NATION

PASSWORD

Drew Durnil broke nationstates

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Shetialand
Secretary

Founded: Apr 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Shetialand » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:21 am

DAMN IMMIGRANTS /s

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:22 am

The New California Republic wrote:The World Assembly page is having trouble loading. Probably all the newbies causing that.

This is going to be an exercise for the next two weeks. We need to record events like this for posterity.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

Cisairse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cisairse » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:22 am

Excellent
The details of the above post are subject to leftist infighting.

I officially endorse Fivey Fox for president of the United States.

Dytarma
Minister

Founded: Nov 24, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Dytarma » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:22 am

Lower Nubia wrote:
Dytarma wrote:This isn't the first time I've seen a YouTuber review NS, but this is certainly the biggest so far. Just remember there're always bigger fish.

They're a close nit group, one video pops up, sometimes others follow.

I'm not going to lie, I watch his videos every now and then when they pop up in my feed, but when I saw he made that video, I actually decided to not watch it until I found out it was NS related. But yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if we experience this for a couple days or so.
I don't acknowledge the existence of genders and I'm pro death on abortion. All babies must die (sc).
Master Dispatch (or everything I don't want deleted)
Dytarma's Birthday
Don't know what else to put, so I'm -0.50 left and -0.41 libertarian according to The Political Compass

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:22 am

Aureumterra wrote:Aaaaaand… as expected a shitton of these people are putting swastikas, fasces, hammers and sickles on their flags to be edgy. Also expected from a YouTuber who makes HOI4 and EU4 videos and a sizable chunk of his comments sections is "Nazis weren’t that bad"

They'll get whacked if they break the rules.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Penlight
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 08, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Penlight » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:22 am

Aureumterra wrote:Aaaaaand… as expected a shitton of these people are putting swastikas, fasces, hammers and sickles on their flags to be edgy. Also expected from a YouTuber who makes HOI4 and EU4 videos and a sizable chunk of his comments sections is "Nazis weren’t that bad"

People gonna be edgy. I'm actually quite impressed by the discourse/platform for discussion that NS has provided. I'm going to echo what most of y'all are saying in that, a lot of these people will bounce around the forums, lose interest, and leave. NS isn't exactly like... a riveting game at first glance. A lot of it is provided by interactions with people on forums. Which might not be something a lot of people are willing to do if they are just here to check it out or be ridiculous.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:23 am

Hologaland wrote:Heh, while I am subbed to Drew I actually found this site just mere hours before Drew uploaded his video so when I finally decided to make a nation everything was slow. So, I guess I contributed to the lag. Anyways it seems to be getting better now. Also, most of the people on here seem a bit harsh towards newcomers going by the replies.

I wouldn't say "harsh towards newcomers". More like, jaded by past experiences. A lot of you will be decent posters, valuable additions to the community. But, in accordance with Sturgeon's Law, a lot more will be trolls, edgelords, poor-quality, etc. Not that we didn't have our fair share of those types already, but still.

Regardless, here's hoping for the best.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

SangMar
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 15, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby SangMar » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:23 am

Ahh, I love the smell of untamed wehraboos in the evening. Don’t you, Aureumterra?
On Nationstates since 2012.
Nationstates’ Favourite Unknown and Autistic Tankie Eliminator!
B E G O N E T A N K I E DEGENERATE
Protip: Tankies =/= all communists.
Here - this is my political orientation, for anyone who wishes to know: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=75.0&d=45.6&g=60.3&s=81.6

https://www.politicalcompass.org/analysis2?ec=-4.88&soc=-4.31

While my sig is mostly jest, and I do not want to harm those who are tankies, let me say this: If you’re the type to talk about “fash” or “bashing the fash” yet refuse to criticise the crimes of Stalin, Pol Pot and Mao, then you need to take a long, hard fucking look at yourself. Because you ARE the thing you want to “bash”, even if you dress it up in a different skin.

Lower Nubia
Minister

Founded: Dec 22, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lower Nubia » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:23 am

Dytarma wrote:
Lower Nubia wrote:
They're a close nit group, one video pops up, sometimes others follow.

I'm not going to lie, I watch his videos every now and then when they pop up in my feed, but when I saw he made that video, I actually decided to not watch it until I found out it was NS related. But yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if we experience this for a couple days or so.

I'd give it a little longer, YouTubers ted to have pre-video schedules. In the video, he reviews Condemn Kuriko? (I think) that was ages ago.
  1. Anglo-Catholic
    Anglican
  2. Socially Centre-Right
  3. Third Way Neoliberal
  4. Asperger
    Syndrome
  5. Graduated
    in Biochemistry
Her Region of Africa
Her Overview (WIP)
"These are they who are made like to God as far as possible, of their own free will, and by God's indwelling, and by His abiding grace. They are truly called gods, not by nature, but by participation; just as red-hot iron is called fire, not by nature, but by participation in the fire's action."
Signature Updated: 15th April, 2022

Aeritai
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeritai » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:24 am

New Spiedska wrote:
Aeritai wrote:Forum 7 is going to have a field day with this, so many one-liner post in AN/AL threads.

I frequent F7 and I can already tell you low effort posts are already the norm. What this will likely cause to F7 (assuming the Drew people stick around) will be both A.) Even more low effort posting and B.) Low effort posting being around for quite a long time

I visit F7 as well as one of my puppet nations and I am aware of low-effort post though if these new nations stick around we'll see a increase.

Anyway welcome newcomers to Nationstates! Remember to be respectful!
Just call me Aeri
IC: This is a fantasy medieval nation full of deer people... Yes you read that right, deer people
I am a Human Female

Rostavykhan
Minister

Founded: Sep 30, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Rostavykhan » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:24 am

The New Order of Europe wrote:You know that one scene from Breaking Bad where Walter is in the empty crawl space and he just screams?

That is a mood for me.

Ah, another man of culture.

I got the same feeling too ngl, lol.

Ashaie wrote:
Riysa wrote:its 2014 all over again.
If I may, what happened in 2014? That would be before my time.

I've been around since 2010 (prior nation), and even I don't remember well.
LEARN TO HATE ; TOTAL HATRED FOR TOTAL WAR
LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE | FEED, SEED, SNEED

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:24 am

Salus Maior wrote:

They'll get whacked if they break the rules.

Afaik Drew only showed them gameside, so it'll be quite the rude awakening for them to post and see how strict mods are in enforcement.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:24 am

Ashaie wrote:
Riysa wrote:its 2014 all over again.
If I may, what happened in 2014? That would be before my time.

Uuuhhh... majorly updooted Reddit post, I think?

Cisairse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cisairse » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:25 am

Grenartia wrote:
Hologaland wrote:Heh, while I am subbed to Drew I actually found this site just mere hours before Drew uploaded his video so when I finally decided to make a nation everything was slow. So, I guess I contributed to the lag. Anyways it seems to be getting better now. Also, most of the people on here seem a bit harsh towards newcomers going by the replies.

I wouldn't say "harsh towards newcomers". More like, jaded by past experiences. A lot of you will be decent posters, valuable additions to the community. But, in accordance with Sturgeon's Law, a lot more will be trolls, edgelords, poor-quality, etc. Not that we didn't have our fair share of those types already, but still.

Honestly it's a bold claim that NSG regulars aren't already populated with edgelords.
The details of the above post are subject to leftist infighting.

I officially endorse Fivey Fox for president of the United States.

Legolannd
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Legolannd » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:26 am

I'm so mad. I can't even view the WA. this is crazy.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:26 am

Cisairse wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

Honestly it's a bold claim that NSG regulars aren't already populated with edgelords.

No subculture of the site is free from edgelords. Except, maybe F7.

Dytarma
Minister

Founded: Nov 24, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Dytarma » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:26 am

Lower Nubia wrote:
Dytarma wrote:I'm not going to lie, I watch his videos every now and then when they pop up in my feed, but when I saw he made that video, I actually decided to not watch it until I found out it was NS related. But yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if we experience this for a couple days or so.

I'd give it a little longer, YouTubers ted to have pre-video schedules. In the video, he reviews Condemn Kuriko? (I think) that was ages ago.

Yeah, he could also always make more videos around NS. The guy I watched made around 10-15 episodes I think. SO this could go for weeks now that I'm re-thinking this.
I don't acknowledge the existence of genders and I'm pro death on abortion. All babies must die (sc).
Master Dispatch (or everything I don't want deleted)
Dytarma's Birthday
Don't know what else to put, so I'm -0.50 left and -0.41 libertarian according to The Political Compass

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:27 am

We're not necessarily opposed to newcomers, it's just that the majority of the shit that goes down on the website occurs because newcomers don't read the rules, think this is reddit, and bomb the forums with trash.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:27 am

Cisairse wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

Yeah, but we know and love the current edgelords. We don't want new edgelords, that's all.
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:27 am

Aeritai wrote:
New Spiedska wrote:I frequent F7 and I can already tell you low effort posts are already the norm. What this will likely cause to F7 (assuming the Drew people stick around) will be both A.) Even more low effort posting and B.) Low effort posting being around for quite a long time

I visit F7 as well as one of my puppet nations and I am aware of low-effort post though if these new nations stick around we'll see a increase.

As long as I am around, I will make damn sure that F7 survives! :P

Super late Gen Sec stuff, yay!
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Founded: Jul 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:28 am

IS THAT SO? :o :o :o
Don't talk to Moderators.
Don't associate with Moderators.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Republic of Turbin
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Turbin » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:28 am

It won’t be hard to imagine that other larger YouTubers will cover NS as a result. Expect for a lot of new nations, best of luck to the pacifics.
Joe Biden

Gary Montgomery Stu
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Gary Montgomery Stu » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:29 am

Aeritai wrote:
New Spiedska wrote:I frequent F7 and I can already tell you low effort posts are already the norm. What this will likely cause to F7 (assuming the Drew people stick around) will be both A.) Even more low effort posting and B.) Low effort posting being around for quite a long time

I highly doubt they’d be respectful. If I am going to be frank, I do make several nations based on notorious regimes on this site, but for the sake of writing a lore for it and making it either lovable or hateable (though I prescribe with the latter as a recipe) in roleplay, but these newcomers? These are going to be people with offensive internet Fowler-based humour.
The Plunderphonicgasms of Gary Montgomery Stu

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:30 am

Cekoviu wrote:
Cisairse wrote:

Yeah, but we know and love the current edgelords. We don't want new edgelords, that's all.

We're so used to the usual bad takes.

The Democratic Nation of Unovia
Minister

Founded: Jun 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Democratic Nation of Unovia » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:30 am

My question is if other Pro Youtubers have NS accounts.
If so, why don't they create their own Region and just leave the rest of the NS existing to us?
Minister of Operations of New World Union! TG me for Regional Information!
As a Map Maker, I help many Regions Current Region assisting: NextGen Roleplay.
If you want my assistance with Real World Maps, please TG me.
Loyal to New World Union

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay