NATION

PASSWORD

[SPLIT] Blacklist/Whitelist discussion

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Block II
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Block II » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:33 pm

It’s no lie. Your Jedi mind tricks don’t work on me.

Boda
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Boda » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:16 pm

Block II wrote:It’s no lie. Your Jedi mind tricks don’t work on me.

Ur jedi mind tricks won’t work on him either wdym?
The Order of the Grey Wardens
In War, Victory. In Peace, Vigilance. In Death, Sacrifice.

WayNeacTia
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:01 pm

Cormactopia Prime wrote:Literally how has this thread gone on for eight pages? Do y'all have nothing better to do than engage with blacklisted players looking for attention?

Drama craves attention my friend.
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

Elegarth
Envoy

Founded: Feb 08, 2006
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Elegarth » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:31 pm

Block II wrote:Dead serious. I’ve done nothing to violate the social contract, yet my opponents have blacklisted me without just cause. It’s deplorable.

Right. Block, NO ONE buys your BS man. Give up. Go away.
Elegarth, The Seeker of Power
Royal Duke of The West Pacific
Patio Emperor of The West Pacific
Former Dragon Delegate of The West Pacific

The Delegarth

Block II
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Block II » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:02 pm

Elegarth wrote:
Block II wrote:Dead serious. I’ve done nothing to violate the social contract, yet my opponents have blacklisted me without just cause. It’s deplorable.

Right. Block, NO ONE buys your BS man. Give up. Go away.

You say that to me after I revealed what Feux, AMOM, and Pergamon really thought about you, and helped get them out of the way so you can move up in the NPO? I’m hurt.

WayNeacTia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:43 pm

Block II wrote:
Elegarth wrote:Right. Block, NO ONE buys your BS man. Give up. Go away.

You say that to me after I revealed what Feux, AMOM, and Pergamon really thought about you, and helped get them out of the way so you can move up in the NPO? I’m hurt.

The tales get better by the day.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

Twins of Hearts
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 07, 2004
Ex-Nation

Oopsy

Postby Twins of Hearts » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:20 pm

This is what the blacklisters beget. Conflict without end, uselessness.

This is why NSGP is toxic, there is never any attempt to accommodate one another, just babbling and shitposting.

We deserve better, Nationstates Players deserve better, this Game deserves better.

Concerned about community? I wasnt he first nation here, but I was here a heck of a lot earlier and contributing, both positively and later negatively, then positively once again, before most of you. What were you like in 2004?

The social contract is a bit of a stretch here, in the social experiment of Nationstats. Bet i get it. Just do not pretend that blacklisters, blacklisting unwilling participants is anything but bullying and marginalization of people tyrannized by the majority.

WayNeacTia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:25 pm

Twins of Hearts wrote:Concerned about community? I wasnt he first nation here, but I was here a heck of a lot earlier and contributing, both positively and later negatively, then positively once again, before most of you. What were you like in 2004?

Can we get this man a cookie please?

wait

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:56 pm

Twins of Hearts wrote:This is what the blacklisters beget. Conflict without end, uselessness.

This is why NSGP is toxic, there is never any attempt to accommodate one another, just babbling and shitposting.

We deserve better, Nationstates Players deserve better, this Game deserves better.

Concerned about community? I wasnt he first nation here, but I was here a heck of a lot earlier and contributing, both positively and later negatively, then positively once again, before most of you. What were you like in 2004?

The social contract is a bit of a stretch here, in the social experiment of Nationstats. Bet i get it. Just do not pretend that blacklisters, blacklisting unwilling participants is anything but bullying and marginalization of people tyrannized by the majority.

Maybe you wouldn’t be blacklisted if you didn’t blackmail anyone? Have you thought about that? But no, we must forget about the past. Why do criminals hold a record for the rest of their lives? It’s so people can be aware of what they have done in the past and act accordingly. Why do sex offenders have to inform people when they move? And most of them take their second chances, unlike you. Stop pushing this rhetoric that you are being discriminated. You did something terrible, pay the price. You claim to want to hear from your side as you are the unrepresented but have you bought about those harassed by your ilk? Stop playing the victim and maybe if you stop downplaying your past you can actually get a shred of respect around here
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Block II
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Block II » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:10 pm

He didn’t blackmail anyone.

Boda
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Boda » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:26 pm

Block II wrote:He didn’t blackmail anyone.

Or did he...?

WayNeacTia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:46 pm

And you would know, how?

wait

The Church of Satan
Minister

Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Church of Satan » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:28 am

I have the screenshots. He sure was going to. He had to be talked out of it. So he has earned his status in NationStates.
The Rejected Realms: Former Delegate | Former Vice Delegate | Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History - 824 Days
Free the WA gnomes!

Chanku: This isn't an election it's an assault on the eyes. | Ikania: Hear! The Gospel of... Satan. Erh...
Yuno: Not gonna yell, but CoS is one of the best delegates ever | Ever-Wandering Souls: In the liberal justice system, raiding-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In The South Pacific, the dedicated defenders who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Council on Regional Security. These are their proscriptions. DUN DUN.

Block II
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Block II » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:46 am

Wayneactia wrote:

And you would know, how?

Because I’ve known him for years, unlike you.

The Church of Satan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Church of Satan » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:25 am

We'll be back to your regularly scheduled program after this commercial break, brought to you by Kandarin's Bar & Grill. Kandarin's Bar & Grill, "Oh yeah! That's good BBQ!"
Last edited by The Church of Satan on Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Rejected Realms: Former Delegate | Former Vice Delegate | Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History - 824 Days
Free the WA gnomes!

Chanku: This isn't an election it's an assault on the eyes. | Ikania: Hear! The Gospel of... Satan. Erh...
Yuno: Not gonna yell, but CoS is one of the best delegates ever | Ever-Wandering Souls: In the liberal justice system, raiding-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In The South Pacific, the dedicated defenders who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Council on Regional Security. These are their proscriptions. DUN DUN.

Block II
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Block II » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:30 am

I have nothing but mad respect for you CoS, but he didn’t blackmail anyone, and he wouldn’t Dox anyone. He’s a better man than that.

Klaus Devestatorie
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:31 am

An actual serious contribution instead of old Need For Speed game references;

You all deserve each other. I'm literally never going to intact with Block again, but I hope him and his friends continue to clog up this forum and force themselves in your faces until nobody can be bothered to open the front door anymore. It's an appropriate death for NS Gameplay.

Block II
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Block II » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:14 am

I miss my friend Klaus. If only he could see that I’m better than I used to be four years ago. :)
Last edited by Block II on Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vetelo
Envoy

Founded: Mar 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vetelo » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:06 pm

Honeydewistania wrote:
Twins of Hearts wrote:This is what the blacklisters beget. Conflict without end, uselessness.

Maybe you wouldn’t be blacklisted if you didn’t blackmail anyone? Have you thought about that? But no, we must forget about the past. Why do criminals hold a record for the rest of their lives? It’s so people can be aware of what they have done in the past and act accordingly. Why do sex offenders have to inform people when they move? And most of them take their second chances, unlike you. Stop pushing this rhetoric that you are being discriminated. You did something terrible, pay the price. You claim to want to hear from your side as you are the unrepresented but have you bought about those harassed by your ilk? Stop playing the victim and maybe if you stop downplaying your past you can actually get a shred of respect around here

You are comparing "blacklisted" individuals to sex offenders. That is not a fair comparison, it's downright silly. How do you expect to be taken seriously with statements like those?

Klaus Devestatorie wrote:An actual serious contribution instead of old Need For Speed game references;

You all deserve each other. I'm literally never going to intact with Block again, but I hope him and his friends continue to clog up this forum and force themselves in your faces until nobody can be bothered to open the front door anymore. It's an appropriate death for NS Gameplay.

To clarify, I am not friends with Block, only DC. Block refuses to speak to me, and I now ignore all of his alts. DC has been a positive influence on my life since I met him. Very rarely do I find someone on this site worth having a conversation with. Even more rarely do I find someone worth being friends with. Even now, DC is trying to make a positive impact on the whole community, but you lot are too focused on your little "blacklist". You either cannot accept the truth or are simply too oblivious too care. It's pitiful.
USSD Founder
USSF Fleet Admiral
Coalition of Sovereign Nations Citizen
Travelling Region Member
Former Positions

Attero of Vetelo

The joy, let me burn,
in the kingdom of flesh!

Hello, I'm Attero! That's my preferred name.

AKA Atte, Atty, Pracinha, Mjolltrux, Tombouctu, Vetelo, or just Vet.

Supreme Commissar, Governor, and Fleet Admiral of USSD, General Secretary of LSU,

Third ZSeparatists
Envoy

Founded: Dec 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Third ZSeparatists » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:08 pm

Twins of Hearts wrote:
A Bloodred Moon wrote:That is most certainly true. Early 2019, defending seemed to have collapsed. Holds with 4 endorsements were allowed to go on for 2 weeks before they were liberated. Then several raider officers retired or went inactive, while defending was given an opportunity to catch a break and get things up and running again. Only there were hardly any big raids going on to defend against, so that wasn't ideal either. As of recent, raider officers have started getting active again and some new faces have shown up, while defending is alive again too, to a certain degree. While R/D is decently active again, it certainly isn't as active as it used to be.

I wonder why so many veteran raiders decided to stop raiding? Perhaps that was the point of the blacklist all along? Geld the raiders so the knitting circle does not have their gossip interrupted? Just a theory.

But, you are on the blacklist. And not because of raiding.
The big (not) gay

Boda
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Boda » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:22 pm

Aren’t blacklisted peeps harrasers tho? I doubt letting harassers back in will positively affect the community
Last edited by Boda on Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Church of Satan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Church of Satan » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:54 pm

Vetelo wrote:You are comparing "blacklisted" individuals to sex offenders. That is not a fair comparison, it's downright silly. How do you expect to be taken seriously with statements like those?

It's an extremely accurate comparison actually. Their status in NationStates is so bad as a result of their actions that others need to know the player in question is dangerous to them.

Vetelo wrote:Even more rarely do I find someone worth being friends with. Even now, DC is trying to make a positive impact on the whole community, but you lot are too focused on your little "blacklist". You either cannot accept the truth or are simply too oblivious too care. It's pitiful.

Except if his campaign were successful it would have a very negative impact on the entire community. Letting those players back into our communities, as if they were decent and respectable, would just create more victims, more people for them to prey on.
Free the WA gnomes!

Block II
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Block II » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:11 pm

DC has vouched for you, Attero. So I’m willing to speak to you again after all these years.

Again, I voice my consternation for being on the blacklist as I have no victims from any malicious actions since I have not committed such.

Boda
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Boda » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:22 pm

Block II wrote:DC has vouched for you, Attero. So I’m willing to speak to you again after all these years.

Again, I voice my consternation for being on the blacklist as I have no victims from any malicious actions since I have not committed such.

Or did you?

Kaystein
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaystein » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:32 pm

There really should be some kind of list or diagram drawn up where it lists common offenses agreed by a majority of people, which would warrant somebody being put on this "blacklist." One-time comments and errant actions limited to the game don't warrant "blacklisting" as much as things like predatory behavior or hacking, in my opinion.
Last edited by Kaystein on Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay