NATION

PASSWORD

What are your opinions on Warzones nowadays?

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Androdium
Secretary

Founded: Aug 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

What are your opinions on Warzones nowadays?

Postby Androdium » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:14 pm

I think it has exceeded expectations the admins had originally created the warzones for. For some history, warzones were created to give defenders and raiders a place to practice hence why they are called warzones, that bans from them are temporary and the delegate needs no influence to ban nations at all. A good practicing place for r/d wouldn't have you wait for influence and have you permanently banned from a region amirite? However, a community sprung out from the warzones with many having discords constitutions, etc.

What I am getting at is that Warzones were the most unlikely place to have a community yet it still does. Kinda inspirational once you really think about it.
The Republic is Eternal! (Wait that sounded super communist. My nation is democratic I swear!!)

Guy
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Guy » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:20 pm

It was novel when Codger first did it in Warzone Airspace.

Since then, it’s been an annoyance created by people thumbing their noses at R/Ders wishing to utilise Warzones for their intended use. They are mechanically different exactly to allow them to be used for war games etc, not build communities in.
Commander of the Rejected Realms Army

[violet] wrote:Never underestimate the ability of admin to do nothing.

Flanderlion
Minister

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flanderlion » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:32 pm

I don't think Warzones even remotely exceeded the admins expectations. In fact, they're more of a failed feature, given they were meant to protect NS from the drawbacks of R/D. Community wise, sure, there are several, but they do not seem particularly special as such. There are communities that are better, communities that are worse. There are communities that are more unique, and there are communities that are less.

They're GCRs, but they are nowhere near as good as the Sinkers, let alone TRR or the Feeders.
As always, I'm representing myself.
Information
Wishlist

Weed
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Capitalizt

Postby Weed » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:52 pm

Have to concur, Warzones definitely never lived up to the intent. There’s not a whole lot of interest in taking over regions designed to be taken over. The core appeal to crashing is doing something to someone that doesn’t want it. So they don’t really get fought over by outsiders as much as one might expect.

And on the flip side, with few exceptions there hasn’t been a whole lot of recruitment for communities in the Warzones - just guessing that’s because one bad delegate can completely wipe the region in minutes undoing any work done in recruitment. So they don’t really have a lot of work done to build them up either.

The idea has potential, but was never implemented well. There have been suggestions to give people more reason to fight over the Warzones that were pretty popular but they’ve never gone anywhere.

To the extent you can say something positive about the Warzones as they currently exist, at least stuff can happen there in-game. The other GCRs are stale and unchanging- looking essentially identical to how they did when I got active in GP ten years ago. It’s earth shattering news when something almost changes (like TEP recently) but nothing ever really does. IMO the fact that nothing really happens in-game anymore is why the game is so OOC catty and toxic. There’s nothing to do but drama.
I prefer not to be called that
Ex-Defender
Former WASC Author
----V----
Weed
LIVE FREE

Vando0sa
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 08, 2014
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Vando0sa » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:26 am

Warzones are fun to raid.. it's nice getting to ban the entire community leaving it an empty wasteland! Though with the addition of regional officers and a wait to mask yourself with border control they no longer show up as targets for tag raids..

Maybe in warzone regions we should be able to mask ourselves with border control right away so they can be more fun to burn down in tag raids..

We can still attack them normally in a hold but it's unlikely raiders would try to hold a warzone.. we'd just go after an active founderless community instead.. Warzones are weird.. no longer useful for raiding but somehow useful as communities because raiders don't raid them?
Kevät itkee talven töitä Käy hyinen tuulen henki Kevät itkee talven töitä Virta kantaa luita rantaan

Armaros
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 06, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Armaros » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:27 am

Guy wrote:It was novel when Codger first did it in Warzone Airspace.

Since then, it’s been an annoyance created by people thumbing their noses at R/Ders wishing to utilise Warzones for their intended use. They are mechanically different exactly to allow them to be used for war games etc, not build communities in.

^ that. I'd say it's a failed project: hardly anyone ever raids the Warzones, and communities were never meant to exist there, and now the communities that do exist there have started to complain that they need to be treated like any region. It really doesn't add anything to the game.
An average Jo.
LWU | TBH | Lazarus | TEP
My opinions are solely mine. I do not speak for regions I'm involved with unless stated otherwise.

The Commandant
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Commandant » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:51 pm

Armaros wrote:
Guy wrote:It was novel when Codger first did it in Warzone Airspace.

^ that. I'd say it's a failed project: hardly anyone ever raids the Warzones, and communities were never meant to exist there, and now the communities that do exist there have started to complain that they need to be treated like any region. It really doesn't add anything to the game.

Agreed. Burn all the warzones to the ground. Raiders take thrill in raiding actual regions, dragging defenders with them. Warzones take that fun away. Attacking an actual region is like a viking raid on a village. Warzones are like paintball matches.
Former Kanzler and Minister of Home Affairs in Hartfelden.
Former Corporal of The Invaders.
Currently Recruitment Officer for Galactic Wars.

Apulita
Envoy

Founded: Aug 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Apulita » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:03 pm

Being a part of the warzone community that has sprung up, I would certainly agree that they have mostly failed in their intended purpose of battlegrounds. As others have put aptly, there's no real stakes when you're fighting over a region designed to be fought over.

To clarify for some, we don't want to be treated like UCRs and we don't try to claim it's "immoral" to attack our communities (or at least, I don't!). By settling in Warzones we have implicitly opted in for gameplay come-what-may, and we enjoy the challenge. The warzones are fun for their dynamism, not in spite of it.

If it's any consolation to those that disapprove of communities in the warzones, hopefully we're giving the regions some actual value for raiders to tear down :p
Citizen of Warzone Europe

The Commandant
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Commandant » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:21 pm

Apulita wrote:Being a part of the warzone community that has sprung up, I would certainly agree that they have mostly failed in their intended purpose of battlegrounds. As others have put aptly, there's no real stakes when you're fighting over a region designed to be fought over.

To clarify for some, we don't want to be treated like UCRs and we don't try to claim it's "immoral" to attack our communities (or at least, I don't!). By settling in Warzones we have implicitly opted in for gameplay come-what-may, and we enjoy the challenge. The warzones are fun for their dynamism, not in spite of it.

If it's any consolation to those that disapprove of communities in the warzones, hopefully we're giving the regions some actual value for raiders to tear down :p

We need to burn down every Warzone until there is nothing remaining.

If only I was still a raider

Padfootia
Attaché

Founded: Jan 13, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Padfootia » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:29 pm

Warzones were a failed project set up by the game. But players settled communities in warzones which can be recognized as actually communites, because warzones are barely raided, and rarely ever liberated by defenders. It is not wrong to set up communities in them, but it is not wrong to raid them because that was the original purpose.

Look Away CIC | Lardy Army Private | Former Grey Warden

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:12 am

Warzone communities just goes to show that people can build a community anywhere. No matter what the hardships.

Just like ants
The Blaatschapen should resign

The Commandant
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Commandant » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:48 pm

The Blaatschapen wrote:Warzone communities just goes to show that people can build a community anywhere. No matter what the hardships.

Just like ants

Time for destruction

Androdium
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Androdium » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:42 pm

Flanderlion wrote:I don't think Warzones even remotely exceeded the admins expectations. In fact, they're more of a failed feature, given they were meant to protect NS from the drawbacks of R/D

Guy wrote:Since then, it’s been an annoyance created by people thumbing their noses at R/Ders wishing to utilise Warzones for their intended use. They are mechanically different exactly to allow them to be used for war games etc, not build communities in.

Armaros wrote:^ that. I'd say it's a failed project: hardly anyone ever raids the Warzones, and communities were never meant to exist there, and now the communities that do exist there have started to complain that they need to be treated like any region. It really doesn't add anything to the game.

Gonna agree with yall there. Warzones are definitely failed projects. Heck, I didn't even know the purpose of warzones until a few weeks ago. However,
The Blaatschapen wrote:Warzone communities just goes to show that people can build a community anywhere. No matter what the hardships.]

This is more or less my feelings on war zones in general
The Republic is Eternal! (Wait that sounded super communist. My nation is democratic I swear!!)

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Lord Dominator » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:07 pm

I give kudos on the communities that have developed in them, if nothing else it does actually give us a region to burn them every so often :p

Not so good at their intended purpose, but that's to be expected. If nothing else, being directed to raid certain regions by Admin is more likely to make us not raid them

Vando0sa
Chargé d'Affaires

Mother Knows Best State

Postby Vando0sa » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:57 pm

Ants are awesome..

Ants are also raiders.. maybe it's time we raid Warzones again.. try to hold one for a while.. maybe even take it a step further and install an actual raider community within a warzone. Now that would be an interesting challenge! An active founderless raider region that's tiny instead of massive like Feeder/Sinkers.
Kevät itkee talven töitä Käy hyinen tuulen henki Kevät itkee talven töitä Virta kantaa luita rantaan

South Reinkalistan
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby South Reinkalistan » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:21 am

Well, a community developing was just the natural route of Warzones - raiders exist for the thrill of tearing down regions. Whether this is justified is neither here nor there - that's the reason. Warzones have nothing to destroy, so it was only so long before somebody went "oh look, empty regions, let's settle there". As somebody who really likes the constant battle between raiders/defenders, I look forward to the day when these communities get attacked by raiders. Perhaps they MAY become a battleground like the admins intended. Of course, in this case, the communities will likely pack up and move elsewhere, giving the warzones nothing to raid.
THE PEOPLE ETERNAL
" We will not bow to your dictation. We are free. We bled to be free.
Who are you to tell us what we may and may not do? We stopped being your slaves an era ago. "
South Reinkalistan is a massive, ecologically-diverse nation notable for its roving student militias and widespread hatred for the elderly.
In the midst of a room-temperature cultural revolution that's lost its momentum, the Party carefully plans its next move.
As the brittle bones of fragile empires begin to crack beneath their own weight, history's symphony reaches crescendo pitch. The future is all but certain.

The Pharcyde
Attaché

Founded: Feb 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Pharcyde » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:40 am

I think they are a land of opportunity.
Fire Republic of Pharcyde
Огненная Република Фарсайда
The Pharcyde (II Wiki · Map · Interpol)

Queen Yuno
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Queen Yuno » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:07 pm

I feel Warzones are such a waste. You spend tons of Stamps recruiting for them -- when they're so easy for rogue raiders to BAN people in

and Warzones never even get advertised

They'd be more valuable or relevant if Admins let Warzones spawn nations like GCRs do

And it'd help recruit for TRR too if someone bans Warzoners
(currently TRR only gets recruitment from banned nations from UCRs so not always the best userbase)
Stop giving misogynistic abusers a platform. Anyone who sides with Tiktok Star Andrew Tate even 1% of what he says will be treated as enemy who should be shamed out of society. Impressions+Views+Videowatches=$. Nothing he says is new or revolutionary. I don't care if he said "some good stuff", it's still bad because: the more you watch him, the more ad revenue MONEY and algorithm BOOSTS you're giving him to traffick victims. And don't say the victim lied, a young man stupidly told me that the victim confessed to lying, I told em to link me proof, articles or the Audio of her confession, he googled and found 0 proof 0 articles, and he realized he was spreading fake rumors he heard and BELIEVED without fact-check. Don't brand victims as liars without GOOGLING. Debated here

Bormiar
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bormiar » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:11 pm

Queen Yuno wrote:They'd be more valuable or relevant if Admins let Warzones spawn nations like GCRs do

The only reason feeders don't get raided 24/7 is because they spawn nations and thus have hundreds of WAs to endorse the delegate. Giving warzones the ability to spawn nations helps the established government and works to remove the warzones' purpose.

While the percent of nations spawning in warzones could be significantly lower than the feeders, that would not give the warzones a helpful number of region-builders. Additionally, it would administratively change the circumstances in which many nations are founded, which removes part of the fairness.

Warzones are meant to be fought over; not developed. If someone wants the challenge of building a community in a volatile
region, they could easily create a region without an executive founder.

Androdium
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Androdium » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:47 pm

Bormiar wrote:Warzones are meant to be fought over; not developed. If someone wants the challenge of building a community in a volatile

Then again those types of regions are a once in a blue moon occurrence and are raided almost immediately. At least Warzones gives an opportunity to come back and liberate said region with ttemporary bans.

Vando0sa
Chargé d'Affaires

Mother Knows Best State

Postby Vando0sa » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:58 pm

Androdium wrote:
Bormiar wrote:Warzones are meant to be fought over; not developed. If someone wants the challenge of building a community in a volatile

Then again those types of regions are a once in a blue moon occurrence and are raided almost immediately. At least Warzones gives an opportunity to come back and liberate said region with ttemporary bans.

Warzones can't be refounded either!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay