NATION

PASSWORD

Influence

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Walkenburg
Civilian

Founded: Sep 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Influence

Postby Walkenburg » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:22 am

I am curious; what causes the Influence to go up and down? My influence has slowly been going downward over the past few weeks and I can't figure out why.

Wesleyisbestnationhere
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Wesleyisbestnationhere » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:27 am

im wondering the same thing like how does it go up and down and what influences it?
Last edited by Wesleyisbestnationhere on Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Klorgia1
Envoy

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Klorgia1 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:31 am

Its a rough ranking of your power in whichever region you preside. You get it via endorsements and staying in your region, and use it to do actions in it with whatever positions you're given (EX: Border control).
News: This Sig Still Exists.

Wesleyisbestnationhere
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Wesleyisbestnationhere » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:47 am

what benefits does it have?

Dark Panther
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 02, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Dark Panther » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:52 am

Wesleyisbestnationhere wrote:what benefits does it have?

For one, it makes it much more costly to eject someone with high influence. So, if someone's been a resident of a region for years, it will cost much more influence to eject than a recently-arrived resident.

This will often play a role in raids: raiders are usually relative newcomers (unless they're a sleeper agent), while the natives have a better chance to be long-term residents with a nice stockpile of influence.

Wesleyisbestnationhere
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Wesleyisbestnationhere » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:55 am

since we are a school nation and don't rp or anything do we have to worry about raids?

Argent Panther
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 02, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby Argent Panther » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:34 am

Wesleyisbestnationhere wrote:since we are a school nation and don't rp or anything do we have to worry about raids?

Oh, in that case, I don't believe you have anything to worry about. Pretty sure school regions are all passworded. And, not sure about this last point, but I don't think school regions are accessible at all to outsiders.

Armaros
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 06, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Armaros » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:54 am

Wesleyisbestnationhere wrote:since we are a school nation and don't rp or anything do we have to worry about raids?

School regions are passworded as well as illegal to be raided.
An average Jo.
LWU | TBH | Lazarus | TEP
My opinions are solely mine. I do not speak for regions I'm involved with unless stated otherwise.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:39 am

Armaros wrote:

School regions are passworded as well as illegal to be raided.

But could a "rogue" native delegate within one still eject other residents?
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Darkesia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Darkesia » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:46 am

All this time I thought it was Fedele training all the young up and coming coupers in GP. Turns out it's Bears!
Blackbird wrote:Francoism is to fascism as Marxism is to peanut butter.
Greater Moldavi wrote:If I didn't say things like that then I wouldn't be...well me.
Katganistan wrote:I imagine it's the rabid crotch-seeking ninja attack weasels. Very hard to train, so you don't see them in use in many places.

Fingon
Civilian

Founded: Jan 17, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby Fingon » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:50 am

If I remember right, trading cards of nations with more influence are rarer.
Last edited by Fingon on Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay