NATION

PASSWORD

In My Honest Opinion - Anonymous Confessions and Opinions

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Syberis
Diplomat
 
Posts: 590
Founded: Jan 21, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Syberis » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:44 am

Tim-Opolis wrote:Anonymous confessionals are only fun if there’s some level of drama or intrigue involved. If everyone just circlejerks positive shoutouts, which they won’t, there’s nothing of too much interest to stick around for.

IMHO (see what I did there) The whole anonymous confessions page just reminds of High School, when shit like YikYak as well as “anonymous” HS Twitter accounts was popping off. Pro-Tip: Those did not end up wholesome, and most of the fun it did bring was at the expense of others.


I keep forgetting I'm older than you until you say things like this.
I've finally found what I was looking for
A place where I can be without remorse
Because I am a stranger who has found
An even stranger war

Zaolat wrote:WHO THE F*** IS SYBERIS

User avatar
Oriax
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: Jul 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Oriax » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:44 pm

Having fun from the drama caused at the expense someone else sounds like no fun at all.

User avatar
Hassa San
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 6
Founded: Jan 07, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Hassa San » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:34 pm

Chava Cal wrote:IMHO, this anonymous puppet epidemic has gotten out of control. We're already seen something similar happen almost half a year ago so all you're doing is beating a dead horse.

Hmm? I didn't know that the horse was dead. On the contrary, it's very much alive. ;)

Perhaps I should make an anonymous confession.
Last edited by Hassa San on Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Marilyn Manson Freaks
Diplomat
 
Posts: 731
Founded: Jul 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Marilyn Manson Freaks » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:46 pm

Chava Cal wrote:IMHO, this anonymous puppet epidemic has gotten out of control. We're already seen something similar happen almost half a year ago so all you're doing is beating a dead horse.


How the hell does a guy pretending to be a long-dead group compare to something that could actually be meaningful. And no, this isn't an anonymous puppet. Read the thread.
Hi, I'm Manson! I'm just your friendly neighborhood rockstar!
NS Join Date: November 6th, 2015

Here are some things I've authored.

Jobs & Positions
4th Generation Fishmonger
Founder of the Church of Zyonn
NRO Stooge

User avatar
Ghost of Anonymous Gameplay Puppets
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: Jun 19, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Ghost of Anonymous Gameplay Puppets » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:25 am

Hassa San wrote:
Chava Cal wrote:IMHO, this anonymous puppet epidemic has gotten out of control. We're already seen something similar happen almost half a year ago so all you're doing is beating a dead horse.

Hmm? I didn't know that the horse was dead. On the contrary, it's very much alive. ;)

Perhaps I should make an anonymous confession.
Anonymous confessions by anonymous puppets bear considerable weight. After all how could we know the truth...*ghost flutters away*
The sky is falling!

IT IS THE MAXOTOPIAN AGENDA!

This puppet is owned by...New Rogernomics

User avatar
Darkesia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 786
Founded: Mar 01, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Darkesia » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:49 am

This thread is an example of why GP can't have nice things.
Blackbird wrote:Francoism is to fascism as Marxism is to peanut butter.
Greater Moldavi wrote:If I didn't say things like that then I wouldn't be...well me.
Katganistan wrote:I imagine it's the rabid crotch-seeking ninja attack weasels. Very hard to train, so you don't see them in use in many places.

User avatar
Chava Cal
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 5
Founded: May 06, 2017
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Chava Cal » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:26 pm

Marilyn Manson Freaks wrote:And no, this isn't an anonymous puppet. Read the thread.

The timestamps between their post and my post, as well as the positions of said posts, indicate otherwise. Read them.

Marilyn Manson Freaks wrote:How the hell does a guy pretending to be a long-dead group compare to something that could actually be meaningful.

Because cynicism sees holes in the bucket that holds water.
The below statement is true
This is an anonymous puppet
The above statement is false

Joe Hildebrand wrote: "The right made Donald Trump president but the left will keep him there."

User avatar
IMHO
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 8
Founded: Jun 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby IMHO » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:20 pm


User avatar
Eumaeus
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 176
Founded: Jan 27, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Eumaeus » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:40 pm

I lost the mother#$@&ing game. D:<

I liked this and am looking forward to finding out what else the GP community has to get off their chests.
\▼/We Are Not the NSA\▼/

Raiding HistorySecurity CouncilDear NativesTWP Raid

"You ask my honorable name? My name is Nohbdy:
mother, father, and friends, everyone calls me Nohbdy."

User avatar
Aclion
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5774
Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Aclion » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:09 pm

Oriax wrote:Having fun from the drama caused at the expense someone else sounds like no fun at all.

sounds like gameplay to me
XKI:Deputy WA Secretary, former TITO Tactical Officer and Emissary to Forest[/region]
TEP: former Deputy Minister for WA affairs
Forest: Cartographer Emeritus
Oatland: Consul ,Caesar and Cartographer Emeritus

User avatar
Witchcraft and Sorcery
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 63
Founded: Feb 01, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Witchcraft and Sorcery » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:40 am

Tim-Opolis wrote:Anonymous confessionals are only fun if there’s some level of drama or intrigue involved. If everyone just circlejerks positive shoutouts, which they won’t, there’s nothing of too much interest to stick around for.

IMHO (see what I did there) The whole anonymous confessions page just reminds of High School, when shit like YikYak as well as “anonymous” HS Twitter accounts was popping off. Pro-Tip: Those did not end up wholesome, and most of the fun it did bring was at the expense of others.

I absolutely second this. This is not a healthy thing for any community, especially one that thrives on drama as much as NSGP does. My uni's "Confessions" page devolved into gossip and toxicity within a couple of months my freshman year. YikYak and stuff in high school went the same way. There's also the question of the politics of whoever controls this account and whether they'll keep certain answers truly anonymous. I've never been a fan of these things.


Gameplay nerd. Defender. Formerly of 10000 Islands. Call me W&S, call me crazy, call me whatever you want, just don't call me with an @everyone ping on discord and expect me to respond.

Minister of Military Affairs, the South Pacific
Officer, South Pacific Special Forces
Senator and University Dean, 10000 Islands
TITO Tactical Officer
Warden-Constable, The Grey Wardens
Host, 2017 Defender Awards

User avatar
Lord Dominator
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6099
Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Corporate Police State

Postby Lord Dominator » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:44 pm

First edition looks good.
Dee Vytherov-Skollvaldr | Forest | TBH Major and Council Member | WA Vizier | Ambassador to the WA

User avatar
Foreign Policy Idealists
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 9
Founded: Jul 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Foreign Policy Idealists » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:20 am

Oneself inquires as to why anyone would submit compromising confessions to a probable intelligence operation when one can create an anonymous puppet themselves, the real identity of which some realize but dismiss offhand and others fail to realize despite frankly comical levels of sloppiness?

Obvious facetiousness aside, I think this an idea either entertaining or dangerous, depending on how it plays out; presently, of course, it seems benign, though I’ve enough pessimism to portend graduating vicissitudes in this service’s use, albeit not vicissitudes preventable by Morover’s due diligence, should Morover have the will, the good intentions, and a properly-distinguishing temperament.

User avatar
Frattastan IV
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 153
Founded: Sep 02, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Frattastan IV » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:07 am

Foreign Policy Idealists wrote:Oneself inquires as to why anyone would submit compromising confessions to a probable intelligence operation when one can create an anonymous puppet themselves, the real identity of which some realize but dismiss offhand and others fail to realize despite frankly comical levels of sloppiness?

Obvious facetiousness aside, I think this an idea either entertaining or dangerous, depending on how it plays out; presently, of course, it seems benign, though I’ve enough pessimism to portend graduating vicissitudes in this service’s use, albeit not vicissitudes preventable by Morover’s due diligence, should Morover have the will, the good intentions, and a properly-distinguishing temperament.


Is this how you imagine educated people speak?
Rejected Realms Army, High Commander

Draganisia wrote:Also it seems the next war could be NPO fighting directly against Pacifica.

User avatar
Latin Islands
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 191
Founded: Nov 29, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Latin Islands » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:25 am

Witchcraft and Sorcery wrote:
Tim-Opolis wrote:Anonymous confessionals are only fun if there’s some level of drama or intrigue involved. If everyone just circlejerks positive shoutouts, which they won’t, there’s nothing of too much interest to stick around for.

IMHO (see what I did there) The whole anonymous confessions page just reminds of High School, when shit like YikYak as well as “anonymous” HS Twitter accounts was popping off. Pro-Tip: Those did not end up wholesome, and most of the fun it did bring was at the expense of others.

I absolutely second this. This is not a healthy thing for any community, especially one that thrives on drama as much as NSGP does. My uni's "Confessions" page devolved into gossip and toxicity within a couple of months my freshman year. YikYak and stuff in high school went the same way. There's also the question of the politics of whoever controls this account and whether they'll keep certain answers truly anonymous. I've never been a fan of these things.

In my experience confessionals failed because some of the students insisted on knowing who the poster might be. But yeah, looking back, this doesn't seem to be a helpful thing in the long run...
IC:
The Federation of Latin Islands
"D'un océan à l'autre"
A parliamentary democracy in The West Pacific.
OOC:
Have you experienced something so nostalgic that it hurts?
Likes animated series. Dislikes overgeneralizations.

User avatar
Foreign Policy Idealists
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 9
Founded: Jul 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Foreign Policy Idealists » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:58 am

Frattastan IV wrote:
Foreign Policy Idealists wrote:Oneself inquires as to why anyone would submit compromising confessions to a probable intelligence operation when one can create an anonymous puppet themselves, the real identity of which some realize but dismiss offhand and others fail to realize despite frankly comical levels of sloppiness?

Obvious facetiousness aside, I think this an idea either entertaining or dangerous, depending on how it plays out; presently, of course, it seems benign, though I’ve enough pessimism to portend graduating vicissitudes in this service’s use, albeit not vicissitudes preventable by Morover’s due diligence, should Morover have the will, the good intentions, and a properly-distinguishing temperament.


Is this how you imagine educated people speak?

The manner in which I have authored my prose on this account, though I confess it is most sesquipedalian and grandiloquent, is not so much a consequence of any sort of insecurities regarding my verbal ability as it is a consequence of a desire to separate the identity with which I am publicly identified from this account, with which I allow myself to utter more incendiary comments; that is to say, my prose here is not so much my prose elsewhere, and it is intentionally so.

Regardless, my prose, and the origins thereof, is not at all the topic of this thread, so the entirety of this discussion is very much a digression.
Last edited by Foreign Policy Idealists on Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
IMHO
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 8
Founded: Jun 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby IMHO » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:48 am


User avatar
Lord Dominator
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6099
Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Corporate Police State

Postby Lord Dominator » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:53 am

Booo people who didn't submit things.
Dee Vytherov-Skollvaldr | Forest | TBH Major and Council Member | WA Vizier | Ambassador to the WA

User avatar
Armaros
Diplomat
 
Posts: 628
Founded: Apr 06, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Armaros » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:56 am

Lord Dominator wrote:Booo people who didn't submit things.

Aren’t you technically among those? :p
An average Jo.
LWU | TBH | Lazarus | TEP
My opinions are solely mine. I do not speak for regions I'm involved with unless stated otherwise.

User avatar
Lord Dominator
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6099
Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Corporate Police State

Postby Lord Dominator » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:14 am

Armaros wrote:
Lord Dominator wrote:Booo people who didn't submit things.

Aren’t you technically among those? :p

I reserve the right to be a hypocrite
Dee Vytherov-Skollvaldr | Forest | TBH Major and Council Member | WA Vizier | Ambassador to the WA

User avatar
The Blaatschapen
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 55819
Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:16 am

Lord Dominator wrote:
Armaros wrote:Aren’t you technically among those? :p

I reserve the right to be a hypocrite


It's a non-exclusive right, just to be sure :p
Forumer mod, now a rocker mocker. Thank you Ringo
Heaven is other people
Behind the invisible hand of the market hides the iron fist of the state.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect - Mark Twain
Silent is an anagram of listen.
Male. Please address me as 'he'.
Blaat - all fluff, all action
This is the 8th line. If your sig is longer than mine, it is too long.

User avatar
Lord Dominator
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6099
Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Corporate Police State

Postby Lord Dominator » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:28 am

Clearly not, or Gameplay would be more dead and Cormac wouldn't be Cormac :p
Dee Vytherov-Skollvaldr | Forest | TBH Major and Council Member | WA Vizier | Ambassador to the WA

User avatar
IMHO
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 8
Founded: Jun 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby IMHO » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:38 am


User avatar
Cekoviu
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16426
Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Cekoviu » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:22 am

Foreign Policy Idealists wrote:
Frattastan IV wrote:
Is this how you imagine educated people speak?

The manner in which I have authored my prose on this account, though I confess it is most sesquipedalian and grandiloquent, is not so much a consequence of any sort of insecurities regarding my verbal ability as it is a consequence of a desire to separate the identity with which I am publicly identified from this account, with which I allow myself to utter more incendiary comments; that is to say, my prose here is not so much my prose elsewhere, and it is intentionally so.

Regardless, my prose, and the origins thereof, is not at all the topic of this thread, so the entirety of this discussion is very much a digression.

Dear god, this is pretentious.
RWDT - REST IN POWER
David Hume fangirl, massive Tuvaboo, anti-imperialist, and Castroist socialist. Also a sex-negative SWERF, traditionalist SJW, and Anglo-Catholic Episcopalian.
/tʃɛ'koʊ.vi:.ju:/ (check-OH-vee-you)

User avatar
Vincent Drake
Envoy
 
Posts: 330
Founded: Dec 08, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vincent Drake » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:53 am

"Pretentious" would be the utmost and insufferably rebarbative understatement of the contemporary aeon. No mortal soul of magnanimous inclination would subject a fellow and unoffending H. sapiens to such wholly unfathomable prattle. Such a perverse act would constitute a profanation beyond any to have ever graced the international order. Therefore, IMHO, we must coup Balder.
Commander in The Order of the Grey Wardens
Founder of European Union

Need to talk? Vincent Drake#3952

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Heaveria

Advertisement

Remove ads