NATION

PASSWORD

Oh Hai

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Greater Victora
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 27, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Greater Victora » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:41 am

Last edited by Greater Victora on Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Telegram me things you want me to put in the "Codex Imperialis"
The Holy Solar Empire (or simply 'the Empire') is a FFT interstellar federal empire that is attempting to restore galactic civilization in the wake of the apocalypse while simultaneously having to fend off hordes of literal demons. The setting is a horrid Frankenstein of numerous Sci-Fi Universes (predominantly 40k and Doctor Who/Faction Paradox).
NS Stats are for nerds. I don't use them and neither should you (if you must, use stats as an indicator of the "average Civilized World"). With that said, according to this index, the Victoran Empire is a Tier 10, Level 8, Type 9 civilization with a Power Comparator of 3.9
Current Year: 10,023 AD
=][= ADVERSARIUS DELENDA EST =][=

Salvarity
Senator

Founded: Jun 28, 2011

Postby Salvarity » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:42 am

Couldn't we have gotten someone more interesting back?

Where's Cephal
Praetor of the Empire of Mare Nostrum
World Assembly Delegate of the Empire of Mare Nostrum

King of the British Isles
Prime Minister of the British Isles
Defense Minister of the British Isles
Home Minister of the British Isles
Culture Minister of the British Isles
MP of Parliament for Northern Ireland
Co-Founder of the SDLP in the British Isles
Admiral of the Royal British Isles Navy
Marquess of Winchester

Minister of the Exterior in the Land of Kings and Emperors
Minister of the Interior in the Land of Kings and Emperors
Senator in the Imperial Senate
Field Marshal Lieutenant of the Imperial Army of the Land of Kings and Emperors
Baron of Nassau

Lance Corporal in the North Pacific Army

Merryman in the United Defenders League

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:27 am

I can recommend a great region for you, confederation_of_corrupt_dictators, lots of similarly minded people
Formerly known as Port Blood
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Discoveria wrote:Port blood is a raider through and through. Honest.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.
Sedgistan wrote:Attempted threadjack on sandwiches and satanism removed.
[4:27 PM] Antigone: Port Blood = Gameplay Jesus
Former foreign Minister of gay
Current community leader in charge of foreign affairs of gay
ex corporal in The Black Hawks

Block II
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Block II » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:44 am

I’m glad Don is back. He has many friends that have missed him, and he has a lot to offer the game. Yes he made some mistakes. But the good he’s brought here far out weighs any bad he’s brought. Unlike most shunned players, he has shown that he’s able to grow and show rehabilitated behavior from egregious actions while also making amends. I would argue that people who have no stake in his sphere of gameplay need to grow up and let the man play the game in peace.
Last edited by Block II on Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xoriet
Minister

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Xoriet » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:47 am

Block II wrote:I’m glad Don is back. He has many friends that have missed him, and he has a lot to offer the game. Yes he made some mistakes. But the good he’s brought here far out weighs any bad he’s brought. Unlike most shunned players, he has shown that he’s able to grow and show rehabilitated behavior from egregious actions. I would argue that people who have no stake in his sphere of gameplay need to grow up and let the man play the game.

Considering Don is trying to antagonize regions from which he's banned by putting in a nation and taunting them about it, I disagree with your statement about growing.
Senator of Diplomatic Affairs of the New Pacific Order

This flame we carry into battle
A fading memory
This light will conquer the darkness
Shining bright for all to see

Block II
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Block II » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:07 am

I’ll agree with that sentiment to a degree, because what Don is doing in this situation is not the correct course of action. But the regions that have him blacklisted are in the wrong regarding him as well.

George Mountbatten VI
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby George Mountbatten VI » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:58 pm

Xoriet wrote:
Block II wrote:I’m glad Don is back. He has many friends that have missed him, and he has a lot to offer the game. Yes he made some mistakes. But the good he’s brought here far out weighs any bad he’s brought. Unlike most shunned players, he has shown that he’s able to grow and show rehabilitated behavior from egregious actions. I would argue that people who have no stake in his sphere of gameplay need to grow up and let the man play the game.

Considering Don is trying to antagonize regions from which he's banned by putting in a nation and taunting them about it, I disagree with your statement about growing.

Xoriet presents an extremely valid point here. I absolutely should have been a bit more tactful and less antagonistic in my post. I own that 100%. The whole purpose of said topic was just a whole I'm back sort of thing. I genuinely didn't create puppets for a hide and seek game, I just figured saying such would give those with such a massive issue with me something to do while I reestablish myself.

Apopia
Civilian

Founded: Sep 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Apopia » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:31 pm

I guess the region of Vermont is one to avoid now that they're harboring you and 94 Block, and giving you both citizenship.

Belka
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 31, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Belka » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:11 pm

Salvarity wrote:Couldn't we have gotten someone more interesting back?

Where's Cephal

I never exactly left. I'm just watching. Always watching. I am also always free to be observed.
I have no other puppets and I haven't gotten involved in anything since I went silent.

That's about all I do and all I'm going to do until I feel inclined otherwise. I have no interest being involved at current.

I've no part in this

George Mountbatten VI
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby George Mountbatten VI » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:26 pm

Apopia wrote:I guess the region of Vermont is one to avoid now that they're harboring you and 94 Block, and giving you both citizenship.

I'm not a citizen there and don't really plan to get too involved. I'm there to catch up with a couple old friends. I mean we can actually make a game out of this where everyone follows me around just to point out where I'm at but do you truly want to waste your time on that???

Vaculatestar64
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 18, 2012

Postby Vaculatestar64 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:33 pm

Cameron M Romefeller wrote:You've already been chased from the game for being a fascist. When will you learn that most places aren't going to welcome you back? You brought KoGB to the brink of destruction by being a complete fool, and endangered the hard work of hundreds of people by being a complete git. Please, for the love of all that is holy and good, learn to retire.

Someone of Dons race being an actual real life fascist? What a time to be alive because there's some weird stuff going on lol.

George Mountbatten VI
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby George Mountbatten VI » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:36 pm

Vaculatestar64 wrote:
Cameron M Romefeller wrote:You've already been chased from the game for being a fascist. When will you learn that most places aren't going to welcome you back? You brought KoGB to the brink of destruction by being a complete fool, and endangered the hard work of hundreds of people by being a complete git. Please, for the love of all that is holy and good, learn to retire.

Someone of Dons race being an actual real life fascist? What a time to be alive because there's some weird stuff going on lol.

That's what I'm saying. Also to set the record stright, I am not nor have I ever been a fascist. I simply opted to reach out to them to seek to achieve a goal but we all know how that turned out.

Vaculatestar64
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Vaculatestar64 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:38 pm

George Mountbatten VI wrote:
Vaculatestar64 wrote:

That's what I'm saying. Also to set the record stright, I am not nor have I ever been a fascist. I simply opted to reach out to them to seek to achieve a goal but we all know how that turned out.

The Soviets and Nazi's signed the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact in 1939 but that doesn't exactly make Stalin a raging Nazi does it? lol.

Greater Victora
Spokesperson

Postby Greater Victora » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:39 pm

Vaculatestar64 wrote:
George Mountbatten VI wrote:

The Soviets and Nazi's signed the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact in 1939 but that doesn't exactly make Stalin a raging Nazi does it? lol.

Stalin was akin to Hitler. Both were incredibly violent and brutal dictators. Just sayin'
The Holy Solar Empire (or simply 'the Empire') is a FFT interstellar federal empire that is attempting to restore galactic civilization in the wake of the apocalypse while simultaneously having to fend off hordes of literal demons. The setting is a horrid Frankenstein of numerous Sci-Fi Universes (predominantly 40k and Doctor Who/Faction Paradox).
NS Stats are for nerds. I don't use them and neither should you (if you must, use stats as an indicator of the "average Civilized World"). With that said, according to this index, the Victoran Empire is a Tier 10, Level 8, Type 9 civilization with a Power Comparator of 3.9

Vaculatestar64
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Vaculatestar64 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:42 pm

Greater Victora wrote:
Vaculatestar64 wrote:

Stalin was akin to Hitler. Both were incredibly violent and brutal dictators. Just sayin'

You understand my point. What we call fascists and communists on this game are nowhere near what they were in the 1930s and 40s. There aren't any actual mass murderers in this game. Just people that get mad at other people for hurting their feelings while hurting other peoples feelings. Basically one large game full of hypocritical ideologues. Bam, NationStates in a nutshell.

George Mountbatten VI
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby George Mountbatten VI » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:44 pm

Vaculatestar64 wrote:
Greater Victora wrote:

You understand my point. What we call fascists and communists on this game are nowhere near what they were in the 1930s and 40s. There aren't any actual mass murderers in this game. Just people that get mad at other people for hurting their feelings while hurting other peoples feelings. Basically one large game full of hypocritical ideologues. Bam, NationStates in a nutshell.

He's right ya know...

Greater Victora
Spokesperson

Postby Greater Victora » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:49 pm

Vaculatestar64 wrote:
Greater Victora wrote:

Basically one large game full of hypocritical ideologues. Bam, NationStates in a nutshell.

Just like real life!

Vaculatestar64
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Vaculatestar64 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:55 pm

Twins of Hearts
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 07, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Twins of Hearts » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:05 pm

Hello Don, welcome back! Also, hey Vac, where have you been hiding? and I am not ignoring you Block, good to see you.

I am glad to see some highly skilled people shaking off the hate poured onto them and ignoring the peanut gallery, and moving forward with some strong gaming again. NS gameplay is super lame right now, a revival of some r/d or even machinations are certainly massively overdue. The shit lists the kids make to exclude people are complete rubbish, and anyone who can obey game rules and game on in spite of being victims of this particular type of label bullying are aces in my book.

Also, I forgive your betrayal of me in KOGB Don. I found out the real story about who was doing what in that mess.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:00 pm

I'll give you lot Ebola Quarantine Zone if you promise to all go there and stay there, and only there.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

George Mountbatten VI
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby George Mountbatten VI » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:55 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:I'll give you lot Ebola Quarantine Zone if you promise to all go there and stay there, and only there.

That's nice but I'll pass. I got a knack for creating fairly successful regions on NS.

Vaculatestar64
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Vaculatestar64 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:30 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:I'll give you lot Ebola Quarantine Zone if you promise to all go there and stay there, and only there.

If it's a good JP go right on ahead and hand it over. Otherwise I think we'll pass. Just wait. ;)

Perruzio Veloce
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 05, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Perruzio Veloce » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:55 pm

Block II wrote: Yes he made some mistakes. But the good he’s brought here far out weighs any bad he’s brought. Unlike most shunned players, he has shown that he’s able to grow and show rehabilitated behavior from egregious actions while also making amends.

Massive self aware coughing

Also, if he wants people to not bug him as you said, why don't he not openly admit to placing puppets in regions that have banned him? How is that supposed to in any way help him make amends? It makes literally no sense, which I think you know.

Although I agree with what people say of equating just any old jerk to a fascist. You can't compare them. I don't think Mountbatten is a fascist unless they've explicitly said something or done something fascist.
Last edited by Perruzio Veloce on Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:50 am, edited 4 times in total.
Recruitment officer for Galactic Wars.

Yellow on white is really painful to read, isn't it?

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:48 am

Don't know who you are, but Hi Don
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Gagium
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 08, 2017

Postby Gagium » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:20 am

Perruzio Veloce wrote:Massive self aware coughing

Your coughing is self aware? I’d go see a doctor for that, man.. :shock:
Last edited by Gagium on Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
E

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay