NATION

PASSWORD

Founderless Dispatch IV: 20% of Our Board are Raiders

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Daytime to Night
Envoy

Founded: Dec 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Daytime to Night » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:48 am

Awesomeland012345 wrote:erm...

isn't this what defenders are already doing?

Yes, we are a defender region who already work with existing defender regions. However we have always had a community of our own, with our own history and reputation, and it seemed like a fun thing to share a region together (having previously been a community of multiple regions).
Former Minister of Security and Minister for Justice - the South Pacific

Potato General Numero Capatata

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:51 am

Sedgistan wrote:Well Karp had been dispatched undercover to win the competition with his stirring rendition of "The Teddy Bears' Picnic" (complete with teddy bear outfit), thus allowing him to choose Founderless as next year's host, but that plan was busted.

As a backup, Falc's been nominated to don his sequined jumpsuit and give us his best Elton impersonation with "I'm Still Standing", the thought being that no-one will want to host (or attend) another RaiderVision after that monstrosity.

The FRA winning and taking Host would be incredibly poetic. Best work on having a really good entry! (and still being here in a year :lol2: )
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Dendarii Mercenaries
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dendarii Mercenaries » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:59 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:For what it worth, we contacted the the best remnant of the FRA available to us, prior to initially adopting the orphaned event :) Former Arch Chancellor Wopruthian gave his approval to adapt content including the concept and rules, on the condition that the heritage/inspiration coming from FRA was explicitly acknowledged - as it still is in the handbook today.

I would hope that, as expressed alresdy here, no one feels the need to do anything silly like "take back" an event that was abandoned, found a new home, and is thriving there. But hey, if we ever hit a snag, I too would hope someone steps in to keep it alive once more!

Scared of competition? Though to be fair it would be bad taste imo.

Federal Republic Of America And The Cari
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal Republic Of America And The Cari » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:32 pm

Kanglia wrote:
Karputsk wrote:We're running a pool on how long it will take before we impeach Falc, if anyone would like to join in.

3 weeks :p

Heyyyyy

Earthly Heaven
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 25, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Earthly Heaven » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:40 pm

6ixDaze wrote:
Benevolent Thomas wrote:Thank [violet], we've been shit about Defender awards since you've left. Get planning!

This was one of the first things mentioned - we will be glad to host the Defender Awards again, community-willing.

Do this, my son.

Another Sedge
Civilian

Founded: Sep 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Another Sedge » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:54 pm

Update #1. The last one doesn't count.

We're still here!

Yes, for those of you who thought Founderless was nothing but a really late April Fools' Day joke, you were WRONG. We might not have done anything. We may have nearly closed the place down. But we're BACK. And better than ever. That may be setting the bar quite low, but we have to start somewhere. On which note:

Sedge is Unretired

-ish. Yes, I'm writing these updates, because 1) I'm the best at it, and 2) no-one else wanted to. As a Game Mod I have to be careful* with what I say. For the sake of balance, I will therefore stick to subtly undermining Founderless via satire until such time as they cotton on (my money's on 2022; if the place is still around). I'm not actually defending. Or doing any real work, I'm just here to point and laugh.

End of an Era

Our esteemed and now erstwhile leader 6ixDaze has stepped down as Executive Director. Note: this is the person formerly known as Falconias, who decided to re-brand because that name was the embarrassing concoction of a teenager. And then picked "6ixDaze" as his grown-up identity. We thank him for his service, and he's now been shuffled off to the retirement home position of "Recruitment Director" where his new, mature persona will surely help him relate to the young players flooding onto NationStates.

6ixDaze's term was summed up by one wholly impartial observer as "not being quite as disastrous as his time as FRA Arch Chancellor", which seems fair, though it doesn't really take into account that Founderless never really had much to ruin. For a Falc term we're rating this a solid 4.5/10.

Beginning of a Better Era

Founderless' new Board of Directors has been rejigged to the following:

Executive Director: New Cordian Empire
Defence Director: Karputsk
Intelligence Director: Numero Capitan
Foreign Affairs Director: Witchcraft and Sorcery
Recruitment Director: 6ixDaze
Communications Director: Sedge
Social Director: Jamie

This was announced with all the proffesionalism you've come to expect of us:

Sorry, I don't know New Cordian Empire or Witchcraft and Sorcery well enough to poke fun at them. Working on that. Jamie's main job as Social Director will be to massage the bruised egos of Board members who have read this update.

Missing Persons Alert

Our Intelligence Director disappeared approximately two days ago, and for professional reasons I probably shouldn't joke about why. However, we do need him back. We're therefore issuing this alert to all invader regions - please check in with your members to see if Numero Capitan is among you. He answers to many names, including:

Daytime to Night
Ursidae's Dad
Red Back
Natipac Oremun
Shell
Jak wait, I'm not going there

If you find him, please let us know and take good care of him in the meantime. Rumours that this is all staged and he's going deep undercover are strenuously denied.

Bear With Us

The Founderless Rangers have been relatively quiet of late, but Defence Director Karputsk has assured us that plans are afoot. His team have been spotted from afar building a large wooden bear on wheels, which is intended to be gifted to The Black Hawks. Please take it into the Council chambers, where it can stand for evermore as a token of our trust and mutual respect.

Here's something to warm your hearts whilst you await its delivery:

Other Stuff

• We don't have a Security Council Director, but if we did, they'd be working on Liberate The New Inquisition.
  • Any regions that have embassies with Founderless can enjoy reading this again on their forums when it gets posted there. Sorry, 10KI will have to wait for someone else to do that for me... I think I'm still banned from their forums for the Devonitians coup :?
  • If they let me post another, the next update will be in about a month.

* having reached this footnote after reading the rests of the update, you may disagree.

Velvet Elvis
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 19, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Velvet Elvis » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:02 pm

Sedge, we may not be that well acquainted yet, but all you (or anyone else, for that matter) needs to know about my approach to foreign affairs is this.

In other words, no sweat, you old farts are in good hands. :p
Executive Director, Founderless

Also known as Witchcraft and Sorcery. Just a kid following in the footsteps of giants.

6ixDaze
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 12, 2020
Left-Leaning College State

Postby 6ixDaze » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:08 pm

Sedge hasn't even been Communications Director for 2 hours.
6ixDaze
Recruiting Director, Founderless
You can call me Falc if you prefer.

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:36 pm

Another Sedge wrote:I'm not actually defending. Or doing any real work, I'm just here to point and laugh.

Boo this man!
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Comfed
Minister

Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Comfed » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:23 pm

Don’t tell me you’re going to be one of those regions with a discord and no forum...

Witchcraft and Sorcery
Envoy

Founded: Feb 01, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Witchcraft and Sorcery » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:32 pm

In war, victory. In peace, vigilance. In death, sacrifice. Commended by SC #429.
Represented in the WA by the mysterious hooded figures lurking in the dog park, speaking through voice changers.

[8:17 PM] Dakota: You're a lame moralist
[8:17 PM] Dakota: But it's okay because the rest of your personality makes up for it

The New Cordian Empire
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 03, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Cordian Empire » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:42 pm

I hereby pledge not to turn Founderless into a shithole.
Save yourself the trouble and call me NCE.
My views and actions do not reflect those of my respective regions unless I specifically state otherwise.
Former Executive Director of Founderless
Kannap: It is I, the stranger in the night who cuts the power lines with hedge clippers
Zizou: like every time i look at lenin's picture i start thinking about onions
Senkaku: with respect, please shut the fuck up about norway

Boda
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Boda » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:15 pm

I laughed. It’s glad to see that Founderless is also a fan of shitposting :p
The Order of the Grey Wardens
In War, Victory. In Peace, Vigilance. In Death, Sacrifice.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:30 pm

It's no coincidence that the return of Sedgistan has coincided with yet another statement victory for defenders tonight in Japan
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

The New Cordian Empire
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 03, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Cordian Empire » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:33 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:It's no coincidence that the return of Sedgistan has coincided with yet another statement victory for defenders tonight in Japan

FRAnon confirmed.
Last edited by The New Cordian Empire on Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Save yourself the trouble and call me NCE.
My views and actions do not reflect those of my respective regions unless I specifically state otherwise.
Former Executive Director of Founderless
Kannap: It is I, the stranger in the night who cuts the power lines with hedge clippers
Zizou: like every time i look at lenin's picture i start thinking about onions
Senkaku: with respect, please shut the fuck up about norway

Goobergunchia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Goobergunchia » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:21 pm

Another Sedge wrote:We don't have a Security Council Director, but if we did, they'd be working on Liberate The New Inquisition.

.... ugh, this is a tempting resolution to write.
(+5175 posts from mostly pre-Jolt)
Making NationStates a different place since 17 May 2003.
ADN Advisor (Ret.)
Nasicournian Officer
Citizen of the Rejected Realms
Discord: Goobergunch#2417
Ideological Bulwark #16
Sponsor, HR#22, SC#4
Rules: GA SC
NS Game Moderator
For your forum moderation needs: The Moderation Forum
For your in-game moderation needs: The Getting Help Page
What are the rules? See the OSRS.
Who are the mods, anyway?

Velvet Elvis
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Board Statement regarding the events in NationStates

Postby Velvet Elvis » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:38 pm

Founderless Statement regarding the region of NationStates

Today a telegram was sent to all residents of the region of NationStates. This telegram was composed by the Founderless Board of Directors and sent by our Delegate Northern Chittowa. The Board was of the opinion that, with the ongoing disturbance and unrest in the region, the region’s residents should know about their delegate’s dark past and open their eyes to the reason for the events of November 28/29. Especially since many natives have expressed serious contempt for raiding and raiders, we thought someone needed to inform them directly of Mikeswill’s hypocrisy. He has counseled, sheltered, and enabled raiders throughout his entire history, and he claimed to be keeping his constituents in NationStates safe while enabling the pillaging and destruction of countless other innocent communities behind their backs.

In addition, we would take this opportunity to respond to comments Mikeswill made in this post on the NationStates RMB.

a) regarding raider attempts to raid NationStates. This is a logical fallacy. Just because raiders have attempted to raid NationStates does not mean Mikeswill does not sympathize with, support, or give counsel to raiders. The facts are not mutually exclusive and to claim that they are is a distraction and total misrepresentation.

b) Founderless did not participate in and does not condone the raid of NationStates. Had we known about it, the Rangers would certainly have deployed to stop it. The reason we sent the telegram is because we are tired of Mikeswill's holier-than-thou attempts to deny the ugly truth about why NationStates was put in this position.

c) For him to suggest that we are jealous of him or his "neutrality" is not only a farce, it is another distraction. End of story. Founderless is most certainly not neutral, and to claim that we are jealous of it is a feeble attempt to grasp at straws.

d) Certainly Mikeswill would not have participated in a raid during his nearly 17 years as delegate of NationStates. The point is that he has directly aided and abetted raiders through the founding of Ile de France, and he is now attempting to distract from this by claiming non-participation.

The Board stands by its decision.

Thank you,

Witchcraft and Sorcery/Velvet Elvis
Foreign Affairs Director, Founderless
-------------

Greetings! I message you with condolences for your region's recent invasion. As someone who has suffered through invasions, I know how traumatic it can be to see your community attacked in such a way.

Thankfully, it seems like the damage has not been lasting, and your region is secure again for the time being. However, it is worth considering why NationStates was attacked after so many years. Unfortunately the finger can only be pointed at one person - your Delegate, Mikeswill.

While Mike is a charismatic leader, and has managed the region well for many years, he also hides a darker side - as a leading invader figure, associating with some of the most notorious groups of raiders in the game, including the now-proscribed DEN, The Black Hawks, Lone Wolves United and more. His puppet nation The Highlander 1 is the founder of Ile de France a thankfully now inactive invader group that nonetheless was responsible for pillaging and destroying hundreds of innocent regions like yours in the past. As you can see in the region, it is tagged "Invader", features a pinned Guide to Invading dispatch, and the RMB has posts from some of the most disreputable invaders in the history of the game.

The only reason Mikeswill has been able to keep NationStates safe in the past is that he has sold his soul - and your region - in a Faustian bargain to the invaders. In return for his support, they leave your region alone.

This might make you wonder why your region was recently invaded - the answer is that it was attacked by a group of nations who have fallen victims to invaders (including to groups Mikeswill supports) in the past, and who wanted a small measure of revenge. Seeking revenge is an ugly emotion, but the people who attacked your region in this case at least elected a fellow native as Delegate and then left immediately, causing no lasting harm. Sadly, most other regions attacked by Mikeswill's fellow invaders suffer far greater damage.

This telegram is to meant to inform you of the background of your region's leader. It is clear from recent posts on NationStates' RMB that many of you share my distate for the invasion of regions. It is time to open your eyes and question your leader. Mikeswill may keep you safe, but at what cost? Does he deserve your endorsement if he continues to consort with invader groups? Is there a better way to do things?

These questions I leave to you to answer - but be aware; there are groups of like-minded nations out in the wider world who stand up to those who invade regions. We work tirelessly day and night to defend regions against the menace of destructive raiders. You, and your fellow region members have the power to change your region's direction. Perhaps NationStates could help to stand up to the bullies next time around?

It was signed by Northern Chittowa.

Also known as Witchcraft and Sorcery. Just a kid following in the footsteps of giants.

Comfed
Minister

Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Comfed » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:55 pm

Why did you feel that you had to send a mass TG on a situation that doesn’t involve you, to a region that you have no connection to? Why do you care?

Falconias
Envoy

Founded: Jan 28, 2005
Anarchy

Postby Falconias » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:00 pm

Comfed wrote:Why did you feel that you had to send a mass TG on a situation that doesn’t involve you, to a region that you have no connection to? Why do you care?

Because our mission is to look after the sovereignty of NationStates. Part of that is ensuring natives are able to have informed input. Mikeswill has been spoon-feeding NationStates natives a false narrative that they are somehow holier-than-thou and quite frankly we are tired of defenders being dragged through the mud. Their latest RMB post accuses us of being involved in the delegacy-tipping, which we were not, and churned out other lies, or convenient statements of fact that are simply dodging the truth (i.e. how he claims he has never participated in a raid - we know that, he's been delegate for 17 years, that wasn't the point).

At some point, someone had to call Mikeswill out on his crap. That is not likely to win us many fans in the peanut gallery. We don't care. NationStates' natives need to know their leader is not all that he makes himself out to be.

Sorry, 2nd edit - we've said this before, but for the record had we been aware of this occurring, we certainly would have deployed to defend against it, despite how we feel about Mikeswill. It is for the natives to decide who their delegate is, not Lily or TGW. They went about this the wrong way, in our opinion, though we are on the same page with regards to Mikeswill's open-secret raider sympathy track record.
Last edited by Falconias on Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Democratic Anarchy of Falconias

Velvet Elvis
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Velvet Elvis » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:04 pm

Comfed wrote:a situation that doesn’t involve you, to a region that you have no connection to? Why do you care?

... except that's literally what defending is.

We chose to do this because we care about the natives of NationStates and their right to the truth. We're tired of the half-truths and obfuscation and we believe the natives have the right to self-determination with regard to the truth, the real truth, about the person who claims to be protecting them while enabling raiders behind their backs.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:12 pm

Falconias wrote:They went about this the wrong way, in our opinion, though we are on the same page with regards to Mikeswill's open-secret raider sympathy track record.

i do have a question, as a member of the org that lead the op against Mikeswill. What was one of the right ways that LILY could have gone about it?
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Falconias
Envoy

Founded: Jan 28, 2005
Anarchy

Postby Falconias » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:35 pm

RiderSyl wrote:
Falconias wrote:They went about this the wrong way, in our opinion, though we are on the same page with regards to Mikeswill's open-secret raider sympathy track record.

i do have a question, as a member of the org that lead the op against Mikeswill. What was one of the right ways that LILY could have gone about it?

Engage with the natives without resorting to military intervention, and take Mikeswill to task in GP and through dispatch. If natives become informed about his hypocritical past and continue to support him, sobeit. If Mikeswill imposes his will (no pun intended) through force, then military invention would be the last resort.
The Democratic Anarchy of Falconias

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:29 pm

Falconias wrote:
RiderSyl wrote:i do have a question, as a member of the org that lead the op against Mikeswill. What was one of the right ways that LILY could have gone about it?

Engage with the natives without resorting to military intervention, and take Mikeswill to task in GP and through dispatch. If natives become informed about his hypocritical past and continue to support him, sobeit. If Mikeswill imposes his will (no pun intended) through force, then military invention would be the last resort.

the FRA might as well be the Fun Removed Alliance. I, like pretty much everyone else in LILY and lot of folks across R/D, play this game because it is entertaining. When reading a reply like the above, it's not a surprise at all that the moralist movement took a hefty backseat to TGW in recent years. Who wants to do all that stuff Falc just laid out? Who wants to meet all these arbitrary requirements before they can go after the prize? Defenders had to indoctrinate their own folks into the "raiders are IRL bad people and griefers that must be stopped for the greater good" nonsense in order to push people to actually update, and it's because nobody wants to play the game like that of their own accord. Defending was better off without this 'only one right way to play' garbage, and while it's nice to see the names involved active again, I don't welcome the return of what they'll be peddling. Play this game however you want, as long as it's within the rules of the site. That's how it should be.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Aleister
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aleister » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:57 pm

Falconias wrote:Because our mission is to look after the sovereignty of NationStates.

Only when that sovereignty aligns with your moralist, defender high horse.

Falconias wrote:Engage with the natives without resorting to military intervention, and take Mikeswill to task in GP and through dispatch.

Falconias wrote:NationStates' natives need to know their leader is not all that he makes himself out to be.

That sounds a lot more like propagandizing against the sitting government of a sovereign region to me. And the fragile reasoning you use to back this is that the natives of NationStates "don't really know who Mikeswill is". Mikeswill, the nation who was just their sitting delegate for 17 years?

NationStates was meme'd on with that raid and it was kind of funny. The FRA trying to use the attention on the event as a way to influence the region's natives to push their pro-defender agenda is not as funny.

A Bloodred Moon
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 13, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby A Bloodred Moon » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:43 am

Falconias wrote:Because our mission is to look after the sovereignty of NationStates.

So you send a telegram undermining their legitimate delegate while your buddies launch an attack against the region in question? It’d appear that defenders will only defend when you bow to their every demand.

Their latest RMB post accuses us of being involved in the delegacy-tipping,

The post you lot linked in the statement talks about defenders violating NationStates’ sovereignty to overthrow the legitimate delegate, which is completely accurate.

NationStates' natives need to know their leader is not all that he makes himself out to be.

So you sent them a telegram to undermine their delegate, after your fellow defenders overthrew his delegacy?

Sorry, 2nd edit - we've said this before, but for the record had we been aware of this occurring, we certainly would have deployed to defend against it, despite how we feel about Mikeswill.

Out of curiosity, was the large force staging to overthrow Mike spotted by other defenders?
JoWhatup

Alpha Emeritus of Lone Wolves United - For Your Protection

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay