NATION

PASSWORD

Embassy of The East Pacific: March Issue is Out Now!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Xoriet
Minister

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Xoriet » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:05 pm

Unibot III wrote:
Yokiria wrote:-

My suggestion is this unlikely to be constructive conversation, TEP is probably going to be encouraged by it to double-down on their re-integration of AMOM and the rehabilitation of TEP-NPO relations. [Also: every time someone posts anything negative about the NPO, the NPO brings out a crew of disrupters (Hi DYP!) to sling poop and tell us how they're actually roleplayers and cookie bakers. There should be a more sophisticated effort to counter NPO's propaganda.]

However, the GCRs that have the longest track-record of opposing NPO (i.e., TNP & TRR) and the GCRs with the longest history of being invaded/antagonized/subjugated by NPO (i.e., Lazarus, Osiris, and TNP) might make for the foundation of a containment policy agenda. TRR, TNP, and Osiris are the three most reliable diplomatic partners in the GCRs.

NPO is reaching out to every GCR it can reach out to, and if you're actually going to advance a containment policy to stop the dominoes from falling, you'll need to speak to public officials in the containment field, hold conferences if possible, and plan out some kind of public face for an initiative to put the brakes on the NPO's reaccession to diplomatic stronghold and its revival of influence in TWP, TEP, and TSP (The old "MPA" / "Superfriends" network); it's clear they're prioritizing their old allies (TWP, TEP, and TSP) and a containment strategy should be focused on trying to prevent them from being pulled into some sort of NPO Diaspora, especially since TEP/TWP are longtime Osiris allies and TSP is TRR's closest ally.

How did a conversation about TEP and Thaecia end up another diatribe against NPO? <_<

Last edited by Xoriet on Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Senator of Diplomatic Affairs of the New Pacific Order

This flame we carry into battle
A fading memory
This light will conquer the darkness
Shining bright for all to see

Great Algerstonia
Minister

Founded: Mar 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Algerstonia » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:33 pm

Unibot III wrote:

My suggestion is this unlikely to be constructive conversation, TEP is probably going to be encouraged by it to double-down on their re-integration of AMOM and the rehabilitation of TEP-NPO relations. [Also: every time someone posts anything negative about the NPO, the NPO brings out a crew of disrupters (Hi DYP!) to sling poop and tell us how they're actually roleplayers and cookie bakers. There should be a more sophisticated effort to counter NPO's propaganda.]

However, the GCRs that have the longest track-record of opposing NPO (i.e., TNP & TRR) and the GCRs with the longest history of being invaded/antagonized/subjugated by NPO (i.e., Lazarus, Osiris, and TNP) might make for the foundation of a containment policy agenda. TRR, TNP, and Osiris are the three most reliable diplomatic partners in the GCRs.

NPO is reaching out to every GCR it can reach out to, and if you're actually going to advance a containment policy to stop the dominoes from falling, you'll need to speak to public officials in the containment field, hold conferences if possible, and plan out some kind of public face for an initiative to put the brakes on the NPO's reaccession to diplomatic stronghold and its revival of influence in TWP, TEP, and TSP (The old "MPA" / "Superfriends" network); it's clear they're prioritizing their old allies (TWP, TEP, and TSP) and a containment strategy should be focused on trying to prevent them from being pulled into some sort of NPO Diaspora, especially since TEP/TWP are longtime Osiris allies and TSP is TRR's closest ally.

Cool, but what are you talking about?
Last edited by Great Algerstonia on Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anti: Russia
Pro: Prussia
Resilient Acceleration wrote:After a period of letting this discussion run its course without my involvement due to sheer laziness and a new related NS project, I have returned with an answer and that answer is Israel.

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:40 pm

Queen Yuno wrote:
A mean old man wrote:
This sort of stale, self-serving, “holier-than-thou” position on any kind of conflict has never once in the course of recorded history been helpful. My “side” is doing just fine, thank you, and carrying itself extremely professionally given the sheer hysteria that it’s up against. This plug for how mature you are relative to everyone with a bone to pick doesn’t detract from that.

Hello there.

Firstly, I'm sorry you were offended over this and have to read my post in the most negative and cynical way possible, but it's nothing personal.

It's not "holier than thou" to occasionally remind people that this is just a game (a Roleplay even, as GlenRhodes preached in a different thread.) There's no need to create personal attacks, or to forget that there are real people behind the screen.

You may think of my takes as self-serving, but it's really just out of genuine intent to remind everyone to cool it, and become considerate that we're all humans, take a breather, and think logically.

Yes, even toward the opposite sides of a Gameplay conflict.

You can call me self-serving for expressing my opinions about the entire situation (which I have the full right to- I don't even need to choose sides- this is a public forum,) and you may ignore what I just said, which is regrettable. However, I am sure that my words will get through to enough people, to learn, and self-improve, and change the way they conduct business with regions and nations.

So yeah, I hope that clears up the intent behind my feedback, it's nothing personal or malicious. A person can post simply out of concern for how people are treating each other.

So please don't just accuse me of trying to show off how mature I am, just respond to my points ethically. I'm really just wanting people to treat each other kinder in Gameplay and in general. Thank you..

Queen Yuno wrote:
Comfed wrote:Why was Queen Yuno banned from TEP?

Because they're stupid lol

This here is the pinnacle of consideration and kindness.

I’ll respond to your “points” with all of my typical austerity. You knew what you stepped into here. It’s as much your right to post something obnoxious as it is mine to call you out on it. It’s hard not to read someone calling you “petty” without “cynicism and negativity”. If you were really here to mediate rather than to promote yourself you’d have chosen better diction.

We have the mods to tell everyone to cool it if this conversation is actually getting out of hand. Meanwhile I’ll defend myself, my principles, and my region - if you think that amounts to pettiness then feel free to pipe up, but be ready for a reaction that isn’t all warm and fuzzy.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

Varanius
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 18, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Varanius » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:42 pm

Great Algerstonia wrote:
Unibot III wrote:

Cool, but what are you talking about?

He’s Unibot, everything is a secret NPO conspiracy to him
Minister of Foreign Affairs and Guardian of the West Pacific
Author of SC#401
Gameplays Most Popular

Angeloid Astraea wrote:I can't think of anyone that creates controversy out of nothing better than you!
Excidium Planetis wrote:Yeah, if you could enlighten me as to why you're such an asshole, that would be great.
Koth wrote:Vara is such a dedicated hater, it's impressive
Mlakhavia wrote:Vara isn't a gameplay personality, he's a concentrated ball of spite

Queen Yuno
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Queen Yuno » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:53 pm

A mean old man wrote:
Queen Yuno wrote:
Because they're stupid lol

This here is the pinnacle of consideration and kindness.

Whoa there, no need to bring up me saying TEP was stupid. It's a one-liner reaction in another thread, referring to an entirely different scenario, that had nothing to do with you, nor this thread. In fact, I wasn't even talking about the residents/citizens of TEP within that comment, because the residents had nothing to do with it.

However, yes, I am not perfect either. I too need to make improvements on my conduct, and not let my emotions dictate me, but I admit that I'm trying and actively learning. Now, back onto the point:

I'll respond to your other points in just a moment.
Stop giving misogynistic abusers a platform. Anyone who sides with Tiktok Star Andrew Tate even 1% of what he says will be treated as enemy who should be shamed out of society. Impressions+Views+Videowatches=$. Nothing he says is new or revolutionary. I don't care if he said "some good stuff", it's still bad because: the more you watch him, the more ad revenue MONEY and algorithm BOOSTS you're giving him to traffick victims. And don't say the victim lied, a young man stupidly told me that the victim confessed to lying, I told em to link me proof, articles or the Audio of her confession, he googled and found 0 proof 0 articles, and he realized he was spreading fake rumors he heard and BELIEVED without fact-check. Don't brand victims as liars without GOOGLING. Debated here

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:14 pm

It has plenty to do with this thread, the conversation you and I are having in it, and your position of supposed neutrality towards any arguments involving TEP. You should consider your own biases or subconscious impulses before telling anyone else to consider theirs. Maybe you see one of the “sides” as being “petty” for some very subjective, personal reasons. Maybe you’re wrong.

Yokiria
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Yokiria » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:40 pm

I suppose it's more convenient to overreact to a harmless Yuno comment than to try to address my last post.
Last edited by Yokiria on Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~ And if you go,
Former Guardian of Osiris

I want to go with you,
and if you die...
This nation's views do not necessarily reflect the views of the player.

I want to die with you.~

Queen Yuno
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Queen Yuno » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:49 pm

A mean old man wrote:
I’ll respond to your “points” with all of my typical austerity. You knew what you stepped into here. It’s as much your right to post something obnoxious as it is mine to call you out on it. It’s hard not to read someone calling you “petty” without “cynicism and negativity”. If you were really here to mediate rather than to promote yourself you’d have chosen better diction.

That's fine. I could have chosen better diction. I honestly wasn't trying to call you out on it; I would have stated the exact same things even if it wasn't you posting these comments.

----

However, even though I was not the target behind this shade, I found this post really uncomfortable:

A mean old man wrote:My vague memory of you briefly "socializing" with TEP circa 2014 involved you pitching a wild fit over something and ragequitting the Skype group.

There was no need to embarrass another player over a 2014 "wild fit" that may or may not have happened on SKYPE. If a person claims that they have forged old friendships with TEPers, then just accept it, no need to bring up something personal/irrelevant or embarrassing off-platform.

That's the kind of uncomfortable stuff that I feel obligated to call out, if I come across it, on public commentary platforms, no matter who it comes from. I come on the Forums to read about Politics, not personal pettiness.

(Apologies for quoting one of your posts as an example, but you just did the same to me with one of my posts from another thread, so I'll only quote you as an example once. Since I don't want to get too deep into it, my point is already very clear as it is.)

Honestly, you should take this feedback to self-improve, not get offended by it. Just review your posts, to see how they might come off as petty, even if it was not your intent to.

You are a face and role-model of your region and community, so it's very important to take on good traits, morals, and conduct. Continue to be stern and keep your austerity, yes, but don't stoop too low.

I'll admit, I'm a little intimidated sharing my feedback, as my intent was never to argue with you, (but I have to defend my own honor, too, and to ensure that my posts don't get twisted out-of-context.) However, I'm not going to hold back from expressing my reactions to other player's posts, out of fear; posting MY takes is my right on a public NS forum. You know like in Newspaper Sites, there are always Comments on the news.

But tl;dr, I wish to see more political arguments like GhenRhodes vs Onderkelkia, not personal ad hominen arguments, or harsh writing. Don't hate me for it, I say this to EVERYONE, I'vebeen saying this stance in another thread long before posting here.

It has plenty to do with this thread, the conversation you and I are having in it, and your position of supposed neutrality towards any arguments involving TEP. You should consider your own biases or subconscious impulses before telling anyone else to consider theirs. Maybe you see one of the “sides” as being “petty” for some very subjective, personal reasons. Maybe you’re wrong.

Yes maybe I am biased, I don't deny it. However, if any other people did the exact same things, I would be out here posting the exact same things (TEP or not.)
Because my strongs feelings about "Gameplayers Respecting Gameplayers" overrule my biases about regions, positive or negative. I feel much more strongly about mutual respect. I've complimented you multiple times in the past even though I am not a fan of TEP, and you know that. Don't misunderstand me. I do respect you, and don't hate me over this. Thanks and good luck with your day.
Last edited by Queen Yuno on Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stop giving misogynistic abusers a platform. Anyone who sides with Tiktok Star Andrew Tate even 1% of what he says will be treated as enemy who should be shamed out of society. Impressions+Views+Videowatches=$. Nothing he says is new or revolutionary. I don't care if he said "some good stuff", it's still bad because: the more you watch him, the more ad revenue MONEY and algorithm BOOSTS you're giving him to traffick victims. And don't say the victim lied, a young man stupidly told me that the victim confessed to lying, I told em to link me proof, articles or the Audio of her confession, he googled and found 0 proof 0 articles, and he realized he was spreading fake rumors he heard and BELIEVED without fact-check. Don't brand victims as liars without GOOGLING. Debated here

Libertanny
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 01, 2018
Corporate Bordello

Postby Libertanny » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:46 pm

Unibot III wrote:

In essence,

Yokiria is TEP's plant, who was sent here to make a fuss about Thaecia, Osiris and The East Pacific, so that NPO, TSP and TEP can dominate NS, yeah.

I mean. It's quite unrealistic, but if it wasn't the case - I'm full in favor of that. Would seem interesting.
Last edited by Libertanny on Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Confederacy of Independent Systems was morally better, than the Galactic Republic.

Qvait
Envoy

Founded: Mar 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Qvait » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:08 pm

Ah yes, TSP is in cahoots with NPO, and the only people who can save us are TNP, TRR, and Osiris, an independent, a defender, and a raider. Seems legit.

Please save us! TSP's defenders are all tied up in the basement.
Last edited by Qvait on Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Em

she/her/hers

Who I am

Jar Wattinree
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 14, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Jar Wattinree » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:26 pm

Qvait wrote:Ah yes, TSP is in cahoots with NPO, and the only people who can save us are TNP, TRR, and Osiris, an independent, a defender, and a raider. Seems legit.

Shh, don't tell them the secret.
By the Holy Flaming Hammer of Unholy Cosmic Frost
I will voyage 'cross the Multiverse to fight for what was lost!
From this realm of nuclear chaos, to a world beyond the stars
I will quest forever onwards, so far;
I will wield the Holy Hammer of Flame!
Unholy cosmic frost!

Ecce Princeps Dundonensis Imperator Ascendit In Astra Eterna!

The Notorious Mad Jack
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 05, 2018
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby The Notorious Mad Jack » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:33 pm

I may not be part of TNP's government or foreign affairs ministry currently but I don't think it would be inaccurate if I were to say don't expect TNP to engage in 'containment' of NPO any time soon.
Totally not MadJack, though I hear he's incredibly smart and handsome.

Eastern Alksearia
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Eastern Alksearia » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:16 pm

Yokiria wrote:

...Now I see TEP being manipulated, and they're my favorite feeder, so you're damn right I'm all over this thread. The destruction of the TWP treaty, the treatment of Osiris, the new allies, AMOM's newfound activity... It all stinks. The trilateral treaty between TEP, TSP, and TRR is going to go up in smoke next. Just watch.

The destruction of the TWP Treaty? You mean the one that the Magisterium wanted to amend after initially wanting a repeal? And then TWP repealed and pulled out? The same treaty that TWP had a leak about from inside the Government? I just find it funny that we didn't want to destroy the treaty as you call it, but TWP can destroy the treaty from a leak that they then tried to back peddle from. Now, I haven't been in the government very long, so I don't know a lot, however, it feels shallow to just call it a destruction. After all, TEP wanted to keep relations.

Also, AMOM's newfound activity. So what? He's become active and he's been a good Provost, overseeing one of the largest Magisteriums, and helping out newer players join the government. I wouldn't have become active in government if he didn't annoy me about being in the government often. And if you have reservations about AMOM couping, please put those to sleep. AMOM isn't going to coup TEP, because quite frankly, if he wanted to coup TEP, he would've done so already.

Now, comes the more interesting parts of this specific sentence. "TEP is getting manipulated" by who? and about what? Do you have evidence or is this personal bias? I don't see manipulation happening. Libertanny got elected in a competitive election, there's a huge influx of people into TEP's government, like Acronis said, and our RP community is doing great, also as Acronis said. Where is the manipulation?

I do also have to bring up what you think is going to be the reason why the TSP/TRR/TEP treaty is going to go up in flames. Are you saying that two of our allies are going to just out of no where abandon us without trying to work with us? I have faith that is TSP or TRR have an issue, that the would actually come to us first and try and work things out. We have a capable FA staff and diplomats. I'm sure we would find a way to talk to them about.

And finally, your statement of it stinks. Why? What's wrong? This isn't a one way street pal. I find it stinky that you post here on this thread and don't actually give us any evidence as to what you are talking about. I also find it stinky that you can't even talk about our allies properly.
Former Delegate of The East Pacific, Citizen of Thaecia

Varanius
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 18, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Varanius » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:29 pm

Eastern Alksearia wrote:
Yokiria wrote:

...Now I see TEP being manipulated, and they're my favorite feeder, so you're damn right I'm all over this thread. The destruction of the TWP treaty, the treatment of Osiris, the new allies, AMOM's newfound activity... It all stinks. The trilateral treaty between TEP, TSP, and TRR is going to go up in smoke next. Just watch.

The destruction of the TWP Treaty? You mean the one that the Magisterium wanted to amend after initially wanting a repeal? And then TWP repealed and pulled out? The same treaty that TWP had a leak about from inside the Government? I just find it funny that we didn't want to destroy the treaty as you call it, but TWP can destroy the treaty from a leak that they then tried to back peddle from. Now, I haven't been in the government very long, so I don't know a lot, however, it feels shallow to just call it a destruction. After all, TEP wanted to keep relations.

You very well know that that’s not why that treaty went up in flames. At least I would hope you would before deciding to comment. As I don’t feel like simply reiterating TWP’s statement to someone who quite obviously didn’t read it, you can find it on this page: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=475383&start=100
Minister of Foreign Affairs and Guardian of the West Pacific
Author of SC#401
Gameplays Most Popular

Angeloid Astraea wrote:I can't think of anyone that creates controversy out of nothing better than you!
Excidium Planetis wrote:Yeah, if you could enlighten me as to why you're such an asshole, that would be great.
Koth wrote:Vara is such a dedicated hater, it's impressive
Mlakhavia wrote:Vara isn't a gameplay personality, he's a concentrated ball of spite

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:31 pm

Queen Yuno wrote:There was no need to embarrass another player over a 2014 "wild fit" that may or may not have happened on SKYPE. If a person claims that they have forged old friendships with TEPers, then just accept it, no need to bring up something personal/irrelevant or embarrassing off-platform.

No. I won't "just accept" that. I'm also not the one who dragged events from 2014 (bold, for the effect™) into the picture. When Syl suddenly brings "I love TEP" because of "x and y from 2014" into her shapeshifting narrative against TEP I'm going to call it out for the crap that it is. I was there. I remember Syl's brief, uncomfortable, and clearly politically-interested stint in TEP. And how Syl can come back to me six years later and say "I love TEP" and use that as an explanation and as justification for everything in this thread "is beyond me". It's not, actually. It's not beyond me. Because I can see what's going on. And it doesn't surprise me that Syl would try to use something so ridiculous in this argument. It's all too obvious. And it's silly. And it's backfiring, and maybe everyone involved in running this crummy little bad noise campaign in our embassy thread should take a breather and go back to the drawing board before they dig a hole that they can't get out of.

Qvait
Envoy

Founded: Mar 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Qvait » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:50 pm

I can assure everyone that TSP has no intention of pulling out of the January Accords between TEP, TRR, and TSP anytime soon, and we have no reason to believe that any party will pull out of the Accords.
Last edited by Qvait on Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Em

she/her/hers

Who I am

Sandaoguo
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 07, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Sandaoguo » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:58 pm

Qvait wrote:Ah yes, TSP is in cahoots with NPO, and the only people who can save us are TNP, TRR, and Osiris, an independent, a defender, and a raider. Seems legit.

Unibot's post doesn't posit in any way that "TSP is in cahoots with NPO." Nor does he say that a coalition needs to be formed to save us. This is a wildly incorrect reading of a rather benign and obvious point.

The NPO has been in the process of rehabilitating its image ever since it was basically diplomatically blacklisted by most GCRs. Unibot is saying 3 things:
1. The regions that have long opposed the NPO can continue to do so.
2. The regions that have a history of being subjugated or antagonized by the NPO can have a foreign policy of opposing the NPO, as well. 1 + 2 = a containment policy.
3. The NPO is likely to focus on relations with old allies, of which TSP is one. If TRR and TNP have a foreign policy of opposing the NPO, that could influence TSP into rebuffing any efforts by the NPO to reestablished good relations.

Nothing about that is conspiratorial. It sounds like some fairly basic foreign affairs analysis. The NPO is not just sitting on its hands and doing nothing. They announced a long time ago that they wanted to begin rebuilding their image and their relationships. The question is if the NPO should be trusted, and in particular if regions should trust the NPO diaspora-- prominent NPOers who join other regions. When did that become a controversial idea?
Last edited by Sandaoguo on Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Unibot III
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Unibot III » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:42 pm

Sandaoguo wrote:

Unibot's post doesn't posit in any way that "TSP is in cahoots with NPO." Nor does he say that a coalition needs to be formed to save us. This is a wildly incorrect reading of a rather benign and obvious point.

The NPO has been in the process of rehabilitating its image ever since it was basically diplomatically blacklisted by most GCRs. Unibot is saying 3 things:
1. The regions that have long opposed the NPO can continue to do so.
2. The regions that have a history of being subjugated or antagonized by the NPO can have a foreign policy of opposing the NPO, as well. 1 + 2 = a containment policy.
3. The NPO is likely to focus on relations with old allies, of which TSP is one. If TRR and TNP have a foreign policy of opposing the NPO, that could influence TSP into rebuffing any efforts by the NPO to reestablished good relations.

Nothing about that is conspiratorial. It sounds like some fairly basic foreign affairs analysis. The NPO is not just sitting on its hands and doing nothing. They announced a long time ago that they wanted to begin rebuilding their image and their relationships. The question is if the NPO should be trusted, and in particular if regions should trust the NPO diaspora-- prominent NPOers who join other regions. When did that become a controversial idea?

I agree completely — probably better said than anything I’ve written here. But I’ll add I served in TSP’s cabinet just as much as I served in TRR’s cabinet — TRR-TSP relationship was always one that I saw as very important to both regions. I see both regions as mature democracies and I wouldn’t foresee any policy of containment based on infantilizing other GCRs, but rather I’d see it as a policy of raising important questions regarding the NPO’s diplomatic rehabilitation and acting as a saucer to a hot cup. I also have vivid memories in TSP of the old TSP-NPO relationship (when TSP was a MPA member); relations took a major hit after Milograd and after NLO, but it always used to be that TWP, TEP, and TSP were NPO’s closest allies before NLO/Adytus/SPSR/Everything and that appears to be NPO’s goal now: namely, reviving its “legacy” relationships in the GCRs.
[violet] wrote:I mean this in the best possible way,
but Unibot is not a typical NS player.
Milograd wrote:You're a caring, resolute lunatic
with the best of intentions.
Org. Join Date: 25-05-2008 | Former Delegate of TRR

Factbook // Collected works // Gameplay Alignment Test //
9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Headlines from Unibot // WASC HQ: A Guide

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
✯ Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Unibot III
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Unibot III » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:53 pm

Xoriet wrote:
Unibot III wrote:

How did a conversation about TEP and Thaecia end up another diatribe against NPO? <_<

I like how your bingo card has stuff like “democracy” on it and you’re treating that as some kind of niche subject. :p I know it’s not how you guys do things in the NPO — but outside of the NPO, democracy is actually a pretty common discussion point.
[violet] wrote:I mean this in the best possible way,
but Unibot is not a typical NS player.
Milograd wrote:You're a caring, resolute lunatic
with the best of intentions.
Org. Join Date: 25-05-2008 | Former Delegate of TRR

Factbook // Collected works // Gameplay Alignment Test //
9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Headlines from Unibot // WASC HQ: A Guide

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
✯ Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Yokiria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yokiria » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:32 pm

A mean old man wrote:No. I won't "just accept" that. I'm also not the one who dragged events from 2014 (bold, for the effect™) into the picture. When Syl suddenly brings "I love TEP" because of "x and y from 2014" into her shapeshifting narrative against TEP I'm going to call it out for the crap that it is. I was there. I remember Syl's brief, uncomfortable, and clearly politically-interested stint in TEP.

That's hard to believe, considering you can't even remember what year it took place. I socialized with TEPers in 2014 via IRC and Skype, and thus began to adore TEP itself, but I didn't actually join TEP until 2015. Also, if you're going claim you're calling out crap, stop adding yours to the pile. "Clearly politically-interested stint"? My stint in TEP was because I had friends there.

A mean old man wrote:And how Syl can come back to me six years later and say "I love TEP" and use that as an explanation and as justification for everything in this thread "is beyond me".

I used it as an explanation because it's the truth.

A mean old man wrote:It's not, actually. It's not beyond me. Because I can see what's going on. And it doesn't surprise me that Syl would try to use something so ridiculous in this argument. It's all too obvious. And it's silly. And it's backfiring, and maybe everyone involved in running this crummy little bad noise campaign in our embassy thread should take a breather and go back to the drawing board before they dig a hole that they can't get out of.

Look, AMOM, I'm honestly not intimidated by the thought of you posting even more scatterbrained conspiracies about me, nor the thought of you trying to throw more dirt at me. You apparently don't know me well enough to know that the thought of anyone involving me in their cabal is hilariously unrealistic, nor do you know me well enough to realize that you're not in a position to even remotely bother me with your posts.

So you're popular again, and TEPers trust you enough to give you power. Congrats. We both know which one of us is right about the actual state of TEP's regional security, though, and which one of us is right about your intentions for the region. No amount of bluster will change that. :)

Also, I missed this at first, but,
Libertanny wrote:In essence,

Yokiria is TEP's plant, who was sent here to make a fuss about Thaecia, Osiris and The East Pacific, so that NPO, TSP and TEP can dominate NS, yeah.

I mean. It's quite unrealistic, but if it wasn't the case - I'm full in favor of that. Would seem interesting.

I was actually sent here from the future. AMOM controls every GCR except for Balder, which he deemed "too boring". The only way to stop this terrible future is to scream really loud at him on the forums.
Last edited by Yokiria on Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ And if you go,

I want to go with you,
and if you die...

I want to die with you.~

Marrabuk
Secretary

Founded: Nov 26, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Marrabuk » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:59 am

I'm loving the activity thread on our embassy. It's booming! Gotta say that our money is well spent paying these fake paparazzi to ask us random questions(that doesn't make sense) and posts conspiracy theories. Needless to say, we paid them well.

It's very evident from this, that we aim to become the Pokemon master. So that with great activity like this, more Pokemons will come to us and we'll be able to catch them all. Because we want to be the best!

On that note, I'll leave with this:

I want to be the very best,
Like no one ever was.
To catch them is my real test,
To train them is my cause!
(I will travel across the land,
Searching far and wide.
Each Pokemon to understand
The power that's inside!)
Pokemon!
Gotta catch em' all!
It's you and me,
I know it's my destiny!
Pokemon!
Oh, you're my best friend,
In a world we must defend!
Pokemon!
Gotta catch em' all!
(A heart so true,
Our courage will pull us through!)
You teach me and I'll teach you,
Po-ke-mon!
Gotta catch em' all!
Gotta catch em' all!
Every challenge along the way,
With courage I will face!
I will battle every day,
To claim my rightful place!
Come with me, the time is right,
There's no better team!
Arm in arm, we'll win the fight,
It's always been our dream!
Pokemon!
Gotta catch em' all!
It's you and me,
I know it's my destiny!
Pokemon!
Pokemon!
Gotta catch em' all!
(A heart so true,
Po-ke-mon!
Gotta catch em' all!
Gotta catch em' all!
Gotta catch em' all!
Gotta catch em' all!
Gotta catch em' all!
Pokemon!
Gotta catch em' all!
It's you and me,
I know it's my destiny!
Pokemon!
Pokemon!
Gotta catch em' all!
(A heart so true,
Po-ke-mon!
Gotta catch em' all!
Gotta catch em' all!
Po-ke-mon!
Last edited by Marrabuk on Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Best Regards,
Marrabuk
Horsefather

The East Pacific

Xoriet
Minister

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Xoriet » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:16 am

Unibot III wrote:
Xoriet wrote:How did a conversation about TEP and Thaecia end up another diatribe against NPO? <_<

I like how your bingo card has stuff like “democracy” on it and you’re treating that as some kind of niche subject. :p I know it’s not how you guys do things in the NPO — but outside of the NPO, democracy is actually a pretty common discussion point.

When did anything on the card except morals and white knighting become niche discussion points? This is just stuff you do/say most. :p And since you seem to forget every time, I was in democracies for most of my NS life.
Senator of Diplomatic Affairs of the New Pacific Order

This flame we carry into battle
A fading memory
This light will conquer the darkness
Shining bright for all to see

Klaus Devestatorie
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:57 am

This forum and the nutshell it's lived in for the last 5 years

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:43 pm

Queen Yuno wrote:Both sides of this story need to learn to be nicer and less petty.

NS politics really corrupts otherwise fine people.

NS is a political game Yuno :roll:

Edit: Uni, the bingo card has isn't about democracy as a whole....just when you go off on one about it.
Last edited by Drop Your Pants on Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Yokiria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yokiria » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:41 am

Well, the treaty between Osiris and TEP was officially terminated yesterday morning. I'm under no obligation to give less than 100% in my tongue-lashing of TEP now.

The treaty was initially created because TEP seemed to be getting back on track after Fedele was shown the door and Marrabuk was delegate. Unfortunately, TEP only seemed to be getting back on track. The activity that a feeder naturally benefits from was masking a dysfunctional regional government. The first sign that things weren't going to work out was that not long after the treaty was signed, in February, Osiris found that TEP had not only allowed an enemy of Osiris into their region, but quickly gave them positions inside of TEP's military and community, including a role in their offsite moderation team. Of course, I'm referring to "A mean old man", a chronic traitor that sought to subvert both Osiris and Lazarus, but saw themselves protected by the old regime of the NPO. The NPO's protection of AMOM and his cronies is part of why that regime is now the old one. Anyway, as to AMOM's sudden rise in TEP at the time, Osiris raised an objection with TEP over this in private, and former Osiran Cormac raised one publically in the EPSA thread. AMOM himself responded by calling Osiris a "gulag". Not a good start to the alliance, but then-Pharaoh Anabelle of Osiris and then-delegate Marrabuk of TEP had already sorted it out privately. This set a standard that Osiris and TEP may clash publically, but private diplomacy would work.

Sadly, that only lasted through Marrabuk's delegacy. Once Serge (more popularly known as Libertanny) became Delegate, relations nosedived. A whistleblower inside TEP warned of a supposed "Consortium" that partly involved two regions that made Osiris tear its metaphorical hair out; Kingdom of Great Britain, and Thaecia. The two are alike, but in opposite ways. Kingdom of Great Britain used to be a definite nightmare to deal with and may still be one. Jury's out on Thaecia being a nightmare now, but in the future they definitely will be one. These are not allies you want your ally making. So, private diplomacy prepared to swoop in and save the day again.

It didn't. In private, under Serge, TEP had become flippant and disrespectful. Once our diplomat complained, they were masked as a "Karen", and a mock version of the Power20 called the Karen20 was held in the TEP Diplomatic server. The Power20 is an annual power ranking published in NSToday, which is partly run by prominent Osiran Wym. Another shot across the bow. Former Pharaoh Altino also attempted to intervene, but was childishly mocked by present Thaecians. Private diplomacy had failed, and TEP had achieved an impressive trifecta of pissing off Osiris' citizens, current officials, and former officials. All of the OFO felt disrespected, and a second attempt to repeal the TEP Treaty succeeded in the all-citizen legislature. Oh, right, did I not mention the first attempt? Cormac brought discussion of a repeal to the floor when AMOM called Osiris a "gulag" back in February. It didn't receive enough support. So, Osiris really did give this alliance a chance instead of running at the first sign of trouble.

AMOM is Rahl fear-mongering and going after Yuno for posting platitudes because he's taking this subject just as seriously as he takes the sovereignty of sinkers, which is to say, he's not taking this seriously at all.
The posts by Drop Your Pants, Madjack, Roavin, and North Prairie? It's just useless heckling, distracting from the topic just for the sake of snark.
The posts by Marrabuk? Golden. I have nothing bad to say.
My posts? They're about a real issue; TEP's foreign policy, and their tendency to put trust in the hands of the untrustworthy. They think AMOM is another Todd McCloud, when he's just a native Fedele.
Last edited by Yokiria on Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
~ And if you go,

I want to go with you,
and if you die...

I want to die with you.~

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay