NATION

PASSWORD

LDR | Celtia Officially Joins!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

King Nephmir II
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 04, 2015
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby King Nephmir II » Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:17 pm

Always in favor of a new region or organization actively involved in Gameplay. Don't get discouraged.

One Small Island
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 30, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby One Small Island » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:06 pm

Despite this inauspicious start, it's good to see y'all getting further involved in gameplay! I look forward to seeing what you can do~
Generally Retired
They//Them
Trying to find peace and enjoyment in the game again.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:53 am

Does TLDR still exist, in light of recent events?
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

WayNeacTia
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:33 pm

What's this now? A 114 day old region, a 122 day old region, and let us not forget the all mighty important 60 day old region that was refounded after it was raided, what.... 8 days into it's conception forming a defensive alliance? Given the fact I am in agreement with Tim here (which pisses me off to no end.....) my greatest hope is that this falls flat on it's face (I like to hope on sure things......)

Unoriginal, uninspired and last but not least, unimpressed......
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

The College of Commissioners
Civilian

Founded: Jan 22, 2022
Ex-Nation

Statement on the Retirement of Noble Titans

Postby The College of Commissioners » Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:39 pm

— College of Commissioners —

STATEMENT ON THE RETIREMENT OF NOBLE TITANS

As of recent events, you may have heard our very own Founder and former Premier Commissioner, Noble Titans/Allangoria/Crystalsummer, of which all terms have been referred to through the people who knew him, has retired from the NationStates game as a whole in the early hours of Tuesday, 25th of January 2022. In which within the Statement he had subsequently published in this intention where he mostly states about his NationStates gameplay experience and the successes and failures which he has endured on with him mentioning the Free Nations Region to Ridgefield from which he was a former Mayor there and wishing final goodbyes and comments on his legacy in the game.

While his departure has certainly been disadvantageous having formed this voting bloc and military cooperative alliance in the purpose of giving minuscule regions a bigger platform to raise their intentions and interests to the World Assembly and beyond so early in its foundation and regional development in which his leadership could have had a major beneficial impact to the future development and progress of this interregional organization both in spirit and practically speaking as Founder. Reality is, is that is not going to happen and in the somewhat expected departure of our Founder, as a result of his current and historic social and political environment in NationStates, this would have been somewhat inevitable.

However, regardless of, this current precedent, it is of the collective interest of himself and his wishes in which we believe in, and the general message he had conveyed to us in the mission of this organization that we feel needs to be re-industrialized in the current climate of NationStates, and the decision has been made that we shall be continuing the longevity and operations of The League of Defensive Regions.

I urge all citizens of LDR not to be worried about the situational awareness of this reality, but rest assured that Freedomanica has full access to the Founder’s account, and control over our Gameplay Embassy and Discord Server for which Noble Titans has entrusted him with Server Ownership for which organizational resources have been reevaluated and under relative stability. In the intent of hopefully strong, steady leadership in the early “pre-season” times of this alliance in the departure of our Founder, we shall be naming Freedomanica as the official new second Premier Commissioner of The League of Defensive Regions. We are aware of the Charter in mandating the position be elective, however, we would like all pundits to have the relative youth of this organization to be taken into account for such a measure to have taken place.

Noble Titans shall still in spirit of his vision, be the Founder of the alliance with Emmeria to remain an Active Member Region until we see long-term stabilization and we shall make a decision as to the future of the region in the organization in the close observation of the region. We, even in the rollercoaster ride of an experience he has taken in playing the game, we shall still salute him for the inception of this alliance and always bringing a positive, optimistic view in almost everything he does in the game for which we shall commend him for. We wish him a final goodbye and the best of luck in his new adventures in real life and the times that pass him by.

Freedomanica
Premier Commissioner

Alesina
Commissioner of Internal Affairs

Refuge Isle
Technical Moderator

Founded: Dec 14, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Refuge Isle » Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:39 pm

Been a rough four days hey?

Dome Artan
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 11, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Dome Artan » Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:21 pm

I don't want to be rude in case the author does not have English as a first language but the statement is hardly readable

Pathoal
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 04, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Pathoal » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:39 pm

Dome Artan wrote:I don't want to be rude in case the author does not have English as a first language but the statement is hardly readable

I thought it was fine.
aka Comfed

Nepleslia
Envoy

Founded: Jun 23, 2020
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Nepleslia » Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:17 pm

Dome Artan wrote:I don't want to be rude in case the author does not have English as a first language but the statement is hardly readable

Agreed.

Alesina
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 21, 2021
New York Times Democracy

Postby Alesina » Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:52 am

Refuge Isle wrote:Been a rough four days hey?

Indeed D: But we aren't discouraged and we'll keep pushing on!!

To TLDR (ironic), we recognise that the departure of Noble Titans / Crystalsummer / etc. is unfortunate, but we recognise it as somewhat inevitable considering his past, as so many have let us know both here and in private.
However we will be continuing the League of Defensive Regions despite his absence, and Trovons / Freedomanica will be assuming the position of Premier Commissioner in wake of NT's departure.
Emmeria will continue to be an active member region so long as they can stay together without their founder, as they are still a valued member of the group.
We wish NT the best of luck in his future endeavours IRL.

The League of Defensive Regions
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 17, 2021
Ex-Nation

Callista joins LDR!

Postby The League of Defensive Regions » Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:20 am

Callista joins LDR!

The League of Defensive Regions is proud to introduce the induction of the Tsardom of Callista as its fifth official Member Region in the early hours of the 29th of January 2021! For a bit of background regarding the region, Callista was founded on the 20th of December 2020 by Sorianora who had the intention of starting their own region and left Bluecrown Keep subsequently as a result and the rest is history with Callista maintaining an active, casual healthy community and popular, good regional setup and great sense of culture among themselves. We have seen Callista steadily progress in community even in spite of one sensed before the region’s actual foundation and have maintained an active influence in brotherhood and sisterhood which is seen in the light-hearted friendliness of the region.

We approached Callista ourselves who in turn sparked a referendum which lasted for about three days in which 9 voted for and 2 voted against, with cabinet agreement prior. Callista will definitely provide a more welcome atmosphere we feel as a great addition to LDR and in turn we shall give them as many others, a higher opportunity in the sphere of gameplay today and provide for them a greater external exposure with the wider LDR community for their residents to enjoy in the numerous recreational activities.

In the wise words of Sorianora, Workers of the world unite!

Barlyy
Envoy

Founded: Jun 25, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Barlyy » Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:30 am

Statement Regarding Callista's Future in the LDR

After some extensive debating in the Cabinet, on 30.01.2022 - with 3 votes "for" and 1 vote "against" - the Tsardom of Callista has decided that it will officially be leaving the LDR. The prior referendum involving the LDR in which the populace decided to join the LDR will be overruled; and Callista will not, in the foreseeable future, rejoin the alliance. Some of the Cabinet's reasonings are listed below:

• The Cabinet, after some self-reflection, has observed that, during the prior debate about whether or not Callista should join the LDR, it was woefully uninformed about how LDR is viewed on the interregional stage and about Noble Titans' (who is the founder of the LDR) retirement. After some further reading into this very thread and some other curious observations, the Cabinet realized that the LDR is not in good shape, and it does not believe that the LDR is worth the effort that the region will devote to it.

• The Cabinet realized that most Callistans, including themselves, are not involved in Gameplay and are not prepared to enter the wider interregional stage - and even if Callistans were prepared, it is self-evident that the LDR is not the best alliance to make Callista's presence known.

We wish the LDR the best in its future endeavors.

Best regards,
-Barlyy, Prime Minister of Callista
Eternal Leclerc fan

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:36 am

Little high, little low.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Free Algerstonia
Minister

Founded: Jan 16, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Algerstonia » Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:53 am

Welp.
Z

Refuge Isle
Technical Moderator

Founded: Dec 14, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Refuge Isle » Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:37 am

The League of Defensive Regions wrote:We approached Callista ourselves who in turn sparked a referendum which lasted for about three days in which 9 voted for and 2 voted against, with cabinet agreement prior. Callista will definitely provide a more welcome atmosphere we feel as a great addition to LDR and in turn we shall give them as many others, a higher opportunity in the sphere of gameplay today and provide for them a greater external exposure with the wider LDR community for their residents to enjoy in the numerous recreational activities.

The referendum appears to have lasted thirty six times as long as Callista's membership.

Freedomanica
Attaché

Founded: Mar 14, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

My Piece

Postby Freedomanica » Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:10 am

Visual Sources

FRAME ONE: https://i.ibb.co/C8fQ0FH/C93011-A0-C9-E ... 8-CD12.jpg

FRAME TWO: https://i.ibb.co/bmPLwCC/068115-E2-87-E ... -AD559.jpg

FRAME THREE: https://i.ibb.co/RhC0Lk6/0-E63-BC2-A-4- ... -D9529.jpg

FRAME FOUR: https://i.ibb.co/6Zf5xWF/9-BC5-DF00-413 ... 0-FFAC.jpg

FRAME FIVE: https://i.ibb.co/7v1HgNH/090-BE512-4997 ... D675-B.jpg

FRAME SIX: https://i.ibb.co/YbLGxnj/56-F660-E5-D44 ... BC8-DE.jpg

FRAME SEVEN: https://i.ibb.co/s9dSxhx/AFF03754-CCC2- ... 6713-A.jpg

FRAME EIGHT: https://i.ibb.co/Gn0j0m9/9-C7-E41-D3-D0 ... -A9-FC.jpg

ALBUM ONE: https://ibb.co/album/N1rCPJ

"Written" Sources

LINK ONE: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=the ... ok/id=main

Frame One, Two, Three and Four is where it all began and the LDR was born, at the time admittedly I was skeptical of Crystalsummer, however, it was more of the message behind the motive that attracted my attention and I saw that this project would actually have substance and so we began together in a partnership.

Frame Five obviously saw the cultivation of the project and he gave me a piece of his Constitution which you might have noticed matches my written source above and the link I had initially provided on my previous post with Trovons. This as said in that post with Trovons, still proves my point that we honestly had no will to copy The League’s name at all with my explanation for why it was changed seemingly said on that post and proven in Frame Five and partially Frame Six which just seals the deal in this debacle honestly.

Frame Six as perhaps one of the most important frames as reiterated proves my point that both Crystal and I had no deliberate attempt to copy The League’s brand or image, but rather was consensus on the previous attempt by Crystal for which I changed the name to with my background provided in Trovons’ post. Frame Six also illustrates to us how the Interregional Court of Justice came along the lines of and more importantly the link shown was the actual Charter that I drafted all by myself using initially Freedomanica at the time, however, later on I copied the rawness and transferred it to the new account, The League of Defensive Regions which I originally created myself as well so take note how increasingly the effort in this project was cultivated by myself as reiterated in Frame Seven.

Frame Seven was also the invite Noble Titans actually created for me to join the new LDR Discord Server so and also gave me way to provide Founder’s account password details to him for transparency’s sake. At the time both of us were utilizing it simultaneously as I was finishing up on our dispatch network all by myself with the account in which I used it for.

Frame Eight reiterates the above where I setup the dispatch network that you see today by the way with my own damn sweat and tears because before we would soon officially began launching our diplomatic mission, so it was in our best interests to start building up internally speaking for our launch, I designed the factbooks to be similar to a home page with everything exactly in place and some nice header pictures to complement the design/theme.

Album One shows the early days of our Discord Server where I had literally setup the whole Server for NT who gave me admin permission at the time with design made for each of the five institutions, moderation channels, a general border and information category and discussion/recreational channels designed for citizens to converse in.

Link One simply reiterates what I said earlier about the original Constitution which in my opinion was somewhat badly written and I personally though a major revamp was needed to make this workable.

In essence what we have here is a gross misconception/misunderstanding of what this whole project was about and what it originally intended to do. We had no intention of stealing The League’s name, and more importantly the evidence I provide to you shows that I had done a lot for the organization, the dispatch network, the gameplay embassy, the setup of the discord server, the creation of the founder’s account etc and it is being painted as a Crystal failure for disaster. Truth be told that I have practically done everything to form the LDR we have today and for it all to lambasted in the works of NT is more so doing a indirect disservice towards me for all the work I have put in bringing this up, it certainly is interestingly to see that we are still up even with Crystal is gone, so whether he would be here with us, or not, does not alter the longevity of this project and the swaying of public opinion is definitely something that does a great job at polarizing Crystal, when I myself had a lot to do with this as well.
Technocracy, Social Democracy, LGBT, Abortion, State Secularism, Globalization, Ecopolitics, Federalism.
Primitiveness, Nationalism, Euroscepticism, Fascism, Totalitarianism.
♚ The Kingdom of Freedomanica
"Folkets Kjærlighet, Nasjonens Styrke"

Founder of the Valley of Peace
Defenderist | Cosmopolitan
Overview | Constitution | States | Leader
NS Stats are canon

Dome Artan
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 11, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Dome Artan » Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:24 am

Considering how unsuccessful it's been one might think you were better served by having everyone think it was just another routine NT failing

One Small Island
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 30, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby One Small Island » Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:04 pm

Freedomanica wrote:-snip-

As someone who has repeatedly been told by people over the last few years that I'm wasting my time and I should do other things, as long as you are passionate about this project, as long as it is something you care about you should stick with it. Don't let the people who are down on the project get you discouraged.

I wish you all the best, I'm rooting for you, and I know I'm not the only one!
Generally Retired
They//Them
Trying to find peace and enjoyment in the game again.

The Union of Offensive Regions
Civilian

Founded: Feb 01, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby The Union of Offensive Regions » Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:15 pm

It's always hard to start an ambitious project. While you did encounter some bumps at the start, don't let it discourage you. As long as you're passionate and believe in it, I'm sure you will succeed!

Barlyy
Envoy

Founded: Jun 25, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Barlyy » Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:54 pm

Wow, "The Union of Offensive Regions"? I have a feeling one would get "cancelled" for joining that. :P
Eternal Leclerc fan

Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Odrya and Alvarez Join Us!

Postby The League of Defensive Regions » Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:33 am

The Odryan Republic and Alvarez join The League of Defensive Regions

After suffering a major loss with Callista unfortunately leaving LDR as soon as it joined, we were welcomed to introduce that the Odryan Republic (Odrya) and Alvarez shall be joining us with their official inauguration in the next two-three days. This was after we had approached them ourselves with the prospect of uniting as small-medium regions in a common purpose to strengthen their influence in WA and military affairs while offering cultural and RP enlightenment to their residents taking a whole-base approach.

After consultations with the Prime Minister, So Pep in which they initially accepted the offer indicating its value to Odrya in expanding their general environment, with them subsequently discussing with their Home Secretary in which was seen with unanimous agreement and as a result, officially set to enter LDR! We also had talks with the Alvarez government initially speaking our proposal to the currently incumbent, 9th Grand Chancellor, Ordivus with them initially discussing with the cabinet and after more than 48 hours, agreed on the proposal and thereafter communicated with me on this confirmation. We can’t wait for their inauguration near that of Odrya’s!

We here all believe that these two regions shall come with the addition of major changes in the direction for where they would like us to go in our early stages and I, Freedomanica on behalf of the College of Commissioners welcome them into our family and are eager to see a mutualistic benefit for us in our growing movement!

Affray
Secretary

Founded: Sep 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Affray » Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:23 pm

How about we refer to this alliance as The League, and the region The League just as “TL?” Seems simpler, and everyone in this thread has referred to the region as “TL.” ;)
(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿) affray

"Rats & roaches live by competition under the laws of supply and demand;
it is the privilege of human beings to live under the laws of justice & mercy
." - Wendell Berry

PhilTech
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 29, 2020
Capitalist Paradise

Postby PhilTech » Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:38 am

Affray wrote:How about we refer to this alliance as The League, and the region The League just as “TL?” Seems simpler, and everyone in this thread has referred to the region as “TL.” ;)

"Justice League" :)

Ahhhhhh! Ignore me.
-------------------------------------------------------------- ☢ EMBRACE TOXICITY, EMBRACE CORRUPTION ☢ -----------------------------------------------------------------
.....☣ BE PART OF THE GLORIOUS EVOLUTION ☣................THE CHURCH OF THE GLORIOUS EVOLVED.....................THE AUGMENTATION CLINIC.........................

Kasase
Attaché

Founded: Jun 09, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Kasase » Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:52 pm

meh region join dis
idk what to say
hope this goes well :)
Foreign Secretary and Co Founder of Odrya
my flag doesn't have any political meaning behind it it's simply for my rp
Does alot of stuff in odrya
participates R/D thingies occasionally
founded the Trinity Star Pact
Participating in the affairs and politics of The Free Bloc
going to be running Gravys RP map
In RP, I am a restored Soviet Union in the early 2100s with space tech and the worlds #1 superpower.
Male, democratic socialist, pro-welfare, pro-Universal healthcare, pro-choice, supports SYRIZA. Greek Citizen, pro-ukraine, anti-kosovo,

Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Pax Britannia join LDR

Postby The League of Defensive Regions » Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:06 pm

Pax Britannia join LDR

As of our recent immigration integration program, we are proud to introduce the admittance of Pax Britannia to The League of Defensive Regions as to be our seventh Member Region in which they shall be inaugurated, as of this time, in two days and twelve hours with as of now being a Pending Member Region until the proper deliberations on both sides are complete.

We firstly approached them with the proposition in turn the Pax Britannian Government agreed to let this membership be given a try almost as a testing period for their residents to the actual effectiveness of change this new alliance shall give and we humbly acknowledged this and in turn the government subsequently agreed in majority for them to join LDR with embassies still ongoing.

Pax Britannia is a somewhat aged region having their history date back to 2015 with perhaps one of the most unique systems of governance and a close, quiet yet homely community of people with they themselves hosting an interesting geopolitical roleplay quite close to that of the Commonwealth of Liberty and a parliamentary monarchy as government with the Emperor as Head of State and Prince Regent as Head of Government similar to that of a alternate universe Britain with the Prince Regent chair of the Regency Council alongside the Chamberlain with Great Officers of State elected by the Imperial Diet alongside the Prince Regent to serve lengthy terms of twelve months. Pax Britannia also have their own polandball art station and a discord server for the recreation of their citizens.

We are nonetheless extremely glad to welcome such a region to LDR and we hope we can elevate their membership as much as helping us in the future development and direction of LDR!

Unity in Diversity

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay