of any major suggestions. Thanks!

Shnookle
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Shnookle » Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:02 pm

Also, Duelandia, may I ask why Anubis isn't fully ready to commit to military operations? Is there something we can do to make you a little more comfortable with the thought?

Praeceps
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Praeceps » Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:47 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:

Ah don't go the boring route, try something funny for alliance names.

I'd like to suggest TEA as the alliance name. Simple, accurate and provides lots of opportunitea for puns and graphics (see what I did there?).
Apparently simultaneously a Ravenclaw puppet, a NPO plant, and a Warden spy. I had no idea I was that good. Depending on who you ask, my aliases include Krulltopia.

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs for The North Pacific, Former Guildmaster of The North Pacific Cards Guild

New Aryako Eurbadilweld
Civilian

Founded: Sep 08, 2021

Postby New Aryako Eurbadilweld » Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:33 pm

Hello staff of The Alternate Community and Anubis,

I agree with almost every proposal except for one.
We agree for a defensive alliance but not an offensive one since we are not ready for that and public opinion in the Empire of Ancients is also negative for raiding. Also I like the name "TEA" its kinda cool actually. We could definitely make a new puppet region where could discuss plans and have fun.

Thank you :>

Syberis
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 21, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Syberis » Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:47 pm

Praeceps wrote:
Drop Your Pants wrote:Ah don't go the boring route, try something funny for alliance names.

I'd like to suggest TEA as the alliance name. Simple, accurate and provides lots of opportunitea for puns and graphics (see what I did there?).

All of your news posts can be spilling the TEA!
I've finally found what I was looking for
A place where I can be without remorse
Because I am a stranger who has found
An even stranger war

Zaolat wrote:WHO THE F*** IS SYBERIS

Duelandia
Civil Servant

Postby Duelandia » Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:00 am

Shnookle wrote:Also, Duelandia, may I ask why Anubis isn't fully ready to commit to military operations? Is there something we can do to make you a little more comfortable with the thought?

Of course! Thus far our region is fairly new and as such we haven't had a lot of time to recruit citizens into our military. Because we feel Anubis is well protected from outside forces, we have been investing our time in other resources of Anubis. Our government doesn't have any direct objections to the military clause, it's more so that we haven't much of a military to contribute as of now. We do however, have certain members that may be able to assist in military operations should the need for it arise. This would be at the discretion of the government, until our military can stand on it's own.

New Aryako Eurbadilweld wrote:Hello staff of The Alternate Community and Anubis,

I agree with almost every proposal except for one.
We agree for a defensive alliance but not an offensive one since we are not ready for that and public opinion in the Empire of Ancients is also negative for raiding. Also I like the name "TEA" its kinda cool actually. We could definitely make a new puppet region where could discuss plans and have fun.

Thank you :>

Agreed.

Also, regarding TEA.
(T)AC, (E)OTA, and (A)NUBIS - (C)ooperative (U)nity (P)act

TEA CUP

South Anistania
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby South Anistania » Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:02 am

Now, I will be happy to organise the Discord and Off-site forum but with help from each de-facto Interior Minister from each Region. In regards to TEA, I'm onboard with that. Also I would like to propose an EU Council type body which would decide about laws in the alliance, It would be comprised of 2 representatives from each member region.
Einheit durch Demokratie

New Grapeseed
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 31, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby New Grapeseed » Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:38 am

Duelandia wrote:
Also, regarding TEA.
(T)AC, (E)OTA, and (A)NUBIS - (C)ooperative (U)nity (P)act

TEA CUP

I love this. Welcome to TEA CUP, where coffee drinkers can **** off!

South Anistania wrote:Now, I will be happy to organise the Discord and Off-site forum but with help from each de-facto Interior Minister from each Region. In regards to TEA, I'm onboard with that. Also I would like to propose an EU Council type body which would decide about laws in the alliance, It would be comprised of 2 representatives from each member region.

As far as I understand it, the off-site forum is a no-go. We can use the Discord for everything, so no issues there. The EU thing, can you draft a more detailed proposal of its functions? will it just be roleplay or will it actually govern the regions? because if it's the latter, as the MoI, I advise against it, cause it can damage our sovereignty as a region. We can collaborate on WA-related matters tho, that would be okay.

Duelandia
Civil Servant

Postby Duelandia » Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:04 am

South Anistania wrote:I would like to propose an EU Council type body which would decide about laws in the alliance, It would be comprised of 2 representatives from each member region.

New Grapeseed wrote:I love this. Welcome to TEA CUP, where coffee drinkers can **** off!

As far as I understand it, the off-site forum is a no-go. We can use the Discord for everything, so no issues there. The EU thing, can you draft a more detailed proposal of its functions? will it just be roleplay or will it actually govern the regions? because if it's the latter, as the MoI, I advise against it, cause it can damage our sovereignty as a region. We can collaborate on WA-related matters tho, that would be okay.

To South Anistania: As soon as a draft for the EU-like Council is made, I would be eager to check it out. So please notify me, if possible! I will bring this proposal up the Anubian Government and let you know promptly.

To New Grapeseed: I'm excited that you approve of TEA CUP. It would make for a rather unique Organization name! xD
Regarding using the EU-like Council for WA matters, I will bring this up to the Anubian Government as well. Anubis decides democratically what between our citizens on how our Pharaoh should vote in the World Assembly. So, there may be a conflict in where the organization suggests to vote one way, but your citizenry vote another. I'll get back to you.

Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby The Dictatorship Of Nixon » Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:42 am

Hello everyone, hope you're all doing well. After reading all of your thoughtful responses, I hereby present the second draft of the TEA CUP Agreement.

TEA CUP: The Alternate Community, Empire of the ancients, and Anubis Cooperative Unity Pact

Delegates of the respective regions hereby agree upon the following items:
Item One Embassies are established and maintained between the three regions.
Item Two All Events and Role Plays of the respective regions shall be open for participation to the member nations of TEA CUP members.
Item Three An Inter-Regional Discord Server will be created soon, which will be the primary communication channel for members of TEA CUP. The channel will be co-administered by delegates introduced by each respective region.
Item Four An inter-regional military task force will be established soon, with the primary aim of Defensive operations. Participation in this task force will be voluntary until further notice.
Item Five A Commemorative Region will be created to preserve and promote TEA CUP. All related links and dispatches will be provided on the World Factbook Entry of said region. Each respective TEA CUP member will send a commemorative nation to the region.
Item Six A Council of Delegates will be formed between the regions, with each respective region nominating four seats on the council (as of now). The TEA CUP Council will be in charge of decision-making for any and all endeavours related to TEA CUP business.
Item Six All future additions to TEA CUP, as well as any new Items proposed to be added to and/or removed from the agreement, must go through a vote in the TEA CUP Council and a majority of 2/3 must be established before any further actions can be done.
Item Seven Upon the signing of the agreement by the delegates of the respective regions, a dispatch shall be drafted with the news and the text of the agreement, as well as useful links, which will be incorporated into all three regions' respective World Factbook Entries.

About Item Five, we need to discuss whether we will have embassies with the commemorative region or not.

About Item Seven, I believe two delegates from each region would suffice.

Let me know what you think, thanks.
Last edited by The Dictatorship Of Nixon on Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Duelandia
Civil Servant

Re:

Postby Duelandia » Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:14 am

The Anubian Government has agreed and approved of all the previous items, except Item 4: "Participation in this task force will be mandatory until further notice.

Anubis is very puppet friendly, citizenwise.
Much of our citizenry are members of bigger military organizations.
So until our Immigration efforts take off, we simply can not comply with this requirement.
( not from a lack of commitment, but from a lack of resources ).

I suggest a revision of Item 4 along the line of "An inter-regional military task force will be established soon, with the primary aim of Defensive Operations. Participation in this task force will be voluntary with each member-state contributing to inter-regional defensive measures in their own accord."

------------------------

Concerning Item 5: I personally don't have an issue with linking our regions embassy-wise to the commemorative region. I will check with the Anubian Government forbore giving a final answer so as to be sure.

Concerning Item 6: Four delegate for TEA CUP Council does seem a bit extreme. I would agree with two representative councilors from each member-region is more than enough.

Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby The Dictatorship Of Nixon » Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:22 am

Duelandia wrote:The Anubian Government has agreed and approved of all the previous items, except Item 4: "Participation in this task force will be mandatory until further notice.

Anubis is very puppet friendly, citizenwise.
Much of our citizenry are members of bigger military organizations.
So until our Immigration efforts take off, we simply can not comply with this requirement.
( not from a lack of commitment, but from a lack of resources ).

I suggest a revision of Item 4 along the line of "An inter-regional military task force will be established soon, with the primary aim of Defensive Operations. Participation in this task force will be voluntary with each member-state contributing to inter-regional defensive measures in their own accord."

------------------------

Concerning Item 5: I personally don't have an issue with linking our regions embassy-wise to the commemorative region. I will check with the Anubian Government forbore giving a final answer so as to be sure.

Concerning Item 6: Four delegate for TEA CUP Council does seem a bit extreme. I would agree with two representative councilors from each member-region is more than enough.

Oh my god! I had meant VOLUNTARY of course! I'm sorry for that slip!

Regarding Item 6: I mentioned four so that the majority vote thing would work better, and it would allow more members to be participating in this thing. But two is okay as well.

South Anistania
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby South Anistania » Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:48 pm

I will need the Founders of each region to help me with the discord which should be ready by Friday
at the latest.
Einheit durch Demokratie

Large Ladz
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 25, 2021
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Large Ladz » Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:17 pm

South Anistania wrote:I will need the Founders of each region to help me with the discord which should be ready by Friday
at the latest.

I'm willing to help out however I can, just send me the link whenever you're ready.

Baccalieu
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Baccalieu » Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:37 am

As the founder and WA delegate of TAC, I fully commend and concur with Nixon's second draft.

South Anistania wrote:I will need the Founders of each region to help me with the discord which should be ready by Friday
at the latest.

With regards to this, just let me know how I can help. I'd be glad to.
Leave your region, Join The Alternate Community

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay