NATION

PASSWORD

NS Radio || WE ARE LIVE

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

WayNeacTia
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:47 pm

Kaystein wrote: If you don't like this thing, then don't bother listening and don't post if you don't have anything actually constructive to write. Leave it for people that might want to help or get involved. It's not your problem.

That may be a convincing argument, if Enadia didn't have a habit of shameless self promotion at any expense.
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

Kaystein
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaystein » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:13 pm

Wayneactia wrote:
Kaystein wrote: If you don't like this thing, then don't bother listening and don't post if you don't have anything actually constructive to write. Leave it for people that might want to help or get involved. It's not your problem.

That may be a convincing argument, if Enadia didn't have a habit of shameless self promotion at any expense.

Refer to my post here: viewtopic.php?p=36255347#p36255347

WayNeacTia
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:27 pm

Kaystein wrote:
Wayneactia wrote:

Refer to my post here: viewtopic.php?p=36255347#p36255347

Doesn't make it true though. Actions not words, and Enadia's actions speak far louder than words.
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

Kaystein
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaystein » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:58 am

IDK what to tell you. I literally added a picture telling him what he did wrong, which should be proof of my sincerity. How can my words not be true when I put evidence there? If you refuse to believe the post then I suppose this conversation is done, since we're at an impasse.
Last edited by Kaystein on Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

NationStates Radio
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby NationStates Radio » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:53 am

Hello everyone, this is Latrovia speaking. As a start I would like to apologize for not getting back sooner to your comments and messages, but real life is quite a mess for the moment. Apart from working on my scientific post-doc research and thesis, working as a clinician and in a tech company, NationStates comes as a second or third priority in my life at the time being. I will take a moment here to thank you all for your feedback and criticism as well as for your positive approach in this project I chose to create. For a start I would like to point out that as it is stated in my original comment. NationStates Radio will have soon its own Discord and YouTube Channel. Currently I am quite new at streaming and I've conducted my experiments in Enadia's YouTube channel. I heard you loud and clear and I am already working on that. Regarding my home region, as it was stated by my President, there was indeed no pre-consultation. As a creator myself, I've taught myself to be a designer, a contributor and provide visually appealing materials and products. While the Gameplay serves as a way to self-advertise ourselves, I've never denied to work in foreign regions projects, contribute in skill and design. I've personally worked on a lot foreign regions off-site forums and fixed their issues or worked on their visuals, I have setup security in a plethora of discords and bots so all and all. As a creator, my biggest wish was to share my life's work and our small or big achievements with the rest of the community. I understand that a lot of people will see it as shameless advertising, and its okay if they choose to personally view it in that way, but creators generally share and talk about what they are passionate about. Asides that I am happy and willing to help out any leader or founder or region on their startup projects. I am a dreamer what can I say. Now I would like to take a moment and answer to some selected questions, that appealed to me. :)

East Meranopirus wrote:Also text is impossible to read in dark mode.

I fixed that, I hope it works for you now :)

East Meranopirus wrote:Also note that people in some countries can't access it for copyright reasons, e.g. Australia. Might wanna check on that before starting.

National Yorkshire wrote:Blocked un the UK also.

Bowzin wrote:
Giovenith wrote:Interesting. Though you're probably better off going with a podcast or radio site, given how anti-creator YouTube has become.

What do you plan to do on your broadcast?
And the US. So probably some of the biggest countries in terms of NationStates players

Thank you all and that is true. Monetization is a big thing in YouTube. Of course I don't mind getting my stream monetized as this service was always meant to be free, but I've experienced also issues from content creators that their music was available for fair use. At the moment I am expanding and researching other streaming services. Any examples or suggestions are highly appreciated.

East Meranopirus wrote:How do you plan on making this 24/7 and how would it be personalized, or is that just one of those words you put in there to sound good?

A 24/7 stream would normally be achieved with a back up PC that I would let run all day long. Daily I review the US music boards / European music boards and get a general feeling of what the world is listening to. I would love to play also music recommended by NS players, or play songs that NS players dedicate to other NS players etc.

Aclion wrote:If you want to stay up there are much better ways to do this. This is an interesting idea and one i'd like to support, but you guys have annoyed me so I don't feel like helping you.

I apologize for any frustration. If something, actions speak better than words. How can we make your experience better with us? And also if you have any recommendations about the other better ways to do it, please help me out. :)

-Astoria wrote:I'm kinda interested...

I am glad to hear that! :)

Agalaesia wrote:Interviewing influential NS figures and NS News already exists in the form of NationStates Today's The News Room, as far as I'm aware.
And At the risk of sounding negative, I think that there are many other people who can easily create a podcast like yours, and crush your idea to bits.
It isn't bad idea, you just need some influence and backing, as well as (as people countlessly point out), high quality content.

Hello, I personally view NSToday as an influential newspaper to the lives of every modern NS player. I also like the content provided by various modern magazines like Escade's. I like their creativity and work. And surely I wouldn't mind expanding their ideas and work. After all we are creators and as creators we share our work.

It is true that other people could expand on my idea and crash it, and I am totally okay with that, no hurt feelings there. I know my time table and schedule and I know that this idea might fail, I've reached an agreement with myself in the time this might happen. And I would love to see more streamers and people of art come forth. As for the latter part, I am always striving for a good quality content. Thank you for your feedback! :)

The Whiterealm wrote:
East Meranopirus wrote:NationStates Radio or new Enadia gimmick? Also note that people in some countries can't access it for copyright reasons, e.g. Australia. Might wanna check on that before starting.

Also text is impossible to read in dark mode.

Would the UK also be unavailable :eyebrow:? I live there.

I'll get her Majesty over the line and we will fix that for you! :p
Last edited by NationStates Radio on Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

East Meranopirus
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby East Meranopirus » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:29 pm

NationStates Radio wrote:A 24/7 stream would normally be achieved with a back up PC that I would let run all day long. Daily I review the US music boards / European music boards and get a general feeling of what the world is listening to. I would love to play also music recommended by NS players, or play songs that NS players dedicate to other NS players etc.

Definition of "Personalized": designed or produced to meet someone's individual requirements.
Last edited by East Meranopirus on Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NationStates Radio
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

NSRadio is now LIVE!

Postby NationStates Radio » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:33 am

Last edited by NationStates Radio on Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Kaystein
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaystein » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:44 am

Good stuff.

Sylven
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sylven » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:46 am

I like the music. :)

I doubt it will become very popular since Spotify exists and the community of NS tends to have rather wide-ranging tastes in music... But I appreciate this being set up and will perhaps listen to it occasionally.

The chat bar (I assume) on the website just shows up as a white block for me. :(
~Sylven
Mother of Chamberlyn Razedusk
Wife of the Lovely Hamster of Kortexia
Great Grand-daughter of Francos Spain

NationStates Radio
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby NationStates Radio » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:00 am

Sylven wrote:I like the music. :)

I doubt it will become very popular since Spotify exists and the community of NS tends to have rather wide-ranging tastes in music... But I appreciate this being set up and will perhaps listen to it occasionally.

The chat bar (I assume) on the website just shows up as a white block for me. :(

Thank you for your feedback! We are aware of the issue with the chatbox. It appears like this issue has been signaled to twitch, but there hasn't been provided a solution yet.
We tested it out on IE and it seemed to work fine there. So we believe that the issue is Google Chrome related!

A new feature that has been added is a direct feedback! Feel free to provide more feedback or raise more tickets in case you face issues with your experience on the site.

Possible troubleshooting:

1) Clear your browser Cache in Google Chrome
2) Quit chrome
3) Search for Command Prompt (CMD) in windows search
4) type "ipconfig /flushdns" followed by hitting enter (should say Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache."

Kind regards,
NationStates Radio
Last edited by NationStates Radio on Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

NationStates Radio
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

The Aftermath

Postby NationStates Radio » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:25 pm

The Aftermath of the 1st live stream

Today, NationStates Radio achieved several milestones.

Firstly, we worked intensely on our stream, and we were able to setup a live stream with zero copyright strikes. Additionally we decided to leave YouTube and we create our own Twitch channel, which we embedded later on our official Website.

Our stream ran for 12 hours and 6 minutes and went live today, on 8:35 AM Central European Time. During this 1st test-stream, with minimal advertising of the event, the show received 102 viewers, which was a quite impressive number taking in consideration that it is Monday and it was hosted on a European Timezone.

The NationStates Radio, is working on increasing the quality of its services and achieve slowly a 24/7 global transmission. Additionally we created a Discord Channel and we welcome all visitors and all feedback we can get. NationStates Radio is interested and open to partnerships with established and recognized organizations and teams and we welcome all sponsors that are willing to advertise NationStates Radio to their home regions. NationStates Radio will provide links and create dedicated sites to advertise and thank officially all sponsored regions, groups and organizations that support our free initiative.

Known Issues:

NationStates Radio encountered issues with the Twitch chatbox which was embedded in our official website. The chatbox is being displayed as a solid white color. We isolated the issue being located in Google Chrome, as the chatbox was working fine in Internet Explorer and Firefox. As of now, our team will be working to resolve the chatbox issue as quickly as possible.

Thank you for being part on our 1st Stream,
NationStates Radio

NationStates Radio
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

WE ARE LIVE

Postby NationStates Radio » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:12 am

NationStates Radio
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Striving for a personal experience

Postby NationStates Radio » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:19 am

Striving for a more "personal" Experience.

Since the beginning of our streaming service, our main objective was to unite the NationStates community and multiverses under a single, positive and motivating musical service. But a steaming radio could not tell the story of the many amazing communities and regions out there. In order to do that, we are open to partner up with the biggest news corporations and independent services that are motivated to provide a quality line of services and entertainment to the game.

Our website added a new service called "MyMusic". By visiting our website, you can experience at first hand the experience and feeling of this new feature. Now you are able to listen to our picked music, discover new artists and rising stars and download high quality music right away. Finally, we are working tirelessly to allow individuals in countries were Spotify or Apple Music can not reach them, to hear and create their own libraries "free of charge". An internet radio can be a good idea, but what about a service which is aiming to host "Late Night Shows", provide news and advertise regions, but most importantly amazing communities and tell the story of many inspiring individuals and groups? As NationStates Radio is becoming an inclusive community of its own, we would love to bring your story to the platform.

NationStates Radio Discord: https://discord.gg/c4gywnz
NationStates Radio Website: https://nationstatesradio.wixsite.com/nationstatesradio
NationStates Radio "MyMusic" feature: https://nationstatesradio.wixsite.com/n ... o/my-music

The NationStates Radio website is only desktop friendly.
Last edited by NationStates Radio on Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bunker 51
Attaché

Founded: Sep 24, 2019
Ex-Nation

Discord Issues

Postby Bunker 51 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:43 am

Noticed this thread and was interested, but when I hit the discord link on your wix website, Discord gives me an Invite Expired message. Is there a way to fix this?
This Nation Does Not Represent My Personal Views
None of my nations represent my personal views
Have A Great Day
Ethel mermania wrote: the NAACP is not expected to address discrimination against white people

NationStates Radio
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby NationStates Radio » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:10 am

Bunker 51 wrote:Noticed this thread and was interested, but when I hit the discord link on your wix website, Discord gives me an Invite Expired message. Is there a way to fix this?

This link should be working fine https://discord.gg/c4gywnz
Please get back to me, if it isn't.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:25 pm

NationStates Radio wrote:

Since the beginning of our streaming service, our main objective was to unite the NationStates community and multiverses under a single, positive and motivating musical service. But a steaming radio could not tell the story of the many amazing communities and regions out there. In order to do that, we are open to partner up with the biggest news corporations and independent services that are motivated to provide a quality line of services and entertainment to the game.

Our website added a new service called "MyMusic". By visiting our website, you can experience at first hand the experience and feeling of this new feature. Now you are able to listen to our picked music, discover new artists and rising stars and download high quality music right away. Finally, we are working tirelessly to allow individuals in countries were Spotify or Apple Music can not reach them, to hear and create their own libraries "free of charge". An internet radio can be a good idea, but what about a service which is aiming to host "Late Night Shows", provide news and advertise regions, but most importantly amazing communities and tell the story of many inspiring individuals and groups? As NationStates Radio is becoming an inclusive community of its own, we would love to bring your story to the platform.

NationStates Radio Website: https://nationstatesradio.wixsite.com/nationstatesradio
NationStates Radio "MyMusic" feature: https://nationstatesradio.wixsite.com/n ... o/my-music

Harry, I love what you're doing and I really would be interested in a service that allows regions who maybe don't have the staff to set up their own broadcasting arm to still broadcast, but is streaming music free of charge with a broadcast license from nowhere legal?
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:14 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:

Harry, I love what you're doing and I really would be interested in a service that allows regions who maybe don't have the staff to set up their own broadcasting arm to still broadcast, but is streaming music free of charge with a broadcast license from nowhere legal?

I use cy.tube it's really for online videos but basicly everything is on youtube.
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Drongonia
Minister

Founded: Feb 11, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drongonia » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:23 pm

I'd be interested in listening if we had more player-focussed content, like interviews, player-hosted shows and maybe even live political debates if you wanted to get that risky with it. I think a talk/news station, although more technically challenging to run, would be better suited to the type of game NS is and the fact that our player base has wide-ranging music tastes.

Also, I don't want to threadjack but I did design this logo which I think is kinda cool, but of course we have nowhere to use it.
Last edited by Drongonia on Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Latrovia
Envoy

Founded: Nov 05, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Latrovia » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:59 pm

Drongonia wrote:I'd be interested in listening if we had more player-focussed content, like interviews, player-hosted shows and maybe even live political debates if you wanted to get that risky with it. I think a talk/news station, although more technically challenging to run, would be better suited to the type of game NS is and the fact that our player base has wide-ranging music tastes.

Also, I don't want to threadjack but I did design this logo which I think is kinda cool, but of course we have nowhere to use it.
(Image)

I find that logo amazing. Would you like to hit me up on Discord with more of your ideas?
Former President of The Confederacy of Free Nations
Former Minister of Interior of the Confederacy of Free Nations
Former President of ESU
Former Minister of Interior of ESU
Former Minister of Foreign Affairs ESU
Former President of SANCTUM
Former Minister of Foreign Affairs SANCTUM
Former Minister of Interior SANCTUM
Wintreath, Europeia, The North Pacific, Sanctum, The Confederacy of Free Nations, The Eurasian Socialist Union
Founder of the Enadian Union
Founder of Global Citizen
Technical & Support Advisor Enadia; EU
Co-Founder of AIR
Former Minister of Foreign Affairs in ITDA
Former Commanding Officer ITDA / EUF

NationStates Radio
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby NationStates Radio » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:39 pm

Today's livestream has been brought to you by - The Independent - Only news, Complete News.

Official NationStates Profile : Click here to visit

Last edited by NationStates Radio on Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Commandant
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Commandant » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:10 pm

East Meranopirus wrote:NationStates Radio or new Enadia gimmick? Also note that people in some countries can't access it for copyright reasons, e.g. Australia. Might wanna check on that before starting.

No Australia? That sucks. Nice idea thi
Former Kanzler and Minister of Home Affairs in Hartfelden.
Former Corporal of The Invaders.
Currently Recruitment Officer for Galactic Wars.

NationStates Radio
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby NationStates Radio » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:00 pm

The Commandant wrote:

No Australia? That sucks. Nice idea thi

Good day from Europe. The livestream should be playing just fine in Australia as well. You can check any of our lives and get back to us, in case you're experiencing technical issues.

Kind regards,
NationStates Radio

The Commandant
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Commandant » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:23 pm

The Commandant wrote:No Australia? That sucks. Nice idea thi

Good day from Europe. The livestream should be playing just fine in Australia as well. You can check any of our lives and get back to us, in case you're experiencing technical issues.

Kind regards,
NationStates Radio

k then. I'll check it out when I've got some time.
Former Kanzler and Minister of Home Affairs in Hartfelden.
Former Corporal of The Invaders.
Currently Recruitment Officer for Galactic Wars.

Nouveu Chichiyaku
Civilian

Founded: Mar 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveu Chichiyaku » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:19 am

I actually do some small-scale journalims with another nation in a region called The Music Box (Idk if I could be of any use but I would love to help though... :unsure: ), I like your idea with NS Radio, Good luck with that idea! :)

NationStates Radio
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby NationStates Radio » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:49 am

Today's livestream has been brought to you by - The NationStates Radio Editors.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay