NATION

PASSWORD

NS Christmas Charity Fundraiser 2020

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Wymondham
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 03, 2017
Libertarian Police State

Postby Wymondham » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:28 am

Today's Events: 21December

@10PM UTC (5PM ET) Live on our Twitch - Livestream w/Koth and Sho
Hartfelden:
  • Movie Marathon

Some words from Wym

We smashed $2500 on stream last night, now we have Roavin and Nakari on today - I really hope we can hit $2600 - as, to be frank, I've run out of ways to describe how blown away I am by how much we have raised. Looking forward to seeing as many of yall there as possible

To donate to the Fundraiser, click here. (All funds go direct to The Trevor Project)
Doer of the things and the stuffs.
That British dude who does the charity fundraiser.

Wymondham
Chargé d'Affaires

Libertarian Police State

Postby Wymondham » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:26 pm

Sho
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sho » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:03 pm

Probably one of the best streams to date. "Go the [HECC] to Sleep" was the highlight omg. :rofl:
Sho Jörmunr
Vasilissa Epítimos of Thalassia
Probably your Mom (Especially if you’re a Jörmunr)

You cannot kill me in a way that matters.

Wymondham
Chargé d'Affaires

Libertarian Police State

Postby Wymondham » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:49 am

Today's Events: 22 December

@5AM UTC on the 24th (0AM ET) Live on our Twitch - Lily livestream a tag raid
Caer Sidi - livestreamed on our Twitch:
  • @4PM ET Retrocycles (1h) and Pirates Vikings Knights (1h)
Thalassia:
  • Christmas Ornament Design Competition ends
The Kingdom of Great Britain:
  • Minecraft base competition closes
The West Pacific:
  • Dilber sings in VC

Some words from Wym

omfg. We are so close to $2800, just $3 away, and we have so many great events today. Its a jampacked stream schedule with Caer Sidi on at 4PM ET and then Lily up for their livestreamed tag raid at Major Update. We also have the end of 2 great competitions, run by Thalassia and KoGB, as well as the privilege of listening to Dilber sing in TWP. Last night's stream, the last centrally run stream of this year, was amazing, with aproximately $150 being raised during the stream. I hope y'all enjoy today's events!

To donate to the Fundraiser, click here. (All funds go direct to The Trevor Project)

Sweeze
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 21, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sweeze » Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:55 am

top tier stream (obv unbiased) and finally got past 3k (and 3.1k), hell yeah and ty to everyone who participated and obviously above all the people who donated who are the real champs <3
| lily supreme command | the mt army third in command | dev of nsdotpy |
[6:38 PM] Chingis: ... the Tom Brady of R/D
5417+ times tag/detag delegate, 5945+ regions hit, first person to become delegate of 200+ regions in an update (and only to do so multiple times)
call me audrey, it/she

Wymondham
Chargé d'Affaires

Libertarian Police State

Postby Wymondham » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:02 am

Today's Events: 24 December

The Fundraiser ends at 00:00 PT on the 26th - view the Countdown Clock.
Thalassia:
  • Holiday Thanks I hate it Thursday

Some words from Wym

We are now at $3100 - Lily bloody smashed it with their stream, raising nearly $280. There is just one event today, by Thalassia, before tommorrow where I want to see just how high the NS community can set this bar for next year. I know y'all aren't gonna disappoint.

Last edited by Wymondham on Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Comfed
Minister

Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Comfed » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:10 am

:clap:

Bobberino
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 16, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Bobberino » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:37 pm

Props to the Lilyputans on seemingly cracking the code here. Maybe this hubadabubada thing has some merit after all.
Hi! I'm Bobberino. Not sure why you're wasting your time reading this but eventually I'll figure out all my positions. That time is not now.

Obligatory disclaimer that my posts do not represent any region or any official position therein. All opinions are mine, and mine alone, unless otherwise stated.

Have a nice day! :)

Wymondham
Chargé d'Affaires

Libertarian Police State

The final push

Postby Wymondham » Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:30 am

The Fundraiser ends at 00:00 PT on the 26th - view the Countdown Clock.

Some words from Wym

Well, this is it. The final push, 22 hours 30 minutes remain until the fundraiser closes, let's see how high we can raise this bar!

Last edited by Wymondham on Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wymondham
Chargé d'Affaires

Libertarian Police State

Thank you and Goodbye for now

Postby Wymondham » Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:29 am

And, so, the final curtain falls. 14 days. 101 contributors. $3400 raised. I am a man seldom moved to public displays of emotion. However, I must confess, as I sat down today to write this, I felt a tear in my eye.

While the fundraiser has its roots in a similar event I helped run last year, it all came together rather at the last minute. That is to say, the planning for this started at 11PM at night on the 22nd of November. All in all, it's fair to say that we didn’t do too badly for something that I slapped together at very late notice.

I do not think it would be unfair to say that NationStates, particularly the Gameplay section of the community in which I mainly participate, is a game where conflict is constant and unavoidable. Every 12 hours, without fail, Raiders and Defenders fly from region to region. International incidents occur regularly, as military forces are positioned and diplomats run hurriedly through corridors, bringing news of the latest occurrences at home and abroad. Other nations fight their battles in sporting arenas, as the crowds cheer and jeer, as nation’s seek sporting primacy and bragging rights, until the next tournament at least. Meanwhile, in the august chambers of the World Assembly, scathing attacks and valiant defences on each and every proposal occur in a most robust fashion. Yet, for 2 weeks, we laid down our arms. Well, when it came to the fundraiser at least. For those readers who enjoy their history, it was not unlike the Christmas Truce of 1914. Nations emerged from the trenches, crossed the battlefield and came together to make a real, tangible difference. The community showed that, despite our many differences in both IC and in RL characteristics, we do have one thing in common. We as NS players, not as IC enemies, but OOC allies, can come together to fight for something bigger than our in-game disputes: for charity. something truly special.

It has been my honour and my privilege to host this fundraiser. I wish to thank a few people for their assistance. I wish to thank Dakota for their invaluable work in setting up the discord server, keeping things ticking over while I was not around and for their tireless work to keep me at least semi-functional and, thus, able to make this fundraiser a reality. Aynia, for their advice and knowledge of NS charity fundraising, has been truly invaluable and without them this would have been nowhere near as successful. Will, for giving up so much of his time to make the streams a reality, as well as for putting up with my incredibly demanding style of management. I want to thank every region that participated, as official partners, who are all linked in the OP, or who simply pinned the dispatch on their WFE or promoted our efforts in other ways. I want to give a massive shoutout to everyone who came on a stream. Aynia, Cpt Carrot, Dilber, Halo, Icarus, Josh, Koth, Nakari, Omega, Sho and Syberis, thank you all so much for taking time out of your day to come and sing karaoke, talk Nationstates or give interesting advice. Massive shoutout to Lily for their live streamed tag raid which raised nearly $280, the greatest. Lastly, and by no means least, I want to thank each and every one of you. Whether you donated, remember your thank you badge in the spoiler below if you did, spread the word or merely wished us well. Thank you. Without you, this doesn’t happen and it is just a link in the screaming void of the internet.

We have done a great thing here, and I look forward to seeing what we can do next year. Happy holidays, and have a wonderful new year!

P.S This will be back again next year, if your region is interested in getting involved then shoot me a DM on discord (Wymondham#3478) or a Telegram. Although, if you are a major region, odds are that I will be in touch some time next autumn anyway.
Last edited by Wymondham on Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

LollerLand
Diplomat

Founded: May 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby LollerLand » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:45 am

This was such a wonderful initiative! You all have done a great job! A really sweet thing for NS to do at the end of a year that was hard on a whole lot of people.
Last edited by LollerLand on Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Loller Kingsmoreaux Corleone
WA Delegate, Minister of Foreign Affairs, and Lord of Autumn of The Autumnal Court of Caer Sidi

The New Cordian Empire
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 03, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Cordian Empire » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:06 pm

It was great to even be a small part of this, thank you for putting it together!
Save yourself the trouble and call me NCE.
My views and actions do not reflect those of my respective regions unless I specifically state otherwise.
Former Executive Director of Founderless
Kannap: It is I, the stranger in the night who cuts the power lines with hedge clippers
Zizou: like every time i look at lenin's picture i start thinking about onions
Senkaku: with respect, please shut the fuck up about norway

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay