NATION

PASSWORD

-

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Gently Dirken
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

-

Postby Gently Dirken » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:35 pm

-
Last edited by Gently Dirken on Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jar Wattinree
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 14, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Jar Wattinree » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:08 pm

Gently Dirken wrote:Does the contents of a nation's dossier affect the simulation of a nation's state? Does being listed in someone else's dossier affect the simulation of a nation's state?

I was wondering if the game has some kind of background flow of resources on a regional or dossier-based level involving the prominent exports, foreign aid, defense spending, culture, scientific progress, and possibly other systems. Are all the nations self-contained? Do the nations automatically trade with each other? Can the nations learn from each other?

1): No. Nations do not know if they have been dossiered. It's just a handy bookmarking tool.

2): The game does track those kinds of stats, but it is a secret except for site staff. Issues Editors, for example, know about the stat interplay so they can balance the 1000+ issues in the game.

3): Effectively, yes. The only nation that exists in Issues is your nation, and all of the NPC nations like Maxtopia, Bigtopia, Brancaland, and others.

4): No. But that's what RP is for, and a lot of the NS forums is devoted to it. There's even a subforum dedicated to nothing but trades.

5): See 4.
By the Holy Flaming Hammer of Unholy Cosmic Frost
I will voyage 'cross the Multiverse to fight for what was lost!
From this realm of nuclear chaos, to a world beyond the stars
I will quest forever onwards, so far;
I will wield the Holy Hammer of Flame!
Unholy cosmic frost!

Ecce Princeps Dundonensis Imperator Ascendit In Astra Eterna!

Return to Gameplay