NATION

PASSWORD

Thneedville | WAR DECLARED (AGAIN)

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Founded: Apr 27, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:39 pm

Nationalist Northumbria wrote:
Nationalist Northumbria wrote:My fellow Thneedvillers,

We have come under attack from an enemy most would not even think capable of such a heinous deed: The League. Though they purport to be defenders, they have disrupted a Thneedville-led operation against the Islamic States. This aggression cannot and will not be allowed to stand. Unless The League submits to our demands, we will have no choice but to declare war on not only them, but their allies: The Order of the Grey Wardens, 10000 Islands, Europeia, The Mystical Alliance, Declansburg, and The Union of Democratic States.

Our demands are as follows:

1. Rhaza (aka Quebecshire) formally apologises for banjecting me and falsely claiming credit for a Thneedville-led operation, as well as his related conduct.
    2. Rhaza (aka Quebecshire) stands down from any and all roles of responsibility in The League and does not accept any such office on any nation for a period of one (1) year.
    3. The League give Thneedville full credit for leading the invasion of the Islamic States.
    4. The League apologise for having wasting the Security Council's time with an unneeded liberation, even demanding that others withdraw their proposals so it could pass as quickly as possible, and then taking days to turn up while Thneedville forces arrived before the resolution had even passed.
    5. The League rebrand as "The League (formerly The League of Conservative Nations)".

These demands are not extreme. They are incredibly generous on our part.

In addition, I am demanding a formal apology from League ally The Order of the Grey Wardens. One of their members, The Aituia, has sent me a telegram with the text 'Book in Serbian'. For those not aware, 'book' as it translates into Serbo-Croat sounds like the N-word, the most offensive racial slur in the English language. This is frankly disgusting and they should be ashamed of harbouring such individuals in their region.

We await The League's decision, for what they decide will mean either peace... or war.

Also, I forgot to give a time limit on the ultimatum. It's 24 hours from this post (as in, the one I am making now).

I am giving an update to the people of Thneedville and other regions - who are no doubt greatly concerned by the potential for war - on the state of our demands being met.

Quebecshire has discussed my intelligence while misspelling my name. The League is set to waste even more of the Security Council’s time with a repeal; if that gets to vote I will be demanding they make another, separate apology. Finally, there is no word from the Order of the Grey Wardens on the racial slur sent to me by one of their members.
Last edited by Nationalist Northumbria on Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Republic of Northumbria
Bede kinnie — Catgirl appreciator

"The amazing thing is that Tony Blair being shot in the head after running a barricade for inexplicable reasons is one of the most plausible episodes in this RP,
which comes across as House of Cards by the writers of Mr. Bean."

Dawn Denac
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 22, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Dawn Denac » Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:49 pm

Nationalist Northumbria wrote:Also, I forgot to give a time limit on the ultimatum. It's 24 hours from this post (as in, the one I am making now).

I am giving an update to the people of Thneedville and other regions - who are no doubt greatly concerned by the potential for war - on the state of our demands being met.

Quebecshire has discussed my intelligence while misspelling my name. The League is set to waste even more of the Security Council’s time with a repeal; if that gets to vote I will be demanding they make another, separate apology. Finally, there is no word from the Order of the Grey Wardens on the racial slur sent to me by one of their members.

Did you file a GHR for your issue with TGW (as per OSRS)?

Also, out of a morbid curiosity, what makes you believe the League or anyone mentioned needs to listen to this?

EDIT: Cleaning.
Last edited by Dawn Denac on Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Assassin Hunter Killer

a

Bovad
Minister

Founded: Mar 16, 2022
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Bovad » Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:04 pm

We have come under attack from an enemy most would not even think capable of such a heinous deed: The League. Though they purport to be defenders, they have disrupted a Thneedville-led operation against the Islamic States.

Defenders defend.

This aggression cannot and will not be allowed to stand. Unless The League submits to our demands, we will have no choice but to declare war on not only them, but their allies: The Order of the Grey Wardens, 10000 Islands, Europeia, The Mystical Alliance, Declansburg, and The Union of Democratic States.

I'm sure they're terrified of--checks notes--four nations.

[list]1. Rhaza (aka Quebecshire) formally apologises for banjecting me and falsely claiming credit for a Thneedville-led operation, as well as his related conduct.

You made one bad post on their RMB.

2. Rhaza (aka Quebecshire) stands down from any and all roles of responsibility in The League and does not accept any such office on any nation for a period of one (1) year.

For... Completing their regional mission?

3. The League give Thneedville full credit for leading the invasion of the Islamic States.

So you want them to lie to expand your own ego.

One of the largest regions on the site does not need your "generosity"

In addition, I am demanding a formal apology from League ally The Order of the Grey Wardens. One of their members, The Aituia, has sent me a telegram with the text 'Book in Serbian'. For those not aware, 'book' as it translates into Serbo-Croat sounds like the N-word, the most offensive racial slur in the English language. This is frankly disgusting and they should be ashamed of harbouring such individuals in their region.

Report him. It is not a passworded region, therefore they have no control over who joins

We await The League's decision, for what they decide will mean either peace... or war.

Like 5 of the regions youre threatening are in the top page of regions populationwise.
Last edited by Bovad on Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Þ=Th. Join the revival.
Marxist-leninist, atheist, pro-choice, pro-LGBT+. Fuck Nazis.
GENERATION 34: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross" -Apocryphally attributed to Sinclair Lewis.

Halsoni
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 10, 2021
Anarchy

Postby Halsoni » Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:59 pm

hehehehehehehe this is fucking funny :rofl: :clap:
Minister of Communications
Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs

The opinions expressed on this nation are solely my own and may not necessarily reflect the views of The North Pacific.

Lavender wrote:My only regret is that Ruben was unleashed onto NSGP

OT wrote:Ruben for TNP Delegate

Vavlar
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 11, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Vavlar » Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:06 pm

Nationalist Northumbria wrote:-snip-

Considering that you made a random ultimatum from a 5 nation region to a coalition of regions with well over 3,000 members, you're going to obviously loose.

The Aituia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 24, 2022
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Aituia » Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:09 pm

To not risk anything, I have ejected myself from TGW. I also have posted another apology that no one cares in my new region. [I have also pinkie promised that I will not post anything in any regional rmbs or in an gameplay forum until 2024, end of that year.]

The TG was a personal one, not because of any defender-raider inflicts. But now, all I have to say is I apologize for this action.
Last edited by The Aituia on Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
────────────────────────────────────────
IC✧───AITUIA───✧OoC
FIGHTING FOR THE REPUBLIC!
────────────────────────────────────────

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:59 am

Dawn Denac wrote:
Nationalist Northumbria wrote:I am giving an update to the people of Thneedville and other regions - who are no doubt greatly concerned by the potential for war - on the state of our demands being met.

He has not.

Throwing around accusations of rulebreaking, without actually reporting the alleged telegram, is borderline harassment.

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:45 am

Sedgistan wrote:
Dawn Denac wrote:

He has not.

Throwing around accusations of rulebreaking, without actually reporting the alleged telegram, is borderline harassment.

Wow, I'm the one being accused of harassment? For... openly complaining about being sent a semi-disguised racial slur?
Republic of Northumbria

"The amazing thing is that Tony Blair being shot in the head after running a barricade for inexplicable reasons is one of the most plausible episodes in this RP,

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:48 am

Bovad wrote:

We have come under attack from an enemy most would not even think capable of such a heinous deed: The League. Though they purport to be defenders, they have disrupted a Thneedville-led operation against the Islamic States.

Defenders defend.

This aggression cannot and will not be allowed to stand. Unless The League submits to our demands, we will have no choice but to declare war on not only them, but their allies: The Order of the Grey Wardens, 10000 Islands, Europeia, The Mystical Alliance, Declansburg, and The Union of Democratic States.

I'm sure they're terrified of--checks notes--four nations.

[list]1. Rhaza (aka Quebecshire) formally apologises for banjecting me and falsely claiming credit for a Thneedville-led operation, as well as his related conduct.

You made one bad post on their RMB.

For... Completing their regional mission?

So you want them to lie to expand your own ego.

One of the largest regions on the site does not need your "generosity"

Report him. It is not a passworded region, therefore they have no control over who joins

Like 5 of the regions youre threatening are in the top page of regions populationwise.

As your comments reveal, you do not know what has happened. I suggest reading one of the threads in the SC forum.
Republic of Northumbria

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:50 am

Sedgistan wrote:
Dawn Denac wrote:

He has not.

And apparently it isn't an accusation of rulebreaking, because having now reported it Moderation don't see anything wrong with telegramming someone the N-word in code.
Republic of Northumbria

Free Algerstonia
Minister

Founded: Jan 16, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Algerstonia » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:16 am

Sedgistan wrote:He has not.

And apparently it isn't an accusation of rulebreaking, because having now reported it Moderation don't see anything wrong with telegramming someone the N-word in code.

it's because we're standing up to the league. they have connections, we need to fight back with everything we have. the silent majority sympathizes with thneedville
Z

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:47 am

Free Algerstonia wrote:
Nationalist Northumbria wrote:And apparently it isn't an accusation of rulebreaking, because having now reported it Moderation don't see anything wrong with telegramming someone the N-word in code.

it's because we're standing up to the league. they have connections, we need to fight back with everything we have. the silent majority sympathizes with thneedville

Well, I wouldn’t go that far; the moderation team are perfectly capable of being wrong without any undue interference. I of course believe in freedom of speech, but as everyone will appreciate there is a difference between freedom of speech and what has occurred.

With but an hour to go I understand that the people of the world are now positively on the edge of their seats. Not necessarily with anticipation, but fear. What will a war between Thneedville and The League mean? Are they under threat? Their home regions? Well, I will not make untrue reassurances: fact is, this war will probably affect you.
Republic of Northumbria

Improper Classifications
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 18, 2022
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Improper Classifications » Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:46 am

I read exactly one post in your thread, and already I feel like whining that you should've called your regional citizens "Thnnedvillians".
Former Acolyte of Malice
Founder and Champion of Voidcall, Conqueror of Majesty and Pentarchs.
Legally proscribed in The South Pacific under On Concord.
The Imperial Federation of Improper Classifications

Bovad
Minister

Founded: Mar 16, 2022
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Bovad » Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:00 am

Bovad wrote:

As your comments reveal, you do not know what has happened. I suggest reading one of the threads in the SC forum.

I have and they revealed nothing beyong what is plainly obvious.
Þ=Th. Join the revival.
Marxist-leninist, atheist, pro-choice, pro-LGBT+. Fuck Nazis.
GENERATION 34: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross" -Apocryphally attributed to Sinclair Lewis.

-Astoria-
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 27, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby -Astoria- » Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:02 am

Improper Classifications wrote:I read exactly one post in your thread, and already I feel like whining that you should've called your regional citizens "Thnnedvillians".

Thneedvillianites, if you will.
                                                      Republic of Astoria | Pobolieth Asdair                                                      
Bedhent cewsel ein gweisiau | Our deeds shall speak
IC: FactbooksLocationEmbassiesFAQIntegrity | OOC: CCL's VP • 9th in NSFB#110/10: DGES
 ⌜✉⌟ TV1 News | 2023-04-11  ▶ ⬤──────── (LIVE) |  Headlines  Winter out; spring in for public parks • Environment ministry announces A₤300m in renewables subsidies • "Not enough," say unions on A₤24m planned Govt cost-of-living salary supplement |  Weather  Liskerry ⛅ 13° • Altas ⛅ 10° • Esterpine ☀ 11° • Naltgybal ☁ 14° • Ceirtryn ⛅ 19° • Bynscel ☀ 11° • Lyteel ☔ 9° |  Traffic  ROADWORKS: WRE expwy towards Port Trelyn closed; use Routes P294 northbound; P83 southbound 

Occidius
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 01, 2015
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Occidius » Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:53 am

Nationalist Northumbria wrote:With but an hour to go I understand that the people of the world are now positively on the edge of their seats. Not necessarily with anticipation, but fear. What will a war between Thneedville and The League mean? Are they under threat? Their home regions? Well, I will not make untrue reassurances: fact is, this war will probably affect you.

Well? C'mon, it's almost lunchtime, I need something to read.
Nox - TWP's Minister of WAR and evil cat. That's the signature.

[16:20:16] Kyorgia Vasentius: But im not funny so I never say anything signature worthy :(

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:36 am

Occidius wrote:Well? C'mon, it's almost lunchtime, I need something to read.

He'll be one of the random WA's in The League who recently joined. NS espionage at its finest.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

New Rogernomics
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 22, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rogernomics » Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:09 am

Wayneactia wrote:Thneedville will make a great trophy…..
From my experience of other regions that pop up to rage at other regions, I'd say a year or less to wait for that.
Herald (Vice-Delegate) of Lazarus
"Solidarity forever..."
Hoping for Peace in Israel and Palestine
  • Former First Citizen (PM) of Lazarus
  • Former Proedroi (Minister) of Foreign Affairs of Lazarus
  • Former Lazarus Delegate (Humane Republic of Lazarus, 2015)
  • Minister of Culture & Media (Humane Republic of Lazarus)
  • Foreign Minister of The Ascendancy (RIP, and purged)
  • Senator of The Ascendancy (RIP, and purged)
  • Interior Commissioner of Lazarus (Pre-People's Republic of Lazarus)
  • At some point a member of the Grey family...then father vanished...
  • Foreign Minister of The Last Kingdom (RIP)
  • ADN:DSA Rep for Eastern Roman Empire
  • Honoratus Servant of the Holy Land (Eastern Roman Empire)
  • UN/WA Delegate of Trans Atlantice (RIP)

The North Polish Union
Senator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The North Polish Union » Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:24 am

I certainly hope that the delay of several hours after the ultimatum's expiration is the result of The League et al entering into negotiations to meet the (very reasonable) demands of the mighty region of Thneedville as quickly as possible.

I look forward to Thneedville's proclamation of victory.
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:keep your wet opinions to yourself. Byzantium and Ottoman will not come again. Whoever thinks of this wet dream will feel the power of the Republic's secular army.
Minskiev wrote:You are GP's dross.
Petrovsegratsk wrote:NPU, I know your clearly a Polish nationalist, but wtf is up with your obssession with resurrecting the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?
The yoshin empire wrote:Grouping russians with slavs is like grouping germans with french , the two are so culturally different.

Balansujcie dopóki się da, a gdy się już nie da, podpalcie świat!
Author of S.C. Res. № 137
POLAND
STRONG!

The Ambis
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 01, 2021

Postby The Ambis » Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:32 pm

this is one of the best things I've ever read
MINISTER | Magister | Godfather | Archangel | Justice
...There's an obvious gameplay solution to that problem - burn Algerheaven to the ground.
An insightful quote from Site Director Sedgistan

My main base of operations. The Ambis, Legal Affairs Minister of Thaecia, at your service.
Find my citizenships here, my accomplishments here, and my positions here.

"When Alger is the voice of reason, you know you have a problem"

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:35 pm

Our demands are unmet. Thneedville is left with no choice but to declare war on The League, The Order of the Grey Wardens, 10000 Islands, Europeia, The Mystical Alliance, Declansburg, and The Union of Democratic States.
Republic of Northumbria

Free Algerstonia
Minister

Founded: Jan 16, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Algerstonia » Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:38 pm

i have joined your region to participate in your struggle and i am currently arranging times to contact countless numbers of patriots throughout nationstates to fight for the common nations in a noble struggle against the elites
Z

GermanEmpire of kaisereich
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 02, 2022

Postby GermanEmpire of kaisereich » Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:46 pm

Nationalist Northumbria wrote:Our demands are unmet. Thneedville is left with no choice but to declare war on The League, The Order of the Grey Wardens, 10000 Islands, Europeia, The Mystical Alliance, Declansburg, and The Union of Democratic States.

You are literally declaring war on entire Regions that, unless I'm part of one of them, and I'm not even involved in it, whatever happened to you and your region, but declaring war on entire Regions is not the right thing to do. if you do, if you don't calm down and remove the declaration of war, you will be made war trophies for other nations.LOL
Signed:German Empire of Kaisereich, an innocent European nation(But doing dubious things,LOL)
Just a Futuristic, vengeful, militarized, expansionist German Empire, nothing much to worry about, unless you're one of my targets, then you need to worry. :P
A nation of 51.6 in democracy according to this https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=528862.
Victioria tears up Treaty and Peace banning Chemical Weapons production in Germany and the destruction of chemical weapons, chemical factories began producing chemical materials, ´´Chemical Terror´´ imminent.

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:48 pm

GermanEmpire of kaisereich wrote:
Nationalist Northumbria wrote:Our demands are unmet. Thneedville is left with no choice but to declare war on The League, The Order of the Grey Wardens, 10000 Islands, Europeia, The Mystical Alliance, Declansburg, and The Union of Democratic States.

You are literally declaring war on entire Regions that, unless I'm part of one of them, and I'm not even involved in it, whatever happened to you and your region, but declaring war on entire Regions is not the right thing to do. if you do, if you don't calm down and remove the declaration of war, you will be made war trophies for other nations.LOL
Signed:German Empire of Kaisereich, an innocent European nation(But doing dubious things,LOL)

Correction: your region will be made a war trophy for Thneedville.
Republic of Northumbria

Pasybfic
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 18, 2022
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Pasybfic » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:03 pm

I do have to ask at this time whether you are aware of the treaty networks involved with this undertaking.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay