NATION

PASSWORD

Embassy of The East Pacific: March Issue is Out Now!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:58 am

which is partly run by prominent Osiran Wym

I thought Wym resigned from NSToday.
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Yokiria
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Yokiria » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:25 am

Honeydewistania wrote:
which is partly run by prominent Osiran Wym

I thought Wym resigned from NSToday.

Maybe from one position, but he's still listed as part of their staff, and he's undeniably a huge contributor to its success.

Wym's position in NSToday isn't even close to being the point of that long-ass post of mine, though.
Last edited by Yokiria on Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
~ And if you go,
Former Guardian of Osiris

I want to go with you,
and if you die...
This nation's views do not necessarily reflect the views of the player.

I want to die with you.~

Gorundu
Envoy

Founded: May 02, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Gorundu » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:55 am

Yokiria wrote:The Power20 is an annual power ranking published in NSToday, which is partly run by prominent Osiran Wym.

Good to see an Osiran finally admit that NSToday is important to Osiris and that a prominent Osiran is very influential in NSToday, rather than "just the FA guy" (I presume if Wym's connections to NSToday aren't important to Osiris, it wouldn't have been listed in your list of Osiris grievances).

Anyway I'm not qualified to comment on most of your rant, but:
Yokiria wrote:Kingdom of Great Britain used to be a definite nightmare to deal with and may still be one.

Maybe don't base your judgments off what a region used to be and instead base it on what they are now? I haven't seen anything wrong with KoGB since they got rid of the problematic people, and everyone seems to be happy to work with them when an opportunity arises (and I'll note that your ally Thalassia, which is also home to some prominent Osirans, have an embassy with them).
Last edited by Gorundu on Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Former Delegate of The North Pacific

Badge hunter (x3)
Former lurker of WA forums
Author of GA#485, GA#516, SC#337 and the other one we don't talk about
Posts do not represent my region's views unless stated otherwise.

Honeydewistania
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:01 am

Gorundu wrote:
Yokiria wrote:The Power20 is an annual power ranking published in NSToday, which is partly run by prominent Osiran Wym.

Good to see an Osiran finally admit that NSToday is important to Osiris (I presume if Wym's connections to NSToday aren't important to Osiris, it wouldn't have been listed in your list of Osiris grievances).

Anyway I'm not qualified to comment on most of your rant, but:
Yokiria wrote:Kingdom of Great Britain used to be a definite nightmare to deal with and may still be one.

Maybe don't base your judgments off what a region used to be and instead base it on what they are now? I haven't seen anything wrong with KoGB since they got rid of the problematic people, and everyone seems to be happy to work with them when an opportunity arises (and I'll note that your ally Thalassia, which is also home to some prominent Osirans, have an embassy with them).

I agree, KoGB have gotten rid of pretty much every problematic toxic person. I don’t buy into the whitelist shit, but if KoGB has reformed, why isolate them?
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

La Xinga
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:02 am

Construction of embassies with Word Festival has commenced. Completion expected in 3 hours.
Construction of embassies with Lipton has commenced. Completion expected in 2 days 3 hours.
Construction of embassies with Caer Sidi has commenced. Completion expected in 3 days 3 hours.

Not a gov official, just noting the news.
Food Discussion Thread (II)
I use NS stats if I like them.

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"[L]aw, without equity, though hard and disagreeable, is much more desirable for the public good, than equity without law;
which would make every judge a legislator, and introduce most infinite confusion.
"

Wymondham
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 03, 2017
Libertarian Police State

Postby Wymondham » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:48 am

Gorundu wrote:

Good to see an Osiran finally admit that NSToday is important to Osiris and that a prominent Osiran is very influential in NSToday, rather than "just the FA guy" (I presume if Wym's connections to NSToday aren't important to Osiris, it wouldn't have been listed in your list of Osiris grievances)..

So, Syl doesn't represent the Osiran government in any way shape or form. I have no idea why Syl put that in the list as when I was at NST we didn't even note that the Karen 20 thing existed, much less talk about it internally, and even less so talk to any of our partner regions about it. Even if we had talked to anyone about it, NST has literally 0 relations with Osiris.
I don't work for NST as a board member anymore and I am resigning my staff membership as soon as my governorship is up. As for my apparent "influence" in NST - that ceased the moment I stopped being PR Director and Deputy Chairperson as literally anyone on the board or who is a governor can attest. Even when I was working for NST, the most contact we had with Osiris this year was like, once, in February this year. NST and Osiris do not really mix at all lol, the only link there was myself, which no longer exists, and linking Osiris and NST just cos I worked as the FA guy there is like saying TSP now cares deeply about NST cos Somy is a board member.
Tldr; no idea why Syl mentioned NST in their post, as NST and Osiris have 0 contact, and also, Syl doesn't represent the Osiran government.
Last edited by Wymondham on Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doer of the things and the stuffs.
That British dude who does the charity fundraiser.

Arkadia Universalis
Secretary

Founded: Oct 16, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Arkadia Universalis » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:35 am

Gorundu wrote:

Good to see an Osiran finally admit that NSToday is important to Osiris and that a prominent Osiran is very influential in NSToday, rather than "just the FA guy" (I presume if Wym's connections to NSToday aren't important to Osiris, it wouldn't have been listed in your list of Osiris grievances).

If that’s what you got from this, then you’re not particularly qualified to speak on any of that rant. But let’s break it down, shall we?

First of all, NSToday isn’t important to Osiris. That’s not at all what was “admitted” to here. The fact that Wym, an Osiran, was prominent in NSToday is simply public knowledge, not some kind of “gotcha!” moment. However, your reasoning for addressing it is very flawed.

The point that was being made in the sentence you quoted was this: TEP chose to be disrespectful and rude to an Osiran who brought up LEGITIMATE complaints on behalf of Osiris. Power20 is a thing that Wym is well known for and put a ton of work into organizing while he was in charge of it, which was every time it was published up until now. Power20 was a project that became associated with Wym as a player because he was the NST official consistently organizing and working on it. Power20 being Wym’s project is what prompted Karen20. It was an effort on the part of TEP to mock Osiris by mocking an Osiran diplomat.

“We want to make fun of Osiris, Wym is an Osiran diplomat, therefore we will make fun of Wym.” It’s really that simple.

I’ll say it again: NSToday is not important to Osiris. Wym is important to Osiris. Power20 was important to Wym. That is why TEP behaved the way it did. That Wym cares - or cared - about NSToday does not mean that Osiris cares about it. Osiris’ grievance lies in the fact that TEP flippantly disrespected one of our own diplomats specifically because that diplomat vocalized the region’s concerns about a treatied ally inviting a traitor into the upper echelons of their government. On the off chance that your commentary was not made entirely in bad faith, I hope that this reply has been helpful in illustrating how silly it was.
“In the name of the Hather, the Son, and the Bowler Spirit, I bless thee.” - Pope Hatrick I

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:55 am

Yokiria wrote: -snip-

holy FUCK that's bad. I mean I'm a walking FA catastrophe some weeks, and even I know that that's not how you treat an ally's diplomat. That's some galaxy brain levels of knobheaded noncery. It's borderline hard to read as anything other than an intentional move to kamikaze the treaty.

Edit: the validity of the concern is utterly irrelevant to this degree of behavior (or: this is not how one diplomatically even says "fuck no"), but the fact that the concern was about KGB only makes it even more nuts.
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Libertanny
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 01, 2018
Corporate Bordello

Postby Libertanny » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:18 am

Yokiria wrote:-snip-

Good day Yokiria,

Thank you for coming and bringing your concerns here. Nice to see you again. And thank you for informing us about official repeal of the treaty, however, I feel obligated to ask you for evidence regarding this, so we don't end up with Schrodinger's Treaty between Osiris and The East Pacific again, where Osiris, depending on its needs, either claims that the treaty is repeal or not repealed.

The first sign that things weren't going to work out was that not long after the treaty was signed, in February, Osiris found that TEP had not only allowed an enemy of Osiris into their region, but quickly gave them positions inside of TEP's military and community, including a role in their offsite moderation team.

Firstly, let me correct your loud ignorance here. You keep claiming, that AMOM was let in after the treaty was ratified. That's a blatant and manipulative lie. Let me get you an actual fact - AMOM applied for citizenship in The East Pacific on 3rd of November 2019 ( https://forum.theeastpacific.com/viewto ... 16#p218316 ). It is more than a natural situation, that a player actively contributing to our region would get promoted / elected for some positions. Additionally, pardon your ignorance once again, but our Moderation Team is independent from the Government or any In-Character laws. Government has no say about OOC and Moderation has no say about IC (unless they also hold IC offices). In even more addition, AMOM became OOC Moderator in November 2019 (on 11th of November to be exact). So when Osiris was ratifying the treaty, you were aware that AMOM is in The East Pacific and that he is OOC Moderator. And just for clearance with dates, Treaty of Tranquility was ratified on February 3rd 2020 ( https://forum.theeastpacific.com/treaty ... ml#p222336 ), which makes it happen four months after AMOM was let in and became OOC Moderator. So you were aware.

Once Serge (more popularly known as Libertanny) became Delegate, relations nosedived. A whistleblower inside TEP warned of a supposed "Consortium" that partly involved two regions that made Osiris tear its metaphorical hair out; Kingdom of Great Britain, and Thaecia.

It is interesting. One day The West Pacific comes to us, saying they know about willing to repeal the treaty. The only way they might've received this was through a TEPer committing treason espionage or *someone* spying on us. Now, you mention a "whistleblower inside TEP" mentioning Consortium. We know who is that whistleblower. We know about the talk they had with former Pharaoh of Osiris - Altino. We know that this happened before we reached to our allies officially.

Thaecia

The same Thaecia, that former Pharaoh of Osiris, Altino sent this Telegram to?

The same Thaecia, that Wym and Altino keep attacking, using "OOC" for the sake of IC propaganda and hostility?

The same Thaecia, that was attacked by Altino, Wym & Co in NSL server?

If anyone, that is Thaecia that should be mad at The East Pacific for being in official diplomatic relations with Osiris.

Jury's out on Thaecia being a nightmare now, but in the future they definitely will be one. These are not allies you want your ally making. So, private diplomacy prepared to swoop in and save the day again.

As predicted. Direct attacks on The East Pacific, The Consortium and member-regions of Consortium did not work, so you decided to "advice" our allies. You first mentioned TSP and TRR probably being interested in repealing treaty with The East Pacific. After Minister of Foreign Affairs of TSP denied that, you appeared in TRR's thread. I am deeply sad to inform you, but that's not gonna work. We talked with our allies, that Osiris might be trying dirty games to undermine our relations with them [allies]. Everyone's is already aware of that and you are just proving my point. We know your steps before you make them.

It didn't. In private, under Serge, TEP had become flippant and disrespectful. Once our diplomat complained, they were masked as a "Karen", and a mock version of the Power20 called the Karen20 was held in the TEP Diplomatic server.

I love it, when you are trying to manipulate the crowd, but I have evidence stating, that you are blatantly lying. We should be debating more often.

Fristly, Karen20 happened on 2nd of August 2020

Secondly, Wym never approached me about anything between 8th of July and 5th of August. Since I do not share DMs or confidential channels (#e-osiris in TEP FA), I will wait for Wymondham's approval to share logs from DMs as evidence to this statement. Because there is nothing to hide, he should agree, right?

Thirdly, both former Paharaoh of Osiris Altino and Wym reacted (aka voted) in Karen20, here you go (channel is locked in a case they'd be interested in removing their reactions):

The Power20 is an annual power ranking published in NSToday, which is partly run by prominent Osiran Wym.

As far as I am concerned, NS Today is none of Osiris' business and should not be brought here as an argument to defend Osiris and Wym.

Another shot across the bow. Former Pharaoh Altino also attempted to intervene, but was childishly mocked by present Thaecians.

Let's be classical here - "screenshot or never happened".

Besides, how did Altino intervene? She actually did not intervene. She instead participated in Karen20 and we have her consent to participate in the #fedele-did-nothing-wrong channel, as well as in #bot-logs, in a case anyone would like to see the logs.

Private diplomacy had failed, and TEP had achieved an impressive trifecta of pissing off Osiris' citizens, current officials, and former officials.

Once again, screenshot or never happened. I permit showing DMs with me for the purpose of defending this argument. I am not aware of any "private diplomacy" that "had failed" between The East Pacific and Osiris. So please, do share your evidence.

My posts? They're about a real issue; TEP's foreign policy,

What's wrong with it? I am not aware of any problems and nor are our allies. We are currently running a survey and except for Osiran officials, we got very high ratings from all of our allies, embassies and consulates. So once again, I encourage you to bring evidence or remain forever silent.
Confederacy of Independent Systems was morally better, than the Galactic Republic.

Varanius
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 18, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Varanius » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:44 am

Libertanny wrote:The same Thaecia, that Wym and Altino keep attacking, using "OOC" for the sake of IC propaganda and hostility?

You know, if they don’t like being criticized for doing OOC shitty things, they could try not doing OOC shitty things next time

Libertanny wrote: What's wrong with it? I am not aware of any problems and nor are our allies. We are currently running a survey and except for Osiran officials, we got very high ratings from all of our allies, embassies and consulates. So once again, I encourage you to bring evidence or remain forever silent.

Reading comprehension is a gift
Minister of Foreign Affairs and Guardian of the West Pacific
Author of SC#401
Gameplays Most Popular

Angeloid Astraea wrote:I can't think of anyone that creates controversy out of nothing better than you!
Excidium Planetis wrote:Yeah, if you could enlighten me as to why you're such an asshole, that would be great.
Koth wrote:Vara is such a dedicated hater, it's impressive
Mlakhavia wrote:Vara isn't a gameplay personality, he's a concentrated ball of spite

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:47 am

Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Big Bad Badger
Envoy

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Big Bad Badger » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:06 pm

LOL TEP.
Mr. Badger

I've been told that raiding requires booze and a lack of pants! --Neenee

Great Algerstonia
Minister

Founded: Mar 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Algerstonia » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:56 pm

Yokiria wrote:...including a role in their offsite moderation team...

What relevance does this have? Moderation is entirely out-of-character, and shouldn't play any sort of role within in-character interactions between regions. Not sure why Osiris would get frustrated with this as Moderation is separate from the East Pacific government. If Osiris wants to get frustrated by TEP appointing AMOM inside the government-- which I think is unfair-- then by all means go ahead, but I think this is baseless as AMOM isn't a problematic moderator.
Anti: Russia
Pro: Prussia
Resilient Acceleration wrote:After a period of letting this discussion run its course without my involvement due to sheer laziness and a new related NS project, I have returned with an answer and that answer is Israel.

Comfed
Minister

Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Comfed » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:49 pm

I just want to note that Thaecia and Enadia are known for mass-recruitment from feeders. >:(

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:52 pm

Comfed wrote:I just want to note that Thaecia and Enadia are known for mass-recruitment from feeders. >:(

XKI is too. A lot of regions do, and that's no reason to call them ebil.

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"[L]aw, without equity, though hard and disagreeable, is much more desirable for the public good, than equity without law;
which would make every judge a legislator, and introduce most infinite confusion.
"

Gorundu
Envoy

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Gorundu » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:02 pm

La xinga wrote:
Comfed wrote:I just want to note that Thaecia and Enadia are known for mass-recruitment from feeders. >:(

XKI is too. A lot of regions do, and that's no reason to call them ebil.

Don't talk about things you don't understand. Sending telegrams to newly founded nations is different to sending telegrams to every nation in a feeder or every WA nation in the game.

Badge hunter (x3)

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:03 pm

Gorundu wrote:
La xinga wrote:XKI is too. A lot of regions do, and that's no reason to call them ebil.

Don't talk about things you don't understand. Sending telegrams to newly founded nations is different to sending telegrams to every nation in a feeder or every WA nation in the game.

That's what we're talking about. :roll:

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"

Varanius
Diplomat

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Varanius » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:06 pm

Gorundu wrote:Don't talk about things you don't understand.

You wouldn’t know anything about that
Author of SC#401
Gameplays Most Popular

Angeloid Astraea wrote:I can't think of anyone that creates controversy out of nothing better than you!
Excidium Planetis wrote:Yeah, if you could enlighten me as to why you're such an asshole, that would be great.
Mlakhavia wrote:Vara isn't a gameplay personality, he's a concentrated ball of spite

Comfed
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Comfed » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:15 pm

We feeders don’t like it when people mass telegram valuable community members.

Feeders are not talent farms. We are regions.

Also, may I point out that the Consortium was originally Marrabuk’s idea?
Varanius wrote:
Gorundu wrote:Don't talk about things you don't understand.

You wouldn’t know anything about that

A longtime TNPer, not knowing what he’s talking about on feeder recruitment?
Last edited by Comfed on Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gorundu
Envoy

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Gorundu » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:25 pm

La xinga wrote:
Gorundu wrote:Don't talk about things you don't understand. Sending telegrams to newly founded nations is different to sending telegrams to every nation in a feeder or every WA nation in the game.

That's what we're talking about. :roll:

XKI mass recruited from feeders when? And what are the other regions?

Badge hunter (x3)

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:28 pm

Gorundu wrote:
La xinga wrote:That's what we're talking about. :roll:

XKI mass recruited from feeders when? And what are the other regions?

If Enadia and Thaecia sent mass R tgs to feeders en masse, I would have received them.

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"

Comfed
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Comfed » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:30 pm

La xinga wrote:
Gorundu wrote:XKI mass recruited from feeders when? And what are the other regions?

If Enadia and Thaecia sent mass R tgs to feeders en masse, I would have received them.

Not necessarily all feeders. TNP is hit hardest because we’re the biggest.

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:30 pm

Comfed wrote:
La xinga wrote:If Enadia and Thaecia sent mass R tgs to feeders en masse, I would have received them.

Not necessarily all feeders. TNP is hit hardest because we’re the biggest.

So it's a TNP issue, not a TEP one.

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"

Varanius
Diplomat

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Varanius » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:34 pm

Comfed wrote:We feeders don’t like it when people mass telegram valuable community members.

Feeders are not talent farms. We are regions.

Also, may I point out that the Consortium was originally Marrabuk’s idea?
Varanius wrote:You wouldn’t know anything about that

A longtime TNPer, not knowing what he’s talking about on feeder recruitment?

That was a sarcastic remark regarding his statement about not talking about things you don’t understand not the specific issue of feeder recruitment. Again, reading comprehension is a gift
Last edited by Varanius on Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Author of SC#401
Gameplays Most Popular

Honeydewistania
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:15 pm

All the people in this thread thinking their snippiness and snark is funny

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay