NATION

PASSWORD

l

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
South Reinkalistan
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

l

Postby South Reinkalistan » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:22 am

---
Last edited by South Reinkalistan on Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
THE PEOPLE ETERNAL
" We will not bow to your dictation. We are free. We bled to be free.
Who are you to tell us what we may and may not do? We stopped being your slaves an era ago. "
South Reinkalistan is a massive, ecologically-diverse nation notable for its roving student militias and widespread hatred for the elderly.
In the midst of a room-temperature cultural revolution that's lost its momentum, the Party carefully plans its next move.
As the brittle bones of fragile empires begin to crack beneath their own weight, history's symphony reaches crescendo pitch. The future is all but certain.

American Pere Housh
Senator

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:41 am

I as a fellow AWF member forgive you for what you have done. All people make mistakes but what's past is past.
Government Type: Militaristic Republic
Leader: President Alexander Jones
Prime Minister: Isabella Stuart-Jones
Secretary of Defense: Hitomi Izumi
Secretary of State: Eliza 'Vanny' Cortez
Time: 2023
Population: MT-450 million
Territory: All of North America, The Islands of the Caribbean and the Philippines

Kaystein
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaystein » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:55 pm

So you're the reason why The New Roman Imperium ended and I have one less ally in this game? The blame isn't just on you according to your own words. It's the CCD too. Damn them. Another reason why they need to go.

EDIT: I had originally written you could have earned my forgiveness if you somehow got Novae Romae to restart their region, but that was under the assumption the largest error Novae Romae did under your influence was making embassies with the wrong people. After reading LKE's statement, I know that's only a dream. Then there's the fact you went and unjustly damaged another community's property!

You'll find no forgiveness from me. Try again in a year or two.
Last edited by Kaystein on Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Queen Yuno
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Queen Yuno » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:20 pm

Kaystein wrote:So you're the reason why The New Roman Imperium ended and I have one less ally in this game? The blame isn't just on you according to your own words. It's the CCD too. Damn them. Another reason why they need to go.

EDIT: I had originally written you could have earned my forgiveness if you somehow got Novae Romae to restart their region, but that was under the assumption the largest error Novae Romae did under your influence was making embassies with the wrong people. After reading LKE's statement, I know that's only a dream. Then there's the fact you went and unjustly damaged another community's property!

Can someone TL;DR this entire drama?
This entire thing flies over my head

#micros
Stop giving misogynistic abusers a platform. Anyone who sides with Tiktok Star Andrew Tate even 1% of what he says will be treated as enemy who should be shamed out of society. Impressions+Views+Videowatches=$. Nothing he says is new or revolutionary. I don't care if he said "some good stuff", it's still bad because: the more you watch him, the more ad revenue MONEY and algorithm BOOSTS you're giving him to traffick victims. And don't say the victim lied, a young man stupidly told me that the victim confessed to lying, I told em to link me proof, articles or the Audio of her confession, he googled and found 0 proof 0 articles, and he realized he was spreading fake rumors he heard and BELIEVED without fact-check. Don't brand victims as liars without GOOGLING. Debated here

WayNeacTia
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:24 pm

Queen Yuno wrote:
Kaystein wrote:So you're the reason why The New Roman Imperium ended and I have one less ally in this game? The blame isn't just on you according to your own words. It's the CCD too. Damn them. Another reason why they need to go.

Can someone TL;DR this entire drama?
This entire thing flies over my head

#micros

Honestly, it is best to not know.
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

Gorundu
Envoy

Founded: May 02, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Gorundu » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:17 am

I for one don't see how the continued existence of the New Roman Imperium would do you any good, considering its tarnished reputation. Novae Romae made a good decision to shut it down, and I think he needs some time, like many of his friends, to think about what to do going forward.
Former Delegate of The North Pacific

Badge hunter (x3)
Former lurker of WA forums
Author of GA#485, GA#516, SC#337 and the other one we don't talk about
Posts do not represent my region's views unless stated otherwise.

South Reinkalistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby South Reinkalistan » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:17 am

Gorundu wrote:

I for one don't see how the continued existence of the New Roman Imperium would do you any good, considering its tarnished reputation. Novae Romae made a good decision to shut it down, and I think he needs some time, like many of his friends, to think about what to do going forward.

Just to clarify, Novae Romae has informed me and others that he has no intentions to continue playing NationStates short of keeping the nation from CTEing.

The New Roman Imperium, or any derivative, will very likely not be revived.
THE PEOPLE ETERNAL
Who are you to tell us what we may and may not do? We stopped being your slaves an era ago. "
South Reinkalistan is a massive, ecologically-diverse nation notable for its roving student militias and widespread hatred for the elderly.
In the midst of a room-temperature cultural revolution that's lost its momentum, the Party carefully plans its next move.
As the brittle bones of fragile empires begin to crack beneath their own weight, history's symphony reaches crescendo pitch. The future is all but certain.

Twins of Hearts
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 07, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Twins of Hearts » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:07 pm

South Reinkalistan wrote:Just to clarify, Novae Romae has informed me and others that he has no intentions to continue playing NationStates short of keeping the nation from CTEing.

I have always found apologies in public like this to be so much rubbish. You had your motives you made your decisions, now live with it. I suppose if it makes you feel better to rub ashes all over yourself and plead for forgiveness, well, do you.

Were you blacklisted for your behavior and choices?

Marxist Germany
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Germany » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:21 pm

Twins of Hearts wrote:
South Reinkalistan wrote:Just to clarify, Novae Romae has informed me and others that he has no intentions to continue playing NationStates short of keeping the nation from CTEing.

I have always found apologies in public like this to be so much rubbish. You had your motives you made your decisions, now live with it. I suppose if it makes you feel better to rub ashes all over yourself and plead for forgiveness, well, do you.

He was not blacklisted afaik as he did not even come close to the threshold.
Author of GA#461, GA#470, GA#477, GA#481, GA#486 (co-author), and SC#295

Former delegate of The United Federations; citizen and former Senior Senator of 10000 Islands; 113th Knight of TITO

Boda
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Boda » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:51 pm

Twins of Hearts wrote:

:roll:
The Order of the Grey Wardens
In War, Victory. In Peace, Vigilance. In Death, Sacrifice.

South Reinkalistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby South Reinkalistan » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:14 pm

Twins of Hearts wrote:

Considering the blacklist is a rather extensive list that passes around through word of mouth rather than any definitive registry, it's honestly difficult to tell. I hope not.

I had my motives, though they were not good motives. I made my decisions, but they were not good decisions. I think it's good to show that I recognise this, rather than have everyone assume I'm happy with the shocking choices I've made.
THE PEOPLE ETERNAL

WayNeacTia
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:39 am

Twins of Hearts wrote:I have always found apologies in public like this to be so much rubbish. You had your motives you made your decisions, now live with it. I suppose if it makes you feel better to rub ashes all over yourself and plead for forgiveness, well, do you.

The hypocrisy in this statement truly is beyond belief.
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

Atlantarctica
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Atlantarctica » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:49 am

Wayneactia wrote:
Twins of Hearts wrote:I have always found apologies in public like this to be so much rubbish. You had your motives you made your decisions, now live with it. I suppose if it makes you feel better to rub ashes all over yourself and plead for forgiveness, well, do you.

The hypocrisy in this statement truly is beyond belief.

Not just hypocrisy, it's disgusting in general. Why shouldn't people be able to apologize for their actions? OP apologized because they had a change of heart and realized their own wrongdoings, not because they wanted sympathy.
This type of thinking is morally wrong and I have no idea why anybody would think that.
In Character info

The Commonwealth of Atlantarctica is a continental-sized federation much like that of the UK. Founded in the early 2060s, Atlantarctica's economy has recently flourished due to its tourism industry and friendly relations towards its neighbors.
Atlantarctica is against weapons of mass destruction and advocate for pacifism
Atlantarctica is classified as a Tier 6, Type 4.5 nation
(ns stats bad)
Flag design created by the Kingdom of Cantelo
Out of Character info

Male, 16, irreligious deist. Centre-left, no I don't approve of the far left or far right but I lean more towards the left. I hate the Republican party and the Democratic party. I'm all for LBGTQ+ rights & liberty but to a certain degree.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:08 pm

Atlantarctica wrote:
Wayneactia wrote:The hypocrisy in this statement truly is beyond belief.

Not just hypocrisy, it's disgusting in general. Why shouldn't people be able to apologize for their actions? OP apologized because they had a change of heart and realized their own wrongdoings, not because they wanted sympathy.
This type of thinking is morally wrong and I have no idea why anybody would think that.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't, unfortunately.

But for Rein, I know you mean well, so... Know that we all have our mistakes in the past - both heavy or light. I've personally not delved into NSGP too much, so I can't judge on each merit / de-merit from your time in CCD. But the fact that you have acknowledged your mistake, is you growing as a person.

So... I wish you all the best with your new region, and I hope everything goes for you folks with a new beginning! Just try your best not to fall into the same place again! ^^;
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2016

Postby Diarcesia » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:16 pm

Valentine Z wrote:
Atlantarctica wrote:Not just hypocrisy, it's disgusting in general. Why shouldn't people be able to apologize for their actions? OP apologized because they had a change of heart and realized their own wrongdoings, not because they wanted sympathy.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't, unfortunately.

But for Rein, I know you mean well, so... Know that we all have our mistakes in the past - both heavy or light. I've personally not delved into NSGP too much, so I can't judge on each merit / de-merit from your time in CCD. But the fact that you have acknowledged your mistake, is you growing as a person.

So... I wish you all the best with your new region, and I hope everything goes for you folks with a new beginning! Just try your best not to fall into the same place again! ^^;

Actions speak louder than words... but then, how do we know if one doesn't apologize in writing?

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015

Postby Valentine Z » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:25 pm

Diarcesia wrote:Actions speak louder than words... but then, how do we know if one doesn't apologize in writing?

That is indeed a fair point and basically what I wanted to say!

Apologies can sound and look cheap, but we should always let the persons redeem themselves though their actions. ^^
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Depackya
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Depackya » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:45 pm

Apologies never work, my friend... I thought this was made quite clear by the results of my own region's public apology. I was correct to revoke it.

The stain of your association with us will never leave you. It's only a matter of time until another apology is demanded of you. The world is quite the unforgiving place.
Last edited by Depackya on Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hail the Confederation!
Depackya | Mouth and Will of the Emperor | Confederation of Corrupt Dictators
"Liberty is Overrated."
Yes, this nation uses NS Stats. Yes, my citizens live to 26 24 yrs old.
All posts are OOC unless marked otherwise.

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2016

Postby Diarcesia » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:08 pm

Depackya wrote:Apologies never work, my friend... I thought this was made quite clear by the results of my own region's public apology. I was correct to revoke it.

The stain of your association with us will never leave you. It's only a matter of time until another apology is demanded of you. The world is quite the unforgiving place.

An apology that will never be accepted anyway? Sometimes it is what it is, I guess.

Fair? No. Understandable? Yes.

Destructive Government Economic System
Minister

Founded: Jun 15, 2017
Corporate Police State

Postby Destructive Government Economic System » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:38 pm

For what it's worth, I'd be 100% willing to see you back in action, this time as an upstanding user.

Good luck, and I hope the best for you and AWF o7
"All I wish is to see the world burn."
-The Great Uniter and Beast of the DGES
(By the way, the DGES is a servant to DEAREST LEADER of Psychotic Dictatorships.)
Just your typical guy who wants to have fun. Don't take this nation seriously,
ever.
I DO NOT use NS stats!
Keshiland literally wrote:I would give it a no. A country that lies about how free, or how great, or how humanitarian it is can never be developed. Example, NK lies and says they are democratic and are not, the US lies and says we are free yet we incarcerate millions for a medical plant. See we are basically a larger more populated North Korea.

The Gilded Star
Envoy

Founded: Nov 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Gilded Star » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:21 pm

Don't know you, Rein, so I can't put your past in context to judge severe it was, but seeing how many times people post up apologies and revert back to their old selves as soon as they don't get instant forgiveness/reacceptance (like Depackya just helpfully exampled with CCD), I do hope you'll be the exception to the rule. Just stay committed to improving yourself- your apology gets people's attention, and your future actions will affect their opinions. People will want to see that you're motivated by desire to better yourself as a person, and not just to maneuver back into society's good graces.

South Reinkalistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby South Reinkalistan » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:59 pm

Well, thanks for the responses, all of you (apart from Dep's silly post). NationStates has, weirdly, taught me a lot about how not to be a toxic shitbag. I aim to put this into practice. There's not more I can offer you with words than I already have, so I'll just have to do what I can with actions from hereon out.

Best wishes to you all! ^-^
THE PEOPLE ETERNAL

Depackya
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Depackya » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:06 am

South Reinkalistan wrote:Well, thanks for the responses, all of you (apart from Dep's silly post). NationStates has, weirdly, taught me a lot about how not to be a toxic shitbag. I aim to put this into practice. There's not more I can offer you with words than I already have, so I'll just have to do what I can with actions from hereon out.

Silly? I would think not. Forgiveness is quite dead. Time and time again, I have seen people apologize for actions, only to be driven into the ground for acknowledging that they committed them. So the process begins for yourself.

As I said, you would do well do realize this.
Hail the Confederation!
Depackya | Mouth and Will of the Emperor | Confederation of Corrupt Dictators
"Liberty is Overrated."
Yes, this nation uses NS Stats. Yes, my citizens live to 26 24 yrs old.
All posts are OOC unless marked otherwise.

THE Grob
Attaché

Founded: Jan 14, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby THE Grob » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:36 am

Depackya wrote:
South Reinkalistan wrote:Well, thanks for the responses, all of you (apart from Dep's silly post). NationStates has, weirdly, taught me a lot about how not to be a toxic shitbag. I aim to put this into practice. There's not more I can offer you with words than I already have, so I'll just have to do what I can with actions from hereon out.

Silly? I would think not. Forgiveness is quite dead. Time and time again, I have seen people apologize for actions, only to be driven into the ground for acknowledging that they committed them. So the process begins for yourself.

That's nothing but untrue pessimistic talk :/
National-Bolshevist cyberocratic technocratic dictatorial batshit insane society. Also they're aliens. Amazing!

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:04 am

Depackya wrote:

Oh that's such BS

You and other players get past step 1, the apology, but once the backlash hits y'all act out and screw it up for yourselves. I myself made a serious mistake back in early 2015 and sincerely apologized, took the backlash and punishment with dignity and respect, and ended up forgiven. That's all you've gotta do.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

The Order of the Holy Inquisitors
Secretary

Founded: Jan 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Order of the Holy Inquisitors » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:41 am

Depackya wrote:Silly? I would think not. Forgiveness is quite dead. Time and time again, I have seen people apologize for actions, only to be driven into the ground for acknowledging that they committed them. So the process begins for yourself.

Forgiveness is only as dead as the actions taken to follow it up are. Acknowledgement is one thing, actual change is another. I tried to remind you guys this, but to no avail. As for your concerns over Rein, let him do as he wishes. Should his apologies go unaccepted, that is his concern. You have neither right nor reason to advise him, especially given how the advice you and your people have given continually reaped nothing but failures, myself being one of them.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay