NATION

PASSWORD

Telegrams

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

One Small Island
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 30, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby One Small Island » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:28 am

In telegram preferences there is an option you can select which will automatically expand telegrams by default. If you do not want to waste time manually opening the telegrams you can select this option, and with a single click you can remove any tags that have built up in your TG folder.

It's not ideal since it requires more scrolling than when the telegrams are not automatically expanded, so if you get more than one tg at a time you may have to do some work to see all of them, but since, as you said above, the only TGs you ever really get are the WA Resolution notifications that shouldn't be a problem for you.
Generally Retired
They//Them
Trying to find peace and enjoyment in the game again.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:36 am

One Small Island wrote:In telegram preferences there is an option you can select which will automatically expand telegrams by default. If you do not want to waste time manually opening the telegrams you can select this option, and with a single click you can remove any tags that have built up in your TG folder.

It's not ideal since it requires more scrolling than when the telegrams are not automatically expanded, so if you get more than one tg at a time you may have to do some work to see all of them, but since, as you said above, the only TGs you ever really get are the WA Resolution notifications that shouldn't be a problem for you.

I don't want to auto-expand all TGs, I specifically want the non-WA ones to not be expanded. However rare they are, they still occur
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:21 am

If you can't turn off reception of these TGs about resolutions passing off then your government IC has less ability to claim "Nobody told us!" when accused of non-compliance with any of those resolutions... :geek:
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:56 am

Bears Armed wrote:If you can't turn off reception of these TGs about resolutions passing off then your government IC has less ability to claim "Nobody told us!" when accused of non-compliance with any of those resolutions... :geek:

Indeed. As such, notification telegrams are a pretty important gameplay element that comes along with being a WA member. As always with this sort of thing, if something is annoying about WA membership then there is always the option to leave...
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:06 pm

Bears Armed wrote:If you can't turn off reception of these TGs about resolutions passing off then your government IC has less ability to claim "Nobody told us!" when accused of non-compliance with any of those resolutions... :geek:

But I'm not advocating for eliminating these notifications, only moving them
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Previous

Return to Gameplay