NATION

PASSWORD

Order - Fatherland - Family | Farkasfalka Regional Thread!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Founded: Jul 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:15 pm

a throwback poster to a simpler time! As we revamp our main and military dispatch, we will be keeping up with the times and creating new content for Farkasfalkans!
Last edited by Nouveau Quebecois on Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't talk to Moderators.
Don't associate with Moderators.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:42 pm

That symbol looks a bit like... something :unsure:
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:53 pm

Tinhampton wrote:That symbol looks a bit like... something :unsure:

Really? I can't find a resemblance... :geek:
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Boda
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Boda » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:55 pm

This thread >_>
The Order of the Grey Wardens
In War, Victory. In Peace, Vigilance. In Death, Sacrifice.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:56 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Tinhampton wrote:That symbol looks a bit like... something :unsure:

Really? I can't find a resemblance... :geek:

Add a couple of perpendicular bars to the downwards-sloping line on your tilted Farkasfalka symbol and you get a fucking swastika :roll:
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:56 pm

Boda wrote:This thread >_>

Thanks man it took me an hour to set up.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:57 pm

Tinhampton wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:Really? I can't find a resemblance... :geek:

Add a couple of perpendicular bars to the downwards-sloping line on your tilted Farkasfalka symbol and you get a fucking swastika :roll:

Add a couple of perpendicular bars to anything and eventually you'll get a swastika :lol2:
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:07 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Tinhampton wrote:Add a couple of perpendicular bars to the downwards-sloping line on your tilted Farkasfalka symbol and you get a fucking swastika :roll:

Add a couple of perpendicular bars to anything and eventually you'll get a swastika :lol2:

Sandwich a bar of Toblerone between two perpendicular bars of Toblerone and you get an elongated letter "H..." or, at worst, a bastardised letter "Z." The Farkasfalka symbol by itself does not appear controversial to most people; tilt it a bit the right way - as has happened with the WOLVES AMONG MEN poster above - and you start to remind them of the Nazi swastika (which, I hasten to remind you, the moderators do not like).

Your impression of Farkasfalka as being merely "decreeist," rather than fascist, is not helped when one of your Tribunuses(?) and your Minister for Internal Affairs (also a Tribunus) are both openly celebrating Hitler's birthday on the RMB.

This does not look like any sort of discussion about "space colonisation," and Kustonia's post attempting to encourage such discussion has met two replies, both of the form "yeah, I'll write something later." If you want to promote "civil discussion" on the RMB, please don't do so by presenting a post about somebody complaining that his post was suppressed for using the word "shithole" as a good example thereof.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:18 pm

Tinhampton wrote:Sandwich a bar of Toblerone between two perpendicular bars of Toblerone and you get an elongated letter "H..." or, at worst, a bastardised letter "Z." The Farkasfalka symbol by itself does not appear controversial to most people; tilt it a bit the right way - as has happened with the WOLVES AMONG MEN poster above - and you start to remind them of the Nazi swastika (which, I hasten to remind you, the moderators do not like).

I tilted the symbol to align with Napoleon's horse. You don't have to tell me what the moderators like and don't like.

Tinhampton wrote:Your impression of Farkasfalka as being merely "decreeist," rather than fascist, is not helped when one of your Tribunuses(?) and your Minister for Internal Affairs (also a Tribunus) are both openly celebrating Hitler's birthday on the RMB.

People can celebrate what they like. Honestly I don't care if someone wants to celebrate Hitler's or Stalin's or Roosevelt's birthday.

Tinhampton wrote:This does not look like any sort of discussion about "space colonisation," and Kustonia's post attempting to encourage such discussion has met two replies, both of the form "yeah, I'll write something later." If you want to promote "civil discussion" on the RMB, please don't do so by presenting a post about somebody complaining that his post was suppressed for using the word "shithole" as a good example thereof.

It's a good example of a discussion.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Deacarsia
Ambassador

Founded: May 12, 2019
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Deacarsia » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:13 pm

I think space colonization is a very interesting idea, but I am not sure that the costs outweigh the benefits at present. Hopefully, it someday will be profitable, as I find science behind it fascinating. Either way, I believe that space exploration should be done entirely privately, with no government support.

Science Rocks!
Visit vaticancatholic.com

Extra Ecclésiam nulla salus

Boda
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Boda » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:24 pm

If you don't care about what natives say, then continue to expect people not caring if you say ur not fascist :)
The Order of the Grey Wardens
In War, Victory. In Peace, Vigilance. In Death, Sacrifice.

Deacarsia
Ambassador

Founded: May 12, 2019
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Deacarsia » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:25 pm

Farkasfalka is pronounced [ˈfɒrkɒʃˌfɒlkɒ].
Last edited by Deacarsia on Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Visit vaticancatholic.com

Extra Ecclésiam nulla salus

Great Algerstonia
Minister

Founded: Mar 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Algerstonia » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:12 pm

Nakena wrote:The most important question of all:

How do you spell Farkasfalka?

Far-kas-fal-ka?

How do you pronounce Farkasfalka? Is it Fark-as-falk-a? Or what?
Anti: Russia
Pro: Prussia
Resilient Acceleration wrote:After a period of letting this discussion run its course without my involvement due to sheer laziness and a new related NS project, I have returned with an answer and that answer is Israel.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:55 pm

Boda wrote:If you don't care about what natives say, then continue to expect people not caring if you say ur not fascist :)

lmao what are you talking about?
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:55 pm

Great Algerstonia wrote:
Nakena wrote:The most important question of all:

How do you spell Farkasfalka?

Far-kas-fal-ka?

How do you pronounce Farkasfalka? Is it Fark-as-falk-a? Or what?

Apparently it is pronounced "[ˈfɒrkɒʃˌfɒlkɒ]." Good luck with that :lol2:
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:18 am

Deacarsia wrote:I think space colonization is a very interesting idea, but I am not sure that the costs outweigh the benefits at present. Hopefully, it someday will be profitable, as I find science behind it fascinating. Either way, I believe that space exploration should be done entirely privately, with no government support.

Science Rocks!

What do you think about those who say space shouldn't be profited of? I know for a fact that some in Farkasfalka or at least on our Discord hold that worldview.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:21 am

This isn't the place for that discussion.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:23 am

Sedgistan wrote:This isn't the place for that discussion.

Should this be moved to general?
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:29 am

No, the thread is fine here - regions can have a thread in Gameplay, but it's for their news and discussion of that region.

If you want to discuss non-gameplay stuff like space colonisation either use your RMB or post a new thread in General.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:32 am

Sedgistan wrote:No, the thread is fine here - regions can have a thread in Gameplay, but it's for their news and discussion of that region.

If you want to discuss non-gameplay stuff like space colonisation either use your RMB or post a new thread in General.

Alright, we'll make note of that in the future.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

The Sladerstan
Envoy

Founded: Jan 07, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sladerstan » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:43 am

Tinhampton wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:Really? I can't find a resemblance... :geek:

That can be said for any shape. We might as well assume the "+" sign to be a swastika. Better remove it from mathematics ASAP :rofl:
Also, I could turn a line in to swastika with that logic, so I should take the sword out of my flag.

Anyways, this thread is FINE, easily readable, and not just a block of seemingly endless text. Aesthetic indeed.

South Reinkalistan
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby South Reinkalistan » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:36 am

The Sladerstan wrote:
Tinhampton wrote:Add a couple of perpendicular bars to the downwards-sloping line on your tilted Farkasfalka symbol and you get a fucking swastika :roll:

That can be said for any shape. We might as well assume the "+" sign to be a swastika. Better remove it from mathematics ASAP :rofl:
Also, I could turn a line in to swastika with that logic, so I should take the sword out of my flag.

Anyways, this thread is FINE, easily readable, and not just a block of seemingly endless text. Aesthetic indeed.

Given Farkasfalka's theme (which is a lot in line with fascism), the similarities to the swastika should not be overlooked.

I honestly will be frank: I strongly dislike Farkasfalka and their beliefs. The bigotry displayed in their discord server and RMB is unacceptable, and I'm aware that Vungar himself holds some deeply troubling beliefs. I consider them, as a region, to be a negative force upon NationStates at large, and I think it'd be a better place were they to be completely destroyed and wiped off this game for good.

That said, this does have a nice format, and it's well-written. It's a shame to see such wasted on Farkasfalka. It's pseudo-professionalism like this that gets them users, and continues to allow their region to function. Though I'm fairly sure that this is at the end just NQ's way of poorly compensating for the complete and utter flop that was the Interregional Axis.
Last edited by South Reinkalistan on Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
THE PEOPLE ETERNAL
" We will not bow to your dictation. We are free. We bled to be free.
Who are you to tell us what we may and may not do? We stopped being your slaves an era ago. "
South Reinkalistan is a massive, ecologically-diverse nation notable for its roving student militias and widespread hatred for the elderly.
In the midst of a room-temperature cultural revolution that's lost its momentum, the Party carefully plans its next move.
As the brittle bones of fragile empires begin to crack beneath their own weight, history's symphony reaches crescendo pitch. The future is all but certain.

Vungar
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Vungar » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:06 pm

South Reinkalistan wrote:
The Sladerstan wrote:That can be said for any shape. We might as well assume the "+" sign to be a swastika. Better remove it from mathematics ASAP :rofl:

Given Farkasfalka's theme (which is a lot in line with fascism), the similarities to the swastika should not be overlooked.

I honestly will be frank: I strongly dislike Farkasfalka and their beliefs. The bigotry displayed in their discord server and RMB is unacceptable, and I'm aware that Vungar himself holds some deeply troubling beliefs. I consider them, as a region, to be a negative force upon NationStates at large, and I think it'd be a better place were they to be completely destroyed and wiped off this game for good.

That said, this does have a nice format, and it's well-written. It's a shame to see such wasted on Farkasfalka. It's pseudo-professionalism like this that gets them users, and continues to allow their region to function. Though I'm fairly sure that this is at the end just NQ's way of poorly compensating for the complete and utter flop that was the Interregional Axis.

Aw, thanks! ;)

I sure hope you aren't assuming what my views are based on the memes I post in our discord! That would be a shame.
Founder and Király Farkas of Farkasfalka and the Farkas Lovagok
_________ | _________ | _________ | _________ | _________

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:05 pm

South Reinkalistan wrote:That said, this does have a nice format, and it's well-written. It's a shame to see such wasted on Farkasfalka. It's pseudo-professionalism like this that gets them users, and continues to allow their region to function.

Yes, that's the intention.

South Reinkalistan wrote:That said, this does have a nice format, and it's well-written. It's a shame to see such wasted on Farkasfalka. It's pseudo-professionalism like this that gets them users, and continues to allow their region to function. Though I'm fairly sure that this is at the end just NQ's way of poorly compensating for the complete and utter flop that was the Interregional Axis.

The IRX is still functioning, still making a difference in preventing raids on it's members, and still planning raids for the future. Don't you worry about us.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Aurum Raider
Envoy

Founded: Sep 18, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Aurum Raider » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:01 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:The IRX is still functioning, still making a difference in preventing raids on it's members, and still planning raids for the future. Don't you worry about us.

You're giving me the impression that you weren't kidding about trying to recruit me for that.
Vleerian Vytherov-Denral
Cognitohazard

The North Polish Union wrote:Additionally, virtually all founderless regions are viewed as falling under the defenders' allegedly protective purview. This is a form of colonialism that the great imperialist regions of NS history could only dream of.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay